Cyber Monday deals 2018

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Cyber Monday deals 2015

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I will admit to never having seen Target.com go down due to heavy traffic. Wow.

Akamai service not enough to handle that?! :shock:
Their site is slow always. Not too surprising that it collapsed today.

Still down. And it's funny, I'm not a big Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopper but I was probably going to order a TV for store pickup at Target today. Now I'll probably just wait and do Amazon.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Still down. And it's funny, I'm not a big Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopper but I was probably going to order a TV for store pickup at Target today. Now I'll probably just wait and do Amazon.
I remember when Amazon tried offering timed deals on Thanksgiving and their site was hosed. Not sure why Target thought they could handle it, but when you throw out a 15% off code for everything (with notable exceptions), you have to either be really confident in your system or woefully ill-advised regarding site capacity.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:Still down. And it's funny, I'm not a big Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopper but I was probably going to order a TV for store pickup at Target today. Now I'll probably just wait and do Amazon.
I remember when Amazon tried offering timed deals on Thanksgiving and their site was hosed. Not sure why Target thought they could handle it, but when you throw out a 15% off code for everything (with notable exceptions), you have to either be really confident in your system or woefully ill-advised regarding site capacity.
Now that I can get on, everything is either out of stock or, oddly,
Target wrote:There's a line for this item.
So sorry for the delay, but you can save your place in line by staying on this page & trying again to add the item to your cart.
Thank you for your patience!
Just poor execution. If it's in stock, sell it. If not, say so. What is a "line" when purchasing online? Is it sitting in a cart or something?

Makes for a nice for a ~$500M market cap haircut today.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's just broken. Nothing is available to buy. I mean I tried random stuff like a generic manual screwdriver and "OUT! PetCare Oxy-Fast Stain & Odor Remover 32 oz". I think the spin is that they're so busy but I'm going to guess their numbers will disappoint for today.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
So sorry for the delay, but you can save your place in line by staying on this page & trying again to add the item to your cart.
I was getting that too, but finally able to check out.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:
I was getting that too, but finally able to check out.
Still getting the same message but when I logged in, I guess I had the item in my cart from Friday. I was able to buy it no problem. I actually think that the "line" is people having it in their cart. That's crazy.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: the "line" is people having it in their cart.
Yep
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Nothing. I was really hoping for a decent sale on Super Mario Maker (kids), GTA 5 PS4 (me) or a 1 year Playstation Plus card, but none of them happened.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Blackhawk wrote:Nothing. I was really hoping for a decent sale on Super Mario Maker (kids), GTA 5 PS4 (me) or a 1 year Playstation Plus card, but none of them happened.
I saw Super Mario Maker for $33 shipped the other day on slickdeals.net
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I missed that one. I've seen a couple of things, but they were either in-store only (and I don't live near any stores, save a small Wal-Mart), or the discount they've offered hasn't been enough to cover the extra shipping over paying full price at Amazon with free shipping.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Moliere

Black Friday deals 2018

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Re: Black Friday deals 2018

Post by Daehawk »

40" 1080p flat panel tv is $99. Amazing. 16 years ago we were paying about $150 for a 27" crt tv and that was a great deal at the time.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Google deals including the Pixel 3, Home Hub, and Pixelbook.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

My daughter wants a kindle for Hanukkah. I'm assuming there's going to be a deal on them at some point soonish.
Black Lives Matter.
Jag

Post by Jag »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 am My daughter wants a kindle for Hanukkah. I'm assuming there's going to be a deal on them at some point soonish.
It would be a miracle.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Microsoft's Black Friday sale on games is now open for Gold members. There's quite a few selections. I picked up The Evil Within 2 for 15 bucks.
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 am My daughter wants a kindle for Hanukkah. I'm assuming there's going to be a deal on them at some point soonish.
Woot's had some on sale recently. Though I have no idea whether the deals were any good.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:41 am Microsoft's Black Friday sale on games is now open for Gold members. There's quite a few selections. I picked up The Evil Within 2 for 15 bucks.
The Crew 2 for $30 is getting closer to the right price... $20 to go. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cheap Samsung EVO 860 SSD drives. makes me cry they are so cheap.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=s ... 0860%20evo
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I forgot all about this page.

HULU has a deal today for .99 cents a month for 12 months on their limited commercials plan.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I managed to pick up a Kindle Paperwhite (previous generation) for $80, down from $120. With the new (waterproof) Paperwhites now selling for $130, not sure whether that's just a Black Friday sale price, or whether they're going to be selling them for about that amount going forward.

Regardless, not a bad deal. Semi-amusingly, the refurbished versions of this Paperwhite are still being sold for $99.
Black Lives Matter.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:47 pm Cheap Samsung EVO 860 SSD drives. makes me cry they are so cheap.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=s ... 0860%20evo
Bought a 1TB from Newegg. Works great.