Games Finished 2015 Edition

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Jolor

Post by Jolor »

In the grand tradition of good intentions and OCD, let the (list of) games begin!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005

Finished
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
The Walking Dead (400 Days)
Just Cause 2
Divinity: Original Sin (Thief & Assassin duo ... that morphed into a ranged & battlemage duo)
The Fall (episode 1)
Pillars of Eternity + The White March (Part 1)
Blackguards 2
Sniper Elite V2
Saints Row IV
Sword Coast Legends (campaign) - Ranger
Crysis 3
Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist

In Play
The Witcher 3 - The Wild Hunt

On Deck
Dragon Age Inquisition
Sniper Elite 3
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Steam Christmas Sale 2015
Last edited by LawBeefaroni on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Reason: Unstickied in 2016.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Blackhawk

Re: Games Finished 2015 Edition

Post by Blackhawk »

Fantastic! This year I hope to actually get some gaming in. Last year kind of went to pot, plus I ended up playing a lot of MMOs.

Consider reporting this thread to have the pin switched, btw.

Finished (PC unless specified):
  • Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor (PS4)
  • The Stanley Parable (several times without realizing it)
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty
  • Crysis
  • The Last of Us (PS4)
  • The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS4)
  • The Walking Dead, Season 1, Episode 4
  • The Walking Dead, Season 1, Episode 5
  • Red Faction: Guerilla (360)
  • The Witcher 2
  • Gone Home
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • XCOM: Enemy Within
  • Far Cry 4 (PS4)
  • Fallout 3
  • Dear Esther
Playing:
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Awakening (PS3)
  • Fallout the Fourth
I just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition. What a fantastic game.

9/5 - Just finished Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Not bad, but my least favorite of the Borderlands games. It may just be that I've played the series too much, but I was very ready for it to end.

10/11 - Finished Far Cry 4 (a father's day present from my kids.) I really liked it (although I enjoyed Far Cry 3's setting and atmosphere a bit better.) I'm looking forward to seeing what Primal is all about.

10/17 - I 'finished' Fallout 3. I'm still puttering with the open world stuff, but I don't want to burn myself out before Fallout 4 hits.

10/26 - Gave up on Serious Sam 3. Played Dear Esther, and holy crap, what a great game.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:25 am, edited 16 times in total.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Grabbing my spot for the year!

Finished!
-Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - 1/2/15 - 4 hours
-One Finger Death Punch - 1/18 - 6 hours. Finished Student mode, may noodle around in Master a bit, but I suspect I've kind of seen this one as far as I'm likely to. I dig it as a timewaster.
-Bulletstorm - 1/24 - 8 hours
-The Talos Principle - 1/24 - 17 hours
-I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream - 2/3 - 6 hours - Super old school. Wound up using a walkthrough for probably half of it, because figuring out the solutions required a lot of trial by error and trial by death and reload.
-Blackwell Legacy - 2/4 - 3 hours?
-Blackwell Unbound - 2/6 - 3 hours
-Life is Strange Ep 1 - 2/7 - 4 hours
-Dragon Age: Origins - 4/1 - ~50 hours?
-Captain Toad - 4/19 - who knows how long - Rolled credits, still have bonus levels, but not loving them, so stopping.
-Dragon Age Origins: Awakening - 4/29/15 - 15 hours? Dunno.
-Life is Strange Ep 2 - 4/25/15 - 3 hours
-DmC w/DLC - 5/2/15 - 12 hours - Base game was really good, DLC was just a string of boring arena fights in the same environments and not worth the time.
-Dragon Age 2 - 6/6/15 - 43 hours
-Life is Strange Ep 3 - 6/14/15
-Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - 6/21/15 - Technically I didn't finish the final fight. Got to the very last step, and never saw a button prompt I was supposed to to finish it. When I died, I would've had to go back to the overworld to re-buy potions, then go through 20 minutes of sub-boss fights just to get back to the main boss fight. That wasn't happening, so I'm declaring it done. Still really not my favorite Zelda.
-Tengami - 6/18/15 - 2 hours - Really pretty, some of the puzzles required some logic/knowledge leaps, and the character moves SO SLOWLY.
-Her Story - 7/13/15 - 3 hours - This was great. I didn't see ALL the clips, but I saw enough to feel comfortable with the conclusions I came to. More like this!
-Dragon Age: Inquisition - 9/15/15 - 100 hours - And thus ends the Dragon Age Project. What a ride. I'm leaving this installed in the hopes of one day picking up the DLCs, hopefully for less than $45.
-The Beginner's Guide - 10/11/15 - 90 minutes - Still processing, but very good.
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 11/28/15 - 77 hours - This was definitely my favorite Metal Gear game, possibly because it was the least Metal Gear game of the series.
-Tales from the Borderlands - 12/5/15 - 12 hours
Last edited by Chaz on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 21 times in total.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Finished Baldur's Gate (EE) for the first time last year.
This year I'm making a run at mostly Bioware games. Not.

Games Finished
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 2/21/15 - AAA...A What a great way to kick off a new year of gaming! My last save said 182 hours - 20 of those hours standing around waiting for my force points to regenerate. :lol:

Book One: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Devourer of Souls - 9/20/15 - A ...a long title, a short game. 33 hours as measured by the Steamometer on easy difficulty. I won a regeneration ring which made my ironclad character practically invincible. Never used one skill point for any active skills. I always appreciate it when an action rpg gives me a way to win. Nothing memorable storywise, but hey, I saw the credits :D

Two Worlds - 12/30/15 - AAA...A FP Diablo - awesome (s)killbuilds. Did just about all the side quests and finished in under 70 hours. Watched both goodguy/badguy endings. Now I heard Two Worlds 2 is much better...

Now Playing
Just over 24 hours left in this year to start and finish

Fallout 4
Divinity: Original Sin EE
Wasteland DC
Witcher 3
and Pillars of Eternity

Or make this my 2do list for 2016. ;)
Last edited by Dave Allen on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Ulee

Post by Ulee »

Hoping for a better year than 2014.

Finished

Currently Playing
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I've stickied this thread as per your request and "untethered" the previous thread, allowing it to sink into the depths. Happy 2015 y'all!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
disarm

Post by disarm »

Down to only four games in 2014...very rough year for gaming due to a new baby in May, and moving into a new home Labor Day weekend. I didn't even have a console or PC hooked up in our new house for almost three months. While I'm keeping busy pretty much all the time, I am missing my hobby a little. The good news is that we are settled into our new life enough that I finding time again. With some really great games to catch up on and the new consoles starting to hit their stride, I have high hopes for 2015

Finished

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - March 11

In Progress

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Last edited by disarm on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I don't think I've participated in this thread before but...

Finished

Playing

World of Warcraft
Out of the Park 2015

Oh, right - it's because the games I play never end :oops:
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Games Finished

This War of Mine - 8/10 (January)
Grey Goo - 7.5/10 (February)
Ori and the Blind Forest - 9/10 (March)
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move - 6/10 (April)
Pillars of Eternity - 8/10 (June)
Grow Home - 6/10 (June)
Infinifactory - 8.5/10 (July)
The Magic Circle - 8/10 (July)
The Talos Principle - The Road to Gehenna - 8/10 (July)
Hand of Fate - 7.5/10 (July)
Broken Age Act 2 - 5.5/10 (August)
Shovel Knight - 8/10 (August)
A Story About My Uncle - 7/10 (August)
Plants Vs Zombies 2 - 7/10 (September)
Gunman Clive - 6/10 (September)
Alien: Isolation - 7.5/10 (September)
SOMA - 8.5/10 (October)
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - 8.0/10 (December)

Previous Years

2014 - 39 games finished
2013 - 46 games finished
2012 - 53 games finished
2011 - 38 games finished
2010 - 21 games finished
Last edited by Lordnine on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:18 am, edited 20 times in total.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

$iljanus wrote:I've stickied this thread as per your request and "untethered" the previous thread, allowing it to sink into the depths. Happy 2015 y'all!
Thanks!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Finished

1/1/15 - The Wolf Among Us
1/2/15 - Game of Thrones: Episode One
1/22/15 - Far Cry 3 (98.5%) - I'm calling this one complete. The only reason I didn't get 100% is that one skill and one weapon are locked behind leveling in the Arena, and I don't have any interest in multiplayer or challenge modes. I've done every main mission, side mission, and collectible, so that will have to suffice.
5/9/15 - Pillars of Eternity
5/12/15 - Typing of the Dead: Overkill
6/17/15 - Deadlight

In Progress

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Last edited by YellowKing on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Let the games begin . . . and end.

GAMES FINISHED
Midnight Mysteries: Dire Grove
Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief
Lords of Xulima
Nearwood
Might and Magic 10
Shadows: Price of Our Sins
Hero of the Kingdom
Hero of the Kingdom 2
Verde Station
The Promised land
Nightmare from the deep 3
Theater of the Absurb
Dark Arcana - the Carnival
Enigmatis The Ghost of Maple Creek
House of 1000 doors
Grim Legends

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Might and Magic 6
Mass Effect
Witcher 3

Last edited by D.A.Lewis on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
AKA: Dajjer
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

8/10 Mind: Path to Thalamus (PC) - Gorgeous visuals, some clunky physics/jumping and frustration but overall the clever puzzles are better than the corny story.
10/10 The Book of Unwritten Tales (PC) - It has problems but it doesn't matter, it does point-and-click as well as the best classics there ever were.
8/10 To the Moon (PC) - If it were easier to control and more cleverly interactive, I would rate it higher. As it is, it's more of a very good pixel art movie than a game.
9/10 Hexcells Infinite (PC) - Ignoring the puzzle generator, the handmade stages are probably the best pure logic puzzles on Steam
6/10 Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (PC) - All of this company's HO games are good quality. Get used to going back to old hotspots that become active again.
7/10 Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart (PC) - Great for a hidden object game, but no way to get every achievement except to play most of it twice.
6/10 Shan Gui: Sweet Osmanthus (PC) - Extremely short, completely non-interactive, and makes you feel a little perverted, but the artwork is beautiful.
7/10 Hare in the Hat (PC) - A two hour puzzle game that is really good if you want to play a two hour puzzle game. With puzzles. And nothing more to do after two hours.
7/10 Dev Guy (PC) - Free, one-hour adventure game that is basically a parody of the indie game development scene. Overlying adventure game with some funny mini-games.
5/10 Deus Ex Machina 2 (PC) - Weird, short, unique, it's Christopher Lee narrating while you basically watch a naked person age through 100 years of psychedelic nightmare.
7/10 Two Digits (PC) - I did all 250 puzzles it came with, got all achievements. It's a little basic and the levels don't feel any less random that the randomly generated levels.
7/10 Unheard Screams: King Leopold II's Rule Over the Congo (PC) - Text based strategy meets browser clicker game, telling the story of Belgian atrocities in the Congo.
7/10 Chains (PC) - Simple combination of physics and match-3. You wouldn't think so to look at it, but it has that satisfying feel, and the goals are just difficult enough.
5/10 Discouraged Workers (PC) - A mediocre visual novel. At least the writing was okay, but the game required almost no input and only had two scenes with choices.
9/10 Dr. Langeskov, the Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist (PC) - Short, free game that plays like The Stanley Parable demo. Play it!
10/10 Contradiction (PC) - A low-budget but fully-acted FMV, full HD, full-length (okay, 6-8 hours) adventure that was a super surprise, and I want a sequel.
8/10 Her Story (PC) - An experimental project that has garnered some hate from those expecting a game. Worth "playing" if you want to see something clever in FMV.
Last edited by JetFred on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:20 am, edited 19 times in total.
I have but one advocate.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Finished:
Shadow of Mordor PC (January)
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon PC (Feb)
Nation Red PC (Feb)
Fallout 4 - not finished but over 100 hours
Dragon Commander - gave up on this one....just didn't grab me but played a lot of hours
Banished - played a bunch, done with it....no real endgame
Mad Max - really fun, underrated game
witcher 2
fallen enchantress: legendary heroes
cities skylines

Neverending games:
Clash of clans IOS
Age of Empires II HD, minecraft, lego games - playing with my 2 kids
Rocksmith 2014 - really having fun here
Battlefield 4
Tom Clancy Ghosts

in work:
Age of Wonders III campaign
AC Black Flag
loren amazon princess
xcom enemy within
panzer corps
Dishonoured (got bored with this)
Conquistadors
Van Helsing
ME3
Deus Ex HR

On Deck:
Company of Heroes 2
Starcraft II expansion

list goes on.................................
Last edited by Enigma on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Now Playing:
XCOM, Huge backlog in the wings thanks a lot Steam!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

FINISHED
Commander: The Great War - Central Powers play-thru JAN
Transistor - FEB
Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal - MAR - didn't finish last level because it's the one and only timed mission and I found it frustrating.
Vietnam '65 - MAR (but now an updated version came out so I'm going to have to do it again sometime)
Portal 2 Co-Op, again - JUNE
Infested Planet - JUNE
Invisible, Inc - JULY - short game, finished multiple times on increasing difficulties. ...then played some more until late SEPTEMBER
Pike & Shot: Campaigns - AUG
Reverse Crawl - SEP
Hexcells - DEC

PLAYED ENDLESSLY
Chaos Reborn
Don't Starve Together
2014 - 4 games finished
2013 - 21 games finished
2012 - 12 games finished
2011 - 27 games finished
Last edited by Archinerd on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:25 am, edited 18 times in total.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Finished:
Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)
Costume Quest (PC)
Costume Quest 2 (PC)

In-Play:
Divinity Original Sin (PC) - going to restart for Enhanced Edition
Wasteland 2 (PC) - going to restart for Director;s Cut
Witcher 3 (PC)
GTAV (PC)

On-deck:
Elite: Dangerous (PC)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor (PS4)
Last edited by Cylus Maxii on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Currently playing:

PC/Mac:
War in the West

PS3:
[Nothing really at the moment]

PS Vita:

Nintendo 3DS XL

On the short list:
Wasteland 2 (one more game I have to pick up again and play more ...)
The Witcher - PC (started and then got stuck in the town)
Spec Ops: The Line - PC (started it)
Mass Effect 2 - PS3 (pretty far into the game, stopped playing for a few months now)
L.A. Noire - PS3 (played quite a bit but stopped due to traveling. It's not perfect but I like it)
Crysis - PC (almost at the end, need to finish)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The missing link - PC (loved the main game, need to finish this DLC)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent - PC (also started, want to play further)
Dragon Age: Origins - PC (pretty far into the game, I stopped playing. Hope I can pick it up again)

Completed:
Vietnam '65
Sniper Elite III
Last edited by ChuckB on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I am guessing my completed list will be much smaller at the end of this year than last, as I actually had a pretty good gaming year last year despite being very busy.

2014- 11 Games finished

Games Finished:
Halo 3 (XB1)

Currently Playing:
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Halo 4 (XB1)
Cities: Skylines (PC)
Forza Horizon 2 (XB1)
Fifa 14 (XB1)

Backlog:
New Super Luigi Wii U (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Chariot (XB1)

Abandoned
COD: Advanced Warfare (XB1)

And of course others that I am not sure I will even think about getting to.
Last edited by Chrisoc13 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieA

Post by EddieA »

Games Finished
=============
Beyond Gravity (PC) - 8 hours, 100% Steam achievements
Fairune (3DS) - 5 hours
Mario's Picross (Gameboy/3DS VC) - 25 hours
Game of Thrones Episode 2 : The Lost Lords, Episode 3 : The Sword in the Darkness, Episode 4 : Sons of Winter (PS4)
Run, Sackboy, Run (Vita) - 71% Trophies
The Walking Dead : Season Two (PS3) - 100% Trophies
The Wolf Among Us (PC)
inFamous : Second Son (PS4) - 70% Trophies
Crafting Mama (DS)
Her Story (PC) - 4 hours
Life Is Strange - Episode 1 : Chrysalis, Episode 2 : Out of Time (PS4)
Wolfenstein : The Old Blood (XBox One) - 19 hours, 740G
Funk of Titans (XBox One) - 1000G
Entwined (PS4) - 52% Trophies
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS4) - 28 hours, Platinum Trophy
Picross e3 (3DS) - 17 hours
Picbox (Vita) - 6 hours
Brunch Panic (3DS) - 7 hours
Rayman Legends (XBox 360) - 920G
Costume Quest 2 (PS4) - 91% Trophies
Professor Layton & The Unwound Future (3DS)

Casual Games Finished - 20 - Monsters University (mobile), Royal Envoy : Campaign For The Crown, Echoes of Sorrow, Lapland Solitaire, Delicious : Emily's New Beginning, Bloom, Mystika, Deadly Voltage : Rise of The Invincible, Bella Design, Mosaic : Game of Gods, Patchworkz, Runefall, Mystika 2 : The Sanctuary, Redemption Cemetery : Curse of The Raven, Club Control, Laruaville, Gizmos : Riddle of The Universe, Amelie's Cafe : Summer Time, Fantasy Mosaics 3, Grave Mania : Undead Fever
Last edited by EddieA on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Games finished:

DG 2
StarCraft II - Wings of Liberty (10/17/2015)

In active progress:

Stalled:
Last edited by Pyperkub on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Blackguards DLC
Blackguards 2
Lords of Xulima
Pillars of Eternity
Evoland
Valiant Resurrection
The Tale of a Common Man
Undefeated
Asguaard
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 1
Divinity II Developers Cut
Divinity II Flames of Vengeance
Evoland 2
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Last edited by Jaymann on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Finished
  1. Analogue: A Hate Story (Jan 7, 97% log completion) Rating: 7/8 (opinion)
  2. Antichamber (Jan 18, completed without hints) Rating: 6/8 (opinion)
  3. Space Pirates and Zombies (Feb 15, Normal difficulty, default settings) Rating: 6/8 (opinion)
  4. Little Inferno (Feb 28, PC, 5.5 hrs) Rating: 5/8 (opinion)
  5. Narcissu 1st & 2nd (July 10, 9 hrs) Rating: 5/8: Insightful but tedious visual novels about the emotional struggles of the terminally ill.
  6. Luftrausers (July 15, PC, 7 hrs, best score 17230, best combo 16540) Rating: 6/8 (opinion)
  7. Gunpoint Exclusive Edition (Sep 3, 6.5 hrs) Rating: 4/8. The stealth puzzling didn't engage me, but I liked the attention to plot.
  8. Pac-Man 256 (Sep 11, iOS, high score 12851, all power-ups unlocked) Rating: 6/8 (opinion)
  9. Hatoful Boyfriend (Nov 26, 100% completion) Rating: 6/8 (opinion)
Rating system: 6-8 Heh; 4-5 Meh; 0-3 Bleh.

Playing (or in denial about having abandoned)
  1. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions: Stuck on a battle in the second chapter.
  2. Geneforge: Still early on in this slow but enjoyable RPG.
  3. Hate Plus: Continuing from Ending 5 of Analogue: A Hate Story.
  4. King of Dragon Pass: The mix of strategy and storytelling is not gelling for me.
  5. Luna Silver Star Story Touch: I'm halfway through, I hope.
  6. Myth II (AAR run): I lost interest but guilt might bring me back one day.
  7. Fallout: New Vegas: 20 hours in and still barely begun.
  8. The Last of Us Remastered: Playing on Hard, which makes the otherwise uninteresting action more puzzley.
  9. Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal: Finished the second set of planets.
Abandoned
  1. LittleBigPlanet 3: This came free with my PS4. I'm clearly not the target audience. I'll play user-made levels occasionally, as they can be fun, but the singleplayer campaign is unbearable.
  2. Stride and Prejudice: I struggle to read Pride and Prejudice, and hoped this app would help. It doesn't. Even as an endless runner, the book puts me to sleep.
  3. Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love: Could have been a deep and intriguing exploration game, but it's filled with ambiguities, unrewarding collectibles, and bugs.
  4. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden: Cheesy hidden object game with backdrops that are "inspired by" (or stolen from) Bioshock.
  5. Fallout Shelter: The text is too tiny to read on my iPhone 5. The game doesn't seem fun anyway.
  6. Does Not Commute: In each scenario, you drive one person at a time to his or her destination, but the whole scenario is simultaneous so you have to avoid the routes of the other people you've driven. Amusing and chaotic, but too tough; I've given up on the second scenario.
  7. Twenty: Like Threes, but with Tetris physics and time pressure. Doesn't control as well as it needs to, and gets annoying when tiles start getting latched to each other.
  8. ∞ Loop: Rotate lines and curves until they form unbroken glyph-like abstractions. OK if you want to turn off your brain.
  9. Papers, Please: Too much like my real job and I'm no good at it.
  10. Crossy Road: It's Endless Frogger. Nice-looking but boring. I'd rather play the original Frogger.
  11. The Bridge: Artsy puzzle-platformer in which you rotate the world to get your hero to the goal and avoid killer obstacles. Has Braid's rewind feature but none of Braid's fun.
Previous years (and # of finished games): 2006 (15); 2007 (14); 2008 (20); 2009 (23); 2010 (13); 2011 (15); 2012 (17); 2013 (25); 2014 (25)
Last edited by Hipolito on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Finished

The Longest Journey
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Dreamfall: Chapters (Book 1)
The Blackwell Deception
Blackwell Epiphany
The Shivah
Tales from the Borderlands (episode 1&2)
Game Of Thrones (episode 1&2)
Yesterday

Playing

XCOM: Enemy Within
Game Of Thrones (episode 3)
Dreamfall: Chapters (Book 2)
Year Walk
Pillars Of Eternity
Borderlands 2

Gave up on

Craft The World: played it mostly on iPad mini but slows down to a crawl after a while :(
Papi & Yo: Just not my style of game
Agarest: Generations of War : Just didn't grab me :0
Last edited by EzeKieL on Mon May 11, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
wanderingoutlaw

Post by wanderingoutlaw »

Finished:
Half-Life 2 - 10 years late but finally played it!
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - still playing it, but I've played enough to consider it finished
The Blackwell Legacy
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 2nd playthrough
Sid Meier's Civilization V (Brave New World) - still playing it, but I've played enough to consider it finished (and I still suck at it!)
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - technically a repeat but it's been so long since I played it I didn't remember much
Time Mysteries: Inheritance (Remastered)
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Borderlands - still playing occasionally
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
Pixel Puzzles: Japan
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - still playing occasionally
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Monster Loves You!
12 Labors of Hercules
Nightmares From The Deep: The Cursed Heart

Currently Playing:
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
XCOM: Enemy Within
The Walking Dead
Syberia
Desktop Dungeons

In the queue:
TES: Oblivion
Saints Row IV
Crusader Kings II
Expeditions Conquistador
Blackwell Unbound
Saints Row: The Third
Shadowgrounds
Shadowrun Returns
TES: Skyrim

Tried but abandoned
Saints Row 2
Deadlight - I really suck at platformers (esp. with keyboard/mouse controls)
Afterfall Insanity
Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Revenge of the Titans
Anomaly Defenders
Terraria
Left 4 Dead 2
Trapped Dead
Warlock 2: the Exiled
Coin Crypt
Tiny Keep
Last edited by wanderingoutlaw on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Glycerine

Post by Glycerine »

Civilization : Beyond Earth (PC)
Endless Legend (PC)
Diablo III : Ultimate Evil Edition - Hardcore (PS4)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Final Fantasy Anniversary (PSP)
Dark Souls II : Scholar of the First Sin (PS4)
Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
Castlevania : Symphony of the Night (PSP, 360)
Injustice : Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
The Witcher III : Wild Hunt (PS4)
Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PC)
State of Decay : Year One (PC)
Last edited by Glycerine on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Thanks Jolor, for putting in those links to the past lists, as I'm always curious to see what we were playing in years past. I know they are links to your personal lists, but they were very helpful to me anyway. IMO, every list from here on out should contain links to all the past lists.

04-12-15: "Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2". Yep, after working on it for over a year, it's finally completed! I really loved the first game in the series, so I was slightly disappointed with the sequel. At the beginning, for the most part, there are too many places where the game locks you down into a position where you cannot move, and that was enough to stall me for a long time. After the first couple of chapters though, things improved greatly, and it played a lot more like the first game. I'll rate it a 6.5 out of 10. Moving on now to the SP DLC, "Siberian Strike".

10-21-15: "SOMA". Enjoyed it quite a bit as an adventure-type game. Definitely moody and very story-focused.
Last edited by Giles Habibula on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Glycerine wrote:Civilization : Beyond Earth (PC)
I was actually finished with that one after 12 minutes. :wink:
Covfefe!
setaside

Post by setaside »

Alright, let's hop in here

Finished

Far Cry 3

Playing

Far Cry 4
The Order: 1886
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
SnarlQuigmire

Post by SnarlQuigmire »

Everything I play is on my 360

Finished:
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed III dlc-The Tyranny of King Washington

Currently playing:
Dragonball Xenoverse
WWE 2K15 dlc

Yet to start:
Assassin's Creed III Liberation
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Death from Below!
JakeCyclone

Post by JakeCyclone »

Finished for first time

9/10 Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (PC) This game is quite simplified relative to the first Amnesia, which makes this sequel much more fun.
10/10 Pajama Sam in No Need to Hide When Its Dark Outside (PC) A short, nostalgic adventure from my childhood that I never finished as a kid. Beautiful art.
9/10 BioShock (PC) Not my favorite classic, but definitely an inspiration for some of my most favorite games.
10/10 Serious Sam 3: BFE (PC) I am yet to encounter another FPS that makes me laugh so much.
9/10 The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PC) Fantastic visuals and very interesting story and gameplay.
8/10 Myst V: End of Ages (PC) All the Myst games are nostalgic for me, as my father introduced me to them when I was very young. This is the first one I've finished for myself.
10/10 Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island (PC) I've never been able to get enough of this masterpiece ever since my early childhood. Roughly a decade later, I finally completed it with no hints.
9/10 Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (PC) I enjoyed Serious Sam 3 only slightly more than this intense, comical, and modernized version of the original.
9/10 BioShock 2 (PC) Certainly an enjoyable and well-executed sequel to an already great game.
9/10 Home is Where One Starts... (PC) I am a big advocate of walking simulators, and this short, 30min. game is an excellent one.
10/10 Transistor (PC) This amazing game grew on me over time. I am very happy to have finished it. A work of art.
8/10 Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) One of the best in the AC series.
10/10 Dr. Langeskov, the Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist (PC) Play this! Very similar to Stanley Parable, only very short.
10/10 The Beginner's Guide (PC) A truly great idea with intriguing execution. Awesome.
10/10 Life is Strange (PC) Amazing. My final game of 2015, literally finished minutes before 2016.

Replayed

7/10 F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (PC) I enjoyed this sequel so much more just by lowering the resolution; that made weaker chapters more fun.
10/10 Dishonored (PC) A masterpiece no doubt. It leaves little material for the upcoming sequel to improve upon.
10/10 A Story About My Uncle (PC) A beautiful game with lovable characters and fantastic jumping puzzles.
10/10 Kentucky Route Zero (Acts I-III) [PC] Bizarre, yet amazing. Very dream-like.
10/10 The Stanley Parable (PC) Endless entertainment.
10/10 Lily Looking Through (PC) A cute puzzle game with fun levels, beautiful artwork, and enchanting music. Needs a sequel
8/10 Gone Home (PC) Every room is interesting and unique, and the story unfolds at your own pace, never making it boring.
10/10 The Walking Dead Season 1 (PC) One of the greatest adventure games of all time, as well as one of the best stories a video game has ever told.
10/10 The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC) A fantastic continuation of the first season, and just as respectable in nearly every way.
9/10 Mirror's Edge (PC) A fantastically fun free running game. I look forward to the coming sequel and the story it will have to offer.
10/10 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) The beginning of one of my most favorite console sagas ever.
10/10 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) A visual marvel. The best in the Uncharted series.
Last edited by JakeCyclone on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:03 am, edited 14 times in total.
We can make them feel better, we can get them some feta.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Hmmmm...

I don't recall if I've participated before. But I'll give it a try. Of course, I'm half way into the year. So I have to try and recall what I might have played recently...

In Progress (and mostly carried over from last year)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (not very far in)
Eador: Masters of the Broken World (the campaign)
The Witcher: EE (some day I'm actually going to finish this damn game)
World of Warcraft (blah)
Secret World
Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal

Finished
Borderlands 2 (UVHM)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat w/MISERY mod
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Baldur's Gate 2: EE
XCOM: Enemy Within (Normal)
Metro 2033 Redux (Ranger difficulty)
Fallout:New Vegas (ALL 4 DLC down!) (whew...)
Saints Row IV
Wasteland 2
Sentinels of the Multiverse (lots of times; single and multiplayer)
Kingdoms of Amalur (squeaks in under the wire)

I'm sure I've left out some that I dabbled with. As well as those that I may get back to eventually, but not for a long time.
Last edited by TheMix on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Finished:
Tengami
Gone Home
Serious Sam: The First Encounter [HD]
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (at 85% achievements completed... i'll come back to this after the expansion is released. i am done with it for now.)
Crimsonland [2014] (quest mode in all difficulty levels)

In Progress:
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter [HD]
The Talos Principle
Ittle Dew
Bravada
Ludoku
Valkyria Chronicles
Wreckfest [early-access, but i feel i've gotten my money's worth from online multiplayer already]

a high percentage of the games i'm playing are remade or remastered versions... weird
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Finished:
Borderlands the pre-sequel (still working on tvh mode)
Allen: Isolation (amazing)
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote:Games finished:

DG 2
StarCraft II - Wings of Liberty (10/17/2015)

In active progress:
Dominions 4 - for a long ways

Stalled:
Finished StarCraft II - Wings of Liberty finally!

Fun game - the campaign was pretty good - I had some trouble with a couple of the final missions - The Gates of Hell and All In. Especially the latter - it was a bit tough to figure out exactly what to do, as well as the strategies for doing it once I figured it out. I loved the whole planetary invasion multi-part mission(s) to end it.

When I finally beat All In, it was a bit of a surprise as I'd gotten so into the rhythm of the defense that I wasn't paying attention to the victory counter, and then it cut to the cutscene and I threw my hands up and gave out a nice wOOt!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Can I make a suggestion? How about, going forward, we treat this the way the book thread works. When the new thread shows up in January, give it a couple of weeks for everyone to add their editable post. After that, use the thread for discussion on what you're playing, final thoughts, and so on.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

I'm good with that.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Hey!!! I FINISHED A GAME!!!

Just finished Tomb Raider on the 360. 70% completion rate.

Yeah, I'm a little behind.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote:Hey!!! I FINISHED A GAME!!!

Just finished Tomb Raider on the 360. 70% completion rate.

Yeah, I'm a little behind.
I've played with the settings to verify my rig can't handle the full hair effects.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I took a break from FO:NV. Playing a couple other things. The other night I decided to fire up NV again to see if I can get it finished. And.... apparently @#$%ed now. It loads fine. But crashes any time I try and zone. Lesson? Don't set any of the Bethesda games aside and try to come back... :cry:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I took another crack at Serious Sam 3, but just can't get into it. It may be going into my permanent backlog. I just can't get into the 'fail and reload' gameplay anymore (I finished both 1st and 2nd encounters when they were released.) I'm probably just getting old.

I just finished Dear Esther. I know it is controversial, and enjoyment is very dependent on the person.

My response? What an absolutely fantastic game. The setting was great. The graphics, despite being the decade-old Source engine, were beautiful, the environmental audio was some of the best I've heard (and I pay a lot more attention to ambient sound than most.) As for the story, I've had the right combination of experiences in my life to really be able to fall into the narrative.

As to whether it was just sitting and listening to an audiobook? No. The world was the pacing.

/edit - there were also some parts that reminded me strongly of Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull.