Simple Werewolf Game - Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lagom Lite

Re: Simple Werewolf Game - Game on.

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:Man, I'm blown away. I thought we were going to talk this one through first.
Talking is for nerds.

Thanks for modding Remus.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Vorret

Re: Simple Werewolf Game - Game over.

Post by Vorret »

Damnit guys! :wink:

It was a fun read for sure, the me vs scoop vote probably wouldn't have change the outcome of the game though.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:Well, I guess I can spare you guys one of my wonderful write ups for that lynch and end game since you've already hashed it out. :D

Sorry I was so busy that you were not getting regular updates of vote counts and such. Felt guilty about it but never had the available time to correct it. Glad you all had fun regardless.
Thanks for hosting.

Yeah i have to apologize I was trying to be helpful by telling people the game had ended. I figured it was the nice thing to do since you were so busy, and folks would be in a state of suspense. :wink:

But, i think that's the last time i do that. Seems folks distrust helpful and nice folks... :wink: and just to think arent there like 3 candians and a european playing. Arent they the cream of nicety. Blows my mind. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:Man, I'm blown away. I thought we were going to talk this one through first.

Good job WarPig and Newcastle.

Newcastle, I suspected you but I could never bring myself to starting a bandwagon against you. You did a good job of playing the nice careful villager. Well done. WarPig I never got a read on and well I just didn't want to vote for him. Even if I got Newcastle lynched today I would still have voted Moliere tomorrow.

And note to everyone, this is how I play every game when I am a villager.
Scoop you should have started the bandwagon. I kept on laughing on how often your opinion of me changed, then i'd nicely query back "why scoop, why?"!. And yeah, was fun to play again after a hiatus, but i think we all were since the spring.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I appreciated you letting me know when I needed to appear. :D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:Seems folks distrust helpful and nice folks...
it wasn't the fact that you were helpful but some of your posts seemed, what's the word, disingenuous maybe, or staged.

That was what I was trying to decipher if you were the helpful Newcastle or the pretend helpful Newcastle.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Obviously in hindsight we had the pretend helpful Newcastle lol
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Seems folks distrust helpful and nice folks...
it wasn't the fact that you were helpful but some of your posts seemed, what's the word, disingenuous maybe, or staged.

That was what I was trying to decipher if you were the helpful Newcastle or the pretend helpful Newcastle.
i'm really not pouting; i realize that how i play in terms of being a wolf is very similar to my normal villager bit. And i do act the "helpful" bit in all roles from wolf to villager to good special. So the line of difference as you stated between disingenuous and helpful is blurred.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Should add some winkies and smilies to that above post in case my facetiousness is too obscure.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Go sign up for my game now guys.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grats to the wolves. :clap:
...and a thank you to the Remus.

Newcastle, you were on my list of wolf guesses to Remus. And not because you were helpful... it's a lot of things really... and I wouldn't even begin to share. :ninja:
(Lagom was my 2nd... because he is always full-on creepy with how he positions himself on things)

And, Scoop - I am glad I was killed early so you could benefit from a game without my Unagi-distractions.
heh.... maybe I'm not really your problem after all. lols.

:D

AND BIG GRATS TO THE NEW FATHER!
you god damn cheat! ;) :)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:Grats to the wolves. :clap:
...and a thank you to the Remus.

Newcastle, you were on my list of wolf guesses to Remus. And not because you were helpful... it's a lot of things really... and I wouldn't even begin to share. :ninja:
(Lagom was my 2nd... because he is always full-on creepy with how he positions himself on things)
And that's little pups of the pack is why we eat unagi first!

Man i really wish i knew your secret. I suspect its A. note taking from all your games that you've played in the past and you've marked down tells of folks. I can take a few educated guesses on what they were in terms of my tells. But...since you probably wont tell....meh...

Must get old though using notes? i dont. never have and probably never will. Its kind of akin like a crutch right? Need em... :wink:

Kidding of course.

but i'd be curious to know what they are...anyway..CHALLENGE ACCEPTED to diversify my gameplay and be a better wolf in the future.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:Man i really wish i knew your secret. I suspect its A. note taking from all your games that you've played in the past and you've marked down tells of folks. I can take a few educated guesses on what they were in terms of my tells. But...since you probably wont tell....meh...

Must get old though using notes? i dont. never have and probably never will. Its kind of akin like a crutch right? Need em... :wink:

Kidding of course.

but i'd be curious to know what they are...anyway..CHALLENGE ACCEPTED to diversify my gameplay and be a better wolf in the future.
Holy Cow NO, I can't be bothered with notes at all. :D
Good god.

And, I'm not holding back to be a jerk or anything - more that I wouldn't want you to go changing. :D

I guess I would say that it's more, actually, about how you play when you are a villager. (And you are certainly correct to point out that you are more than happy to be 'helpful' as a villager too...)

BTW, I think this is true about everyone... I think it's a lot easier to try and build up ones ability to detect "Villager" in a player... and then string em up when they don't seem like that player. Of course - this also leads to us lynching our Seers. :oops:
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Unagi wrote:AND BIG GRATS TO THE NEW FATHER!
you god damn cheat! ;) :)
Twas not my intention, with the random assigning of roles, it just happened. And thank you!!
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
Huh, looks like we had the same wolf list
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Huh, looks like we had the same wolf list
I thought you vets had learned by now - I always look wolfy apparently. :(
Is there anyone in hell?