Age of Decadence

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Avenger

Age of Decadence

Post by Avenger »

This looks interesting. It is an indie title. Just a heads up.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/" target="_blank
Avenger

Re: Age of Decadence

Post by Avenger »

Oh sorry there is already a thread here.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Avenger wrote:Oh sorry there is already a thread here.
You mean the one from '07 or '08? Maybe it's time for another look at this PS:T wannabe.
The combat demo r3 (revision 3) is impossible to win. I've tried to defeat the unarmored-thief-with-a-dagger around fifty times.
If you can beat him let me know what weapons/armor/techinique you used.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I think it's okay to start a new thread when the other one is three years old. Anyway - reading stuff on their forums, it looks like it might actually be released sometime this year.
Holman

Post by Holman »

RPS has something here.

This is the first I've heard of this game.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I played the previous demo, or something. It does look interesting, but as others have said, it's been in development for almost forever. I'll check back and and actually look into it when it finally gets released.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

It's been released on Steam...any takers?
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

I'm very interested in it but am going to wait for some impressions and possibly a sale before pulling the trigger.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm intrigued by the game's emphasis on story over combat to the extent that one can actually finish it without even a tussle. I may bite during the holiday sale.
Covfefe!
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm with hepcat. Right now W2DC is scratching my RPG itch, so I just wishlisted Age of Decadence and figure it will be on sale at some point over the holidays.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

W2DC?

I am just flabbergasted that AoD actually released. Almost a decade ago I was reading about this game, thinking it sounded pretty cool. By this point, I figured it was vaporware.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

baelthazar wrote:W2DC?

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

coopasonic wrote:
baelthazar wrote:W2DC?

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut?
Yessir
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

My preliminary order of operations. W2DC, D:OSEE, UVII, WBotCF, WCotDS, Wiz8, D:OS2, PT, AoD

Even if these old school rpgs only come out rarely I still can't keep up.
Spoiler:
Wasteland 2: DC, Divininty Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Ultima VIII, Wizardry Bane of the Cosmic Forge, Wizardry Crusaders of the Dark Savant, Wizardry 8, Divinity Original Sin 2, Planescape Torment, Age of Decadence.
xenocide

Post by xenocide »

Loving the game so far. Playing a combat character fist time through. The amount of different options and story lines is really nice. Combat is hard but not undo-able, I like it. I've played Wasteland 2, Pillars of E, DD: original Sin, Risen 3, etc and for me Age of Decadence is a contender for best game I've played this year. If you're on the fence IMO you should jump off and get the game.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I liked the conversation trees... kinda reminds me of Torment.
Plays more like a point'n'click adventure - always looking for dem hotspots. Otherwise the environments are stark and non-interactive.
Skill points are handed out like candy. Where you use them determines a pass/fail on conversations choices, etc.
Somehow I managed to dead-end on all my questlines, probably from misplacing skill points.
Uninstalled.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Any more recent feedback on the game since it's on a Steam sale for $7.49.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

I took a look at this when Gog had it on sale for like $5 recently but after reading about the game I said 'No...thank you.'. Doing away with inventory, encumbrance etc. is like getting rid of stats and their improvement and still calling it a roleplaying game IMO.
"I am in a very peculiar business...I travel all over the world telling people what they should already know." - James "The Amazing" Randi
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Found the strength in this game for me playing as a Merchant who relies on Persuasion and must avoid fights. The ability to talk your way out of fights is an aspect I've always enjoyed in RPG; the absolute reliance on this ability once you choose that path is great fun.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.