SPINTIRES [Russian truck offroading]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hitbyambulance

SPINTIRES [Russian truck offroading]

Post by hitbyambulance »

no thread yet? i am having too much fun with this title.

too bad the "road" is even crummier than the truck:

Daehawk

Re: SPINTIRES [Russian truck offroading]

Post by Daehawk »

Should be a thread. This is OLD old old old news :) I used to say I wished the tanks in World of Tanks would smoke like the trucks in this tech thingy. It should have mud liek this too for tanks to egt stuck in. This did those two things great. Ill see if I can dig up the old post. It may not have had its own thread. Must be at least 5 years ago.

Lookign at the release date it says 2014 but I KNOW its older than that. It was a demo / tech demo long before they released it as a 'game' which it really isn't.

EDIT: The only thing I see is posted 2013. I could swear we talked about it a lot. Oh well. Seeing that pic makes me want to install it and go play in the mud. But I never paid for it. I would still love a tank sim with mud and smoke like this.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I played it fora couple of hours. I was having a lot of trouble with the mud. They must have gone to the muddiest place in Russia to make this.
Mainly tho I was having problems with the wheel I was using and went to a controller instead. It was working better but I never got back to it.
I plan to ones of these days.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ha ya wheel and pedals with force feedback would make this pretty cool.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I bought this a long time ago in a sale, but it's sitting in my backlog with about 300 other things. To its credit, I am looking forward to giving it a try, so it's probably in the top 20 in my backlog.

Tom Chick's review (July 2014 - wow!) is really what sold it for me. After I read that, I was dying to try it. But of course I had to wait for a Steam sale, because I was reading about all kinds of bugs and stuff. So I waited and grabbed it at half off, but by then I'd sort of lost interest after reading about the never-ending battle between the dev and the publisher, which made it look like it was never going to get another update.

IIRC, I think they might have made some progress lately though. I may just have to go and check this out.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Daehawk wrote:Ha ya wheel and pedals with force feedback would make this pretty cool.
By the looks of it, you'd need a FF wheel capable of breaking your arm.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
KDH

Post by KDH »

The negative steam reviews mention that every update invalidates your save game progress .. so, I guess that makes it a Farting-Around™ simulator
Ain't nobody got time for that
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

The latest Humble Jumbo Bundle has Spintires in it. Unlock for $9.00.
Along with Euro Truck Sim 2, and a bunch of other stuff.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:shock: ... Spintires: MudRunner - Reveal Trailer
Focus Home Interactive announces Spintires: MudRunner, an upcoming chance to get back behind the wheel in Spintires and go off-road in a new installment in the series. Owners of the first Spintires will be rewarded with a 50% discount when this is released in October for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Here's a reveal trailer, and here are the details:

Focus Home Interactive is happy to announce its collaboration with Saber Interactive for the development of Spintires: MudRunner, the ultimate version of the million-seller indie hit Spintires coming in October to PC and for the first time to consoles. Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner puts players in the driver seat and dares them to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as guides! Get a taste of what awaits you in the Reveal Trailer.

A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements. It’s not just an enhanced edition, it’s the ultimate off-road simulation experience!

Drive 19 powerful all-terrain vehicles, each with its own characteristics and attachable equipment. Complete your objectives and deliveries by enduring perilous conditions across wild, untamed landscapes in extreme conditions with dynamic day-night cycles. Explore an immersive sandbox environment, enhanced by improved graphics. Overcome muddy terrain, raging rivers and other obstacles that all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle powered by the game's advanced physics engine.

With your map, compass, winch, and your driving skills as allies, go solo or join up to three others in the coop multiplayer. On PC, download mods created by the passionate community for truck-loads of content and an ever-evolving Spintires: MudRunner experience.

they sure let this stagnate since release .. I'm a little confused as to what this adds, besides ... "Realtime Mud Technology" ..
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

yeah, the original was abandoned. i'm loathe to get this new version because of that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

10/31 release
MudRunner is an expanded re-release of 2014’s Spintires, a wonderful game about driving huge vehicles through dynamic simulated mud. Why is MudRunner a separate release? Because the game has changed hands, switching publishers from Oovee to Focus Home and signing up development studio Saber Interactive to work with creator Pavel Zagrebelny.

MudRunner will pack a new sandbox map, a general fancying-up of graphics, new vehicles, a new Challenge mode, and other fancy bits.

It is a shame that this is a separate release, but people who bought the original SpinTires will at least get a 50% discount on MudRunner.
Spintires: MudRunner will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99 when it hits Steam on October 31st.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I didn't care for the first one too much.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

dbt1949 wrote:I didn't care for the first one too much.
It's not much fun to play games based on your own reality.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Paingod wrote:
dbt1949 wrote:I didn't care for the first one too much.
It's not much fun to play games based on your own reality.
This isn't Goat Simulator.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I never did understand guys fascination with buying big trucks with monster tire and going mudding.
Sooner or later they'd come across a mudhole too big for them.
This game is just like that.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :coffee: ... Spintires: MudRunner announces they will be adding a FREE addon DLC to the game on May 29 .. (The Ridge)
Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate off-road experience, taking players on hostile roads and harsh environments. Available on PC and consoles, Spintires: MudRunner is releasing the free Ridge DLC on the 29th of May, a free content update that includes a new map, new vehicles, and new add-ons to explore and experiment with. The Ridge is a coastal map split in half by a mountain ridge. Players will need to take a lot of care if they’re looking to cut time by travelling across the center.

In addition to a brand new map, two new vehicles are being introduced, the D-538, a heavy duty tractor, and the B-6A, a lightweight tractor. These two vehicles can be used on any map, provided you have enough progression points unlocked. Completing The Ridge requires players to utilize a new type of delivery gameplay called Scavenging. Logs are now scattered across the map, and players will have to find them at various locations in the wild to complete deliveries and earn unlock points.

Spintires: MudRunner offers incredible content and unique experiences - it's a genre of its own, reinventing the rules and offering new challenges for players looking for emergent encounters and true-to-life off-roading situations. Dedicated players and driving enthusiasts will appreciate the hyper-realistic driving sensations thanks to an advanced physics engine, a differential transmission system, soft-tire simulation, as well as realistic interactions between vegetation, mud, water, and your vehicle.

There is already a FREE DLC for this game .. "The Valley" ...
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I knew if I waited long enough on this, something would catch. I've read that MudRunner is more of the same as the base game, but better. Added DLC won't hurt.

I've put the latest edition on my Wishlist for when I get in a driving game mood again.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those who might still be waiting (like me), Spintires: MudRunner is on sale for 40% off till the 20th.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm For those who might still be waiting (like me), Spintires: MudRunner is on sale for 40% off till the 20th.
and for owners of the original, it's 90% off right now ($3)
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

So... went to start the Story and was asked if I wanted to do some Challenges first since it covers things not in the tutorial. Sure, I says, let's do this! Started off the first one fine, managed to slide between two vehicles with no damage only to graze a rock on the road and miss that "don't damage truck or trailer" objective. Then discovered I suck bigtime at backing up a trailer. Didn't help there's a big mud puddle there which I had to winch my way out of after getting stuck in it. Finally just gave up. :doh: Next time, dagnabbit, next time...
-mf
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

and Spintires is back from the dead?

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/1357 ... inal-game/

new updates are in

(and it has been renamed to "Spintires: The Original Game" in Steam. "Spintires: MudRunner" is now just "MudRunner". hmmmmm)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Given that Mudrunner is getting an American DLC, sounds like a dev team split or publisher split.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

As far as I know, that DLC was published months ago, and likely has no bearing on the current situation.

But interesting situation, and one that kind of sucks for the consumer. Original game development is halted and everyone is encouraged to buy and play Mudrunner instead which was receiving updates and polish, and I think even a console release. Now the original game is being worked on again? That means that at some point, the consumer would have had to buy it twice. I'm assuming Mudrunner will still be developed, so that's two very similar games that will be confusing for the consumer on which to get if they don't already have it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

have not been keeping up with developments:

SPINTIRES has received several DLC: Canyons (new map and vehicle, is free,) Aftermath (help clean up a village after a severe storm) and Chernobyl (run around Pripyat, complete with radiation).

meanwhile, MudRunner has gone in its own direction, with several free and one paid DLC available. that team is now set to release a sequel, SnowRunner, early next year as an exclusive on Epic Game Store.

consensus is that SPINTIRES is the more 'hardcore' experience and MudRunner the casual one. also it would be reasonable to believe Mudrunner's days of active development are now over.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:59 pm have not been keeping up with developments:

SPINTIRES has received several DLC: Canyons (new map and vehicle, is free,) Aftermath (help clean up a village after a severe storm) and Chernobyl (run around Pripyat, complete with radiation).

meanwhile, MudRunner has gone in its own direction, with several free and one paid DLC available. that team is now set to release a sequel, SnowRunner, early next year as an exclusive on Epic Game Store.

consensus is that SPINTIRES is the more 'hardcore' experience and MudRunner the casual one. also it would be reasonable to believe Mudrunner's days of active development are now over.
I can attest to how hard Spintires was! It got to be very frustrating. MudRunner was actually quite fun because it was possible to actually complete missions. MudRunner also feels more polished. Also both are supported IIRC by Steam Workshop with new maps and equipment.

I'm excited over the possibility of SnowRunner, but until Epic gets a Workshop mode I'll be looking to Steam.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

MudRunner free on Epic Game Store right now