Divinity: Original Sin

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

ColdSteel

Divinity: Original Sin

Post by ColdSteel »

I couldn't find a thread for this game (hard to believe) so I decided to create one. This is a direct sequel to the first Divine Divinity game by Larian. Includes co-op multiplayer and turn based combat. The game was announced about a year ago and they've done a lot of work on it to date and now:

A new kickstarter is underway today.

The kickstarter is modest and not intended to develop the game. The game is being developed even if the kickstarter fails. Instead the purpose of it is to expand the scope of the game beyond what they had originally budgeted for.

Oh, and it also comes with the developers toolset to allow you to create your own rpg adventures. It looks pretty sweet.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Lordnine

Re: Divinity: Original Sin

Post by Lordnine »

Backed. I heard about this one back a while ago and have been looking forward to it. The co-op system sounds like a lot of fun.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I look forward to this coming out. I enjoyed the previous games in this series.
Black Lives Matter
skystride

Post by skystride »

This looks great!
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Backed. This is a no-brainer.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

New RPS hands on piece out today by Adam Smith. That should help get the word out on the kickstarter.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

This looks ultra sweet - I am in like Flynn! Multiplayer and you can disagree with your partner - brilliant! Plus a game editor! Day one purchase for me.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Backed it!

It also has a new video in one of the updates!
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

i am in, i liked their dragon saga and actually finished it. When i finish RPG and it kept my interest to the end, i am almost always in for a second helping.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Stretch goals have been released! Really hoping that they'll get to 1mil at least!

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Just got the email that they are now funded and working on stretch goals with 17 days to go.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Big jump in funding today. There must be a new article out there somewhere. I hope they make at least the first few stretch goals.

ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Getting close to the first stretch goal. They should hit it this weekend.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

They added phantom forest, which should be really interesting. I am glad its a trend to add stretching locations, i can wait for PE statue. Torments levels also intriguing. Unfortunately, i dont think this forest will get that big, they kind of short cut it by saying that after 10k backers they will increase it by 1 per 1k. IF kick traker is right and they end up with 750 ( lets even say 800) and average backer is 46$ , then we are looking at about 50k per level. At most it will 8 levels deep. But if people will lose motivation after 650, then we looking at 5 levels. Hmm still not bad i guess.

Unfortunately i don't think they will hit 1 mil, but 650 goal they should, and i dont care much about 800 goal.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

70 hours to go and over 650k! (with paypal)

They added a new 700k stretch goal, which will add live orchestra music to the game.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

this guys must be working on kickstarter full time. they are by far hardest kickstart milkers i have seen. Daily updates, now its twice daily updates, last 24 hours it will be hourly updates.
Holy bejessus, the amount of email i get from them is mind boggling. That said i like that game and was backer from day one, but i go to say this is hardest working kickstarter i have seen. I think they will make 800, just because they probably spend more time on the kickstarter then on the game at the moment. Since they have working alpha, they pretty much can showcase it all day long. If it was possible, they would add foot rub as a motivational option.
I still dont think they will make 1mil, but 800k looking good.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Totalbiscuit is doing a let's play on the alpha. If he manages to get it posted to Youtube before the kickstarter ends that should boost it a good bit.

Edit: They are also doing an AMA on reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... _divinity/
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I was lucky to get in at the now sold-out $65 level. I am very much looking forward to the bizarre mash of politics, strategy, and dragons with jet packs that is Dragon Commander. Original Sin was a must buy from "turn based RPG combat."
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

I was curious about dragon commander but not at $40 premium. I already did 80 on torment and Wasteland 2, not doing any large kick starter for a while. They never mentioned when the game will be released, considering it is pretty far in development already. And against all odds it might make it to 800k.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Totalbiscuit is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF8ruhjlTY" target="_blank
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

The hardest working kickstarter is keep on kicking. They are at about 740-50 if we count pay pal. 800k is given. But they need another goal after 800k thats closer to realism as they wont make 1mil. Maybe 900k. Or i think they might lose steam after 800. Though considering how much they are putting effort, i have a feeling they already have something planned.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

I already like the fact that the Bellegar meetings and the forest levels are ramping up ^^

+

The fact that it won't take as long as project:Eternity and others to release since they're already in Pre-alpha.
It might still take a long time but seeing what they have already is making me very excited!

I'm thinking about an ego draconis 2nd playthrough, or I might even try the original divine divinity, not sure yet.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

It's flying now.

They're talking about a release around October so that's not far away at all.

Edit: They currently need $56K (counting the $21K paypal proceeds) to make the $800K Henchman stretch goal. With almost 2 days to go it looks like that will happen now.
Last edited by ColdSteel on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jag

Post by Jag »

What is Dragon Commander?
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Dragon Commander:

http://youtu.be/xEq-QlPLNLU" target="_blank
jnecros

Post by jnecros »

Angry Joe hand's on his youtube channel, can't post a link sorry.

The game looks very good. I loved the first Divinity, the 3rd was not bad too I guess.

This one seems to have a lot of complexity in the tactics of combat, which is great IMO. Not sure how character development will be, but the dialog flow seems interesting.
We need about 3/4 less human ape on the planet..come on apocalypse
Jag

Post by Jag »

Spent the last hour looking at this game. Just did my first kickstarter :)
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

What is Belgar levels, i totally missed the reference to him? why is he special encounter? I like the size of the forest, its been growing. This is the hardest working kickstarter bar none, they are grinding for every penny. I finished i think second and then third one, any time i finish a game (which is rare, i am always in line for more from same publisher)
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

They reached 800k with about 25 hours to go. Now hardest working kickstarter will pull out all the stops. I have no idea what else they can do... :pop:
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

This is Bellegar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKpOYAOxUyI" target="_blank

Mind you that's a spoiler for Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, so don't watch it if you don't want to ^^

He's popular because of his rhyming and craziness ;_;
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Ahh now i remember, i finished the second one, remember that riddle / rhyming quest. Didn't think there was that much demand for him thought....
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Bugs and bloopers :D

http://youtu.be/BXtD_Jhj-WY" target="_blank

And they said they're going all out in the next 24 hours, so expect some special stuff!
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

They need a $900K stretch goal. That would help.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

EzeKieL wrote:Bugs and bloopers :D

http://youtu.be/BXtD_Jhj-WY" target="_blank

And they said they're going all out in the next 24 hours, so expect some special stuff!
Oh,i thought they just taking it wayyyy easy. Good to know they finally going to take it serious....

Their kickstarter campaign could literally have a movie made about it. And it will be a cliff hanger too. Their head guy loves it though, so the whole team has to "enjoy" the ride. The dude did a bit about were-heep! In spooky voice and the whole story clearly well written.

i am actually surprised they dont have 900k up yet. But considering we probably will get about 10 updates today, one of them is ougth to be a 900k stretch goal.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

and.... they didnt add 900k goal. Fail! 12 hours left and there are zero change it will make 1mil. If they added 900k it might have been a shot, but they clearly decided to stick to their formula.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

The live countdown to the end!

http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios" target="_blank
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

and ..... fail. What annoys me is their message, if anyone who backed the project upped by $5 we would raise enough money!!! oh , awesome plan, and if everyone in the world gave you 1penny you would have 60 million. That still doesn't mean it will happen. They really needed that 900k goal, because i think they could have made it. Their hardest working kick starter held true to its name. I think they had 5 updates in last 24 hours. I think they might thrown in weather cycles. Since they are have raised more money then i personally expected, that hard working attitude got to count for something. :horse:
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Well.. They're at 955 430 atm, adding Paypal. I don't know if they'll make it, but I'm guessing it will be close :o
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

They are still 33k short and 30 min left... are we going to see a miracle?
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

they got close only about 16k short. they keeping it open till may 10th (pay pal donations) its a give that they will make 1mill in few days.