Anyone heard of Uncharted 3?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

ibdoomed

Anyone heard of Uncharted 3?

Post by ibdoomed »

I was perusing blockbuster and saw this. Looks fun and I guess it came out recently but no one seems to have noticed. Reminds me of tomb raider.
coopasonic

Re: Anyone heard of Uncharted 3?

Post by coopasonic »

No one seems to have noticed the release of one of the most celebrated PS3 franchises? That's kind of amusing. If you haven't you should really play the first two games at least for the storytelling.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

dude the game came out today...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I got the Uncharted 1/2 bundle and finished it a few weeks ago. Looking forward to Uncharted 3 but I'll be able to wait a bit. Got Fallout New Vegas going on the PS3 and BF3 on the PC so my limited gaming time is booked right now.

Interested to hear initial impressions though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

naednek wrote:dude the game came out today...
coopasonic wrote:No one seems to have noticed the release of one of the most celebrated PS3 franchises? That's kind of amusing. If you haven't you should really play the first two games at least for the storytelling.
Ah, ok. When I looked at ebgames I didn't see a release date, just shipping now. I searched here and saw no threads about it and no threads at QT3, nothing on the last couple pages of joystiq so....

I sort of dabbled with the first two but don't recall finishing them. It's hard to play consoles these days.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It's a rare console game that gets much press here, note there are threads from July on the first page. I'm surprised about the other sites though. Maybe it's just a foregone conclusion that people will buy it and love it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

doomed, you have an account on gamingtrend and you post there quite a bit. uncharted 3 has been in the top 10 posts on the console forum for the last month. not sure how you missed that. i suspect this was intended as a funny post.

edit: As a matter of fact, you even posted in that thread. :lol:
Covfefe!
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

As I just finished Arkham City, I just picked this up
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

IceBear wrote:As I just finished Arkham City, I just picked this up
100 percent completion? I'm about 73 percent through the main story and I'm a bit surprised at how short it's been. I had read about how long the game was and was all set for months of gaming goodness. But unless they were talking about finding all the trophies (something I don't really consider as much fun as an actual side mission), I'm just not seeing that in my time with the game. :cry:
Covfefe!
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

hepcat wrote:
100 percent completion? I'm about 73 percent through the main story and I'm a bit surprised at how short it's been. I had read about how long the game was and was all set for months of gaming goodness. But unless they were talking about finding all the trophies (something I don't really consider as much fun as an actual side mission), I'm just not seeing that in my time with the game. :cry:
No, I felt like I was getting close to finishing the main story mission so wanted to finish up a couple of the side missions but it was just getting annoying with the the helicopters so I went and did a couple things and then Bam, over (only 70% done :( ). I will probably replay it later in the harder mode that unlock when I won't be in any danger of burning out on it

Edit: I think all those challenge maps, etc might be factored into the percentage complete as I did one or two and then noticed my percent done jumped up a couple of points
naednek

Post by naednek »

IceBear wrote:
hepcat wrote:
No, I felt like I was getting close to finishing the main story mission so wanted to finish up a couple of the side missions but it was just getting annoying with the the helicopters so I went and did a couple things and then Bam, over (only 70% done :( ). I will probably replay it later in the harder mode that unlock when I won't be in any danger of burning out on it

Edit: I think all those challenge maps, etc might be factored into the percentage complete as I did one or two and then noticed my percent done jumped up a couple of points
I finished the main mission at about 46% completed.... Debating on doing the side missions.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

I played a couple hours tonight and it's meh. I used to say how eye candy didn't matter much but maybe I'm just getting jaded and these awful graphics are distracting.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Trolololol.....
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

I see why no one cares about this. It's a poor shooter mixed with QTE's and meaningless scripted events. Skip it, not even worth a quarter a day rental.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

That would explain all the 90%+ reviews I'm seeing
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

He's an obvious troll. Just ignore.
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

Teggy wrote:He's an obvious troll. Just ignore.
Geez. Sorry I don't gloss over the parts that take away from the game. I'll go away.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Well, I wouldn't say he's an obvious troll. The Uncharted games aren't for everyone so if he's never played one of the first two I can see how he might not like it. Personally, I just get a kick out of Drake and the spots he finds himself in and I am in the mood for a Tomb Raider-ish game right now
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

IceBear wrote:Well, I wouldn't say he's an obvious troll. The Uncharted games aren't for everyone so if he's never played one of the first two I can see how he might not like it.
ibdoomed wrote:I sort of dabbled with the first two but don't recall finishing them. It's hard to play consoles these days.
I agree they might not be for everyone, in particular if they didn't know what to expect, but someone who "dabbled with the first two" ought to know what to expect.

I'll be waiting until goozex provides me with a copy, which is probably going to be the better part of a year from now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

coopasonic wrote:
IceBear wrote:Well, I wouldn't say he's an obvious troll. The Uncharted games aren't for everyone so if he's never played one of the first two I can see how he might not like it.
ibdoomed wrote:I sort of dabbled with the first two but don't recall finishing them. It's hard to play consoles these days.
I agree they might not be for everyone, in particular if they didn't know what to expect, but someone who "dabbled with the first two" ought to know what to expect.
He also posted over in the GT thread a month ago, so the idea that the game is some surprise to him is just silly. But the fact that I am even talking about him means that he has achieved his goal.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

There's such a fine line between Andy Kaufman and JeffV...
Covfefe!
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Why is anyone who expresses distaste without paragraphs of justification a troll? ibdoomed is a great guy I've had a ton of fun playing with in WoW, and I'm certain he wouldn't create a discussion just to rile others up. No one over the mental age of 15 does that. And correct or not, how is it constructive to call someone out on it?

I'd say the majority of gaming related comments I make here are negative in nature. Not because I'm a generally negative person, but because it's frustrating when you can't get into a game and I often post here with the hope someone can find a way to help me have fun.

It made me sad when I realized he hasn't posted here since this thread. Negative or not, he'd be a great addition to the community.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It was just odd that he created a thread telling everyone he knew nothing about a game when he so obviously knew quite a bit about it as shown by his posts from a month ago on another forum about said game. Don't you find that a bit strange?

He also stopped posting over on GT after people disagreed with his rather abrasive critiques of The Walking Dead. You honestly think it's reasonable to express such vitriol about something that someone else might enjoy and not expect to have someone disagree with you?

My theory is that he was just messin' with folks. I have no problem with that as long as it's in good fun, and I suspect he got the results he wanted.
Covfefe!
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Yeah, there is a difference between criticism and mean spirited, irrational criticism.

If you make trollish comments you have to expect to get called on them.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I don't know. Maybe he was just having a bad day? Admittedly I'm biased, but it's because my experience with ibdoomed is that he's a generous, interesting, and friendly fellow. I haven't read his GT posts, but I find it hard to believe this was a conspiracy to ruffle the forums' feathers over a couple of new releases.

No insult intended Teggy, but your replies in this thread seem little more than inflammatory anti-trolling. I'd like to think we'd give posters the benefit of the doubt before declaring them trolls. The guy's been registered here since 2007.
hepcat wrote:You honestly think it's reasonable to express such vitriol about something that someone else might enjoy and not expect to have someone disagree with you?

Disagree is putting it nicely.

I mean neither of you gentlemen any offense. I'm just bummed one of my friends doesn't seem to post here anymore, even if his most recent comments may not have shown him at his best.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sudy Nym wrote: Disagree is putting it nicely.
Can you show me the post in which I insulted him? Others may have been more abrasive, but I don't believe I went down that path at any point.

I would also like to point out that he seemed a little...well...off in his posts on GT about Steve Jobs after Jobs' death was announced, posting basically "good riddance" over and over again.

Perhaps you don't know this person as well as you think? :wink:
Covfefe!
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

hepcat wrote:Can you show me the post in which I insulted him? Others may have been more abrasive, but I don't believe I went down that path at any point.
I wasn't referring to your posts specifically, my apologies. Again, I meant no one any offense. If ibdoomed is a secret troll unbeknownst to me, that sucks... but I still like the guy, and I wanted to stand up for him, as some of you may not know him the way I do. :)

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

No harm, no foul. I had different experiences with the guy in the past that were mostly negative. But sometimes what people post when they believe they're being anonymous is quite different from what they say when interacting on a one on one basis.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

9 years later and... I finally finished it. Hey that was a lot of fun!

For some reason I bounced off it when I first played it on PS3. This time I played the whole thing start to finish in one day.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:09 pm 9 years later and... I finally finished it. Hey that was a lot of fun!

For some reason I bounced off it when I first played it on PS3. This time I played the whole thing start to finish in one day.
Wow, I was looking for the spammer post and instead I got a true-to-life actually relevant bump.

Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Feel free to report me. I probably deserve it. :)

Got started on Uncharted 4 this morning. After that I think I am about ready to call this console generation done. Oh, Nioh 2 arrives soon so maybe not.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I thought something was wrong with the title. When I saw "perused Blockbuster" I knew it.

I loved the series. Probably my favorite on PS4. My wife bought me each game. I got the first one to see what it was like and loved it so much. It was like playing Nathan Fillion even though its Mr North. Then she got me 2 and 3 together. And then when 4 came out I had to have it too. Finished them all and wished for more.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:33 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:09 pm 9 years later and... I finally finished it. Hey that was a lot of fun!

Wow, I was looking for the spammer post and instead I got a true-to-life actually relevant bump.

On another forum I'm on, bumps like these would get the threads locked and they call it necroposting :lol: I never really understood that policy as bumping an old post can generate renewed discussion.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Wonder if IB has become less vanilla or more over the years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:50 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:33 pm

On another forum I'm on, bumps like these would get the threads locked and they call it necroposting :lol: I never really understood that policy as bumping an old post can generate renewed discussion.
If the alternative is trying to figure out which game is being discussed in the Randomness thread, I'll take necroposts every time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:34 am Wonder if IB has become less vanilla or more over the years.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll never forget that discussion about "rogering".
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm Feel free to report me. I probably deserve it. :)

Got started on Uncharted 4 this morning. After that I think I am about ready to call this console generation done. Oh, Nioh 2 arrives soon so maybe not.
Uncharted 4 is an absolutely gorgeous game (especially in HDR) that doesn't quite reach the highs of the first 3 games in the series.

I do have the spin-off "The Lost Legacy" still sitting in my unplayed queue that I might play once I finally finish God of War (which will likely be the next time I boot the game).
Hodor.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:47 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:34 am Wonder if IB has become less vanilla or more over the years.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll never forget that discussion about "rogering".
Definitely one for the ages.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm Feel free to report me. I probably deserve it. :)

Did you play Spider-Man?

I'm primarily an xBox console gamer, but I *had* to play Spider-Man, and finally bit the bullet during the Black Friday PS4Pro sales as an Xmas present for me - came with Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War game of the year pack-ins (with DLC).

Finished Spider-Man (main campaign - saving DLC for a return to web-slinging) and am about 60% through HZD (according to in-game stats).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.