Assume this is the state of the Marketing Firm after a Schedule Business phase:
During the Schedule Business phase, Yellow and Black had both used their Advertising spots on their player board to place 1 Time disk each onto the Networking Space, and Blue had used a Remodeled Advertising space to place a disk directly onto Print.
In addition, Blue and Black had each paid a total of 2/2 to place a disk onto this track, and Yellow paid 1/1.
During "Evaluate Marketing", the players then shift their disks up onto the 3 spaces, beginning with Blue in the 5th spot.
1. Blue elects to move their disk from spot 6 onto Broadcast, at a cost of 2/2.
2. Black elects to place their disk from 4 onto Networking, for free. They then add another disk from their supply.
3. Blue moves their disk from 3 onto Print for 1/1
4. Yellow chooses to pay nothing for their disk on 2, and gets two more disks onto Networking.
5. Finally, Black chooses to follow suit and place their disk onto Networking as well, gaining a second for free.
Here's the board after the decisions have been made:
Resolving once again from left to right:
Since Blue has a single disk in Broadcast, blue moves up 2 spaces in Popularity: 1 for having a disk, and a 2nd for the most. He removes the disk.
In Print, Blue has two disks as well. He removes both disks once again, and gains 2 Pop.
In Networking, both Black and Yellow have at least 3 disks. Black has the most, with 5. Because the 5th disk did NOT give Black a Pop increase, it remains. Black removes 4 disks, and Yellow removes 3.
This leaves one Black disk remaining for the next turn.
The totals for the turn:
Blue: +4 Pop
Black: +2 Pop
Yellow: +1 Pop
Total Money/Info spent(not including the Time disks spent earlier on the player boards):
What does Popularity do, you ask?
That's the next post.
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...