Add/Remove Programs, cant be remove

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

U2K Tha Greate$t

Add/Remove Programs, cant be remove

Post by U2K Tha Greate$t »

lol, do anyone know of a free program that can force programs located in the add and remove section in the control panel to be remove?

Sometimes after installing games and programs, the programs dont seem to disappear and when trying to remove them, error message comes up.

:cry:
snoleopard

Post by snoleopard »

I use RegCleaner when I uninstall a program, and it is uninstalled, but won't go away in the add/remove programs. It's a free download. Just google regcleaner.

Edit to add: Hope it works for you.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

What error message(s) are you getting?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Some programs will remove the files but not the registry entries. If you can't get them out with RegClean mentioned above. You can always edit them directly out of the registry by hand. (If you feel skilled enough to do it).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

I'd also remove the program entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.

Disclaimer - I make no warranties of your success. If you follow the above advice, you do so at your own risk. Having said that, I've used this method successfully in the past (At my own risk, of course).
U2K Tha Greate$t

Post by U2K Tha Greate$t »

What snoleopard requested to use, worked great.

:D
Interloper

Post by Interloper »

Hmm, which RegCleaner should I use? When I google it, it returns many different regcleaners. :?:
snoleopard

Post by snoleopard »

I use RegCleaner 4.3, but I haven't updated it in awhile. Any version should work as far as I know, and all the results you get from google should be for the same app, just different sites to download it from.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

...and as always, backup your previous registry before you mess with it at all. Prolly goes without saying in these parts but still...
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd