[Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

[Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

Post by Kasey Chang »

I remember reading about Real Racing, the console racing game that looks as good as Forza or GT but on a tablet, and everybody say while the game's free, what the developers did is basically ANNOYING you into paying them. After trying it on my Kindle HDX, I see their point. This game really is annoying as heck.

First, the game's absolutely HUGE... initial download is fast, but then the data files are 1.2 GB. yes, you heard right. ... over 1 GB in download after you got the game loaded.

Second, there are TWO currencies in the game... R$, and Gold. R$ you can earn from winning races ($2K to $4k per race) in the amateur class, but Gold is difficult to earn (3 gold when you gain a driver level) and much easier to BUY.

Cars are of course, 30K to 40K, even for the entry classes. You're given enough to buy the lamest car, Nissan Silvia S15, but little more than that.

And you've given a chance to pay in Gold for almost anything. They introduce artificial delay for the "upgrades" that you buy. For most games, when you buy an upgrade, it's instant. This game makes you wait 2-5 minutes for an upgrade (real time), and up to 5 HOURS for a new vehicle. And of course, you're given a chance to pay for express / VIP delivery in gold to skip the wait. You can also buy VIP package for the car which makes upgrades instant.

You're given certain amount of "drive" tokens which are used to enter special events and they are refilled once a day, so you can't enter it infinite number of times. You start with 2, and when you advance to driver level 10 you can buy additional tokens.

Graphically the game's gorgeous, with multiple viewpoints (driver, hood, bumper, third-person) car damage, and accurate (AFAIK) courses around the world.

You race with up to 20+ cars on the road, in what EA calls "time-shifted multiplayer". I imagine this is some sort of AI calculating what all the other drivers would do, sort of "solid ghost" if you will, based on their own laps. And it's pretty interesting approach. It seems to work, any way, as the other cars on the course do seem to behave properly. There are various events, from regular race, to elimination (knockout, last place eliminated every 20 seconds), to endurance (keep passing cars to get extra time, try to drive as far as you can), top speed (somewhere along the course), and even drag race.

All this is free... They make money by annoying you into buying R$ and Gold and spend them, and they'll offer you special discounts on certain combination packs. Not long ago they try to peddle a top tier amateur car (BMW 1-series), VIP treatment (no wait), plus extra gold and R$, for a cheap price ($5) and made it a "limited time offer" and "last chance offer". Annoying as heck. They also have packs at up to $29.95.

The most annoying thing I found is this game ONLY links up to Facebook and Sina Weibo. If you don't use Facebook, you cannot edit your Avatar. WTF?!

Worth trying, but may not be worth keeping around lest you have vast reserves of patience. :)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Re: [Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

Post by Kasey Chang »

The game basically forces you to buy every car to move up the ranks, and you'll be impatient enough to pay them for the extra money to buy the cars ahead of time.

The cars really do make a HUGE difference. Your starting Nissan S15 Silvia doesn't corner well and can't accelerate worth crap. Also, it can't be upgraded much either. Once you got to BMW 1-series, there's 4 for engine, 4 for drive train, and 3 for brakes and 3 for tires. (And in between you have Dodge Challenger and Ford Focus ST) Just to make sure you don't skip races there are races that require specific cars.

This "time-shifted multi-player" is basically AI studying your moves and pretending to be you, while behaving in traffic, and they are usually quite timid around corners. With a car that can take high G (1.0 G) one tactic I've found to work is basically cut inside two wheels on grass and barely touch the brakes (depending on the curve, of course). This lets you pass most cars unless you end up bouncing off another car's rear bumper.

The trick seem to be getting through traffic fast enough to catch the leaders. Sometimes you're just stuck in traffic, so judging when to pass is a skill you'll have to develope. This is crucial on the very tight courses where everybody goes for the inside so you may have to go outside instead (and two wheels on grass if there is inside).

I'm at level 18 driver, still Amateur class, and I've spent all my money on upgrades (and all four cars are fully upgraded) with a bit of gold left over. I haven't spent a penny on this game and so far I think it's right on the edge of wanting to pay for something vs. nah, I think I'll wait past the frustration. I need to save up a bit more money for that R34 Skyline though. :)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I'm at level 27 but I've never felt like buying anything for real dollars yet. Enjoying it very much as a pick up and do a couple of races kind of game. And don't be knocking the s15! Lol
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

A little bit of a time saver...

You can have MULTIPLE upgrades happening at the same time, as long as you have the R$ for it. For example, you can upgrade engine, drivetrain, brakes AND tires at the same time. (And while it's being repaired / maintained / refurbed)

Even better, your vehicle can be upgraded WHILE it is being delivered. :)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

*sigh* forgot to not overspend my R$ and I didn't have enough to buy the Z4M coupe when it was offered at 20% off. I have like 100 Gold now and should have spent some of that.

Advanced technique... the gentle bump, i.e. the love tap.

A car on the edge of traction (such as on a turn on the Indy Motor Speedway) will lose a LOT of speed if you can... "upset" it. You can sometimes experience this yourself if you took the turn a little too sharp and you start to understeer, esp. if you're in a FF car like Ford Focus.

I recently won against a field of 8 by doing that... got to 4th by lap 2, then 2nd, but can't seem to chase down this Focus, probably same spec as me. He went for the high line, I went low. We were neck to neck into last two turns... then he drove down and somehow still cut in front of me. I was so mad, I didn't bother braking for the turn... and tapped his rare bumper. He fishtailed slightly, rear tires smoked, and he dropped 20 mph in an eyeblink, enough for me to scoot under him and took the checkered flag.

Those who watch Initial D would notice this is a Sudou Racing School advanced technique. :D
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I haven't added anyone on the game. I'm guessing I can, what's your name there?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

That's the sucky part. I don't use Facebook, so I'm always "Guest". :-P I'm one of the few people on this planet who just refuse to have a Facebook account. :D
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I only have one so it'll save my candy crush and rr3 progress lol
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I've also noticed a bug. I can't get ANY of my time trials to submit. Even if I complete a lap correctly, the times don't get recorded if I'm online. I had to turn off my WiFi, then it times out submitting, THEN I get credit for finishing the event. Phooey.

I'm almost done with the first tournament and 80% done with the second, and just got cars for the 3rd. Gee, a stock R34 is only 3.4 PR?
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Hehe, yeah. Mine's fully upgraded and still only 15.4. I call shenanigans :P

Top two cars right now are the Z4 Sdrive35IS at 27.9 PR (not yet fully upgraded) and the Hyundai I20 WRC at 43.2 with 0 of 28 upgrades. I'm not touching it yet though as I'm doing everything in order with all gold results. Unless I get gold, I'm not moving on.

Progress so far:
100% Pure Stock Challenge
100% Road Car Invitational
72% Street-Spec Skirmish
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just hit driver level 29

100% complete Pure Stock Challenge
100% complete Road Car International
77% complete Street Spec Skirmish (mainly due to waiting for the Z4 SDrive35IS)
21% 6 CyL Annihilation Series
46% AWD Attack (with that free Hyundai I20 WRC, can't get any further because I haven't spent a penny on upgrading that thing)

I just broke down and paid 500 Amazon coins (you probably have a bunch around from trying free apps or whatnot) for the 30% bonus starter pack, which gave me enough money to buy the Nissan 370Z (I spent too much upgrading the Cobalt SS and the Z4 SDrive) So I can get ready for that Global Production Pursuit series.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Level 32, trying to outfit the Dodge Charger while saving enough to buy the SRT8 when offered. 3 series are 100% complete, working on 6 Cyl Annihilation (60%) and Global Production Pursuit (10%)

I think I owe a lot of my success to outright aggressiveness. :) I was not afraid to just SHOVE other cars out of the way. :) Or go offroad (except time trials, of course). There's an area in Panorama where if you go offroad and cut straight through you're at a perfect speed for the subsequent chicanes, then just brake for that big left-hander and line up for the downhill speed run. Got a great setup once and hit 175 mph there, a new record.

Once I got so far ahead I did a 180 just before the finish line and reversed to finish, getting a special achievement. :D

Special tip for the indy speedway... tap the brakes JUST before turn entry. The AI cars tend to hit the brakes hard and go low. If you just tap the brakes you can retain the speed and get around them still in the turn. However, if you can't overtake during the turn, they will move back up to a high line and they'll squeeze you if you don't watch for it. You have to do a quick tap on the brakes because full throttle cornering is impossible with the amateur cars, not enough grip. You'll start to understeer about mid-corner and drop about 20 MPH. If you tap the brakes THEN enter the turn you just lose that 10 mph and average high speed throughout the corner.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Hit a figurative wall in 6 Cyl Annihilation. In Leg 3 and Leg 4, I am no longer dominating. I'm barely getting 2nd or 3rd place. I was using every trick in the book, cutting through corners with two wheels on grass, taking the occasional shortcuts, but somehow it's not working any more. I need to take a break from this series...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The game will adjust the difficulty to your racing performance, so just take a break and try again... I did. :)

Level 35, 6 CYL ANNIHLATION completed to 100%, Global Product Pursuit at 55%, and V8 Natural at 14%. Just bought the Charger SRT8. Pretty sure I just beat an SRT8 in drag race with a Charger R/T. :D
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

It seems this game REALLY REALLY don't want you to squeak the tires at all. There's no warning between you're "about" to lose traction and you lost traction. If you slide you lose BIG speed. Though that *could* be due to me having turned up traction control and such. Wonder if I should try without the driving aids?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Tried a few races without traction control, and found that my driving sucks without the driving aids, spun off every other corner when I take the same lines, and so on.

180 Gold tokens for that Cobra 427? Yikes! Guess I won't be completing THAT series...

That next series is WEIRD... Why is that Lexus IS F so... f***ing dominant? I have a maxed out Charger SRT8 going up against what I'm sure is not even a maxed IS F, and that thing pulled away from me in a straight! Must be that 7 speed transmission... And that thing corners like it's glued to the track. Despite my best attempt to catch up in the corners by cutting across the apexes I was 100 yards behind at the finish line. Then my own IS F got delivered, with a few upgrades, and against the SAME driver I left him 300 yards behind.

Same in the drag race. A Charger SRT8, maxed upgrade, can do quarter mile in 12.5 or so. With my perfect shifts I can do it in about 12.3. That IS F was doing it in 12.1!

I just got into the series with the Mustang, The 370Z, the M3 GTS, and the Challenger SRT8. I am not even maxing out the vehicles any more. Can't afford those huge upgrade costs ($30000 for one upgrade that yields tiny benefits?) Not when the Mustang costs 60K and the M3 costs 120K, and each race only brings in 2K to 4K... A very long race yields 8K... maybe more if I hire the manager that can double the winnings. Even with that one-time 20% discount I'll really have to save up the money to afford them, as I just bought the Challenger SRT8 and my piggy bank feels a bit light, and I'd rather not spend another $5 on another starter pack.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

This thing must be tanking because they're loading new downloads up with hundreds of millions of in-game currency. I hope they take a bath with this freemium garbage.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

BooTx wrote:This thing must be tanking because they're loading new downloads up with hundreds of millions of in-game currency. I hope they take a bath with this freemium garbage.
Well, the various packs are pretty ridiculous. You can get packs up to 50 USD which gives you a bunch of gold and R$.

R$ is not that hard to come by if you race strategically (exploit the "daily double bonus") and maybe quadruple it with your manager bonus.

For a driver who has unlocked V8 Naturals cup, and has a Charger SRT8, "Speedrush TV Epic Global Round 1" series , race 1 Indy Speedway Enduro is a great way to make money if you can stay "clean" (don't crash into the other folks on the track). I can do more than 10 miles for sure, and I've done 14.8 once and I did a few mistakes. That should make at least $10000 even if you use a slower car, double that with the manager.

I just did the same run with Charger R/T and I did 13.8 miles, and earned 12K, doubled to 23.5K. And you can do this in about 5 minutes. There are other races that can potentially earn more but they're like 4 lap 9 minute races.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

I don't think you understand. I downloaded this today so I could see how it looks on my Nexus 7 (like crap, by the way) and I started out with 750,000,000 R$ and 600,000,000 gold. That's not a typo. Either they fucked up, they've given up, or they're hoping for a mass influx of new users so they can update the game and "fix" their mistake.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

You got that off the Play Store and it came with a million bucks?

(I wonder if you got a hacked version...)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Kasey Chang wrote:
For a driver who has unlocked V8 Naturals cup, and has a Charger SRT8, "Speedrush TV Epic Global Round 1" series , race 1 Indy Speedway Enduro is a great way to make money if you can stay "clean" (don't crash into the other folks on the track). I can do more than 10 miles for sure, and I've done 14.8 once and I did a few mistakes. That should make at least $10000 even if you use a slower car, double that with the manager.

I just did the same run with Charger R/T and I did 13.8 miles, and earned 12K, doubled to 23.5K. And you can do this in about 5 minutes. There are other races that can potentially earn more but they're like 4 lap 9 minute races.
I did the same with the Lexus IS F and I did 18.9 miles, and I know I screwed up quite a few corners (IS F can do the Indy corners at 160 mph, but if you screw up and go in too hot you'll drop to 145 mph). Without doubling, I got 15965 R$. Double would be over 30K, and if I hit it with the daily double, I can make $60K in one race in less than 10 minutes. :) Easier than those nerve-wracking road courses. :D
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

Kasey Chang wrote:You got that off the Play Store and it came with a million bucks?

(I wonder if you got a hacked version...)
Yep it was right off the Google Play Store.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

You are one lucky guy. :) I'll backup my Amazon version and see if I can get all that gold and whatnot. :D

EDIT: Hmmm... Didn't get the bazillion bucks, but there's one improvement... The Google Play Store version had Google Plus sign in in addition to Facebook and Sina. Hehehe. Now I can finally have MULTIPLAYER! Muahahaha.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Battle for Sazuka Cup: A V8 Tale. :)

It is early in the V8 season, but Kasey C has already developed a reputation as a "dirty driver", one that uses his vehicle in any way necessary for a win. ;)

The qualifier for the Quanticfire European Performance Cup has attracted some top players with superior equipment... A few less well appointed drivers entered with Challenger SRT8s, which, while powerful are seriously outclassed by the BMW M3 GTS cup cars, and several Shelby GT500's. A few, such as Kasey C, entered with the middle entry, the Nissan 370Z. However, due to mechanical troubles, Kasey C did not qualify, and was forced to start at the rear of the 22 car field. At the pole position is Rattlesnack with his BMW M3 GTS.

When the green light lit, Rattlesnack started to build a few car length's lead, while Kasey C quickly gained several places even before the first turn, and there his reputation started to show, as he started passing the slower racers from the inside, with only two wheels on the track, and he's not afraid to "trade paint" to let other people know not to get in his way. Before half way course, he's already up to 5th, but that's where things started to get tough, as he gotten into traffic with cars that are faster than his... but drivers of possibly lesser skills. However, with judicial corner cutting and outbraking his opponents, he worked his way to 2nd place, just behind a BMW M3 GTS driven by Rattlesnack. Behind him though is Shelby GT500 driven by Darknezz.

At the hairpin Kasey C saw his chance, as he passed on the inside of Rattlesnack, and the shove forced Rattlesnack to spun out into the sand. KaseyC is now in first place, with darknezz 50 yards behind.

At the end of lap one, we can see that KaseyC is slightly faster in the corners, but darknezz's Shelby is faster on the straights, and almost as fast on the corners. The KaseyC lead had been cut to almost nothing by the time we entered lap 2, and KaseyC is struggling to milk every millisecond from every corner, while darknezz is breathing down his rear bumper.

At 2 turns before the hairpin, KaseyC braked too late and went off the track. Although he quickly recovered, darknezz caught up by the next corner, and despite a bit of contact in the hairpin, darknezz stayed in the lead, and start to pull away using his superior horsepower, and slowly build up a 10 car length leadHowever, the chicane near the starting line allowed KaseyC to stay within reach. And is within shouting distance by start of lap 3.

The next few gentle curves allowed KaseyC to pull closer, and the lead shrank to 2 car lengths, then 1.

On the corner just before the hairpin, KaseyC made his move. Darknezz braked for the turn, when KaseyC cut inside, went off the track, and cut in front of darknezz as they went into the hairpin. Both drifted slightly as they fought to exit the hairpint onto the next turn, and darknezz used his speed to catch up, but KaseyC has the inside and will not yield. Unfortunately for KaseyC, the curve reversed and suddenly he's on the outside coming into a gentle left hander, and darknezz pulled into the lead.

KaseyC saw his last chance to pull a dirty trick, as he cut slightly inside of darknezz, then outbraked darknezz and gave darknezz a sideway shove, and BOTH cars went off track! But KaseyC only went about 15 yards into the sand, and darknezz went considerably further.

KaseyC was first back onto the track, with darknezz in hot pursuit, only 5 car lengths behind, and the next section is a long straight followed by a left, then chicane before finish. If KaseyC can make it to the chicane while still in the lead, he would have won the race.

Darknezz barely made it to KaseyC's bumper before they had to brake for the chicane. They emerged, darknezz still on KaseyC's rear bumper, and rush to the finish line, with KaseyC taking the checkered flag.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Kasey Chang wrote: I did the same with the Lexus IS F and I did 18.9 miles, and I know I screwed up quite a few corners (IS F can do the Indy corners at 160 mph, but if you screw up and go in too hot you'll drop to 145 mph). Without doubling, I got 15965 R$. Double would be over 30K, and if I hit it with the daily double, I can make $60K in one race in less than 10 minutes. :) Easier than those nerve-wracking road courses. :D
Just did my best run yet, 19.6 miles. Doubled it with manager, AND hit the daily double too, got 56710 R$ Apparently the double thing doesn't apply to the clean racing bonus. Heh.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Oh, and the Playstore version is completely separate from the Amazon version. I have BOTH installed now. :) And even without social login EA knows who you are, as I was able to do a cloud save from the Amazon version and cloud restore into the Playstore version.

Driver level 39, 98% done with the other V6 cup, just bought my Shelby GT500 and upgrading it before delivery. Spending a lot of R$ and gold on them. :)

Indy Speedway is bad for AI. :) Had a 3 lap cup race where I was in my Challenger SRT8 (the wimpiest car in the lineup, as my 370Z is in the shop) And I'm up against EVERYTHING better. All the cars were pulling away from me on straights. First time I got like 9th, expected. :) Second time there were two serious spinouts and two cars ended up facing the wall... and they just stopped. I think Firemonkey (developer) forgot to teach the AI cars to reverse and get back if they can't go forward and get back on the track. :D Got 6th that time. I'm pretty sure I'd gotten 2nd with the 370Z, and first when my GT500 gets delivered.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just broke the 20 mile mark in that endurance race with my IS F. Actually hit 21.39 miles, coasted to finish line, which got me another 15 seconds and another mile.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Kasey Chang wrote:Just broke the 20 mile mark in that endurance race with my IS F. Actually hit 21.39 miles, coasted to finish line, which got me another 15 seconds and another mile.
21.68 miles, ha! New record!

IS F can take the corners at 160 MPH but braking to that speed is very tricky. Too much and brakes lock and you lose speed. Add to that traffic and it gets tricky. Plus at lap 7 and beyond traffic is almost nonexistent and you can't gain any more time by passing cars.

The catch is you have to immediately send it to maintainence after this long enduro as the car's completely trashed afterwards, even if you don't hit anything or go off track.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Decided to write a guide for it. :)

http://kschang.hubpages.com/hub/Real-Ra ... ing-a-Dime" target="_blank
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 44, getting a little stuck in the 3 separate V8 series, as I can't seem to advance.

Tried autobrake off, spun off the track at every turn. :D Seem auto-brake is also ABS? :)

Getting a bit short on Gold, as I'm down to 30, though with some judicious racing my R$ is back up to 200K.

Who'd knew that BMW M3 GTS is a 'worse' car than Shelby GT500, despite costing "twice as much"?

Got the Camaro ZL1 upgraded too, still can't quite stand up to my Shelby GT500. But I need that car for some other races... ARGH!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver Level 45. Forgot to look at the clock and screwed up my daily bonus as I played past midnight and got the daily double on a race I didn't intend to use it on.

Waiting for my Ford GT and Audi TT to be delivered. Only have a few bits of gold and is NOT going to spend 3 gold just to repaint the Ford GT.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

Well I loaded this up today and a message popped up saying "We hope you're enjoying Real Racing 3!" and then it proceeded to delete my hundreds of millions, leaving me with 6 gold and -23,000RS. Lol...

Deleted, of course. Kinda funny though.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just download it again, and enjoy it PROPERLY this time. :) With the PROPER amount of money and gold. :)

Driver level 46, Ford GT is half upgraded, doubt will do much more. After purchasing both the Audi TT RS and the Ford GT and their upgrades piggybank is looking a bit empty, as low as under 10K and 32 gold at one time. Though racing milestones and driver level-ups gave me some extra gold so I'm back at about 50K and 50 Gold or so.

Doubt will advance much in V8 Domination, as it features a McLaren that costs a LOT of Gold. Though less than I thought. Still, Ford GT is useful in some later races.

With cars active in no less than 5 series I'm still contending, that's a lot of play time in one session without waiting for repairs. :D
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Hehe, hit the daily double and the manager double stack (and he was working for FREE) and I did the endurance run with Shelby GT500 on Brickyard, got 19.75 miles, and that resulted in a single race winning of just over 60K. NOW I can afford a few cars or lots of upgrades. Hahaha. :)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 47, did the same run again, got 60730, and exactly 20 miles (coasted to a stop right at 20.00) on that endurance run. Hehehe.

Just bought the M3 Coupe, adding upgrades as I go, for Everyday Warriors. Audi TT RS is getting a little slow.

Who'd knew Ford GT was such a slow car when compared to the McLaren and the Porsche? :) Doubt I'll ever get to 50% mark on that one without splurging for the McLaren.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Forgot to turn on airplane mode before doing the daily double/quadruple. Someone did 23.4 miles on the endurance... WTF? I made my run again, and again I hit 20.02 miles. But since I didn't get 1st place I only got 23K instead of the normal 60K. ARGH!

And I am doing this with NO auto-brake (auto-brake off). I don't feel as if I am running any slower on average (no autobrake on Super Speedway!) I ran some road courses and basically if I remember to always brake on time I'm good, but if I missed my braking point by 0.1 second I'm screwed. I think I'll leave it on low.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 51, officially "pro" now, 25 cars out of 79 (just bought Porsche 911 GT3 RS)

Finished Performance Rumble and everything before that except Global Production Pursuit (96%, need to win a few more races), V8 Naturals (I am NOT spending 180 gold to buy Cobra 427), AWD attack (that Hyundai costs an arm and a leg to upgrade!)

Kinda stuck in V8 Performance Brawl as that Porsche 918 Spyder costs 900K, and I already splurged and paid 60 gold for the McLaren MP4-12C That's at 53%

V8 Muscle Hustle is 100%

Working through Every Day Heroes (50%). Just bought the 911 and it's taking 10 hours to deliver, so I'm upgrading it in route... and spend all my money.

Prime Production matchup is 76% complete, and got 15% completion in Coupe Clash. 6 more trophies, and I'm into Pro/Am Car Club series.

Did the "money run" but spend all the money. Right now I'm down to 26K and 60 gold.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FINALLY finished that Global Production Pursuit... There's this 2 lap race (Cup at Silverstone Grand Prix circuit) that I just can't get gold, even with WiFi turned off and I'm only dealing with AI. I can't seem to get ahead fast enough, and since there's only 2 laps, no place to catch up when the AI seem to be just as fast as you are, even in the corners.

Finally I got through the first corner through traffic and punched my way up to fifth, then slowly took down one guy at a time, until I got to 2nd place end final lap. Then I spent next half lap until I'm right up against his rear bumper, and finally got past him next corner.

So I am now 100% complete on everything up to Everyday Heroes except V8 Rumble (has that Porsche 918 that costs 1 million), and I need to save up a TON of money for the Pro-Am stuff as none of the cars here would transfer.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Everyday Heroes up to 73%, and Prim production matchup at 80%, Coupe Clash 37%. Level 52 driver, 25 cars, most are 90% to 95% upgrades, many fully upgraded.

Just got my chance to buy the Viper SRT10, but I need to save up some money first. I think it's 110K so I'm a bit short, but close!

Need to take a break since I already used up 4 cars and only 2 of them are being maintained and there's still an hour to go.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 54, finished Everyday Heroes and FINALLY Prime Production Match-up. That final race in Prime Production Match-up just kills me as I've tried that so many times it's frustrating, and I resorted to finish it in an unusual manner.

PPM is the final race and it ONLY accepts the M3 Coupe (everything else is not enough Perf Rating). And it's in Melbourne, in that super-tight track where overtake is all but impossible. So they added those super-wide kerbs and big shoulders at the corners to give you human drivers a chance, but the closest I've gotten is about 5 car lengths behind the leading car by end of lap 4. Until finally circumstances conspired to let me have a chance of victory...

The race started as normal, I can't overtake enough cars by lap 2 (I'm in 12th I think). Then after the big left after the start, just after that chicane another car tried to pass me from the inside, so I PITed him. :) (basically, I turned INTO him, forcing his tail out and he spun out). However, the fun part about RR3 is if the car spins out, he can get stuck facing the wall, as the AI cars can't reverse. If they're stuck, they're stuck. So this car is now stuck, blocking half of the road, where EVERYBODY passes to make that left turn.

At the time, I didn't really notice as I'm too busy trying to make up time tangling with traffic. And I gained a few spaces. By lap 3, I'm in 7th. Then I went past the chicane... noticed cars on the right almost stopped... went past them on the left, braked hard into the left hander... then I realized that was the car I spun in lap 2, still there. And other cars on the course slowed WAY DOWN to deal with them. Suddenly I jumped from 7th to 3rd. I'm like... Hmmm...

3 turns later, I'm 2nd, and by lap 4, I'm 200 yards from lead car. I made big left and into the chicane... And the lead car slowed WAY DOWN to dodge the car... STILL THERE!

I zoomed past it on the left side, but I must have misjudged, as I blew by him at 100 mph, made contact, spun him 270. I went on, now in first place.

And that's enough to finished the race in 1st, complete the cup ,and the series.