Portal Stories: Mel (on Steam)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Portal Stories: Mel (on Steam)

Post by jztemple2 »

Portal Stories: Mel is a free mod for Portal 2.
Portal Stories: Mel is a community made, free modification for Portal 2 based in the Portal universe. It tells the story of Mel, who meets a new personality core and faces an undiscovered threat to the Aperture facility.
Portal Stories: Mel is a community made, free modification for Portal 2 based in the Portal universe.
It tells the story of Mel, who meets a new personality core and faces an undiscovered threat to the Aperture facility.

1952, in the early years of Aperture: Science Innovators, Cave Johnson’s scientists experimented with whatever they wanted. Not everything worked as it should have though, but that wasn't going to get in the way of the progress of Science! Mel unfortunately took part in a faulty test called the Aperture: Science Innovators Short-Term Relaxation Vault, falling asleep for years. When she finally wakes, there is a fake Cave Johnson telling her she needs to escape the facility and a new device called the Aperture Handheld Portal Device, her mind races with questions. “Who is this imposter Cave Johnson?” “What happened to the facility and its staff?”

"What happened to me?"

Main Features

22 levels, with an estimated gameplay time of ~6-10 hours
Custom Story with 350 separate in-game voicelines
Over an hour of custom music with the Free soundtrack included
Huge amount of custom assets
27 steam achievements
Standalone mod (You do not need Portal 2 installed to play)
Free to Play (You must own Portal 2)
Logic based puzzles, not execution based puzzles
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Re: Portal Stories: Mel (on Steam)

Post by Isgrimnur »

Finished this one up tonight. It is a really good game for anyone missing out on Portally goodness.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Portal Stories: Mel (on Steam)

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'd like to give it a go but it'll probably take me an hour to relearn the mechanic and controls..
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT