4 theohall
5 RevHempus71
6 Vorret
7 RMC
8 Newcastle
9 El Guapo
10 Chaosraven
11 Purge
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Scoop's Inhumans

Post by Scoop20906 »

Roles:

Inhuman

Unspoken One - the Unspoken One is the original Inhuman. He evolved by way of genetic manipulation by aliens. He escaped their efforts having stolen one canister of Terrigen Mist and returned to earth to create a master race of Inhumans so he can conquer the Earth and marshall is forces to take revenge on the universe. Let just say the experience has driven him a bit insane. However on his return to earth the teleporation beam malfunctioned beaming into directly to a remote area. BUT, the Terrigen Mist canister was no where to be found. One of these humans has it. The Unspoken One needs it to complete his plans.

The Unspoken One grows in power with each night following this order:
  • Night One
  • Kill one player
  • Scan one player for their potential role (what they will become after using the Terrigen Mist)
    Night Two
  • Kill one player
  • Scan for Terrigen Mist canister
  • Steal the Terrigen Mist canister
  • Scan one player for their potential role (what they will become after using the Terrigen Mist)
    Night Three
  • Kill one player
    Night Four
  • Transform (convert) one player to Inhuman
    Night Five
  • Transform (convert) one player to Inhuman
    Night Six
  • Kill one player
If or when the Unspoken One possesses the Terrigen Mist canister, he will immediately use it on all the humans which will result in the humans gaining powers (see human section).

Humans converted by the Unspoken One retain any powers they gained from the Terrigen Mist.

If they Unspoken One is killed, any remaining Inhuman players gain the ability to make one night kill (as a group). However, they do not grow in power as the Unspoken One could.

Once there is more than one Inhuman player, they will be given access to a secret forum to communicate freely with each other.

Human

Human - Yep, you are just plan ole human. However, if you are exposed to Terrigen Mist you become ... changed.

Each human will be affected by the Terrigen Mist with the following results:

1. Inhuman Seer- Converted into Inhuman. Gain the ability to scan the role of a player each night.
2. Inhuman Instant Messenger- Converted into Inhuman. Gain the ability to send a secret message to any player (via moderator). The message does not have to identify the sender (you can spoof who the sender is). However, the Inhuman Instant Messenger will not be able to send a secret message to the Human Trusted player (thats too easy).
3. Human Thief - Gain the ability to steal the Terrigen Mist canister from who ever currently has it. They do not need to target a player. They will receive the Terrigen Mist but will not be informed who they got it from. This ability can be used at anytime. The player the Terrigen Mist is stolen from will not know who took it from them.
4. Human Undertaker - Gain the ability to scan one dead player for their alignment and role each night
5. Human Seer - Gain the ability to scan the alignment and role of a player each night
6. Human Protector - Gain the ability protect one player each night but not himself and not the same player on back to back nights
7. Human Instant Messenger - Gain the ability to send a secret message to any player (via moderator). The message does not have to identify the sender (you can spoof who the sender is). However, the Human Instant Messenger will not be able to send a secret message to the Human Trusted player (thats too easy).
8. Human Trusted - Will instantly become trusted. The mod will announce you are human and you can not be converted.
9. Human Rezzer - Gain the ability to resurrect one player (you will reveal yourself via moderator).
10. Human Bot - Converted into a bot. You are still human however you may only make posts that are a partial copy of other players's post and you must use complete sentences. Yes, this includes votes.

For example, if another player makes the following post:
Purge wrote:Sorry guys. I've been super busy. I think RMC is guilty. He keeps hugging that creepy pillow of his. I think it is possessed.  Accuse RMC 

You can post something like this:
Bot wrote:I think RMC is guilty.  Accuse RMC 

So, for the Bot, if someone hasn't posted it, the Bot can't say it. (maybe this will be fun.)
=====

Each human player will be randomly assigned one of these results at the beginning of the game and will not be aware of their fate.

Terrigen Mist

When the Unspoken One beamed to earth he was separated from the Terrigen Mist canister. However, one of the humans has secretly (and randomly) found it.

Whoever possesses the Terrigen Mist canister may choose one of the following each night:

1. Use the canister on yourself and be transformed with one of the results (see human). When the player is converted the Terrigen Mist canister will be passed to another human player before the next day starts. The Terrigen Mist canister will then be randomly and secretly passed to another human player. The Unspoken One can not use the Terrigen Mist canister on himself or on any one player. If the Terrigent Mist is used this way the moderator will announce "Everyone notices a funny smell. It seems someone has used the Terrigen Mist".

2. Use the Terrigen Mist on all players. This is a very dangerous choice. The player releasing the gas will die if they would convert into a human however if they are a Inhuman they will survive the process. This uses up the Terrigen Mist and all players and changed to the result randomly assigned to them.

3. Do nothing and just hold on to the Terrigen Mist Canister. You may not give the canister to any other player.

Note: If for any reason a human player with the Terrigen Mist canister is killed, the canister will be randomly (and secretly) passed to another human player. Inhuman's can not procure the Terrigen Mist canister this way.

Note: Every time a player is converted a message will be announced by the mod that it has occurred but will not announce what side performed the conversion.

Rulez:

The game begins on Day One.

Night Order of Events:
1. Inhuman performs all powers except kill.
2. Human performs all powers.
3. Inhuman choose who to kill.
4. Terrigen Mist is used if ordered by player possessing it.

Winning Conditions

Humans - Eliminate all Inhumans
Inhumans - Have equal number of Inhumans as Humans
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Scoop20906

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez under construction

Post by Scoop20906 »

Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:49 am, edited 11 times in total.

Moliere

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez up. Signs ups now being accepte

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:Image
/\/\/\ What he said.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

This looks Thing worthy.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I never played he Thing games. Is that a good thing or a bad thing this is Thing Worthy?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

In!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

in 

Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
theohall

Post by theohall »

Scoop20906 wrote:I never played he Thing games. Is that a good thing or a bad thing this is Thing Worthy?
I never played either, just read the game. Awesome read! It scarred Kraegor for life, apparently. Padre did excellent work with the write-ups.
Vorret

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez up. Just need 6.

Post by Vorret »

Am I banned from those games? :(
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:Am I banned from those games? :(
Thing games? You should be so lucky.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

You are 'in' Vorret. Just didnt hit save.

Conversions may not happen in this game. I do think i will amend the rulez tonight to announce whenever a conversion happens .

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

in

though i've got some Qs bout the game, but wont ask until i've gone through the rules a bit more a few offhand, I apologize if they're answered already in the FAQ.

-What happens if the unspoken one dies on day 1 without any powers being activated? Game over?

Well thats it for now, am sure more will pop up.

Seems standard WW with the main difference is that the Unspoken one (UO) starts off alone and is trying to form up his team. And that whatever human has the mist can activate it to get the humans their specials.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am in as well... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
Vorret wrote:Am I banned from those games? :(
Thing games? You should be so lucky.
So are you in?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:in

though i've got some Qs bout the game, but wont ask until i've gone through the rules a bit more a few offhand, I apologize if they're answered already in the FAQ.

-What happens if the unspoken one dies on day 1 without any powers being activated? Game over?

Well thats it for now, am sure more will pop up.

Seems standard WW with the main difference is that the Unspoken one (UO) starts off alone and is trying to form up his team. And that whatever human has the mist can activate it to get the humans their specials.
Yes, the UO can die on Day One and the game would be over.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm in. Looks amusing and wacky.

Questions: (1) if/when the terregin mist gets used, each player has a 30% chance of getting converted, right? Which means that it could instantly result in an inhuman victory, yes (including on day 1 if the initial holder decides to spray everyone)?

(2) if the initial mist holder decides to spray himself, is he informed who is the new holder of the mist? I'm guessing not (even though he presumably is the one giving the mist)?

(3) If the original inhuman gets the mist and sprays everyone, he has to choose which person to auto-convert before he finds out about the mist results, right? Such that he could wind up choosing someone who would've been converted anyway?
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The thINg game was evil. Pure and Simple agonizing evil.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:I'm in. Looks amusing and wacky.

Questions: (1) if/when the terregin mist gets used, each player has a 30% chance of getting converted, right? Which means that it could instantly result in an inhuman victory, yes (including on day 1 if the initial holder decides to spray everyone)?
Yes but having you put it that way I am thinking I will reduce that two only two humans that can be converted and maybe give another human power.
El Guapo wrote:(2) if the initial mist holder decides to spray himself, is he informed who is the new holder of the mist? I'm guessing not (even though he presumably is the one giving the mist)?
No, he will spray himself and in the process of transformation the canister will roll away and conveniently (and secretly) to another player.
El Guapo wrote:(3) If the original inhuman gets the mist and sprays everyone, he has to choose which person to auto-convert before he finds out about the mist results, right? Such that he could wind up choosing someone who would've been converted anyway?
I think the choice to spray yourself is a choose to use at anytime power. Therefore, he could perform his not orders and then wait to see the results before using the canister.

Let me make some rulez corrections...

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I realize the answer is kind of obvious since it seems everyon could have a power once hte mist is used:

1. Will we know if the mist is used...ie a mod announcement?

2. Once a human uses the cannister in the "spray all" option..what happens to the cannister? Does it dissapear?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:The thINg game was evil. Pure and Simple agonizing evil.

I think scoop's got something against ya CR...dont know why...you lead the charge against him last game?
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I'm in. Looks amusing and wacky.

Yes but having you put it that way I am thinking I will reduce that two only two humans that can be converted and maybe give another human power.
El Guapo wrote:(2) if the initial mist holder decides to spray himself, is he informed who is the new holder of the mist? I'm guessing not (even though he presumably is the one giving the mist)?
No, he will spray himself and in the process of transformation the canister will roll away and conveniently (and secretly) to another player.
El Guapo wrote:(3) If the original inhuman gets the mist and sprays everyone, he has to choose which person to auto-convert before he finds out about the mist results, right? Such that he could wind up choosing someone who would've been converted anyway?
I think the choice to spray yourself is a choose to use at anytime power. Therefore, he could perform his not orders and then wait to see the results before using the canister.

Ok, that was all wrong. Sorry El Guapo.

Ok, I reduced the number of people that are converted to Inhuman by the Terrigen Gas to two.

Also, all orders are completed before the Terrigen Mist order is porcessed. However, you are correct that UO will not be able to choose his conversion order after the mist's effects. He could convert someone who is already going to be converted. That is correct.

Coolio?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:[

This is the original inhuman getting the canister and spraying everyone.

edit: didn't see your post immediately above. That is indeed "coolio", as the kids say.
Last edited by El Guapo on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

So if the Inhuman uses the gas then an extra human could possibly be converted, but if a human uses the gas, then the conversion is limited to 2?

Also, all rolls are predefined before the game, so when people get killed, we don't really know if we are whacking potentially bad guys. Could mean for an instant TPK if the village chooses incorrectly and the mist is used mid to late game.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:So if the Inhuman uses the gas then an extra human could possibly be converted, but if a human uses the gas, then the conversion is limited to 2?
Actually, whether UO or Human uses the canister to spray all, the results are always the same since they are assigned at the beginning of the game. Only the OU special powers to convert can change alignment and he doesn't get those powers until later nights.
bb2112 wrote:Also, all rolls are predefined before the game, so when people get killed, we don't really know if we are whacking potentially bad guys. Could mean for an instant TPK if the village chooses incorrectly and the mist is used mid to late game.
The canister is definitely the nuclear option and the game can be over as soon as it is used. It is really a choice I wanted to give people to use it on themselves and see what happens or unlock everyone's potential powers and roll the dice.

The UO job is hard because he is initially alone and very week but gets more powerful as the days move on. This puts pressure on the humans to eliminate him before he can start to convert. Show the humans use the Terrigen Gas to try to gain powers and risk death/conversion?

Also, every time someone is converted a message will be announced by the mod that it has occurred. However, for some spice I won't say what side performed the conversion.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

On the plus side, it is almost impossible for the humans to out any specials on Day One! A player would have to use the Terrigen Mist canister on everyone first I guess but who would be silly enough to do that? :shock:

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:The thINg game was evil. Pure and Simple agonizing evil.

I think scoop's got something against ya CR...dont know why...you lead the charge against him last game?
Accounting mistake. CR is IN.

Just NEED ONE MORE!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:On the plus side, it is almost impossible for the humans to out any specials on Day One! A player would have to use the Terrigen Mist canister on everyone first I guess but who would be silly enough to do that? :shock:
FWIW, I think that is the only logical play.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:On the plus side, it is almost impossible for the humans to out any specials on Day One! A player would have to use the Terrigen Mist canister on everyone first I guess but who would be silly enough to do that? :shock:
Any idea on how to make it more of a risk?

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:
Any idea on how to make it more of a risk?
Maybe instead of using the can on yourself, you use it on some else and then the canister moves? And only one player, The Scientist, can spray everyone? I know it is one more role, but it might make it a little bit more strategic..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm not sure that it's the only logical play. You start with 10 humans and 1 inhuman. If the initial canister holder decides to spray everyone, odds are you wind up with 2 additional inhumans, 1 death, and 7 specials. You're now at 3 inhumans and 7 (special) humans) (although one of the powers, stealing the canister, is moot at this point so anyone who has that is basically a regular human). At that point it's two misses and the inhumans win. Odds are that the person who sprayed everyone remains on the human team (80% chance of either special powers or dying).

That doesn't seem like an auto-spray everyone to me - odds are you remain human and the humans are down to two misses. Yeah you have specials, though the odds for the humans are going to vary significantly depending on the powers you wind up with.

I do wonder if it's a no-brainer to spray yourself. You probably become special (even more so than your mother thinks), and if not you secretly join the wolf team (or maybe die, but that's only a 10% chance), which may keep growing as everyone takes a huff.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Who's left to be recruited? I need another game to keep me entertained at work.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
purge

Post by purge »

Has this boat left the harbor?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

purge wrote:Has this boat left the harbor?
Is it a valid strategy to spoof the Unspoken One?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

purge wrote:Has this boat left the harbor?
Nope - in fact we are specifically looking for one more. Person on the boat, I guess. Before we can leave the metaphorical harbor. Which would mean starting the game.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez up. Just need 1

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Each human will be affected by the Terrigen Mist with the following results:

1. Immediately die
2. Converted into Inhuman
3. Converted into Inhuman
4. Gain the ability to steal the Terrigen Mist canister from who ever currently has it
5. Gain the ability to scan one dead player for their alignment and role each night
6. Gain the ability to scan the alignment of a player each night
7. Gain the ability protect one player each night but not himself and not the same player on back to back nights
8. Gain the ability to send a secret message to any player (via moderator). The message does not have to identify the sender (you can spoof who the sender is).
9. Will instantly become trusted. The mod will announce you are human and you can not be converted.
10. Gain the ability to resurrect one player (you will reveal yourself via moderator).
Let's think about this. Day 1 use gas.

Human 9 is instantly trusted.
Human 8 sends IM to 9. Instantly trusted.
Human 10 raises 1, both become instantly trusted.

That leaves 4 out of 11 as trusteds, with a seer (Human 6) and a protector (Human 7). Humans 4 and 5 basically become regular dudes. Human 5 could be somewhat useful, but is basically gimped.

Potentially a pool of 7 to hide 3 Inhumans with 2 of those seven who can claim specials. That leaves a pool of 5 to hide 3.

Based on this, I think it would be a no brainer for the humans to use the mist day 1 and it would be to the disadvantage of team Inhuman to use it early. To counter this I have a couple of suggestions that can be used individually or mixed and matched to help the balance:

1. Make it impossible for the humans to spray everyone
2. Cut down on the number of provens the humans would get if the conversion happened
3. Have more instant kills if the spray is used on everyone including the user
4. Maybe have a different set of circumstances if the Inhuman sprays the group instead of the humans - right now if I was the Inhuman and I got the spray I would hold off until the herd is thinned

Just some thoughts...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

In terms of the mist results, is one result assigned to each person, or does each person roll separately on the results table?

Like, could you wind up with 10 people who can send IMs? Or 10 instant deaths (which, while unlikely, would be incredibly hilarious)?
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Re: Scoop's Inhumans - Rulez up. Just need 1

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Each human will be affected by the Terrigen Mist with the following results:

1. Immediately die
2. Converted into Inhuman
3. Converted into Inhuman
4. Gain the ability to steal the Terrigen Mist canister from who ever currently has it
5. Gain the ability to scan one dead player for their alignment and role each night
6. Gain the ability to scan the alignment of a player each night
7. Gain the ability protect one player each night but not himself and not the same player on back to back nights
8. Gain the ability to send a secret message to any player (via moderator). The message does not have to identify the sender (you can spoof who the sender is).
9. Will instantly become trusted. The mod will announce you are human and you can not be converted.
10. Gain the ability to resurrect one player (you will reveal yourself via moderator).
Let's think about this. Day 1 use gas.

Human 9 is instantly trusted.
Human 8 sends IM to 9. Instantly trusted.
Human 10 raises 1, both become instantly trusted.

That leaves 4 out of 11 as trusteds, with a seer (Human 6) and a protector (Human 7). Humans 4 and 5 basically become regular dudes. Human 5 could be somewhat useful, but is basically gimped.

Potentially a pool of 7 to hide 3 Inhumans with 2 of those seven who can claim specials. That leaves a pool of 5 to hide 3.

Based on this, I think it would be a no brainer for the humans to use the mist day 1 and it would be to the disadvantage of team Inhuman to use it early. To counter this I have a couple of suggestions that can be used individually or mixed and matched to help the balance:

1. Make it impossible for the humans to spray everyone
2. Cut down on the number of provens the humans would get if the conversion happened
3. Have more instant kills if the spray is used on everyone including the user
4. Maybe have a different set of circumstances if the Inhuman sprays the group instead of the humans - right now if I was the Inhuman and I got the spray I would hold off until the herd is thinned

Just some thoughts...
I wanted to agree w/ BB here that there is not enough risk for humans to insta spray everyone. Because honestly, if i had it, id use it immediately, because it would really kick the game into high gear and give the humans a pretty decent edge.

-I almost think the game would benefit from a few more people say 14 or so. There are a lot of powered players here and creating a solid block of 3 from the get go is mighty powerful. There needs to be more unpowered pool for the UO and cohort to hide amongst.

-Maybe make the created UOs have similar powers to the humans? Scanner or maybe even have a rezzer that's known by all. So that way both sides have a rezzer thats instantly known and proven to all, you just dont know what side your on. Also maybe if the inhuman side rezzes someone they then are flipped to the inhuman side?

- Maybe make it so the UO or inhumans have an ability to spoof players.

- i think also if the UO is able to scan for the cannister it should be an instant steal. How else would that happen? Say I am the UO and I scan BB who has it on night 2, he would then pass and i would lose track of where it is? Or is an instant ability?

- I think having the humans being able to spray 1-3 people would be a better limiting factor rather than being able to spray everyone.

-Again i think the game would benefit from a few more players as well, not just 11 if we can get it.
Bayraktar!!!!