[WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Good wins!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

[WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Good wins!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Team Good

Robin of Locksley

The leader and the power of the rebellion, he scans the townspeople for the evildoers. He relies on hiding in Sherwood Forest to keep his identity secret, and must rally the villagers to arms and take down those who are oppressing them, though some may pay with their lives.

Night scanner, will receive the role of any evil member scanned, no other information than "not evil" on any other target. If imprisoned by the Sheriff, he retains his scan.

Azeem

Saved from death by Robin, he owes him a life debt. Once it is paid, he will be on his merry way. to seek his own fortune. He will choose how best to fulfill that role, as well as the time or place.

Night protector. Must select a new target each night, may return to previous nonconsecutive targets.

Will Scarlett

The bastard half brother of Sir Robin ( :shhh: ), he is one of the Merry Men. He has no innate abilities. But if the Sheriff finds him, the Sheriff's silver tongue will offer him money, power, everything he asks for. Will gladly accepts the offer, and becomes a turncoat. Of course, he doesn't tell anyone about this, awaiting the right moment to betray Robin.

Scan target of the Sheriff. If scanned, he will be identified to the Sheriff, Will becomes an evil player for all purposes going forward in terms of victory and Azeem's Robin's scans.

Maid Marian

The love of Robin's life, she is seeking for her true love. If he finds her, they will reveal their true love to each other. She will also give him information regarding the evil powers that be. However, she has a tail. A spy tasked with tracking her may be able to spy on the Merry Men's camp and report a traitor to the Sheriff's men.

Scan target for Robin and the Sheriff. If Robin scans her, their roles are revealed to each other. The identity (not role) of one evil player is divulged to both. This will allow the evil team to attempt to one of the powered players. Does (x) play (y) role? They will be awarded a Yes/No answer. Only powered roles are available for selection. If Marian or Robin identify the evil player in a definitive statement, the guards descend on the town, seize and summarily execute one non-evil player. If she is arrested and her role becomes known in that method, neither the reveal to Robin nor the scan for Team Evil will occur.

Team Evil

Sheriff of Nottingham

The Sheriff has an insurrection on his hands. He knows that Robin and Marian are dangerous. If he is able to find them, he will imprison them, and, in an effort to cow the populace, plan and advertise a public execution.

Night scanner: Finding Robin or Marian places them in prison. The player is publicly identified. They can not participate in posting while captured. If the Sheriff is voted off during the next two days, they will be freed and can participate again. If not, the night kill will be the public execution at sundown, which will be that night's kill. All voting totals required will reflect the number of total 'present' villagers.

Finding Will Scarlett will convert him to Team Evil. This conversion will not replace a night kill.

Mortianna

Mortianna is depopulating the countryside of woodland creatures to read their entrails in an effort to find Robin. However, she senses a dark presence, one that will spell her doom if it finds her.

Night Scanner: The response will be 'Robin' or 'Not Robin'. If protected by Azeem, she will fight valiantly, but fall to the Moor. Azeem will then have fulfilled his debt, and become a normal villager for the duration.

Guy of Gisbourne

Guy is the Sheriff's knife in the dark. Every night, he will kill off one of the goody two-shoes each night. He selects his own target, but may heed the advice of the Sheriff or Mortianna.

Night killer: If he falls, the Sheriff will do his dirty work for him. If converted, Will takes 3rd in line with the knife. Mortiana, if the only one remaining, can not perform a night kill. She must don a disguise and bewitch the village to do her bidding.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Re: [WW] Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Post by Isgrimnur »

1. Moliere
  2. Chaosraven
  3. bb2112
  4. RMC
  5. Vorret
  6. stessier
  7. El Guapo
  8. Grundbegriff
  9. RevHempus71
  10. Remus West
  11. Scoop20906
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

robIN
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

In :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

In. Let's hope I can't be converted...

And umm... Looks like there is a conversion dude... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Of course I'm in !
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Haven't read the rules, but I'm in! :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

It'll give us something to do while we wait for Remus :pop:
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:It'll give us something to do while we wait for Remus :pop:
:lol: It's the weekend now. He may surprise us, but I'm thinking Monday.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sure, I'm in.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:Sure, I'm in.
We'll make sure to keep the stitches small.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Scan target for Robin and the Sheriff. If Robin scans her, their roles are revealed to each other. The identity (not role) of one evil player is divulged to both. This will allow the evil team to attempt to one of the powered players. Does (x) play (y) role? They will be awarded a Yes/No answer. Only powered roles are available for selection. If Marian or Robin identify the evil player in a definitive statement, the guards descend on the town, seize and summarily execute one non-evil player. If she is arrested and her role becomes known in that method, neither the reveal to Robin nor the scan for Team Evil will occur.
I don't understand this - I think there are some missing / incorrect words here. So, if Robin scans Marian (I guess that's what the kids are calling it these days), then:

(1) Robin and Marian learn the identity of one evil player; and
(2) The wolves get to attempt to [missing word] one of the powered players. It sounds like they get to make a Riddler-esque attempt, like "Is that handsome devil El Guapo secretly Robin Hood?" Now I'm not clear what happens if the evil team gets this right - it sounds like nothing (other than getting the answer to their question"?

Then this is confusing:
If Marian or Robin identify the evil player in a definitive statement, the guards descend on the town, seize and summarily execute one non-evil player. If she is arrested and her role becomes known in that method, neither the reveal to Robin nor the scan for Team Evil will occur
So it sounds like Marian and/or Robin ALSO get to try to play the Riddler game? But why in this scenario do Marian and Robin want to try to get this right, given that the consequence is the execution of a non-evil player? Unless the guards descending on the town is what happens if they get it wrong?

Also, it sounds like if Marian is chosen as the non-evil player in this guard raid scenario, that she gets imprisoned rather than executed?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, the evil team gets a Riddler-type inquiry.

'Identify' as in publicly disclose the information. If they get the data that kenetickid is Guy of Gisborne, great for them. If they stage a public announcement that kk is GoG, then the guards descend and arrest anyone they can get their hands on before the crowd scatters.

Yes, Marian or Robin will be arrested rather than killed if randomly seized. Regardless of the method, the Sheriff wants to make an example out of them. Anyone else gets dispatched with a quickness.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Yeah, the evil team gets a Riddler-type inquiry.

'Identify' as in publicly disclose the information. If they get the data that kenetickid is Guy of Gisborne, great for them. If they stage a public announcement that kk is GoG, then the guards descend and arrest anyone they can get their hands on before the crowd scatters.

Yes, Marian or Robin will be arrested rather than killed if randomly seized. Regardless of the method, the Sheriff wants to make an example out of them. Anyone else gets dispatched with a quickness.
Why would Marian or Robin try to publicly identify the evil player in this scenario, then, given that it would cost a villager? Wouldn't it make much more sense for one of them to come forward and say "Hi, I'm Marian / Robin, that despicable kinectikid is evil of an undeterminate role, let's all lynch him?"
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:

Why would Marian or Robin try to publicly identify the evil player in this scenario, then, given that it would cost a villager? Wouldn't it make much more sense for one of them to come forward and say "Hi, I'm Marian / Robin, that despicable kinectikid is evil of an undeterminate role, let's all lynch him?"
It's possible, but then they're likely to end up in the pokey that night.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

It's possible, but then they're likely to end up in the pokey that night.
So the "public announcement" that kinectikid is Guy of Gisborne does not publicly reveal the identities of Robin or Marian?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Correct. But it will probably pretty easy to figure out. The overall intent is to try and handicap a blatant reveal. I have no idea how well it's going to work in practice.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Correct. But it will probably pretty easy to figure out. The overall intent is to try and handicap a blatant reveal. I have no idea how well it's going to work in practice.
FWIW it seems like the obvious play is for Marian to reveal herself and call for the lynching of the evildoer whose specific role is still secret. Since this would be happening after Robin scans Marian, and that appears to be the only thing that Marian does, I don't see any real cost to the village from her coming forward (while attempting the public reveal costs a villager).

Robin, of course, would boldly stay in hiding while his true love gets sent to the pokey, naturally.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I imagine the game state will factor heavily into the math as to whether it's a good decision or not.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I'm in.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm hopeful that the attendance improves once the Bundestag lets out. :coffee:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In since I'm home now.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

How many people before we start?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Two more. 4 heroes, 3 villains, five villagers.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop is MIA. He needs to be in this game. And I don't see Newcastle...
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

DEAR ME!

I am IN

Enlarge Image
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:DEAR ME!

I am IN

Enlarge Image
So nice to see you again scoop. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:DEAR ME!

I am IN

Enlarge Image
So nice to see you again scoop. :)
Nice to see you again too, RMC.

Enlarge Image

RMC

Post by RMC »

This is going to be fun, isn't it. :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:This is going to be fun, isn't it. :)
If you can make it past Day one. :teasing-wedgie:

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Oh don't be sore. Remus is playing as well, and he is better at being evil than I am. ;)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Oh don't be sore. Remus is playing as well, and he is better at being evil than I am. ;)
You played that last game perfectly. Don't discount yourself. :wub:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

There's no nudity in this game, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:
RMC wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
You played that last game perfectly. Don't discount yourself. :wub:
Awwwww , you guys are so cute together!!! :wub:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

El Guapo wrote:There's no nudity in this game, right?
No

Promises

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Woohoo! Welcome aboard Scoop. And now all we need is one...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The Robin / Marian dynamic is reminding me of the time that I was Wesley in the Princess Bride game, and spent the whole game fruitlessly scanning for my love. Who I did ultimately succeed in finding!

Shortly after Buttercup publicly revealed in the game thread. :oops:
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Without a 12th player, we could start during day, which would give the good guys three misses, albeit the first one with little data. A Night start with 11 leaves only two misses.

Anyone else I can invite? I doubt newcastle will appear, having bowed out before JLA started.