Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Night 3

Post by Lassr »

Remus
Chaos
Semaj
Rev? Or RMC?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Rebels Win

Post by bb2112 »

I am going to call the game right here. Except for Isgrimnur all the specials for the Empire are dead. The night kill is going to happen no matter who the Rebels choose and that puts the teams at even.

Rebels Win - Total Victory

Meet Team Good Empire

Emperor Palpatine: The Emperor did not get to where he is by being stupid. One time each night he can scan a player and discern their true identity. If he scans Mara Jade before Luke Skywalker, then Mara will permanently be an Imperial. If the Emperor scans Mara after Mara has been scanned by Luke, he will be told that he found Mara and she is a traitorous Rebel.

Purge - Killed by the village Day 1

Darth Vader: Vader has the one time ability to use the force to choke someone to death. The choke will reveal Vader's identity. Vader has a special bond with Luke and once each night he can scan for Luke. The result of the scan will be reported either he found Luke or not.

Isgrimnur - Choked Nute Gunray Day 1

Boba Fett: Boba may protect one player from a lynch one time in the game. This protection has a 30% chance of revealing his identity. If he is protecting himself, there is a 100% chance of revealing his identity. If the protection is successful, day will immediately turn to night. Boba's PM to the mod on the protection must occur before the final vote. Once the final vote is cast, the lynch will occur. Boba can also protect one player at night, but cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.

Theohall - Killed by Rebels Night 1

Nute Gunray: He can avoid a lynch once per game. He can also avoid a night kill once per game. If the subject of his first lynch, the day will immediately turn to night. If night, the rest of the night actions happen as normal, and the Rebels will be told the failure was due to their target hiding.

Scoop20906 - Killed by Vader Day 1

Emperor’s Royal Guard: You guys all look really cool. Just don’t kill the Emperor. That would be tacky and it will be really difficult to acquire future employment with that on your resume. “Yeah, we did a great job protecting the old guy right up until we all got together, took out our blasters, and blasted the crap out of the geezer.” Not cool. However, not to fret too much, you will still win if the Emperor is dead as long as you eliminate the rebel menace. If you can’t even manage to do that, then don’t worry about future employment. Everyone else is just collateral damage, therefore, who cares.

Semaj
Newcastle - Master Assassin of all that is good
Lagom Lite - Killed Day 2
Lassr
Tru1cy - Killed Night 2
Vorret - Canadian, and Killed Day 3
Revhempus71

Meet Team Evil Rebels

Han Solo: Han can block a protection once per game from any player that has the protection ability. To initiate the block, he just PM’s the Mod the name of the person he wants to block and the block is automatic. The block is effective if made on the person initiating the protection or receiving the protection. This block can happen day or night.

RMC - Used his block ability on Vader during the confusion of day 3 while the village was masterfully killing a Canadian

Leia Organa: Leia has a stun bot the size of a syringe hidden somewhere on her body. Use your imagination. During the day, one time this game, she can program the bot to fly in and stun one person without revealing her identity. That person will be silenced for the day and the following night, but will wake up the following day cycle. If part of the “Wolf” contingent, she cannot use this ability on any of the Rebel forces.

Remus West - Never bothered to use her power

Admiral Ackbar: If the Admiral is about to be lynched and he is part of the village contingent, before the lynch can take place the moderator will declare Admiral Ackbar’s identity and he cannot be lynched that day. Admiral Ackbar also has a secret agenda that will be PM’d to him at the beginning of the game.

Secret Agenda: If there are no votes on you during the day, you get a scan at night. You cannot reveal this to anyone, not even your team. If you do, it could be a trap.

Moliere - He managed to accomplish his secret agenda on Day 2 and 3. Day 1 he was foiled by Scoop.

R2D2: Can adjust the vote counting computers by adding 3 lynch votes to one player one time during the game. This vote, once cast cannot be changed. There has to be at least 7 players left in the game for R2 to use his votes. Players will not be notified the extra votes have been placed. This use will not reveal R2D2’s identity.

ChaosRaven - Never bothered to use his power
Last edited by bb2112 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

What is funny is at the start of the game the Rebels were claiming they were screwed because their powers sucked.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Total Rebel Victory

Post by Lassr »

Wow, just wow.

Vader killed Nute. Boba taken out that night. We lost all specials on day/night one. Has to be a new record. (Vader lost his powers after day 1)

I was fairly confident that Remus and Chaos were rebel, thought Vorret might be one and was not as sure about the other.

meh...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Meh....
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Moliere

Re: Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Day 3

Post by Moliere »

Moliere wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Also the fact there is not "strutting" of having won the game makes me think we might have just nabbed a rebel.
strutting now would be dumb because they could hit Nute or a protected tonight. Now are you saying the rebels are dumb? :P
I took it as a trap post hoping to trick someone into revealing too much. :naughty:

Meanwhile we get to enjoy a little pre-night post-lynch speculation until bb shows up to confirm Vorret's status.
I warned you!

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I found it funny that most people suspected CR and RW of being evil but for some reason the group could never get it together and actually vote for them.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I also liked in the wolf forum how CR called the fact that NC was going to Scoop Purge on day one. All the rebels had to do was make sure Purge got N-1.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:What is funny is at the start of the game the Rebels were claiming they were screwed because their powers sucked.
Our powers did suck. Non-participation by a large section of the Empire and non-posting even by those that were around caused them to fall apart. That and taking out half their own specials during the first day. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:Wow, just wow.

Vader killed Nute. Boba taken out that night. We lost all specials on day/night one. Has to be a new record. (Vader lost his powers after day 1)

I was fairly confident that Remus and Chaos were rebel, thought Vorret might be one and was not as sure about the other.

meh...
When the wolves were talking about killing Theo night one, I was thinking, good, now Theo can self protect and the Empire can get some kind of victory after the debacle of Day 1. But Theo thought he wasn't on anyone's radar, so he protected Isgrimnur. I totally get what he was thinking, I might have tried to do the same thing. It was just another unfortunate occurance for the Empire.

This game was like watching a train wreck in extremely slow motion. I found myself yelling "No." A lot.
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:Wow, just wow.

meh...
When the wolves were talking about killing Theo night one, I was thinking, good, now Theo can self protect and the Empire can get some kind of victory after the debacle of Day 1. But Theo thought he wasn't on anyone's radar, so he protected Isgrimnur. I totally get what he was thinking, I might have tried to do the same thing. It was just another unfortunate occurance for the Empire.

This game was like watching a train wreck in extremely slow motion. I found myself yelling "No." A lot.
Mistake is what that was on my part. As big a mistake as force-choking someone based on a time and event, instead of waiting for results and then making a decision. And I was certain Remus was Rebel after his wait for the deadline post. Why so many ignored that bothered me. Suspected Chaosraven, but not certain. Had no clue on RMC and Moliere.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Told you I was a simple employee.
Man that recap makes my head hurt, crazy badluck all around
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I kept hoping that I would get to Lynch Remus and at least give me some semblance of being a faithful empire croney.

And then I would get to pull out the, "Damn Straight, I shot first." But it just didn't work out that way..

I'll Lynch you next time Remus. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I should have set the choke to trigger only in the even that the day ended without a lynch.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:I'll Lynch you next time Remus. :)
Probably not. I doubt I'll play again. The low level of participation from such a large proportion of the players just makes it not a fun game.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:I found it funny that most people suspected CR and RW of being evil but for some reason the group could never get it together and actually vote for them.
I wanted to vote Chaosraven on the last day but when Newcastle then listed me as suspected Rebel I knew I would have a hard time getting a train started and let Issy decide. Vorret was on my list so I didn't argue. Thought if he was we could probably get Remus the next day if we had the opportunity then I would worry with Chaos if the opportunity arose.

Remus survived because he was participating. That's how silent hurt us.

Black Lives Matter
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:I'll Lynch you next time Remus. :)
Probably not. I doubt I'll play again. The low level of participation from such a large proportion of the players just makes it not a fun game.
Bad timing? Nice weather? I'm thinking that's the reason... I know I said this earlier but Scoop's game was fine and for some reason this one was dead silent. I say we hold off on game until October-ish.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I found it funny that most people suspected CR and RW of being evil but for some reason the group could never get it together and actually vote for them.
I wanted to vote Chaosraven on the last day but when Newcastle then listed me as suspected Rebel I knew I would have a hard time getting a train started and let Issy decide. Vorret was on my list so I didn't argue. Thought if he was we could probably get Remus the next day if we had the opportunity then I would worry with Chaos if the opportunity arose.

Remus survived because he was participating. That's how silent hurt us.
Yeah, it use to be one or two silents in a game. Then a good handful of limited participation(I am one of those), and then the ones that dominate the discussion. It seems that we have had a shift to the silents, and limited participation.

Silent use to be a way to hide if you were a special, but now it has become too common in the early going, and is just a liability.

Maybe you could make some type of rule to reward posting, and hurt silents. But not sure how you could make something like that work.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I was preparing for semajing.. (semajulation) and vorret was already at n-1
Quite a few times by the time I really could do anything, ie wake up, have time to seriously read the little writing there was, there was a train and I wanted to see the results.

That being said, I had newcastle pegged, I was shocked no one wanted him dead (or 2 people did) Chaosraven was a strong suspect and Remus was top 4 because his trains never went anywhere.

Had no clue about rmc... I would have had to go back, read and hope on that one.

I just was irritated at the complete lack of things to work with this game.....

course when half the participating players are bad, its very hard to win.

Enough with the excuses... well played bad guys, you pretty much annihilated. Which, joking intended, was just show up and lets us loose on each other.

Maybe we can lower the number of players in the future and people who dont think they can make it or are super busy can not feel the need to join in so others can play.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

as I said we need to recruit fresh blood to revive these games.

Need a recruitment thread in the EBG forum.

Enlarge Image

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote: Isgrimnur - Choked Nute Gunray Day 1
:lol:
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Well, that stunk.

Really got/am irritated at the lack of participation overall. Since its folks chiming in and talking that drives these games. Yeah i know some of you were busy (revs dad in hospital ie), and so forth. But when it seems most people cant be bothered to participate in some level or another there really is no game to be played. I mean the game is only as strong as the lowest poster to a degree.

Not sure if its burnout, or people think they know each others styles, or whatever it is. But this game really bummed me out with how it played out participation wise.

Also sucks the top three posters were killed off first. Probably should have killed off lagom or truicy first, but even then it really shouldnt have to come down to the village self-regulating to eliminating the non participants. People should want to chime in and post and say "sup" or whatever. I dont think any rule we'll devise can create that desire, people have to be motivated to participate, even if they are the royal guard.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Oh i do apologize to purge for scooping him. That was a pretty dumb move. I admit it, just scooping in general is probably a silly thing to do; but you do have to admit it prevents any evil person from saying "hey i'm xxx special"....too bad it was the emperor this time...ooops.

Yeah, so kids who are watching this at home...all...
oh...
/looks at ratings

...uhm never mind...scooping is bad...scooping is bad

Was pretty solid on remus being on team evil. thought CR was too...rmc i had an inkling...moliere...not a clue...anyway...
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:Admiral Ackbar: If the Admiral is about to be lynched and he is part of the village contingent, before the lynch can take place the moderator will declare Admiral Ackbar’s identity and he cannot be lynched that day. Admiral Ackbar also has a secret agenda that will be PM’d to him at the beginning of the game.

Secret Agenda: If there are no votes on you during the day, you get a scan at night. You cannot reveal this to anyone, not even your team. If you do, it could be a trap.

Moliere - He managed to accomplish his secret agenda on Day 2 and 3. Day 1 he was foiled by Scoop.
I used my only scan opportunity on Newcastle, hoping to explain his scooping behavior. I was surprised when he came back as a regular Imperial Guard.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Admiral Ackbar: If the Admiral is about to be lynched and he is part of the village contingent, before the lynch can take place the moderator will declare Admiral Ackbar’s identity and he cannot be lynched that day. Admiral Ackbar also has a secret agenda that will be PM’d to him at the beginning of the game.

I used my only scan opportunity on Newcastle, hoping to explain his scooping behavior. I was surprised when he came back as a regular Imperial Guard.
and thats why i scoop!
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I really want to know Scoop's reaction to his own death. Playing Gunray, who couldn't be lynched or night killed right away must have felt like a dream come true......then BAM! Dead. :shock: :lol:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:oops:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote::oops:
I don't know who was more valuable to the Rebellion, Vader or Newcastle. :P
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:I don't know who was more valuable to the Rebellion, Vader or Newcastle. :P
:lol:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote::oops:
I don't know who was more valuable to the Rebellion, Vader or Newcastle. Image
Well i am a rebel at heart.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Flawless Victory.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

It was pretty comical how many posts were people complaining that there weren't enough posts.
RMC

Post by RMC »

And I am not sure, but I don't think any of us good guys even lead any votes to offing people.

I kept pushing for Remus, and think I agreed to go after Chaos, at least once.

Really wish I could have shot first...
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I was happy to warn everyone of a trap without getting called out as a Rebel. :ninja:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:I was happy to warn everyone of a trap without getting called out as a Rebel. :ninja:
I was very surprised nobody said anything about that. :lol:
purge

Post by purge »

Newcastle, you've failed me for the last time....

:hawk: :lol:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

purge wrote:Newcastle, you've failed me for the last time....

Hey don't blame me if you did a horrible job hiding your specialness... :horse:

/kneels
"your majesty"
Bayraktar!!!!

purge

Post by purge »

Newcastle wrote:
purge wrote:Newcastle, you've failed me for the last time....

Hey don't blame me if you did a horrible job hiding your specialness... :horse:

/kneels
"your majesty"

I thought my specialness was simply a given, and widely accepted.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:I really want to know Scoop's reaction to his own death. Playing Gunray, who couldn't be lynched or night killed right away must have felt like a dream come true......then BAM! Dead. :shock: :lol:
I still haven't recovered.

I had a guaranteed power to allow me to run my mouth as much as a wanted and ... :o
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:oops: