Chaos in the Old World

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Jow

Re: Chaos in the Old World

Post by Jow »

Since the end result is identical to the previous play and Horned Rat is not likely to change his move based on this, I'm gonna proceed with the turn in the spirit of keeping this moving.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Khorne is active.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Jow wrote:Khorne is active.

Khorne is, sadly, out of power.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Warrior to Brettonia

1 power remaining

Reeeeemuuuuus!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Cultist in Troll Country

power = 0/6

bb2112
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Slaneesh: Donzo

Power: 0 of 6
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

so just for clarification, I cannot play cards in Kislev, correct?
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

rshetts2 wrote:so just for clarification, I cannot play cards in Kislev, correct?
That is correct. You cannot play cards in ruined regions.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Jow

Post by Jow »

Horned Rat, you're still up.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

yep Ive worked 20 of the last 24 hours, just got home.

drop a cultist in Troll Country
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Summoning Phase

Old World Effects:

Teclis Aids the Empire: Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in any region. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token. Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Upgrades:

Khorne: Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter). Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle: Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch: Horrors: Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh: Fall from Grace: If you place three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, collect two dial advancement counters instead of only one. Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region. Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat: The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

Nurgle is active.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Summon Warrior to Brettonia

0 power remaining
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I guess its my turn so Place my last cultist in troll country... 0/6 power remains
Jow

Post by Jow »

Quickness! Update later tonight.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, post-Summoning Phase

Chaos effects:

Cards that have a magic symbol on them are noted by (M) in the description (and by a little symbol next to the card name in the board image).

Norsca: Warpstorm: (M) If Tzeentch kills one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, he places a Warpstone token in this region. Havoc: (M) Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.

Troll Country: Havoc: (M) Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase. Verminous Horde: If Horned Rat has more figures than a single other player, the cost for opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.

Tilea: Bloodbath: Khorne places one corruption token for each enemy figure he kills in this region.

Old World Effects:

Upgrades:

Khorne:

Bloodletter: Khorne gains two victory points each time he kills a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter. Vengeance: In any region where Khorne rolls at least one battle die, he may roll one additional battle die.

Nurgle:

Cavalcade of Decay: Any region containing five or more Cultists is considered Populous.

Tzeentch:

Horrors: When Tzeentch plays a Chaos card with a magic symbol, he may immediately summon a Horror (warrior) to that region for 0 power.

Slaanesh:

Fall from Grace: If Slaanesh places three or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble or Hero token, he collects two dial advancement counters instead of only one.

Rise to Glory: When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to Slaanesh's domination value in that region.

Daemonettes (warriors): When Slaanesh summons a Daemonette into a region, he may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

Horned Rat:

The Council of Thirteen: Once per round during the summoning phase, Horned Rat may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
Jow

Post by Jow »

Using D&D dice roller at http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm" target="_blank to do all the dice rolling. Results have been consistently low... might switch to another app or just roll them manually in future games...

Round 5, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Norsca: No battle.

Troll Country: No battle.

Kislev: No battle.

The Empire: Slaanesh rolls one miss (2).

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls three hits (2,3,2,5,6,5,2, with a 2 on the explosion reroll) and must choose valid targets (including peasant if you so desire).

Waiting for:

Nurgle to choose figures to kill in Bretonnia.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Slaneesh Warrior and one Khorne cultist.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls three hits (2,3,2,5,6,5,2, with a 2 on the explosion reroll) and kills one Khorne cultist and one Slaanesh warrior. Before he goes, Slaanesh warrior rolls one hit (6, with 2 on the explosion reroll) and must choose a valid target.

Waiting for:

Slaanesh to choose target for one hit in Bretonnia.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Kill other khorne cultist
Jow

Post by Jow »

Round 5, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls three hits (2,3,2,5,6,5,2, with a 2 on the explosion reroll) and kills one Khorne cultist and one Slaanesh warrior. Before he goes, Slaanesh warrior rolls one hit (6, with 2 on the explosion reroll) and kills a Khorne cultist.

Estalia: Khorne rolls one hit (4,2) and kills a peasant. Hooray!

Tilea: No battle.

The Border Princes: Khorne rolls one hit (2,5) and kills another peasant! Booooooooo.

The Badlands: (takes a breath) Khorne rolls four hits (4,5,6,6,3,1, with 3,1 on the explosion rerolls) and must choose valid targets.

Waiting for:

Khorne to choose valid targets in The Badlands.

I think you needed more than that to stop Slaanesh, but stranger things have happened.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jow wrote: I think you needed more than that to stop Slaanesh, but stranger things have happened.
Yeah, so if you want to kill those annoying blue guys, I would really appreciate it. :D
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Those rerolls hurt.

I'm away from a computer and the tablet I'm using is cutting off the image, so that I can't see The Badlands. So, please:

Kill as many Slaanesh cultists as possible with my hits.

Come on Big Blue.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That will take out 4 of his 6. If I recall the rules correctly, as long as Tzeentch takes out 1, he won't be able to get his DAC for the region.
Jow

Post by Jow »

You forgot about Pleasure Shield, which doubles the health of his figures. That only ended up taking two out, not four. Betcha Remus is wishing he'd taken the Mystical Disregard upgrade now. Tzeentch dice roll is gonna need to be off the charts to make this happen, especially since Slaanesh has an extra cultist he ripped off from Nurgle.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jow wrote:You forgot about Pleasure Shield, which doubles the health of his figures. That only ended up taking two out, not four. Betcha Remus is wishing he'd taken the Mystical Disregard upgrade now. Tzeentch dice roll is gonna need to be off the charts to make this happen, especially since Slaanesh has an extra cultist he ripped off from Nurgle.
I've been meaning to ask, does the nurgle cultist also get 2 hp for this round?
Jow

Post by Jow »

it's a slaanesh cultist now and yes it does, which is why this is gonna be so much harder to do.
Jow

Post by Jow »

This game is ova!

Round 5, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

Bretonnia: Nurgle rolls three hits (2,3,2,5,6,5,2, with a 2 on the explosion reroll) and kills one Khorne cultist and one Slaanesh warrior. Before he goes, Slaanesh warrior rolls one hit (6, with 2 on the explosion reroll) and kills a Khorne cultist.

The Border Princes: Khorne rolls one hit (2,5) and kills another peasant! Booooooooo.

The Badlands: (takes a breath) Khorne rolls four hits (4,5,6,6,3,1, with 3,1 on the explosion rerolls) and kills two Slaanesh cultists. Tzeentch rolls five hits (4,4,5,6,2,3, with 5 on the explosion reroll) and must choose valid targets.

Waiting for:

Tzeentch to choose valid targets in The Badlands. Note: Slaanesh cultists aren't viable targets for the fifth hit since they have 2 HP.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well that was above average.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Well that was above average.
Doesn't matter. It is no where near enough to stop you from winning.

Take out as many purple cultists as possible (2 I believe) then target normal nurgle cultist with the remaining hit.
Last edited by Remus West on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jow

Post by Jow »

This game is ova!

Round 5, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

The Badlands: (takes a breath) Khorne rolls four hits (4,5,6,6,3,1, with 3,1 on the explosion rerolls) and kills two Slaanesh cultists. Tzeentch rolls five hits (4,4,5,6,2,3, with 5 on the explosion reroll) and kills two Slaanesh cultists and one Nurgle cultist. Slaanesh rolls one hit (5) and must choose a valid target.

Waiting for:

Slaanesh to choose valid target in The Badlands.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Whack a bloodletter
Jow

Post by Jow »

This game is ova!

Round 5, Battle Phase

Battle Results:

The Badlands: (takes a breath) Khorne rolls four hits (4,5,6,6,3,1, with 3,1 on the explosion rerolls) and kills two Slaanesh cultists. Tzeentch rolls five hits (4,4,5,6,2,3, with 5 on the explosion reroll) and kills two Slaanesh cultists and one Nurgle cultist. Slaanesh rolls one hit (5) and kills a Khorne warrior.

Post-Battle Board:

Jow

Post by Jow »

During the battle phase, I forgot to mention Khorne earned a DAC for his noble attempt at Slaanesh slaying in the Badlands.

Round 5, Corruption Phase

Domination:

Norsca: Horned Rat scores seven points (one for domination and three per Doomwheel) and earns a DAC.

Troll Country: Horned Rat scores one point and earns a DAC.

Kislev: No scoring.

The Empire: No scoring.

Bretonnia: Nurgle scores three VP.

Estalia: No scoring.

Tilea: Khorne scores three VP.

The Border Princes: No scoring.

The Badlands: Slaanesh scores two VP.

Corruption:

Norsca: No corruption placed.

Troll Country: Tzeentch places three corruption and earns a DAC. The region is ruined.Tzeentch and Horned Rat earn four VP each for ruiner bonus.

Kislev: No corruption placed.

The Empire: No corruption placed.

Bretonnia: Nurgle places three corruption and earns a DAC. The region is ruined. Nurgle earns five VP for ruiner bonus.

Estalia: Khorne places one corruption.

Tilea: Khorne places one corruption.

The Border Princes: No corruption placed.

The Badlands: Nurgle places two corruption and earns a DAC (since Badlands are now populous with >5 cultists present). Slaanesh places four corruption and earns a DAC. One corruption shy of ruination (which would have ended the game whether Slaanesh double-ticked or not).

Post Corruption Phase Board:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You scored Troll COuntry wrong. Warp Shock counts each Warp stone and Magic Symbol towards my domination total so I should have taken that not the Rat (not that it matters in the long view). There are two warp stones and a magic symbol so I have 7 towards domination while the rat has 5.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Whoops, yer right Remus. It only changes one point for both of you and doesn't affect the outcome so I won't change it now.

Round 5, End Phase

Remove Chaos cards: Done - no effects triggered.

Resolve Hero tokens: No heroes present.

Resolve End Phase Old World Cards: Teclis gets his last licks in, removing three Nurgle cultists from Bretonnia. Event token would move but since this is game end I won't bother shifting it.

Score Ruined Regions: For Troll Country, Tzeentch scores first place with five corruption and scores seven VP. Nurgle and Horned Rat both have four corruption present and share second place (half of three rounded down, or one each). For Bretonnia, Khorne scores ten points for first place (eight corruption) and Nurgle scores five points for second place (six corruption).

Advance Threat Dials: All players earn a single tick.

Rewards:
28 - Upgrade
18 - Score 3 VP
20 - Upgrade
Victory!
12 - Score 3 VP

Updated VP totals

Khorne: 49
Nurgle: 49
Tzeentch: 38
Slaanesh: 29
Horned Rat: 25

Check for game end: Yep! Congrats, Slaanesh.

Board at endgame:

Last edited by Jow on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Given that I'm one VP away from the winning total (along with Khorne), I'm going to consider it a tie for second place.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Hold the phone, just caught something else I missed - giving Khorne VP for his kills in The Badlands. Sorry Izzie. :) Since I have to redo the image anyway, I'll fix the Troll Country business in the process.

The board image in the previous post has been updated accordingly.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Okay, third place. :tjg:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Wow, close game. I figured Qhorne would get over 50 points this turn. That Pleasure Shield saved my ass.

Good game everyone!

Jow, thanks for running. It was a fun, and you did an excellent job of keeping the game going.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Nicely played, everyone. Thanks for participating and for catching my mistakes whenever I fudged. A lot of this stuff would have been caught if I took notes instead of doing this on the fly as I did throughout. Lesson learned! Some thoughts on the game:

General: After Pleasure Shield basically won the game for Slaanesh, I think y'all now realize the value of playing cards to lock down slots, even if the card you play isn't completely optimal for the circumstances. Players earlier in the order have to take advantage of their positions!

Khorne: You probably already know this, but you expended way too much energy dorking around with Horned Rat. You pretty much knocked him out of the game, but the problem was it didn't do a lot for your victory conditions either way. Despite that you hit the VP victory condition anyway... Nicely done.

Nurgle: Played like Nurgle should be - quiet and lurking behind the scenes, yet right in the thick of things at the end. Last turn was tough: Knock Khorne out of Bretonnia in case Slaanesh failed in The Badlands or hop on the pile in The Badlands? Think you might have been able to handle both, given how much power you have left sitting in Bretonnia, but it might have been tight.

Tzeentch: Giving Horned Rat an inroads into your little cubbyhole via Glean some turns ago probably took you out of the game. Without that interference I think you might have been contending for the dial victory at the end. Gleaning The Badlands at the end to give everyone an inroads was a valiant effort. :)

Slaanesh: Good show. You won the way Nurgle usually does: staying quiet until people realize how much of a threat you are and by then it's too late to catch you. Pleasure Shield could not have been more timely.

Horned Rat: You were a victim early on with Khorne beating on you mercilessly, but even after you got out of there it seemed like you kinda gave up, just throwing your dudes around in a mass and not earning much for em. With more figures than any other god, Horned Rat thrives when he can be as many places as possible, dominating low-VP regions no one else wants to care about and earning DACs for them, using Skitterleap to steal ruination points away from other people, and other such things. Regardless, hope ya had fun.