Anyone seen Edan?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Coskesh

Anyone seen Edan?

Post by Coskesh »

Haven't seen his DVD tuesday posts and notice he hasn't contributed in R&P in a while. Where you at bro?
Enough

Post by Enough »

Yeah I've been missing Edan too. Shall we deploy the search dogs? :ninja:
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

He must know about this place, because he was around the temp forums, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him yet...
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

A hint: Nade, who posts here rather frequently and even compiles dvd Tuesday, spelled backwards is...

That's right: total protonic reversal!

I miss Muad Dib, who evidently has decided to go it alone.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Tareeq wrote: That's right: total protonic reversal!
Important safety tip. Thanks Egon.

I miss MD too...
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Last edited by Defiant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Tareeq wrote:I miss Muad Dib, who evidently has decided to go it alone.
I'll dispatch the hounds!!
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Jag

Post by Jag »

Nade wrote:I'm a transporter accident. :D
And it wasn't like Edan was a star trek fan or anything :roll:
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

No, I haven't seen h... oh, nevermind then.

Nade, I hope you're not the result of that ditzy accident where Picard, Guinan, Ro and Keiko all materialize as children who speak in squeaky voices and like to bounce on the bed. Because that was just silly.

Or that one where Barclay sees something in the transporter that looks like what I feed my pet lizard.

You know what I just realized? There were a lot of really dumb transporter accident episodes...

- Ash

PS> And no, I don't really think this post has a point. Go with it.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Tareeq wrote:A hint: Nade, who posts here rather frequently and even compiles dvd Tuesday, spelled backwards is...
Wow, I feel an idiot. I, too, had (silently) been lamenting the missing Edan all the while wondering who this new Nade feller was. Glad to have both of those clarified all in one fell swoop.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Nade wrote:I'm a transporter accident. :D
Are you the evil Eden or the good Eden.... :?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Spock's Brain

Post by Spock's Brain »

And yeah, what happened to Muad Dib? Did a sandworm get him?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Spock's Brain wrote:
If you see a nic called "The Preacher" then we'll have our answer... :wink:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

siljanus wrote:
Spock's Brain wrote:
If you see a nic called "The Preacher" then we'll have our answer... :wink:
Or Bid Daum.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Wandering the desert

Post by The Preacher »

siljanus wrote:If you see a nic called "The Preacher" then we'll have our answer... :wink:
That was inspirational as well as apt, so I decided to do just that (props to Silj!).

Thanks for noticing the absence (and the emails from Tareeq & RM9). I've stopped posting largely because I have gotten in a bit of a funk. Frankly, I've grown rather tired of politics and everything it entails in the past month or so. I haven't had the heart to get into those discussions eventhough those were the ones I chiefly monitored. Gaming too has taken a back seat to parenthood, so that was a second strike. And lastly, I'm tired of my job -- that's good in that I have been able to post as much as I do and bad because of the whole self-pitying, self-loathing crap that I've been feeling (thank god for the smile of an 11.5 month old boy).

Anyhow, I'm here, reborn as the frustrated, epistolizing Preacher (to wit, my signature). Hopefully the conclusion of the actual voting will draw me out of my own feces, even if the ensuing legal battles are representative of the reason that I've withdrawn.

Slainte!
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: Wandering the desert

Post by $iljanus »

The Preacher wrote:
siljanus wrote:If you see a nic called "The Preacher" then we'll have our answer... :wink:
That was inspirational as well as apt, so I decided to do just that (props to Silj!).
I'm glad that you've wandered out of the desert! :)

Did you pull the trigger on Battles in Normandy? I was all set to do it on release day but that darned $60+ dollar price point really put the breaks on that, especially with Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Vampire: Bloodlines, Joint Ops expansion, SWAT 4, a possible motorcycle on the horizon...

Don't worry. The elections will soon be over and the country will decend into anarchy, and you won't have time for self-pity then when you're shooting at the hoards of undead which will rise on Nov 3! :wink:
Black lives matter!

The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

siljanus wrote:Did you pull the trigger on Battles in Normandy? I was all set to do it on release day but that darned $60+ dollar price point really put the breaks on that, especially with Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Vampire: Bloodlines, Joint Ops expansion, SWAT 4, a possible motorcycle on the horizon.
I did not for the exact same reason. I'm thinking I might wait to see if I can grab a bargain bin KP to see if I like the series before I purchase BIN -- the TAO freeware is just too rough for me to get a sense of the series. HL2 and Vampire are probably going to get my money before that even happens, though (oh and video card to play them with).[/img]
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Preacher wrote:
siljanus wrote:Did you pull the trigger on Battles in Normandy? I was all set to do it on release day but that darned $60+ dollar price point really put the breaks on that, especially with Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Vampire: Bloodlines, Joint Ops expansion, SWAT 4, a possible motorcycle on the horizon.
I did not for the exact same reason. I'm thinking I might wait to see if I can grab a bargain bin KP to see if I like the series before I purchase BIN -- the TAO freeware is just too rough for me to get a sense of the series. HL2 and Vampire are probably going to get my money before that even happens, though (oh and video card to play them with).[/img]
Will KP ever be in the bargain bin? If interested, send me a private message with your address and I'll be happy to send it your way for an extended trial. I'm not playing it, not because I don't like the game engine but due to other games taking my attention and I think I prefer the Western Front.
Black lives matter!

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Last edited by Defiant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

If you're a transporter accident, who's the mirror you?
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

and here I just thought Nade was a Nader fanboi ;)
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Eightball

Post by Eightball »

I heard if you look in the mirror and say Edan three times in a row, Nade pops out!

Hey Preacher, It's Hon, not Hun. Gotta have get right, Bawlmer style.
DD

Post by DD »

Glad to see I'm not the only one that came up with the sneaky reverse-the-nick ploy... :)
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

siljanus wrote:Will KP ever be in the bargain bin? If interested, send me a private message with your address and I'll be happy to send it your way for an extended trial. I'm not playing it, not because I don't like the game engine but due to other games taking my attention and I think I prefer the Western Front.
I may take you up on that offer at some point but right now, with RTW and a forthcoming WOW beta, I'm knee deep in the hoopla. (Marconi plays the mamba)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Preacher wrote:I may take you up on that offer at some point but right now, with RTW and a forthcoming WOW beta, I'm knee deep in the hoopla. (Marconi plays the mamba)
Finished my first RTW long campaign a few weeks ago so I know what you mean.
Black lives matter!