OFFICIAL OO STARCRAFT II RELEASE THREAD OMG

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

BlottoBot

Re: OFFICIAL OO STARCRAFT II RELEASE THREAD OMG

Post by BlottoBot »

WarPanda wrote:PvT 3 gate Robo. What I actually do is this....1 gate, 1 robo then eventually 2 more gates. Observer and find out what he is doing first. then proceed accordingly. I find this the safest build against Terrans, especially if he walls off his ramp. If he does not wall off then you can rush him easily.
I'm finding 3 gate, 1 stargate really effective in pvt. I get out heavy zealots and a void ray or two. Ive been having trouble with marauders and this has seemed to be the answer. At this point they often go heavy marine or viking and you can start uping the stalker count and this compensates for both. If I dont out right kill them at this point I start thinking about adding either HT or colossi into the mix... HTs means I definately get out some DTs and start dropping/ keep map control.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Matrix wrote:And i thought i like data :)

very interesting.
Pivot tables FTW!

:lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

had an interesting game. Vs terran, he was 2 basing building up, he tried few early tank marine pushes which i easyly repelled. I was going zergling , banling , muta. I had 4 base to his 2 , but i was not managing resources properly even though i had a lot of minerals, i was at about 130 pop for the last battle. He was tottaly bunkered in with thors and siege tanks, bunkers turets. So i decided to do bainling zergling drop in his main, pretty my whole land army. He decided not try his luck at the ramp, and marched to my base. Whipes out my bases while i whipe out his. I had pretty large flock of mutas about 15 or so. I try to rebuild but and he decided to rebuild too, though he has almost not cvs. I still have 2 bases , he finds a base and goes for it, i pick off his expansion and last scv. i though i won but he still had a command center, (keep in mind, his focre has 3 thors, and about 30 marines with few medivacs, there is no way i can take him out head to head). Then he pushes to my last base, but i already had another expansion at his base. As he pushed i decide to check on his command center since its not with main force, nor its mining, so obioulsy he parked in the corner of the map. I win.

The sad part, if he was moving slowly with his command center and his force, i would have lost since as there was no way i would be able to build up enough force to stop his with all production building destroyed.

PS: on the bright side, i am starting to do hathery larva injection on auto pilot. Was kind of funny in the last game, as i was playing and being in a moment, my consious though entered, did i reinject larva? As i looked at both hatheries, they both were in mid larva production. Woot.

PS2: Had someone 6pool rush me... and win... on a medium sized map... i totally missed till he was in my base.... never seen that rush before.
After the game he send me text, "i am sorry, i picked the wrong race and had to do it. " While i was thinking, i just lost to none zerg player who did six pull opener, face palm.
I was not at the least mad at him for beatting me like that, i was hovewer mad that i lost to 6pooler none zerg player and then he appologized to me. Face palm.

PS3: My platinum 1v1 real life friend (though he has 9 wins , 10 losses in it, so i think he was placed there from get to so not sure that it counts), was trying to prove to me that 14 hatch opener is better then my roach build opener and 20 hatch. He decided to 1v1, keep in mind he is mainly protos player. I have no idea why he wanted to prove a point, since i told him that i am practicing that build for now.
Anyway, i did my roach build, hit him pretty hard, killing his both queens, getting my expansion and pretty much having my way with his army in final crash. Moral of the story, if its not your race, dont try to prove a point for someone with tested build of that race. He might have been right too, but the point is, his execution wasn't.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

i have been lately getting high golds, last 3 people were gold. won 2 lost 1, it says teams even, but i am silver 30s :()

really lacked out with my second game, he was zerg, so was i, so i decided to do spine crawler on his creep. 4 out of 5 times people catch it (though when i was in bronze only about half people did), this time it went through i had spine crawler in his base before he had a zergling, and by that time my zerglings started to arrive. He gg ed right after, and he was ranked 1 in his gold. I was like oh shiiiit. ;)

I try not to do rushes too much, since i am pretty good with them but it doesnt teach me macro, in bronze i was doing a lot more rush style, but in silver i am going for more of macro play. But i will do mini rush to see if defense holds up. I tend to do none rush build, but then do mini rush when normally time for rush has passed. So when opponent scouts my base it looks like normal build, except once its done, i am doing zergling wave.

Little Raven, whats you take on 14 hatch in ZvZ?
It seems when ever someone goes for 14 hatch i just rush them and win. Almost never worth going 14 hatch in ZVZ unless large map. Is that they dont know how to defend rush or its a risky build?
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Matrix wrote:Little Raven, whats you take on 14 hatch in ZvZ?
On any map other than Scrap Station, it is tantamount to suicide. Even on Scrap Station it's very, very difficult to defend.

And your experience shows why. ZvZ, you need a fast pool.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
stessier

Post by stessier »

You guys going to be playing tonight? I think I'll be able to stay up and get some games in (although probably will start around 8 central). Horrid morning going 1-7 as Protoss. Had 6 straight games against Terran, then 1 against Protoss. For the Protoss I really need to work on 4 gate and the defense of it since I apparently stink. :D

For Terran, I want to work on 2 gate robo. I think I will like that build, but I'm just not very good with it.

For Zerg, do not try 2 gate, 2 robo with close positions on Shakuras. Especially trying to get out a bunch of Immortals. It went poorly. :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks for the games last night! I'm dying this morning, but they were a bunch of fun!
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

I seem to be zigzaggin win loss win loss.
Most losses come vs protos. Though i do feel i am getting a better handle on how to use units vs them, and i do win some protos.
I am about even with terran and i win more zerg then lose.
Since jumping into silver i am 28 - 21

Need more experience, some builds still surprise me.
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

LittleRaven your gwj sc2 thread attention is dawdling :P I found another hapless soul asking after a SC2 group and I pointed him at ours. BNice is his GWJ name, I dont know what his sc2 name is though.
stessier wrote:You guys going to be playing tonight? I think I'll be able to stay up and get some games in (although probably will start around 8 central). Horrid morning going 1-7 as Protoss. Had 6 straight games against Terran, then 1 against Protoss. For the Protoss I really need to work on 4 gate and the defense of it since I apparently stink. :D

For Terran, I want to work on 2 gate robo. I think I will like that build, but I'm just not very good with it.

For Zerg, do not try 2 gate, 2 robo with close positions on Shakuras. Especially trying to get out a bunch of Immortals. It went poorly. :lol:
early robo against zerg is not so much of a good idea. If they scout it, it is relatively easy for them to switch over (down tech) to lings and clean you up. Rather if you do want a tech structure fast try a starport + voidrays. This forces them to Up tech to either hydras or mutas, which either means you beat him in the air race with phenixes or you then have the time to switch to robo tech and get out collosi while they begin building a hydra force. If its the later option keep building voidrays with your collosi as its a potent army (oh and dont neglect the gateway units!).
stessier

Post by stessier »

I had a game over an hour this morning. Protoss (me) in the West, Terran (him) in the North on Lost Temple. I tried an early Zealot rush, was repulsed, moved into sentries/stalkers/immortals, held off his counter push, and expanded to my Natural. Started getting harassed by Raven turrets, but held that off, got Colossi and expanded to the gold between us. Got up to 172 food and decided to push out. Started to stomp him, but was met by cloaked banshees and forgot to bring my observer. Retreated back to my gold, got the observer, reinforced with some more stalkers, and pushed again while also expanding to the East start location. Rolled his base - but was countered in my own by a fleet of 8 BCs. This was a problem - I had no air. I threw my few stalkers at him, but he dropped a metric ton of MULEs and I basically did nothing.

At this point I also noticed I had no more minerals. Well, 15 actually. This was not good. I had a bunch of probes sitting around though as everything was mined out - and my Nexus just finished in the East. So "Go East, young Probes!". I must have had way more than 30, because they instantly over saturated the base. I started popping pylons and Gates to make up for what he was taking down in my main/natural/gold. I managed to get all set up and get out a ton of stalkers before the first BC arrived - which I annihilated. Then I expanded to the East natural. Meanwhile, he continued taking out my main. I then expanded to the southern Gold and dropped a ton of cannons (by this point I was back up around 150 food and was rolling in minerals, but short on gas). I started making VRs since I found him on the southern island. I sent an observer to the Northern island, but he never went there.

Finally, I topped 190 food and sent my 6 VRs to the island while I sent my mass stalkers/colossi (remaining from the initial battle)/sentries to the South start position - where I found the 9 BCs. They took out everything, but he was down to 4 damaged BCs. I had 6 gates working at that point, so I started warping in stalkers as he attacked my Gold. The cannons took out another BC and weakened a second so that my 6 stalkers got another kill. After that, 12 more stalkers took out the last 2 and started on his base which was down to a CC, Barracks, and a bunch of Supply Depots. He lifted off the Barrack and ran it to a corner, while the CC didn't lift off fast enough and was destroyed. Then it was just the annoying mop up duty as he wouldn't quit.

I was happy that I was able to rebound and lucky he didn't send that force looking for my expo rather than taking out stuff that was already powered down. I also got the "Drain 10 Gold mineral fields" achievement during a real game, which was kind of cool (the other ones I generally have gotten against the AI).
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Sounds like a fun game you had. What do our higher ranked members think of battle cruiser?

I havent really seen more then 1 in my game yet, so dont know how tough they are vs zerg.

I had myself a crazy game last night, both zerg on the big map that split in 2 halfs. I start build up, and then he send mass zerglings i barely defend atack. This continues he build large waves of zerglings, i have roaches but half the time he runs pass them and attacks my main, at least once he took out almost all of my drones in main. Through out the game i felt that i probably should just resign, and in few points of the game, he was all over my base, killed probably 4-5 queens. I tried to do same run by his base, but that didnt work at all. Finally i mass bunch of roaches, and decide to spire, as i do that, bunch of his mutas arrive. Damn! i send roaches to attack his foces and try to muster up some base defense and my own mutas, he is on 2 bases, and i am on 3 (but 3rd not well saturated) i managed to expand sometime between his attacks. AS my roaches run into his fight ensues, he has a lot, but so do i, about even, he also has mutas but i have 1 attack and 1 defense upgrade which give me the edge in that fight. Then crazy scramble between mutas going on. Thought out the fight it feels as i am just trying to catch up, i finally killed of his mutas and have about 6 left, which i send into his base, kill his queen, kill few workers in his second and he ggs.
Which left me sort of surprised since i though he was leading through out the whole game, but when i looked at his econ chart, clearly those wave of zerglings took its toll. His econ was weaker then mine for second half of the game.

This taught me to better group my roaches, since at one run by he just ran by 12 of my roaches and right into main and by the time i got there , my drones and queen gave up the ghost. In the future, will have ramp roaches and advanced roaches.

This is first time i have seen zerglings used for heavy harass way into the game. Normally initially zergling wave, or mid zergling wave to harass and thats all. But he sent wave after wave after wave and sad enough to admit, at least half of them were pretty effective. They lost their effectiveness as i was getting used to them. These waves remind me to do more of my own zerg wave harass. In number of occasions i think i should just have 20-30 zergling wave in mid map somewhere, and as soon as i see my opponent move out to my base, i send wave into his econ. The key is here to hold off the main attack but the rest should be gravy.

I am not playing enough, just 1-2 games per day, which means my climb in my ladder is slow. I am up to 29 in silver.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sounds like you're making good progress Matrix.

Edit - why did you go Mutas instead of hydras? I find as long as my roaches are equal, hydras are better in my army because the upgrades that help the roaches, also help the hydras.

And what do you think about spreading creep? Why I'm ZvZ, I'm always afraid to spread too far to the other base because it gives him a highway into mine. I never really know what the right balance is. [/edit]

A note about the BCs - the reason they were so effective is because I scouted poorly. I knew about his main and natural, and thought that was all he had. Didn't know he had a 3rd on the southern island and that let him build up in peace. Had I known they were there, I don't think they would have been a problem at all. And really, he sunk so many mins into them, that I could easily catch up with the easy to replace stalkers. I think they can be good in support, just like the Carrier, but massing them leaves you open to losing. Had he started massing Marines and Medivacs in support, I probably would have been toast. But he never did.
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

BC's are not really a good option vs Toss. Blink Stalkers can just own them. That is how we handled them last night. :) Use some blink micro and I think I took out around 4-5 BC's and only lost 2-3 stalkers total. Not bad really. Maybe I lots more but not much.

If you can Void Rays are good against BC's as well but you need to have enough and they need to get charged up. Do not be afraid to charge up a VR on your nexus. Just dont drop the nexus shield though. :) Also breakable rocks are great for charging the beam.

Sounds like you guys had some intense games. Great work.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

stessier wrote:Sounds like you're making good progress Matrix.

Edit - why did you go Mutas instead of hydras? I find as long as my roaches are equal, hydras are better in my army because the upgrades that help the roaches, also help the hydras.

And what do you think about spreading creep? Why I'm ZvZ, I'm always afraid to spread too far to the other base because it gives him a highway into mine. I never really know what the right balance is.
I got mutas if he doesnt have a lot of mutas himself, since they give much much better map control then hydras. I would go hydras if he had a lot of mutas, but he never had more thn 8, so i went for my own mutas since if i win sky battle i win the game. And resource wise i was on 3 base, to his 2 so i could likely to outproduce him. I only go hydras if 1, he goes mass roach , then i mix roach hydra. Two, i am playing defensive macro up, and getting ready for 1 big battle, 3 he has a lot of mutas way before me and i have to play catch up. While upgrades are same, but you will have no map control, and hydras super slow off creep. For me giving up map control is the biggest thing.

I dont spread much creep in ZvZ, precisely because it hurts and helps just as much. So less micro for me. The only time when i do spread creep in ZVZ is when i need hydra to defend, or they just to slow.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Matrix wrote:I dont spread much creep in ZvZ, precisely because it hurts and helps just as much.
Not quite. Yes, the enemy Zerg gets the movement bonuses, but you get the sight. So while it's less of a priority in ZvZ, it's still generally a good thing to do.
Witch-King

Post by Witch-King »

BlottoBot wrote:
early robo against zerg is not so much of a good idea. If they scout it, it is relatively easy for them to switch over (down tech) to lings and clean you up. Rather if you do want a tech structure fast try a starport + voidrays. This forces them to Up tech to either hydras or mutas, which either means you beat him in the air race with phenixes or you then have the time to switch to robo tech and get out collosi while they begin building a hydra force. If its the later option keep building voidrays with your collosi as its a potent army (oh and dont neglect the gateway units!).
New here, Stefan just pointed me in this direction on our Astroempires forum. Personally I find the good ole 4 gate to be a reliable approach vs Zerg as toss. Go for some earlier gas to poop out a sentry to block those pesky zerglings. I tend to go heavish on sentries with a few zlots and mostly stalkers for the first push because they decimate zerglings and roaches have a hard time getting to you with the force fields. Haven't played SC2 in awhile though, my internet connection can be dreadful and there is no greater disappointment than having a really good match only to get dropped. If anyone has tips for playing toss though I'd love to hear them. I typically use 4 gate push as my early attack when I go to expand, however I have used 2 gate robo effectively as well vs other toss. Big fan of sentries, protect me from terrans who can't find anything but their "A" key and zerg players who over commit to that early zergling push.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Still working on getting better at Toss. I got the Zealot rush achievement last weekend and thought that might be a nice opening to get some early pressure on people (still don't feel right going all Death on people in 1v1).

Played 4 games this morning. First 2 I beat a bronze and a silver Terran with the rush alone. The bronze guy walled off on Delta, but only had 1 Mar and 2 rines when I showed up. Took out both depots at the choke and I don't think he could produce any more units. Silver guy didn't wall off on Lost Temple, but put down a bunker between his two Rax. Took out the bunker, then the 2 Mars inside. He got out 1 rine, then quit as I still had 4 zealots rampaging through his base.

Next game turned out to be against a gold Zerg on scrap station. I sent my 5 lots to take down the rocks and started working on warp gates. Had 2 stalkers out when a bunch of roaches showed up. I kept my lots moving into his base, but I probably should have retreated. The lots took out his queen and the 4 roach guards, but the roaches ruined my base and I quit.

Second game turned out to be against the same guy, but on Lost Temple. I went 2 gate robo, and held off the first roach push. Then, after I expo'd, held off a huge roach/hydra push (although I lost a bunch of probes). Probe loss was ok, though, as my main was mined out. I expanded to gold and way to late put down 2 starports. I was trying to build up my stalkers, but only had about 8 when he showed up again with Corrupters/roach/hydra. That was that. I didn't get to watch the replay. I wonder if there was any room in there for a counter attack. Sure didn't seem like it. :?
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

From the games i have been watching, it seems the only real counter to proto death ball is roach/hydra/corrupter combo. And that death ball shouldn't be at 200 or zerg still get steamed.

I need to play more, my work has kept me busy, and sc2 isnt exactly most relaxing game.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Player 3 games today, got abused in every single one of them. wow, not playing even few days really drop kicked me bad. Lost vs 1 zerg, 1 protos, and 1 terran. SAD SAD.
I feel that when games start going wrong, its better to quit while its not too late. I played 2, and though, hey maybe its just bad lack, but after 3rd i realized i am playing atrociously, so time to take a brake till tomorrow.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Matrix wrote:From the games i have been watching, it seems the only real counter to proto death ball is roach/hydra/corrupter combo. And that death ball shouldn't be at 200 or zerg still get steamed.
There are basically two counters, both of which are hard.
  • Roach/Hydra/Corrupter, preferably with plenty of spines. Mind you, this is NOT easy. You have to have just the right balance of Corrupters - enough to kill the Collosi quickly but not so many that you have a bunch of worthless Corrupters left afterwards. And if the Protoss ball is 200/200, you're still going to lose, badly. You have to rely on the 300/200 army trick to save you, which obviously requires SUPREME macro. On the plus side, this eventually leads nicely into Broodlords, assuming you survive that long.
  • Big ol' Muta ball. And I mean BIG. Once a muta ball gets large enough, it pretty much decimates Protoss balls 'o death. However, it's not easy to get that kind of ball against a decent 'Toss, because Mutas are very, very weak on defense until the ball reaches critical mass, and the Toss will generally start throwing out Templars/Pheonixes if your ball starts getting really big....both of which make life very hard for Mutas.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Hmm didn't think about Mutas, but does make sense. and as you mentioned, both counters hard to pull off, even top zergs seem to have problem against good protoss. Which is kind of annoying to watch, when zerg has better micro, better control and yet loses, and through out a game it seems as uphill battle.

This days with protos i try to hit them hard early and then out macro. Though i still need get the timing right, i fall to 4 gates too often still.
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

Little Raven wrote:
Matrix wrote:From the games i have been watching, it seems the only real counter to proto death ball is roach/hydra/corrupter combo. And that death ball shouldn't be at 200 or zerg still get steamed.
There are basically two counters, both of which are hard.
  • Roach/Hydra/Corrupter, preferably with plenty of spines. Mind you, this is NOT easy. You have to have just the right balance of Corrupters - enough to kill the Collosi quickly but not so many that you have a bunch of worthless Corrupters left afterwards. And if the Protoss ball is 200/200, you're still going to lose, badly. You have to rely on the 300/200 army trick to save you, which obviously requires SUPREME macro. On the plus side, this eventually leads nicely into Broodlords, assuming you survive that long.
  • Big ol' Muta ball. And I mean BIG. Once a muta ball gets large enough, it pretty much decimates Protoss balls 'o death. However, it's not easy to get that kind of ball against a decent 'Toss, because Mutas are very, very weak on defense until the ball reaches critical mass, and the Toss will generally start throwing out Templars/Pheonixes if your ball starts getting really big....both of which make life very hard for Mutas.
if the death ball includes a fair share of void rays its game against the roach/hydra/corrupter force. The mutas can handle this a bit better, but its almost worth it make sure you hit the prot base first and just lower their probe count. Then start working on the army and contstat reinforcing of the muta army.
Witch-King

Post by Witch-King »

Matrix wrote:Hmm didn't think about Mutas, but does make sense. and as you mentioned, both counters hard to pull off, even top zergs seem to have problem against good protoss. Which is kind of annoying to watch, when zerg has better micro, better control and yet loses, and through out a game it seems as uphill battle.

This days with protos i try to hit them hard early and then out macro. Though i still need get the timing right, i fall to 4 gates too often still.
I find the only real way to avoid falling to a 4 gate is either to 4 gate faster or hold off on the offensive till after the toss makes his initial push. If you manage to simply decimate the first 4 gate push with a solid defense you'll be able to expand right after without much worry unless the toss decides to commit to 4 gating you to death in which case his economy will be trash so long as you keep holding it off. Also in terms of zerg managing to fight protoss, I find right now in platinum/diamond league zerg can do it if they just have really good unit placement. You 100% need the surround or the protoss wall is just going to plow through you. Personally I find the crackling meat shield helps to surround me when I am playing vs zerg as toss but that may just be some falter in my playing since I have not played often lately.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

It seems all new maps today. Most maps much bigger, i won 3 in a row and then went back to my zigzaging pattern.

Last game dude tried to 4 gate me, but this time around i was ready for him and mass lings and roaches did the job, then i counter attacked, kept him in one base and was able to win.

Though i think he did bad field placement and didnt use enough zelatos, has he had had more zealots i would be in more trouble.
I am also trying out early upgrade to zergling build.
Witch-King

Post by Witch-King »

Matrix wrote:It seems all new maps today. Most maps much bigger, i won 3 in a row and then went back to my zigzaging pattern.

Last game dude tried to 4 gate me, but this time around i was ready for him and mass lings and roaches did the job, then i counter attacked, kept him in one base and was able to win.

Though i think he did bad field placement and didnt use enough zelatos, has he had had more zealots i would be in more trouble.
I am also trying out early upgrade to zergling build.
Hmm, I think by the sounds of it he really needed sentries so that he controlled the battlefield. Zealots just get gobbled up by roaches and wouldn't have made much of a difference unless it was a pretty large ball of them. Forcefields would have stopped the lings from reaching him in time the same a wall of zealots would however it also would kept the roaches out of range of his stalkers and the sentries themselves.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Witch-King wrote: Hmm, I think by the sounds of it he really needed sentries so that he controlled the battlefield. Zealots just get gobbled up by roaches and wouldn't have made much of a difference unless it was a pretty large ball of them. Forcefields would have stopped the lings from reaching him in time the same a wall of zealots would however it also would kept the roaches out of range of his stalkers and the sentries themselves.
The irony was, he had pleanty of sentries with a lot of energy he just didnt use it. I also flanked him with zerglings ( i stashed them at the top, of his attack so they pretty much came from behind once he placed the fields) after he put up fields for roaches, i was working on my 2 side attack and it worked wonder in this game. Lets just say, his field placement could had been better. He was mid gold ranking.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I've started going back to the gym which is great for my health but horrible for my play time. I think I've done 3 1v1 games in the last week. Oh how I wish I were in college again...
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

I am in the same boat, though my reason is work.

got 2 games in today, lost to straight forward marine drop. And my econ was pumping too, all i needed was few bainling in my zergling army, alas. He was actually ranked #2 on gold, which was kinda sad, because i should have had that game stright up, considering he was 1 basing the whole time. Then won vs zerg with my sneaky drone creep / zergling attack. He was low teens gold.

I have no idea why but i think my past 10 games has been vs gold opponents. Considering i am ranked 23 silver, i am not sure what that means.
Thin_J

Post by Thin_J »

I can't believe my account still exists here.

If anybody wants another person to practice with let me know. Bnet ID's in my signature.
Battle.net: ThinJ.284
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

raven, you should join the gwj sc2 tourney they run each weekend... that or we should try and organize a team tourney? ARG why do I have to work this weekend. I wanna join a tournement.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

I plan on trying to do the tourney this weekend. I couldn't do last weekends because of a birthday party.

I'm going to get killed, of course, but it should be fun.
Thin_J

Post by Thin_J »

Any of you guys that want in are definitely welcome. The more the merrier. If the numbers get highish I might have to stop playing myself just to be able to keep up with results, but after the drubbing I got last Saturday that'd actually be cool with me :P
Battle.net: ThinJ.284
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

oh good, i thought this thread is disappearing.

I am still getting occasional games in, nothing to exiting in my mid 20s silver league, past few games they gave me silver players and they were not very impressive. I finally had stopped fully developed late protos , he tried 4 gate, then when it failed when for 2 base max army, when he was trying that i got bunch of corruptions and fried half of his 6 colosai as he had not much of anti air. He got anti air but was not able to get that many colosai again, and my hydra roach corruptor army took him apart. He was ranked 1 silver, but i now starting to notice a difference between gold and silver play, silver much less consistent and usually are 1 trick ponny. Like this dude did 2 base, and when it failed and i shot down his 3 rd expansion, it was game. Next game had vs ranked 14 silver, who produced marines and helions from 1 base whole game. Not even trying to expand. I got bunch of bainling, ling muta on 2 bases and stomped him. Havent even attacked him once, just waited till he came to me, and it was over. Marines are not too good against mass of bainlings. I need to get more games in, but shedule doesn't allow and dragon age takes time too.
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

Blotto what is this GWJ tourney in which you speak? I have not been able to get as much practice time as I prefer but alas this interests me. Depending on the time of the tournament of course.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I haven't played in 2 weeks. I have, however, lost 5 lbs. I refuse to say the two are correlated.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

GWJ tourney info.
GamersWithJobs is another gaming forum, not entirely unlike OO, though much much larger.
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

WarPanda wrote:Blotto what is this GWJ tourney in which you speak? I have not been able to get as much practice time as I prefer but alas this interests me. Depending on the time of the tournament of course.
You are very welcome to join in :) http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/5122 ... nt-1781545" target="_blank is a link to the thread where you can get the info. please come! I wont be able to join in sadly so you are safe from cannon rushes :P
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Damn i suck, i still miss so many little things, that i usually lose. On the bright side, i have been set up with 2 platinums back to back after beating #1 ranked gold, to both of whom i proceeded to lose, one game i should have won and one game i lost miserably. Meh, now i am back to getting golds. Win, loss, win,loss,win, win, loss , loss. Pretty bad still, i am beginning to see some traits of rush or certain builds, but i still usually see it or realize it too late, timing attack is another problem. Keep getting massive amounts of protos opponents, most of whom proceed to 4 gate,though i am about 50/50 vs them now, so its not all bad. This is still while i am ranked 20 in silver, they should at least promote me to gold, since they have no problem throwing gold opponents at me. I think i seen only 1 or 2 silvers in past 15 games. But for that, i would actually start winning consistently and not win loss win loss. Of course to start winning consistently i need to get better at my resource management, which still bad.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Two OOers entered into the GWJ tourny. We didn't do TOO badly. I came in second, Ichbinunique came in 4th.

Panda, you should really look to get into one of these. You'd do very, very well.
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

Yeah I want to. Been really busy with life, birthdays, and just all kinds of stuff lately. I need to get back into playing some more. Grats Raven on placing second, that is great! With all the multiplayer battles we do, it is good to see the 1v1 skills are still solid. :)