OFFICIAL OO STARCRAFT II RELEASE THREAD OMG

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Little Raven

Re: OFFICIAL OO STARCRAFT II RELEASE THREAD OMG

Post by Little Raven »

Yeah I understand. I don't think I'll be able to make next week's tourney....family life and all. But maybe the one after that.

Just so you know, it ended up taking about 3 hours from start to finish.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Congrats Little Raven, it is always fun making into the finals.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Making it to the finals was fun. The actual final games....yeesh. Let's just say they were short. And brutal.
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

WarPanda wrote:Yeah I want to. Been really busy with life, birthdays, and just all kinds of stuff lately. I need to get back into playing some more. Grats Raven on placing second, that is great! With all the multiplayer battles we do, it is good to see the 1v1 skills are still solid. :)
life can really suck sometimes, I just finished a 65 hour work week. I WILL play some sc2 tonight, even if it kills me!
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

Did you get cheesed in the final games there Raven?

This still tickles me and frankly I am very grateful, that we play with some masters of cheese. With how often we get a chance to watch it in action I like to think I have become.....paranoid.....and am constantly looking for it. I also feel a lot more prepared to deal with most of it. More in house games!!!
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Well, I got Foxered both times. Neither time killed me but it set me far enough back that I couldn't catch up. I have to learn to repel that better.
ichbinunique

Post by ichbinunique »

I cannon rushed someone in my last game. Blotto's influence shining through!
There are no sweeter words than this: nothing lasts forever
Oneprince

Post by Oneprince »

I added a few of you to my friends list. Feel free to send me a message in-game.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

That just means that you could send us messages, oneprince. For us to message you, you'd have to give us your BNet name and friend code.

If you're looking for some team gaming, though, hit up myself, Blotto or Panda sometime. We'll introduce you to the group.
Oneprince

Post by Oneprince »

Will do.

Name: Khruel
Code: #528
Oneprince

Post by Oneprince »

Cool games last night guys. Was fun.

Do any of you ladder 1v1? I wouldn't mind training for some ?vZ. (Me being the Z.)

Also, who here is Motion?
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1589235/1/Motion/" target="_blank

-Oneprince
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

I was really into laddering only about 150 games in though, mostly due to time restrictions. I will be happy to train with you. I play Protoss. I will look for you and will be happy to throw at you what you will likely face against Toss opponents.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

I do a little ladder. A very, very little ladder. But I've resolved to do a little more, mostly to help practice for the GWJ weekly tourney. (which you should seriously considering joining, Prince)

It was great playing with you and I hope we get to do it again.

And Motion is Matrix.
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

WarPanda wrote:I was really into laddering only about 150 games in though, mostly due to time restrictions. I will be happy to train with you. I play Protoss. I will look for you and will be happy to throw at you what you will likely face against Toss opponents.
I will take you up on that sometime. I need to practice my 4 gate against someone else's 4 gate :/. PvP feels so constraining sometimes. lots o gateways + robo seems the only way through.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Hey Khruel, good games with you the other day. I was away from SC2 focusing on work. But should have some time in next few days, and will up for catching some games.
Oneprince

Post by Oneprince »

I should be on tonight. I got demoted to gold which I knew was coming. I haven't been doing so well laddering lately. That and I took a break for a bit and the ladder I was on was stagnant or something. So when I came back and lost a few, I had a good idea that I'd get the hammer. No issues though.... :p

Was going to catch up with you last night Little Raven, but I lost Internet for a bit and lost a game because of it and got mad and quit the game... Grrrr.

-Oneprince
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

sry Khruel I didnt notice you were on too this evening. Jump into team speak next time and we will get you in with us. We love our team games :)
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Yeah a lot of times I'll be hanging out in the TS channel even if I'm not in Starcraft, so make sure you drop in any time you're interested in a game.
Oneprince

Post by Oneprince »

Will do. I was on but didn't see anyone else on. I'll make sure to jump on TS tonight beforehand. I just did some practicing mostly anyway. I'm trying to break out the infestor every game in practice as that's the unit I mostly need to get down. I get hammered by terran bio balls using every micro trick I know without using the infestor. Every attempt I try to use them for FG I end up losing the infestor... so I must be terrible at microing with them.

-Oneprince
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

A quick reminder to all OOers....the GWJ weekly tournament takes place tomorrow at 2:30 eastern time. Anyone who has an interest in SC and a couple of hours open should really consider joining...it's a LOT of fun and you'll learn a lot. Skill level ranges from high bronze to low diamond, but it varies week to week.

Introduce yourself here, install Vent and you'll be good to go. Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.
Thin_J

Post by Thin_J »

Slight correction, we've been starting at 3:30, not 2:30 :)

By all means, please join us though! Currently sitting at 5 people for today, so we're set to do Round Robin, best of 3's. One more player and I'll probably switch it to a swiss style setup. It'll mean everybody won't get to play against everybody, but it'll keep things short(ish) so we're not all playing SC2 for four hours straight.

As it is I think we've run between two and a half to three and a half hours the last few weeks.

*Consider this a borderline last minute appeal for players. We're down to four for this week. If anybody's at all interested speak up! We could use another person or two.
Battle.net: ThinJ.284
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Woo hoo! OO is victorious this week!

Granted, it helped that it was a very, very small tourney.

WarPanda, Matrix, OnePrince, SERIOUSLY consider getting in on the action next week. You'll have a lot of fun and you'll learn a LOT.
Oneprince

Post by Oneprince »

I will not be able to participate this coming weekend, unfortunately. I was committed to helping my father-in-law lay flooring four hours from home all weekend long. Joy. Should be interesting as it's my birthday on the 2nd. Hope to get a meal out of it at the least. :p

Definitely interested in getting in on the next tourney though!

Maybe you guys should win this one: http://tactic3d.complexitygaming.com/" target="_blank

-Oneprince
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Congrats LR. I am swamped at work and barely have time for some Shogun. SC is a little to intense at the moment, considering i get plenty of intensity at work right now as its my busy period.
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

Blotto I came down with a cold man. I will try to meet up with you this Friday if I am feeling better. I am sick enough that I do not feel like gaming much. That is how sick I am!
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

No worries, get better soon! Now that I can typically go toe to toe with the bulk of the players I meet in the ladder games are taking longer and I find my strategy falls apart long term. /sigh more practice needed.
BlottoBot

Post by BlottoBot »

raven I demand you join us! we have spallterpope with us. a friend you made off justin TV?
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

So how did the tourney go this weekend? Spoke with Blotto briefly. Looks like we will be determined to figure out the counter to this "New" Zerg build that is all the rage. Seeing as I do not know who created it lets give the credit for now to our friends from down under and their crafty ways.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

The build you're seeing from Down Under is the Spanishiwa build, as posted on Team Liquid and popularized by Mr Bitter. Here's the creator's notes on some weaknesses.
Last things to note! Doesn't work on scrap (yet!), 2 rax all scv all in close positions it doesn't work, proxy 2 gate it doesn't work (although I've pulled it off before, but that's.. a different story), 6 pool you have to cancel the hatchery, pylon block by P with no viable 3rd = it won't work
The tourney went fine. Splatter came in 1st, Violah came in second, and I managed third. I'm now taking a 3 day hiatus from Starcraft to develop my Blood Bowl game. ;)
WarPanda

Post by WarPanda »

Well if you ever want to play any BB Raven let me know. I am running a small league now and when it is finished you are welcome to join. Grats on 3rd. What race does Violah play?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I played my first game on Sunday since 3/2. How could no one mention they changed seasons? Or that there has been another update that changed some graphics, some balance (170 is really a long time to wait for Stim), and some UI on the replays.

I have to go play my 1 match to get back all of my precious league placements. :)

My 1v1 match was very odd. My random T to his Z. He slowed the game way down, then built queens and hives - 7 by the time I arrived with a big enough force to end it. I watched the replay and he didn't even have his drones set with a way point, yet he was a Silver. Just odd.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Ack! No Page 2 for us! :)

I started playing the campaign again on Hard with the intent of getting all the Achievements. Zero Hour took me a while to get, but only because I was being too aggressive and trying to attack way too soon. Once I finally let myself collect about 75 marines/medics, it was a breeze. I took out 5 Hives (rather than the required 4) and probably could have gotten all 8 had I started 1-2 minutes sooner (I only lost 6 units in taking out 5 Hives, so I was well above critical mass).

Just finished the Zombie mission. Took a while, but go the "Kill 15 buildings at night" achievement on the first try. I was stupid, though, and only used hellions instead of mixing in some reapers to take down the buildings while the hellions took out the infected terrans. Ah well - alls well that ends well.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Maybe my skills are just really rusty (or, you know, never that good in the first place :) ), but I just played a 2v2 HARD against the AI and was impressed with the AI. It seemed to have a real plan and the two players seemed to build a group of units that worked well together. It was 2 P v 2 P. Pretty cool. I think I'll have to find time to play more online again. With the recent (to me) patch, it'll be a whole new game.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Played quite a bit this weekend. Requalified in 3v3 and 2v2. Got Platinum for the 3s and Gold for the 2s. :shock: That ain't right. I'm getting killed as I don't really remember how to play, haven't read anything about the balance changes, and am in way over my head.

Still fun - I just feel bad for my partners as I lose, lose, and lose some more. I also don't like how they've truncated your record in the Ladders - I liked knowing W & L. I can guess they switched to only the Ws to make people feel better, but I don't like it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:Maybe my skills are just really rusty (or, you know, never that good in the first place :) ), but I just played a 2v2 HARD against the AI and was impressed with the AI. It seemed to have a real plan and the two players seemed to build a group of units that worked well together. It was 2 P v 2 P. Pretty cool. I think I'll have to find time to play more online again. With the recent (to me) patch, it'll be a whole new game.
I loved the first one of this and bought the second but never really got that into it. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot in a few weeks weh nschool lets out and make you partner with me so you won't have to feel bad as your partner will be worse than you. :D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:Maybe my skills are just really rusty (or, you know, never that good in the first place :) ), but I just played a 2v2 HARD against the AI and was impressed with the AI. It seemed to have a real plan and the two players seemed to build a group of units that worked well together. It was 2 P v 2 P. Pretty cool. I think I'll have to find time to play more online again. With the recent (to me) patch, it'll be a whole new game.
I loved the first one of this and bought the second but never really got that into it. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot in a few weeks weh nschool lets out and make you partner with me so you won't have to feel bad as your partner will be worse than you. :D
I'd be up for it! Unless you would be willing to play 4:30-5:30am CDT, the only time we'd likely be able to hook up are Fri, Sat, or Sun nights. But it would be fun to learn all over again with someone from the beginning. :D
stessier

Post by stessier »

Is anyone still playing?

I've gotten back into it a bit. I'm only playing 2v2 because it is easier to walk away for a week or two when I know that my losses aren't strictly my fault. :D

I think I've gotten a bit better - at least at the team game. I'm in Silver, but I'm getting matched against Gold/Plat with the occasional Diamond. That can't be all horrible, right?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

When's the Zerg game coming out?
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:When's the Zerg game coming out?
When is Heart of the Swarm coming out?

It’s too early to talk about a specific release date at this point in time. As with all Blizzard games, our ultimate goal is to provide the best possible experience for our players, and we will take as much time as is needed to ensure that Heart of the Swarm meets the expectations of our players, as well as our own high standards.
I think the current speculation is in time for the Chirstmas holiday. The original plan, I believe, was every 18 months and the WoL came out this time last year.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Most people on the battle.net boards seem to care about the MP aspect, but this part of the SP could be very cool if they do it right.
Unnatural Selection

Harder, better, faster, stronger: the Swarm never stops evolving, and in Heart of the Swarm, you decide how the zerg develop. Between missions, you'll be able to mutate your different zerg species. If you unlock enough mutations for a species, you can evolve that species into one of two different strains. For example, one zergling strain might evolve the ability to hatch more zerglings from the same egg, while the other could produce zerglings that can make short leaps forward to close into melee distance more quickly.