Kickstarter Question - Games You've Actually Gotten?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

TiLT

Re: Kickstarter Question - Games You've Actually Gotten?

Post by TiLT »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
TiLT wrote:Just to rub it in... ;)

Set up a small test room and had tons of pieces left over. It looks very good assembled.
Looks fantastic - thanks for sharing. What's the next step? I have no idea what this is (part of a board game?), but it looks great.
It's for use with fantasy roleplaying games along with miniatures. These dungeons are props to help visualize the dungeon the characters are exploring, particularly in combat.
Insert witty comment here.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Set up a small test room and had tons of pieces left over. It looks very good assembled. A couple of pics:

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Dang those looks fantastic. I really am jealous.

Updated my status now
Chrisoc13 wrote:Fulfilled:
Dungeon Roll
Krosmaster Arena (and now sold on eBay)

Partially Fulfilled:
Zombicide Season 2 (just waiting for the second shipment now, just more survivors)
Small World 2 (6 player map and Steam version still to come)

Still waiting on but on time:
Myth
Buccaneer Bones
Monsters & Maidens
Wrath of Kings (just the two Zombicide characters)

Waiting on and Delayed:
Galaxy Defenders (delayed at least 3 months now)

Soon to be waiting on:
Dungeon Roll winter promo pack (ends in ten days, looks like it is adding more interaction between players with the new characters)
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I love those dungeon pieces, even if I have no place to every use such a thing!

I'm very much still waiting on Ogre Deluxe Edition. All of the pics show a fantastic product worth the wait. But they are taking forever to ship out the fulfillment boxes! They, apparently, lose money with every KS shipment they make, which seems to be counter-intuitive. I guess they intend to make that money back with the retail copies?

The hope is that I get Ogre before Thanksgiving, but I am not optimistic.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

TiLT wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:

Set up a small test room and had tons of pieces left over. It looks very good assembled.
Looks fantastic - thanks for sharing. What's the next step? I have no idea what this is (part of a board game?), but it looks great.
It's for use with fantasy roleplaying games along with miniatures. These dungeons are props to help visualize the dungeon the characters are exploring, particularly in combat.
Hey TiLT, how many sets did you go in on?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

hentzau wrote:Hey TiLT, how many sets did you go in on?
Two base sets and two add-ons, all of them hand-painted.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

TiLT wrote:
hentzau wrote:Hey TiLT, how many sets did you go in on?
Two base sets and two add-ons, all of them hand-painted.
Hmm.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My OGRE was shipped from Texas last Friday, and I also received a shipping notice for Fairy Mischief. Both should arrive at my door this week.

At this point, Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake failed to deliver its monthly update (rather than weekly). I'm not holding out much hope, but the concept of a kid-friendly classic adventure was a worthwhile.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Good. Maybe I'll actually get my copy of OGRE from CSI be Chritmas.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

My OGRE arrived this evening. I have no idea where I am going to put it. I don't think I have the room!
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My copy of OGRE also arrived. I understand unboxing is an adventure.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Kickstarter Question - Games You've Actually Gotten?

Post by Zarathud »

Box is opened. My wife thinks it's insane and frankly she's right. But..MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF CARDBOARD OGRES. The glory of more than a Thousand Counters!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Hero-U: Rogue University demo is available.

Not sure if we have a thread dedicated to that one, and frankly I'm not sure it deserves one based on what I have seen.

I still don't understand why I even backed this game...I was not such a huge fan of the Quest for Glory games (since I can't even remember them, but I know I played them), so most of the fault is mine for backing something I wasn't enthused about I guess.

But damn...that demo is some downright bad stuff, and appropriately trashed on the Adventure Gamers forums. I cringed after the first post, then the devs made comments. AWKWARD. Yikes. I will agree that I have seen more than a few freeware online games that are much better than this, BUT this is just a demo, so maybe they can increase the quality by 700% to get it up to the expectations of backers, built by the KS.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2699/" target="_blank

Part of the response from the devs to the pretty harsh criticism:

"We agree that the animation is unsatisfactory, and we are switching to an entirely different approach, as well as new character designs. We’ve also dropped the programmer who spent four months on that animation system. However, personally I think it’s “not bad” rather than “awful”; I would not mind playing a game with the current animation if the story was good. The new animation is a big step upwards, but still not AAA game quality; our budget is $550K, not $25M. (By the way half of that $650K is out of our pockets. The Kickstarter campaign covered half of the total development cost.)

Lori and I are putting two years of our lives, and committing to loans equal to the Kickstarter funding, so that we can make this the best game we can create. You chose not to put in even $20 to help us with the game; you have no skin in this and your criticism is empty. I will be interested in playtesting your game when you decide to create instead of criticizing."

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Update. Fairy Mischief arrived on time.
Even more Update. Kobolds arrived.

Arrivals:
Pebble (Sept 2012 arrived April 2013)
FTL
Alien Frontiers Factions expansion (delayed by a few months)
Alien Frontiers iPad
Zombicide (including zombie survivors due March 2013)
Lace Anchors 2.0
Dungeon Roll (Aug 2013 delivered on time!)
Zombicide Season 1 extras (delayed from March 2013)
Small World 2: The Return (Oct 2013 delivered on time!)
Ogre (Nov 2012 arrived Nov 2013)
Zombicide Season 2, Part 1 (Sept 2013 arrived Oct 2013)
Fairy Mischief (Nov 2013 delivered on time!)
Kobolds Ate My Baby! In Color!!! (Jun 2013 delivered December 2013)

Waiting on:
Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake (Aug 2013)
Delver's Drop (Oct 2013)
Alien Frontiers Faction + Promo Pack (Nov 2013)
Eminent Domain (Dec 2013)
Robot Turtles (Dec 2013)
Zombicide Season 2, Part 2
Dungeon Roll Winter Promo (Feb 2014)
Bones 2 (Dec 2014)
Wasteland 2 (???)
Project Eternity (???)
Satellite Reign (???)
Last edited by Zarathud on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Got my ogre last night and put a couple of hours into punching out and assembling ogres. I am 3/4 finished. In the home stretch now. I might even be able to play a game this weekend.

Like the others have said, this thing is huge.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Updated list:

Received:

Glory to Rome
D-Day Dice
Carnival
Agents of SMERSH
Defenders of the Realm: Battlefields
Pirate Dice
Wrong Chemistry
Flash Point
Pirate Dice
Tammany Hall
Fallen City of Karez
Storm The Castle
Castle Dice
Dungeon Roll
Professor Pugnacious (just came today)
Eight Minute Empire
Eight Minute Empire: Legends
Railways Express

Waiting on:

Airborne In Your Pocket (thinking this one will never materialize)
Storm Hollow
Up Front (once again, thinking my money may be gone on this one)
The Card Game of Oz
Xia: Legends of a Drift System
Defenders of the Realm: Minion Upgrades
Alien Frontiers Faction Pack and Promo Pack
Marrying Mister Darcy Card Game (for my daughter)
Dungeon Dice
Fantasy Frontier
Dungeon Roll Winter Promo Pack
Templar Intrigue
Shadows of Brimstone
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Ogre Designer's Edition - Fulfilled.

The Official Settlers of Catan Gaming Board - 50% Fulfilled. (Ordered 3-4 player board and 5-6 player seafarers board. Only 3-4 player was delivered so far)

Dice Rings - Fulfilled.

Dungeon Roll - A Dicey Dungeon Delve - Fulfilled.

Blue Laser Lamp- with passive cooling technology - Not Fulfilled

Penny Arcade's Podcast, "Downloadable Content": The Return - Fulfilled.

Xia: Legends of a Drift System - Not Fulfilled

Ninja Dice - Not Fulfilled
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Oh Noes! I may have a Kickstarter game that has gone missing!

I received a UPS notification about delivery of a package from Publisher Services Inc last Wednesday. I was out of town, so I send my buddy Tom over to look for it, and he said there was no package there. I looked at the tracking info and it was from Publisher Services Inc. Called UPS, they said to contact the sender. Checked out their website, found a phone number. Called up. Got to the warehouse, found a very nice gentleman named Mersad, who's lunch I interrupted. He checked out the order, said for sure that according to UPS it was dropped off. He asked if I knew what I had ordered, I confessed I had no idea but I suspected it was a game of some sort. He said that yeah, they do order fulfillment for a lot of game companies. I asked if they did Kickstarter fulfillment, and he said they did, but the last one he did fulfillment on that he remembered was Dungeon Roll (which I already got.)

So Mersad is going to do some digging into their system to see if he can track down exactly what it was that was shipped to me and by whom. I'm looking through my order history of stuff to see if I'm missing anything from anyplace.

(Funny side note...looking at their website their logo rang a bell with me. I did some digging and found out that sure enough, I know one of the head honchos at the company. He used to work for GDW back when I was heavy into Space:1889, and I did some freelance stuff and a lot of demoing for them. Really nice guy, ran into him across a gaming table at GenCon this year. If Mersad can't help me out, I got someone to call. :) )
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Were you in on Kobolds Ate My Baby? My copy just arrived...
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Heh, this is one of the weirder facets of participating in a bunch of Kickstarters. You'll suddenly get a package and won't have the faintest idea what's inside.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm awaiting my copy of Werewolf (from the creator of Cards Against Humanity), which should be showing up soon. Rebuild: Gangs of Deadville is still many months away.
Holman

Post by Holman »

hentzau wrote:Oh Noes! I may have a Kickstarter game that has gone missing!
Up Front?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Holman wrote:
Up Front?
Ouch...
Holman

Post by Holman »

hentzau wrote:
Holman wrote:
Up Front?
Ouch...
(me, too)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Robot Turtles (Dec 2013) arrived on time.
The latest report is that Eminent Domain arrived so the shippers now just need to fill the orders.
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

Finally got my copies of Flash Point: Extreme Danger and Dangerous Waters, as well as the KS edition of Coup.

Haven't gotten the FP expansions to the table yet, but we've played about 30 games of Coup.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I really need to create a checklist of what I am still waiting on because I am pretty sure some games could never be delivered and I would barely notice.

I haven't backed an actual boardgame project since June. I am so proud!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Kickstarter has updated their website so now you check off when you get the things you baked. Nice to help keep track of kick starters.
Last edited by Chrisoc13 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Conveniently I was right on that screen in another tab, updated and wow do I still have a lot of stuff outstanding. 3 full board games and every computer game I have ever backed (7), plus the second shipment from Zombicide, Veronica Mars Movie (March, woo!) and Reaper Part II.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Kelric wrote:I'm awaiting my copy of Werewolf (from the creator of Cards Against Humanity), which should be showing up soon.
Showed up!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Sails of Glory arriving Monday!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

I've now received Zombicide Season 2 (wave 1, which is almost all of it) as well as the Consortium PC game.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Aaaand I just got the first of two packages for Sails of Glory. This is the main package, including the game itself, all the ships, as well as all the standard extras everyone at my level (Captain) gets along with their rewards. The other package, which was sent at lower priority and thus will take some more time, contains all the custom extras I ordered plus my two game mats.

The game looks totally awesome, and the ships are bigger than I thought.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Fulfilled:
Dungeon Roll
Krosmaster Arena (and now sold on eBay)
Small World 2

Partially Fulfilled:
Zombicide Season 2 (just waiting for the second shipment now, just more survivors)
Buccaneer Bones (waiting on stretch goals)

Still waiting on but on time:
Monsters & Maidens
Wrath of Kings (just the two Zombicide characters)
Dungeon Roll Winter promo pack
Templar Intrigue
Coin Age

Waiting on and Delayed:
Galaxy Defenders (delayed at least 3 months now)
Myth

Soon to be waiting on:
Burgoo (not sure I'll even like it, but for 3 bucks... I'll give it a shot
Tiny Epic Kingdom

2 that I am most excited about are of course delayed, but that's not the end of the world.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Xia: Legends of a Drift System is officially delayed as of yesterday. Sounds like it won't be a big delay though, just an extra round of revisions with the manufacturer.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Zaxxon wrote:Xia: Legends of a Drift System is officially delayed as of yesterday. Sounds like it won't be a big delay though, just an extra round of revisions with the manufacturer.
I'm actually OK with him pushing this out, especially when he does such a great job of explaining everything that is going on with getting the game fulfilled. I have to say, it's been one of the most pleasant kickstarters I've done. Cody is great at communicating what's going on.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Same here. I voted to take whatever time he needs.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Received 3 different Kickstarter rewards today:
  • Sails of Glory - Two battle mats, which means I now have all rewards I'm supposed to have for this Kickstarter.
  • Broken Age (previously known as Double Fine Adventure) - The first act was released today.
  • The Banner Saga - First episode released today.
All days should have payoffs like this. ;)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Did this for a post on BGG about kickstart expenses:

Total - $1763
Board games - $1125
Almost board games - $250 (Dice Tower + Reaper Bones)

Regrettable Board Game Selections - $266 out of $1125. That's not as bad as I thought. Of course there are still $317 of those board game projects to deliver so I could still come to regret them.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Of the four games I have received so far (Banner Saga, Broken Age, Defense Grid 1.5, and Shadowrun Returns), by far my favorite is Shadowrun Returns. It's pretty much exactly what I expected/hoped for when I plopped down the funds when it was just an idea.

For various reasons, the other games haven't reached the ridiculously optimistic ideal I had when fund raising was going on, but I am at least pleased with all of them.

Still very much worried about the Jane Jensen one and the Hero University one as well.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Fun exercise.

Total: $688, all games.
Tabletop: $498
Video: $190

First: Defense Grid 2 (July 2012)
Latest: Pairs (Mar 2014)

Received: 2 video, 7 tabletop
Outstanding: 4 video, 5 tabletop

Regrets: Nothing too horrible, but Something Different hasn't hit the table yet.