Far Cry 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Grifman

Far Cry 4

Post by Grifman »

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-release-date-kyrat/

Announced today, Far Cry 4 will release this year on November 18 in the US and November 20 in EMEA territories. The game will be available on both generations of consoles – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 – along with Windows PC.

Taking a sharp turn away from the lush island jungles of the top-rated Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 is set in Kyrat, an untamed region currently ruled by a despotic self-appointed king. But don’t be lulled into a false sense of security by the achingly beautiful views; Kyrat is a wild land full of perils. Once again, players will be able to craft their own stories as they travel through this exotic open world teeming with wildlife – using their wits along with an assortment of powerful weapons and diverse vehicles.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

Development on Far Cry 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Kiev.

For an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4, be sure to tune in to Ubisoft’s media briefing at E3.
I really enjoyed FC3 so I am looking forward to this.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
jztemple2

Re: Far Cry 4

Post by jztemple2 »

I've been happy with every version so far, even Far Cry 2, which a lot of folks avoided, so I'm looking forward to it as well.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
naednek

Post by naednek »

jztemple2 wrote:I've been happy with every version so far, even Far Cry 2, which a lot of folks avoided, so I'm looking forward to it as well.
farcry 2 would have been near perfect if it didn't suffer from enemy respawning. I can understand it happening after quitting a gaming session, but respawning once you leave the area that you just cleared out minutes before just ruined it.

With that said, Farcry 3 was awesome.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

naednek wrote:farcry 2 would have been near perfect if it didn't suffer from enemy respawning. I can understand it happening after quitting a gaming session, but respawning once you leave the area that you just cleared out minutes before just ruined it.
I didn't see this as a problem. I considered that all the checkpoints were linked by radio and if a scheduled call-in was missed a team would be sent. I guess because I always played lone wolf style in other games, like the Rainbow series, it came naturally to me. However it is handled in FC4 I think I'll be fine with it.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Steam pre-purchase up. $59.99 for regular, $89.99 for Gold.
The Far Cry 4 Gold Edition includes the Limited Edition & The season pass. It is designed for any fans and new comers who want the most complete game experience on Far Cry 4

Pre-purchase now to receive Hurk’s Redemption Missions consisting of 60 minutes of gameplay including, 3 extra missions and 1 exclusive weapon.
Also, drop-in coop.
Far Cry 4 allows for a second player to drop in and drop out at any point, re-imagining the cooperative experience in the true spirit of Far Cry for the next generation.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Steam pre-purchase up. $59.99 for regular, $89.99 for Gold.
No longer for sale on Steam. Because Ubisoft hates you :evil:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote:Also, drop-in coop.
Sounds uncomfortable.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

It's back on Steam, as is The Crew, and AssCreedUnity.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those who don't mind not getting the game through Steam, there is a VIP sale at Green Man Gaming where you can pick up FC4 for 20% off.
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

Just an FYI to anyone with a Nvidia SLI setup, hold off on this game for a patch or updated drivers. Big fan of the series and got FC4 on launch, but the graphical issues are so bad it's currently unplayable. Problems include image ghosting, stuttering and game killing crushed blacks that make it so dark you can't see anything at night or in shadows.

As far as I know these problems (especially the crushed blacks) are specific to Nvidia SLI setups and disabling SLI can alleviate some of the problems. Obviously though for a graphically demanding game disabling hardware isn't ideal.

From what I've played the game itself seems great, but like many new releases (especially from Ubisoft as of late) you're better off waiting until some of the bigger kinks have been ironed out.

So in short if you like Far Cry 3 you should like this game, but only once it's properly patched and some new drivers get released.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Windows95 wrote:Just an FYI to anyone with a Nvidia SLI setup, hold off on this game for a patch or updated drivers.
That's one of the reasons I avoided an SLI option when I got my computer earlier this year. It seems like game makers keep overlooking or ignoring SLI/Crossfire requirements.

I'm through the Prologue and the First Chapter and still enjoying it a lot. Some observations... eagles are really, really scary... it's easier to stop a tank than a rhino... most all of the wonderful creatures of the forest are dedicated to trying to kill you... and honey badgers are freaking evil.

But the flowers are pretty! :D
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

To go slightly off topic, I’ve actually had no problems with the dual GPU setup until Far Cry 4. I’ve been using a GeForce GTX 690 (which is actually a dual GPU card) for just over a year now. And in fairness to Ubisoft the problems here seem to be some bad drivers from Nvidia (go figure, it’s supposed to be a Nvidia game). Apparently the problem only manifested itself on the driver released by Nvidia for FC4. :roll:
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Got this for free with my laptop purchase. It's pretty on everything ultra. Gameplay wise I'm not very far along but I'm enjoying myself so far. Not a fan of having to kill wolves though.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You don't have to kill wolves. I don't recall any story missions where you MUST kill them. You are free to let them chew on you until you die or run away.... same with most anything else in the game.

Unless wolf skins are used for opening a weapon slot... those are really pretty necessary.

I got the point where I was told, "finish stuff up because you probably won't get the opportunity after you start this next mission."

I think I am around 80% complete. Loved the game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

If a wolf attacked you in real life, wouldn't you protect yourself?

If you needed a bigger wallet in real life, and the only way to get that wallet was to kill a wolf, wouldn't you do it?

It's just like real life. You have to do it for survival. Don't let it get you down.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Very first mission is to destroy the wolf den so you can craft a bigger bag for a sidearm I believe it is.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My only gripe with the game is that the animal attacks are WAY too frequent. Yes, I know there are syringes you can craft to ward off animals, but that's a pain in the ass. And I don't necessarily mind animal attacks if you're traipsing about in the wilderness on your own where you deserve to get jumped. But there should be some logic in there that animals don't attack if you're in the middle of a mission or engaged with human enemies. It is SO annoying to be in an intense firefight and a freaking honey badger or something starts gnawing on you right in the middle of it. What makes it worse is that most animals take an incredibly unrealistic amount of ammo to bring down. There's no way I should have to shoot a tiger five times with a high caliber sniper rifle to kill it, or empty a machine gun clip into a wild dog.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

tjg_marantz wrote:Very first mission is to destroy the wolf den so you can craft a bigger bag for a sidearm I believe it is.
You will need to kill some guard dogs along the way as well. :(
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Yup.
Only other thing I don't like, and it seems to be in every sequel, is that they add too many things your guy can do. Every sequel just piles it on and it add very little to the core gameplay.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Amazon has the game for $30 today only.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just got it and beat it in 15 minutes for the best ending.
Spoiler:
Right at the start when Pagan kidnaps you and goes off to torture the guy and asks you to stay...actually stay there around the table. A few minutes later he will return and you can take your mom's ashes and lay them to rest. That is THE best ending to the game. I want a DLC that picks up right there when Pagan talks about going and shooting some guns haha. That would rock to team up with him and take down the Golden Path.

I am actually hesitant to go play the whole game now. I like Pagan and I know the endings other than this one are not near as kool. I dont like those choices.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got this 3 days ago...beat it at the start...and haven't been able to make myself play it normal yetr because I have to fight against the cool guy and with the two assholes in the game. WTH.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Shameless fix, but that's how I read it:
Daehawk wrote:... because I have to fight against the cool guy with two assholes in the game.
Good lord. What kind of weapon did you need to take him down?
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Giles Habibula wrote:Shameless fix, but that's how I read it:
Daehawk wrote:... because I have to fight against the cool guy with two assholes in the game.
Good lord. What kind of weapon did you need to take him down?
Harpoon?
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh good lord I didn't notice how that came. Your requoting made me laugh so hard I snorted....
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A few thoughts after doing the first couple missions.

I love autodrive. Turn it on then just use the gas and the car will follow the road. Handy if , like me, you snack while on the road :)

The female radio announcer for the towers sounds just like the one from Battlefield Vietnam...who I F'N HATED hehe. She is just as annoying here.

Crafting is so much easier and better now.

The graphics are beautiful. More than videos showed.

They still use the mouse wheel for throwable item choosing..ARGHHHH F ME!!!!!!. I want to use it to cycle weapons...ie GUNS!! I dislike...intensely dislike that.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For God's sake why can't I use weapons inside my safe house!!!??? Theres an annoying as hell villager in there that yells and moans every time I go in that one "They killed my father help me!!" ALL THE TIME. I dont wantto do that quest because its an assassination mission using a SMG. I dont want to replace my weapons with a smg for a single mission. I just want to kill him so he can go be with his father. :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How does one change arrow type? I have fire arrows and I think explosive ones but see no way to switch to them.
Ive learned to hunt big game from the air with the grenade launcher when I can...yaks, rhino, bear, and elephant. Fish too ;P Fish bite your balls off.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

This is on sale on Steam for $35, FYI. Sale ends Monday, 4/20.

I really want to get it, but with the recent rush of releases, I have no time to play it.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Still too much
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Am I doing something wrong in Shangri La? It says to have the tiger attack enemies all I do is target them and hold/hit mouse 4. Ive tried and tried and it never works. Im having to do all the killing,.,,,it never targets them. Im sure the tiger would attack if I could target them.

Also why cant I kill those damn annoying bastards in my safe houses!!! hahahah. God they blab and when and cry and never shut up unless you do their quests which i dont usually.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone ever took the time to peruse Pagan's guide book? It reads just like if it was North Korea.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I noticed my nickname on the door of the truck I was getting into....

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Been playing only this since around 5pm yesterday so now over 15 hours and still having a blast. I just died by wingsuiting into a tree that ran out in front of me.

Running propaganda missions and am going to do the arena next. Haven't been there except for the first fight. I need to do it because 1 its fun and 2 it will unlock a weapon I think.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still not liking the story and still not understanding why they made it this way. Why am I forced to work for either a whiny bitch or a religious nut? Im Ajay Ghale. The son of former leader Mohan Ghale. I should be the leader. They should be working for ME. As it is I might as well be a hobo off the street because having me as this great leaders son gets me nothing at all. The story seems all wrong. Either let me join Pagan Min and wipe them both out or let me join the rebels as their returned leader and wipe out Pagan Min. Simple. Its just senseless as written.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

OMG shut up you blabbing radio DJ!!!!

I have not been able to listen to music in a car ride in the last 2/3 of the game Ive played. Every time I get in he stars blabbing the same tired old speech that he has done a million times before. I like some of the music. Why can I not shut him up so I can listen to the music in game? Why add some cool music and have that guy talk over it ALL the time?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Finally got past that bird in Shangri La!! Damn bird demon thing. Not much left to do.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote:Finally got past that bird in Shangri La!! Damn bird demon thing. Not much left to do.
Yup, that was a pain in the ass.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter