GoGamer.com - Wha' Happened?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Suitably Ironic Moniker

GoGamer.com - Wha' Happened?

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

So, as anyone who's shopped on the site knows, it's been down since last spring but they still have a placeholder graphic up. Is there any word on their return or is it gone for good?
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Odin

Re: GoGamer.com - Wha' Happened?

Post by Odin »

No idea, but I used to LOVE GoGamer. I still have a GoGamer T-Shirt and calculator that I wear/use all the time, and I remember being able to get some great deals shipped fast, usually with free shipping. Haven't bought from them in years, however. I suspect that's true for many of their former customers.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They announced a while back that they were refocusing and changing direction, but I haven't heard anything since. Their Amazon shop is still going.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I miss them. I had a couple of tee shirts they sent me, but I wore them out years ago. In their last few years, they hadn't sent me any of those cool extras. I'm thinking that digital distribution hit them hard, and they didn't jump on that fast enough. Not that they could have, since they'd have been up against some big established competitors. Toward the end, I imagine most of their customers (like me) were wanting physical copies anyway, so DD might not have been a good thing for them to invest in.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

They have a 'For Sale' now over the logo, guess it's officially over. I won't miss it since I almost never buy boxes anymore but they were a great site till Steam came along.