Battle of the Presidents

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Battle of the Presidents

Post by Remus West »

Although, if Lincoln is around then he can revive someone (Vorret need not be the only one we discuss there) and that would get us the 1 vote we need to gather a majority. Same can be said if Teddy shoots someone as that would drop the votes needed to three.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Remus West wrote:With Qantaga and tru1cy being dead weight I think we have a problem. I do not see any one of us going the self vote route and without that we can not get to 4 votes unless Qantaga or tru1cy show up to cast one. :?
That indeed may be endgame, sadly.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unless Qantaga and tru1cy are both wolves, right?

And regardless, Lincoln should absolutely use the rez today, if he is still alive. Maybe theohall, since CR seemed to insinuate a belief that theo was Teddy (though that could be a ploy, of course).
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:Unless Qantaga and tru1cy are both wolves, right?

And regardless, Lincoln should absolutely use the rez today, if he is still alive. Maybe theohall, since CR seemed to insinuate a belief that theo was Teddy (though that could be a ploy, of course).
Given that he died I think it indicates theohall was Teddy since it would have been foolish of Teddy to protect anyone other than the last player our Seer told us was Republican so the only way theohall could have been killed last night is, imo, if he had self protected the night before and thus been ineligible for protection last night (since I do not imagine a non-theo Teddy randomly protected theohall the night that bb2112 died). Thus, I'd say if Lincoln is alive he should rez theohall. If we rez vorret all we get is a dead vorret tonight and he won't have a scan to tell us since he died before night. At least if we are correct that theohall was/is Teddy we get the use of the shot.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:Unless Qantaga and tru1cy are both wolves, right?
Also, wanted to touch on this. If they are then I'm probably done with these games. If the winning strategy is simply not to play the game then it stops being a game. That said, it doesn't really matter what they are unless you are suggesting that we vote them off. In which case we can get a lynch today and if we hit a Dem we can lynch the other tomorrow but if they are not both Dems we lose and even going this route we never step away from the deadlock.

6 player 4/2 split 4 votes needed
lynch a silent Rep
night kill
4 players 2/2 split game over

6 player 4/2 split 4 votes needed
lynch a silent Dem
night kill
4 player 3/1 split 3 votes (same deadlock if the second silent is not also a Dem)
lynch a silent Rep
night kill
2 players 1/1 split game over

Only way to rid ourselves of the deadlock if either of the silents is not a Dem is for us to get lucky and lynch the silent Dem and then the remaining Dem to off the silent Rep. Thus leaving us at 4 active players and the 3/1 split. If neither is a Dem then we can not break the deadlock and win.

Unless Lincoln and/or Teddy live in which case the numbers change.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also if we got lucky and the conversion failed (due to hitting TR or his protectee) we could be at 5 villagers 1 democrat right now.

In any event, I think the next step is to wait and see if Lincoln rezzes someone (probably theo).

Also, if Teddy is still alive then he could come forward and we could use his shot, which I think could break the deadlock.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:Also if we got lucky and the conversion failed (due to hitting TR or his protectee) we could be at 5 villagers 1 democrat right now.

In any event, I think the next step is to wait and see if Lincoln rezzes someone (probably theo).

Also, if Teddy is still alive then he could come forward and we could use his shot, which I think could break the deadlock.
Hadn't considered the conversion failure possibility. I suppose it is possible it hasn't even been used yet but I highly doubt that.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think the only active not to check in since night is Scoop. We need to know where we stand. I'll start. I am neither Lincoln nor Teddy. Next person?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Anyone remember when I eluded to being able to support Vorret's claim (not that it mattered minutes later)?

This is what I am referring too.
theohall wrote:Please lynch this bastion of liberalism - Remus West. He isn't playing for the good guys, as bb2112 has pointed out. I am betting Teddy protected bb2112 last night and succeeded.
I saw this and I'm pretty sure the baddies did too since Theohall was last night's kill. Why Theo thought to make this information public is beyond me. Once BB2112 was offed, I was tempted to point this out to push him to take his shot that day (in hind sight it would have been a damn good time to use on Chaos) but I was also hoping the baddies just missed it. They didn't. Also, theo could have just been blowing smoke.

So, odds are high that Teddy is gone and we lost our free shot and they got there's off.

I am not Lincoln so I won't be rezzing Vorret. Frankly, if I was Lincoln I would have rezzed Lassr days ago.

So, to start today off, here is my threat list.

Unknowns - The only three choices I seem to have today. Therefore, I could vote for him but I have no real read on him otherwise.
triggercut: triggercut always seems the most evil acting guy in the room every game.
El Guapo: Hasn't pinged me either way.
Remus West: At the start of the game I was strongly feeling Remus was a democrat but something changed recently and I find myself agreeing with his points more. Is it possible the behavior change means he was converted and now he is playing more carefully?

Me
Scoop20906

Non-Players - They've pretty much dropped out of the game so if they turn out to be evil I won't consider this a fair win.
Qantaga
tru1cy
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Moliere's game deserved so much better, but it's time to put it out of its misery, I think.

I'm Teddy. I'm going to shoot one of you in the face tomorrow morning. If Abe is out there and alive, you better do your thing now, because if you haven't by Monday noon, I'm shooting and this game probably ends.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

triggercut wrote:Moliere's game deserved so much better, but it's time to put it out of its misery, I think.

I'm Teddy. I'm going to shoot one of you in the face tomorrow morning. If Abe is out there and alive, you better do your thing now, because if you haven't by Monday noon, I'm shooting and this game probably ends.
Seriously? :twisted: I guess I was wrong. I just assumed that BB2112 was the person protected since he died the next day. Maybe I missed something but I assumed the democrats would always attack the person they missed on the night before.

Well, since we do have the "shoot" option I suggest you shoot Remus.

It would be good to hear from the other two participants.

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Scoop20906 wrote:
triggercut wrote:Moliere's game deserved so much better, but it's time to put it out of its misery, I think.

Seriously? :twisted: I guess I was wrong. I just assumed that BB2112 was the person protected since he died the next day. Maybe I missed something but I assumed the democrats would always attack the person they missed on the night before.

Well, since we do have the "shoot" option I suggest you shoot Remus.

It would be good to hear from the other two participants.
Well, bb2112 *was* the person protected. That's why I urged Abe to res someone before nightfall that night, hoping that if it was bb he'd do his thing, but I guess he wasn't.

Oh, and I'm not taking suggestions on whom to shoot. I've already decided and unless that player ends up being Abe, I'll shoot that person.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Again seriously?? How the heck did theohall guess that? I need to go back and look at this.

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Scoop20906 wrote:Again seriously?? How the heck did theohall guess that? I need to go back and look at this.
Wasn't that hard to figure out. Badguys miss one night due to protection, the person they missed on is a guaranteed hit the next night because he can't be protected two days in a row.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

triggercut wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Again seriously?? How the heck did theohall guess that? I need to go back and look at this.
Wasn't that hard to figure out. Badguys miss one night due to protection, the person they missed on is a guaranteed hit the next night because he can't be protected two days in a row.
Right .... Except Theohall guessed that BEFORE bb2112 was the target the next night. Go back and look at the timeline.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, you make it sound like you plan on shooting El Guapo since I have already stated I am not Lincoln as has Scoop. I'd rather you shoot Scoop but I'm fine with either of them. If you are Teddy then they have to be the two Dems or else one or both of the missing are Dems and I doubt that. Not that it maters as when you shoot one of the Dems then the other will simply not self vote and we are back deadlocked needing an equal number of votes as active players.
:grund:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Well, hell.

I'm going to shoot El Guapo. 

Sorry about that.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

At least you didn't shoot Lincoln.
Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Nuts. Oh well.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Teddy mistakes El Guapo for Taft and shoots him in the back. Only upon reflection did Teddy realize his mistake in shooting a fellow Republican.

triggercut ->
Scoop20906 ->
Remus West ->
Qantaga ->
tru1cy ->

Three votes are needed. Can we continue with 2 people MIA?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I don't see how.

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

They could both fall down the stairs and break their neck.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga has not posted at OO since Dec. Hope he is ok.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

:binky: Should we pm Qantaga and tru1cy? :binky:
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote::binky: Should we pm Qantaga and tru1cy? :binky:
Message sent to tru1cy.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:Teddy mistakes El Guapo for Taft
:binky: Are you calling me fat? :binky:
Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:Teddy mistakes El Guapo for Taft
:binky: Are you calling me fat? :binky:
I think he was saying you have a proclivity for bathtubs.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Here and I don't think I'm versed enough to make a decision. The bad guys left me alive for a reason as a distraction. let me try to do my do diligence and read some

Btw, I want to apologize again to everyone especially Moliere. I should have bowed out when Grund did
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:Qantaga has not posted at OO since Dec. Hope he is ok.
Anyone know how to contact him? I'm also hoping he is alright and will be back soon.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

So I can vote for anyone at the moment... Besides myself that is.. What is the prevailing thoughts of the RNC?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Thanks to those people that actually played. This game had its high moments in between long stretches of silence. I was hoping the political theme would generate more active play. Oh well. Like most political battles this game ended with no winner.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Just classic ending to a political theme. :o)

Do we find out who was what?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Damn, what a shame, the theme was great. Thanks for hosting it Moliere.

Who were the last 2 dem?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Somehow fitting that it ended in deadlock.

I mean...of course it did!

I enjoyed the theme a lot and would welcome playing it again some time.

I do think the Bill Clinton anytime convert power is too overpowered, but it was an interesting and fun set of rules nonetheless.

I think Remus was one Dem, and Qantaga was a convert. Just guessing.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

triggercut wrote:I think Remus was one Dem, and Qantaga was a convert. Just guessing.
You would be wrong.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I want to play this theme again when people are able to give it the time. We got snake bit but holidays and people just getting hit over the head with life.

Moliere, I'd like to introduce Bill 1145a-q in support of playing this again in the spring. Seconded?

stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
triggercut wrote:I think Remus was one Dem, and Qantaga was a convert. Just guessing.
You would be wrong.
On which part? I was thinking you were the wolf too.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
You would be wrong.
On which part? I was thinking you were the wolf too.
Do you want me giving away all my secrets?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Is the game actually over? If so, spill kibble breath! :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

triggercut wrote:I do think the Bill Clinton anytime convert power is too overpowered, but it was an interesting and fun set of rules nonetheless.
The conversion anytime is what made the game most interesting to watch. It makes you second guess every action. I tried to balance out the sides: conversion vs instant kill, rez vs. kamikaze. The Democrats got an extremely lucky first night kill because they unknowingly took out Lincoln.