Irony

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

flycatcher

Irony

Post by flycatcher »

"A political candidate who jumps to conclusion without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief," the president said in a speech in Lititz, Pa.

Anybody see the irony in this quote
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Not as much as I suspect you're implying. GW certainly thought he knew the facts about Iraq, and he had significant portions, if not all, of the global intelligence community telling him he was right.

So unless this out-of-context quote is a call for omniscience, then no, I don't see too much irony there.

- Ash
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

/faints

What's going on up there in Canada that TMH and Asharak are being reasonable?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Last edited by Tareeq on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

RunningMn9 wrote:/faints

What's going on up there in Canada that TMH and Asharak are being reasonable?
It's those new frosted cinnamon rolls at Tim Horton's, they make the whole world seem sweet and reasonable. Give me one of those and even Dubya doesn't seem so bad.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

What happens after the inevitable sugar crash?

Of course, by then it may seem reasonable to vote for a candidate who couldn't care about the facts because the decision has already been make. And flip-flopping is bad, mmmkay? :roll:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Asharak wrote:So unless this out-of-context quote is a call for omniscience, then no, I don't see too much irony there.

- Ash
I thought god told him everything... unless god lies... or isn't omniscient... that would explain alot.....
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

I’ve stopped laughing at stupid quotes like that. Dubbya is such a flaming idiot it is becoming painful to even listen to the guy talk. I think I lost the humor when I watched a comparison between bush in the debates vs. Ann Richards and the ones with Kerry. I would have actually voted for bush based on the performance of his early debates. I don’t know what happened, maybe he had a mild stroke or something, but there is a drastic difference between those 2 debates. During the Richards debates, he was well spoken, concise, well mannered, and bordered on eloquent. Some time between then and now the guy has gone retarded, and started thinking there is more than one internet. How people can vote for a guy that shows obvious degradation in his cognitive ability is beyond me. I swear this is a crazy world we live in.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.