Anyone still play City of Heroes/Villains?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Cylus Maxii

Re: Anyone still play City of Heroes/Villains?

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Lots of people are running trials. The 50+ vip players are doing incarnate trials a lot of the time rather than grinding inf or PL lower characters.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I fired this up over the weekend and didn't have any issues getting in. My account gladly logged in and I was off running.

When I logged in, I couldn't help but note some things had changed:

- Warshades, Peacebringers, Black Widows, Arachnos Soldiers, Controllers, and Masterminds are all now "Pay to Play" classes if you didn't have them unlocked before.
- I don't know why, but I started with 5 Server Character Slots on Pinnacle and 3 General Slots for use on any server... so on Pinnacle, I can have 5 characters and another 3 characters anywhere else (or up to 8 on Pinnacle). A basic free account will get 2 slots. You don't get 2 slots per server; you get 2 slots - pick your server carefully.
- You can buy power sets, inventory slots, auctionhouse slots, character slots, etc... It looks like a lot of content is "purchase only" but it's not really a big deal; these were things you could do without and still do just fine.
- Character creation has changed. There's a lot of "buy to use" costumes, and the actual process of creating a character is different. You pick what kind of character you want to play (Tank, Melee Damage, Ranged, Support, Pets) and then it offers Archetypes appropriate to that and shows you things on a rating of 2-10 how well they perform in Survivability, Melee Damage, Ranged Damage, Crowd Control, Support, and Pets.
- The tutorial missions have changed. Now when you create a character, both Heroes and Villain archetypes go to the same zone and you decide right there if you're a hero or villain; which means a Mastermind could easily be a Hero and a Controller could easily be a Villain. I liked it. I want to get a Mastermind Hero now, but feel that my Robots/Dark MM is possibly the most efficient and brutal Mastermind you can make, so I don't really want to start over with something that feels gimpier. I'll probably get him to 50 and do the missions to convert him to Hero once I've done enough Villain work.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
baelthazar

Anyone still play City of Heroes/Villains?

Post by baelthazar »

Does subscribing get you access to everything or just "credits" monthly to use for buying new stuff? I really wish I had gotten in on the VIP offer, but it wasn't in the cards.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

baelthazar wrote:Does subscribing get you access to everything or just "credits" monthly to use for buying new stuff? I really wish I had gotten in on the VIP offer, but it wasn't in the cards.
The Differences Page, from their site.

It looks, by this list, that you get all 14 Archetypes - including the ones I named as being "Pay to Play" when you become a VIP. You also pretty much get everything in the game, along with 400 Points to spend in their store each month on other things like Costumes or additional Character slots. I can't comment with authority as to what sorts of things are inherantly locked or unlocked.

It kind of looks like you'd loose extra character slots if you let your subscription slide and didn't buy them directly, but I can't say what else you'd loose - ie. if you paid for a month and made an Arachnos Soldier, could you make another after your subscription wore off? I don't know. I do know that when I quit, I had a Controller, Mastermind, and Warshade - and all of those classes are open to me (as well as Peacebringer)... BUT ... I never got a Villain to 50 before I quit and unlocked the Black Widow or Arachnos Soldier classes, so I don't have access to those unless I pay for them.

I'd say it's worth paying if you're going to play a lot and know you like the game. I'd pay, but our monthly budget is tight - I've been doing a lot of free gaming lately.
Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant even figure out how to slot rewards into my powers slots. I lvl'd some and added about 4 slots to my kicks and punches. But I cant figure out where to add power tokens to those new slots.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote:I cant even figure out how to slot rewards into my powers slots. I lvl'd some and added about 4 slots to my kicks and punches. But I cant figure out where to add power tokens to those new slots.
Applying an enhancment should be as easy as opening your Enhancement screen and dragging an appropriate one into a power. This screen can be found in the Menu, and your list of Enhancements you've found is a window you can (and should, to make sure it doesn't fill with crap and can't hold something nice) toggle on or off from the menu drop-down.

If things are like they were before (more than two years ago), and they seem to be, you'll first have to either buy or find "Enhancements". You may be able to walk into a store and purchase them, or visit the Auction House to find them cheaper. These come in a wide variety of flavors:

1. Basic - These provide the smallest benefit, but can be used by anyone to improve stats on a power - damage, recharge, endurance consumption, range, accuracy, etc. They have plain octagonal borders and symbols.
2. Dual-Origin - These can be used by a charcter with either of two Origins that are somewhat related: Natural/Tech, Mutant/Science, etc. Not as powerful as Single Origin, but better than Basics. They have neat symbols and 50/50 split borders like half gear, half vitals readout.
3. Single-Origin - These are the most powerful Enhancements you're likely to find from fighting and from Merchants/Contacts. You can start using them at Level (12?). The borders on these are a full type - 100% Gears (tech), 100% Vitals (Natural), 100% Electric (Science), 100% Arcane (Magic), 100% Biomass (Mutant) - and they have symbols like the Dual-Origins do.
4. Crafted - These are generally "set" enhancements that offer not just boosts to powers that are generally as strong as Single-Origins, but increasing benefits like +2% health, +5% fire resist, etc if you have more of them on you. They can also buff three stats on a power - like Damage/Accuracy/Recharge.
5. Exotic - These are generally found during epic Trials and fights - like killing Hamidon at Level 50 with your closest 60 friends. They provide huge benefits, but are a real pain in the arse to get. The symbols on them aren't overly helpful, and the borders are a solid Gold color.

I remember typically not bothering wasting money on Enhancements until Single Origin (level 22, maybe level 17?) versions became available to use (at Level 22, or 17?); I think the best I got were some Basics just to fill slots so they weren't empty until then - and slotting anything I'd find, but spending nothing on them unless I had given myself $1,000,000 as a jump-start. These things are hugely expensive to buy at early levels, and end up needing replacement every 7 levels as you outgrow them.

It's also possible to combine two similar enhancements in the Enhancement screen, but there's a % chance of failure that will result in the weaker of the two being discarded. When you do this, you extend the lifespan of an Enhancement by +1 level before you outgrow it - so you might combine a Level 12 with a Level 14 to get a 14+, which functions as though it was Level 15. The best you can do this way would be a 14++ which means it was combined twice and functions as though it was level 16.

Enhancements need replacing, as mentioned (this is all from memory, forgive mistakes). They're *most* efficient when they're (your_level+3); Ie: if you're level 22, a Level 25 Enhancement gives the biggest bonus - but as you get beyond it, it starts diminishing until it stops working at -4 levels. A level 44 character's Level 40 Enhancements will all go "grey" as soon as they hit 44, meaning they're worthless; the cheapest solution is to combine and buy more, then upgrade again when you can. Alternatively, a Level 50 character that finds a Level 53 Enhancement (very rare) will be equipping something that they'll never ever upgrade again, and provides the best bonus they can get. This is why slotting Enhancements gets really expensive at early levels - you could be Level 18 in a solid weekend of play, and that's a lot of discarded enhancements.

I believe that they also have enforced "Enhancement Diversification" ... when the game first came out, you could slot 6 of the same type of enhancement into a power to substantially increase it's potency in one area - like 6 Recharge Reductions at once so you could keep two pets out as a Controller - or 6 Damage to get close to +200% damage on a power. After a while they changed it so that anything over (3?) of one kind starts giving substantially diminished returns (or there's no benefit at all, I can't remember); essentially, there's no point in using more than 3 of any given kind. You'll probably end up slotting your favorite attack with something like Damage x3, Accuracy x1, Recharge x1, and Endurance Discount x1.
Black Lives Matter

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I've been grinding prestige for The Wanderers with my level 50 and my (now 14) alt. I sprung for about $5 so I could use pistols for my blaster. You cannot pay base rent unless you are a VIP, so you need at least one in your SG. Surprisingly you can create your own missions as a free player, but you can only publish 3 of them.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ah ok..thank you. I think Ill hold off on slotting anything until I get more play time in and know what Im doing better. Being gone a few years really kills my memory of a game,.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Tao

Post by Tao »

Not certain if I just chose the wrong time of the evening or if it's a large influx of players now that COH is F2P but I am attempting to download the lastest patch and Im crawling at 60ish KB/S. A 200 meg, file is going to take close to 2 hours to download and install. :shock:
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

I've been trying to play but the client keeps freezing up as soon as I get past the character selection screen! :( I have a Ton of guys too, I used to play all the time. I guess they don't want my cheap ass playing for free!
There is no hug button. Sad!
Texian

Post by Texian »

Couple of quick thoughts:
The game has changed a lot in the past few years. It may seem empty but it's not. Street sweeping is almost non-existent. Most everyone is doing instanced missions, Task Forces or Trials.
Also, heavily populated zones (Atlas Park, Steel Canyon, etc.) have lower population limits now allowing a new instance of the zone to be created much sooner than before. This was done to reduce lag and seems to be working quite well.
Arranging a team is usually done via one of the server specific private chat channels. You see very little LFT in broadcast or local channels.
Paragon Wiki is the best source for up-to-date game info and help. They do an excellent job with the site.
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Main_Page" target="_blank

The Wanderers SG stuff:
Base fees are due on the 9th of each month and should NOT be paid before that date. There is a bug in the system that can cause double billing if paid prior to the date and time they are due. I usually pay them on the 10th.
The Wanderers currently has over 3.2 million prestige in the bank. If any of you have base architect skills, the funds are there for improvements.
I rarely play the Leader character (Texas Terror) but, when needed for SG business, can bring him online almost every afternoon between 2 and 5 Central Time and nights after 10 CT. Global = @silver rogue
Retired yet still Loving life as it ebbs to its inevitable conclusion.
morlac

Post by morlac »

A friend and I busted out our old duo : Sherlock Ohms 9elec/elec blaster) and Dr. Wattson (Emp/elec Defender) last night for a nice 3 hour run. We had a blast so to speak with zero issues. Could not tell it was a FTP game once we started playing. That was refreshing. I also thought the graphics looked much better then the last time we played about 2 years ago or so. I think the 'Ultra" setting is new? I have 8 global unlocks so I unlocked at least on guy on the three servers I sued to be on. Virtue, Victory and Freedoom. Would love to group up with anyone, Ohms and Wattson could always use an extra hand.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

My wife and I are fighting our mains to 20 so we'll be eligible to join the SG (we're in Praetoria).

Any tips for making money on the auction house? I mean, I've already made some, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. Just making whatever recipes drop for me that seem profitable, and buying attack and accuracy invention recipes when I can. But the history only shows like the last six purchases, right? So if it's an active item, you really have no idea what the long term average is.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Tao

Post by Tao »

I have found he Auction house is hard to play around with at that level. If you have patience you can sell the lower end or trash recipes for a thousand influence or so a pop but the real money is obviously with the in demand recipes. Here's the problem tho, the auction house takes a pretty big vig on all sales so even if you find a recipe that sells for a million or two you need a couple of hundred thousand to put it up for sale. My level 20 MM found a recipe that was showing 5 million for the last few sales but all I could afford was 100,000 in fees. I still made 2.5 million on the sale but I had to risk all my influence.

The other information to look for on the auction house is the # for sale and # of bidders. Obviously putting up an item where there is already 20 for sale and no bidders is a waste.

Keep in mind that AH prices are heavily inflated and there isnt much of a middle ground, stuff is either crap or goes for millions. Most of the player base prior to F2P opening up, was seriously flush with cash.

You only need to buy enchancements like every 5 levels, 17 for the 20's, 22 for the 25's, 27 for the 30's etc. You should be green for 2 levels and at least white for one level. It's just that 4th level that can be a bit rough. Usually I just pick my most important powers and try and get a few enhancements up to white level to get me over the hump.

You can make some really nice enhancements with the recipes but they cost signficanly more and you can easily burn through your cash on hand. Might be more prudent to wait until you hit the mid 30's which is when the cash starts to flow in much better. Up until level 35 having the top enhancements isnt critical unless your running trials or doing big team ++ level instances. It may take a bit longer to clear missions but a good duo team can operate on a shoe string budget at the earlier levels.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

A great way to get enhancements, especially for the in-between levels, is to create an easy Architect mission and play the snot out of it. you can redeem the architect tickets for enhancements and other items.

Also sweet is you can get fly at level 8 without a prerequisite.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Texian

Post by Texian »

Sudy Nym wrote:My wife and I are fighting our mains to 20 so we'll be eligible to join the SG (we're in Praetoria).

Any tips for making money on the auction house? I mean, I've already made some, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. Just making whatever recipes drop for me that seem profitable, and buying attack and accuracy invention recipes when I can. But the history only shows like the last six purchases, right? So if it's an active item, you really have no idea what the long term average is.
Oh, yes, babeee! The auction house is a money maker's dream and a reliable way to continual riches is via the Alignment (TIP) system. I went from 12 million to over billion fairly quickly without trying hard. The key is to do TIPS and Morality reinforcing missions until you have 2 Hero or Villain Merits. Trade those in for the lowest level LotG Defence recipe +7.5% Global Recharge. Craft it and place on the market for 125 million and presto, you are off and running.

If you want to save up your merits until you have 30 on one character, you will be able to buy a Gladiator Armor +3.0% defence reipes that sells easily for 2.5 billion inf.

In just over a year, of casual marketeering, I've amassed about 8 billlion in hard capital and have about 150 of those Alignment Merits for when I do need them for something incredible.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Tell us more about tips - I haven't messed with alignment stuff since returning and don't know where to start.

Edit: nvm, looked it up on the wiki. I'll have to try those out.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Tao

Post by Tao »

125 million sound awesome except whats the vig the Auction house will charge for putting an item up at that bid price?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Now that I am getting the hang of it, I am really enjoying creating Architect Missions. Soon I should have some people can try if interested. Does anyone know:

Can Architect Missions only be played on the server where they were created?

If you publish a mission, then come back and edit it, can you publish it again without penalty, or will the game hit you up for another publishing slot? (I'm talking free-to-play where they limit your slots).
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann wrote:Now that I am getting the hang of it, I am really enjoying creating Architect Missions. Soon I should have some people can try if interested. Does anyone know:

Can Architect Missions only be played on the server where they were created?

NO any server.

If you publish a mission, then come back and edit it, can you publish it again without penalty, or will the game hit you up for another publishing slot? (I'm talking free-to-play where they limit your slots).
I figured out the drill - you can Unpublish your mission and get the slot back. DO NOT delete it or you lose the slot.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Texian

Post by Texian »

The next big update is available for testing on the Subscriber Beta server. With what they have shown us so far, I am impressed. Lots of good things to look forwards to:
---Titan Weapons will be in the Paragon Store (800 Paragon Points).
---Major adjustments to the Incarnate content including 10 new power trees for the slots; a new trial and rewards upgrades for existing trials
---Several significant interface and contact changes
---and dozens more QoL improvements.

Release date not announced but an educated guess is it will be the week after the Halloween event ends on Nov 8th.
Tao

Post by Tao »

If your handle in COH is Wess Eastland or Spellsinger drop me a PM so I know your an OO'er. Recieved global chat invites from these two folks the past few days figured it was someone from the boards but not certain.
Texian

Post by Texian »

The big update I referred to earlier was released today.

Patch notes link:
http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/patc ... 1_live.php" target="_blank

Enjoy.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Texian wrote:The big update I referred to earlier was released today.

Patch notes link:
http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/patc ... 1_live.php" target="_blank

Enjoy.
I like the part where ... It is now less likely that the game client will run out of memory and crash in Atlas Park.

I was excited to see this going free, but after having hopped in with my old Mastermind, I just didn't have the go juice to re-learn everything I knew from years ago. It felt like I was visiting a house I lived in when I was 10 - like everything was off and different, but still looked the same.
Black Lives Matter

Texian

Post by Texian »

Paingod wrote:I like the part where ... It is now less likely that the game client will run out of memory and crash in Atlas Park.

I was excited to see this going free, but after having hopped in with my old Mastermind, I just didn't have the go juice to re-learn everything I knew from years ago. It felt like I was visiting a house I lived in when I was 10 - like everything was off and different, but still looked the same.

I can appreciate your this old house comparison. When I was away from this game for 5 years playing other MMO's, my thoughts always kept returning to CoH. Like an old familiar house, there was something about it I missed. I'm quite content now to be back into it and do not have similar thoughts for the other MMO's I played. In spite of there being a score of things I hate about it, for better and for worse this is gonna be my MMO home for the foreseeable future.

-------------

This week's publish is not bug free, in fact, there are some annoying ones obvious; i.e. the user interface resetting from custom to default settings when zoning. These were reported in Beta testing but the devs chose to make the release anyways. Other bugs can be found in other areas, too, like the Map's Fog of War resetting after zoning.
Some pretty nasty comments are posted on the forums about shoddy Quality Testing and I tend to agree with most of them. Some folks are unsubbing and, really, who can blame them. I reported a bunch of bugs during Beta and none were resolved before this release. My guess is that they are under some pressure to meet certain internal deadlines and quality be damned in the meeting of those deadlines to release new content and neglect to fix the scores of bugs from previous releases.

Oh, well, such is life with this current dev team: far too much emphasis on Incarnate Trials, F2P and the Paragon Market and far too little emphasis on Quality Control, Bug fixing and game play for those who do not like the Incarnate crap.

Your thoughts?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I have now published 3 Architect Missions that re available for play. You can access them from any server. There is some name duplication, so be sure to select the ones by jaymann.

Slingblade!

Ghostbusters!

Little Big Horn

They can still be edited (within the limits of the mission creator), so I am open to constructive criticism.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Texian

Post by Texian »

Jaymann wrote:I have now published 3 Architect Missions that re available for play. You can access them from any server. There is some name duplication, so be sure to select the ones by jaymann.

Slingblade!

Ghostbusters!

Little Big Horn

They can still be edited (within the limits of the mission creator), so I am open to constructive criticism.
The ID # for your arcs are:
Slingblade 524952
Ghostbusters 527371
LBH 525463

Had time to play Slingblade and thought it quite fun. "Muddy french fries"????. Anyway, only wish is that the final warehouse room was other than the one that slows the PC to a crawl.
I played it with a level 15 Mind/Energy Dominator - always fun to have the mobs fight each other instead of me. :)

Speaking of AE arcs - I have an old one that no one has ever tried and it needs a rating for me to get the last AE badge. It is arc# 466815 - Highland Assault by Silver Rogue. If someone could try it and give it any level of rating, I would be most appreciative.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Texian wrote:
Jaymann wrote:I have now published 3 Architect Missions that re available for play. You can access them from any server. There is some name duplication, so be sure to select the ones by jaymann.

Slingblade!

Ghostbusters!

Little Big Horn

The ID # for your arcs are:
Slingblade 524952
Ghostbusters 527371
LBH 525463

Had time to play Slingblade and thought it quite fun. "Muddy french fries"????. Anyway, only wish is that the final warehouse room was other than the one that slows the PC to a crawl.
I played it with a level 15 Mind/Energy Dominator - always fun to have the mobs fight each other instead of me. :)

Speaking of AE arcs - I have an old one that no one has ever tried and it needs a rating for me to get the last AE badge. It is arc# 466815 - Highland Assault by Silver Rogue. If someone could try it and give it any level of rating, I would be most appreciative.
I will definitely do that. Some of the other missions I tried were of the "swarm you with mobs" variety. Never did see any point in that.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
astyanax

Post by astyanax »

Jaymann wrote:I will definitely do that. Some of the other missions I tried were of the "swarm you with mobs" variety. Never did see any point in that.
It's for easy farming. On the one I played, our group was being mobbed and ambushed by a bunch of fire-wielding baddies. Not coincidentally, the guy who wanted to play had a toon that was virtually immune to fire...
Texian

Post by Texian »

Thanks for trying my AE story, thus allowing my character to get all the AE badges including the portable authoring ability accolade. Will certainly take your suggestions and reduce the difficulty of the final boss. Wanted to be sure that scaling back was the right thing to do; grateful to you who tolerated, tested and confirmed his initial difficulty rating. It really helps to get feedback from other players.

I have mixed feelings about AE arcs. I really like the ones (and similar) that Jaymann created but do not like all the farming arcs that exist solely for the purpose of fast leveling or huge resource gathering. Arcs created with style and creative thinking get my nod of appreciation more than the other types.

Happy hunting.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Texian wrote:Thanks for trying my AE story, thus allowing my character to get all the AE badges including the portable authoring ability accolade. Will certainly take your suggestions and reduce the difficulty of the final boss. Wanted to be sure that scaling back was the right thing to do; grateful to you who tolerated, tested and confirmed his initial difficulty rating. It really helps to get feedback from other players.

I have mixed feelings about AE arcs. I really like the ones (and similar) that Jaymann created but do not like all the farming arcs that exist solely for the purpose of fast leveling or huge resource gathering. Arcs created with style and creative thinking get my nod of appreciation more than the other types.
+999

You may want to fix the title, it reads "Highland Assaul;t". I love that map (which one is it?). I really enjoy missions that have a theme with custom baddies whose costumes and powers are consistent with the theme. Well deserved 5 stars.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Goodnight Moon
Farewell, from all of us at Paragon Studios

This morning we announced that Paragon Studios will be taking to the skies of City of Heroes for the last time.

In a realignment of company focus and publishing support, NCsoft has made the decision to close Paragon Studios. Effective immediately, all development on City of Heroes will cease and we will begin preparations to sunset the world's first, and best, Super Hero MMORPG before the end of the year. As part of this, all recurring subscription billing and Paragon Market purchasing will be discontinued effective immediately. We will have more information regarding a detailed timeline for the cessation of services and what you can expect in game in the coming weeks.
Probably still my favorite MMO -- and I say that as someone with a dusty lifetime sub to Champions Online.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I don't play anymore, but this does make me sad. I've lots of good memories with the game. Nothing else has quite scratched that itch. The last time I played was maybe 6 months ago. Its just one of the games I visit for nostalgia every now and again.

RIP
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You have the right to remain silent.

You have the right to have an attorney present during pummeling.

You have the right to Due Process!

:(
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Pretty heavy :cry:

I played that game longer than any game in memory - for years - and still only got one character maxed out. I was obsessed with trying new builds and ways to do things. Obsessed with achievements. I lost track of it sometime just after the mission editor was released and I tried to get back into it when it went Free to Play.

For some reason the magic was gone. Completely gone. It was like looking up a girlfriend from 20 years ago who you used to think was gorgeous, only to find her jaundiced, waxy looking and with stringy hair - trying to turn tricks in a back alley.

I said my farewells then, but it is a shame the game is going down.

Dread Assembler, signing out.
Black Lives Matter

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I also played this game to death. Justice was my server. (I always wondered if any OOers were people I played with)

I normally played a female.

and damn, I can't remember all of my heroes now.

I was, among others:

Maid of Honor: katana scrapper
Mend Yu: cute asian healer
Drop of Goo: little green blob
Sandy Toes: bikini model/Earth Tank
Picatrix: fire control
Occluded Front: weather control
Exit the Warrior: dual wield villain
Pencil Theif: villain (pencil costume)

so many actually - I'm spacing out on a few key ones too, I know it.
Last edited by Unagi on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As I recall, I had:

Due Process (the tank class, whatever it was called)
Drumfire (electricity blaster, if I'm remembering the DPS class name)
Groovy Man (controller, tie-dyed shirt with peace symbol, rose colored glasses, long hair, bell bottoms.)
Some robot feller
Some gray feller

It's been a while, but I have lots of good memories, playing with the OO crowd.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
morlac

Post by morlac »

Sad news indeed. Fantastic Character editor and wicked fun combat. Did so many things right.

RIP

Nor Easter : Storm/Lightening Def
Sherlock Ohms : Elec/Elec Blaster
Solid Gold : Inv/SS
Migraine : Controller
Da' Vine : Plant dominator
Radicool : Rad/Ice defender
Bariton : Sonic blaster
Half Pint : wee little scrapper

And many, many more. Tempted to log and grab screen shots of all my Heroes/Villains
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For a while I was really into playing Mister Mental -- a failed magician that had powers related to mind control. I think the reason I stuck with him for so long was because he had the power of flight - and moving through the game while flying was awesome. Eventually though I created Ken the Janitor, a regular guy that had a horrible merging with a toilet bowl scrubber after being exposed to a barrel of cleaning chemicals. As a result, he changed into an awesome a spine-based scrapper. He was pretty much unstoppable until they switched up a bunch of the skills (regeneration maybe?) during one of the early updates but incredibly fun to play.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The guy I have there, Dread Assembler, is my favorite from the game. He wasn't my biggest or fastest, but he was my best.

Robotics/Dark Mastermind Villain. I think he was level 46 when I saw him last, pushing slowly to 50. He had every medal and achievement you could get for every mission at every level range. He was my 100% completion, 100% solo guy... but with a team of 6 'bots, you're never really alone.

I'd have to log in to see his back story. I'm sure I gave him one, but cannot recall it.

I wish and hope someone makes a 'stand alone' or 'self server' version of this. I wouldn't mind running it all by my lonesome. I hardly ever interacted with other people anyway... but I still don't think the magic would be there.
Black Lives Matter