Latest queue for games

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Latest queue for games

Post by Isgrimnur »

If no one can pick apart the rules of Robin Hood, I can see about getting it compiled and opened for signups.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote:Azeem - can protect a different player every night. If he protects Mortianna, he kills her after discovering her role, and fulfills his life debt, losing his protection role for the remainder of the game.
Is this public knowledge? If the protection happens at night does that mean the next day "Mortianna" is announced as dead or just the name of the person with that role is dead without explanation? That leaves the potential for 2 dead bodies being found in the morning when you include Gisbourne's nightly kill.
Isgrimnur wrote:Will Scarlett - A Merry Man until he's found by the Sheriff, at which point he would be bought off and become a team evil member.
The conversion is kept secret, right?
Isgrimnur wrote:Sheriff of Nottingham - If he finds Robin or Marian, they will be imprisoned. Robin/Marian's roles will be revealed. The villagers will have the next two days to locate and kill the Sheriff, otherwise Robin/Marian will be executed on the second night afterwards, taking place of the night kill.
Does their imprisonment mean they don't participate in the village lynch votes? So if the Sheriff finds one he gets to know the identity of both? That's a pretty big advantage in the middle and end game when the numbers are reduced. During his imprisonment can Robin continue the nightly scans? What advantage is it for the Sheriff to wait 2 days before killing Robin? If he's been identified why not take him out immediately?
Isgrimnur wrote:Mortianna - Kills the local woodland creatures to try and divine the location (identity) of Robin.
To me, woodland creatures = South Park. What does this mean? Just a regular nightly scan and anyone besides Robin will come back as negative?
Isgrimnur wrote:Sheriff of Nottingham - Scans for Will/Maid Marian
Is his scan result "Robin", "Will", "Marian", or "Villager"? What happens if he scans Azeem?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Azeem and Mortiana would die/depart in a very loud, public manner.

The conversion is secret.

Imprisonment is silence. One fewer vote during the day. Imprisonment would mean that the prisoner's role becomes public by town cryers and posted flyers. Voting numbers would be reduced to votes available in the square. Robin can continue to scan, as people come to gawk at him in his cell. It is not to the Sheriff's advantage to wait a night to kill. It's a personal failing that he wants a public spectacle, and scaffolds aren't built in a day.

Woodland creatures = reading entrails. Standard scan with only one valid target.

The Sheriff is only scanning for those three. He has no information about Azeem to identify him if found, nor any idea on what to do with it if he did.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Me too! Are we in another Forum Game Renaissance?

Enlarge Image
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I have been prodded for another BSG game and I am up to running one right after soccer season in Mid April. That is why I am not playing right now, just no spare time.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

In

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:I have been prodded for another BSG game and I am up to running one right after soccer season in Mid April. That is why I am not playing right now, just no spare time.
:D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Lassr wrote:I have been prodded for another BSG game and I am up to running one right after soccer season in Mid April. That is why I am not playing right now, just no spare time.
IN
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

After this Secret Hitler game is over I'm volunteering to run the next one which will allow El Jefe Grund to participate in this evil, evil game. That is if people are interested...
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'd be up for another go around.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

stessier wrote:I'd be up for another go around.
Hitler killed himself. There is no second go around.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
stessier wrote:I'd be up for another go around.
Hitler killed himself. There is no second go around.
I wish he would hurry up and get to it then. :pop:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah I'd be up for it as well. If there are any observers from this past game that want to jump in, I'd be open to stepping aside for them as well.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

After bb2112's Secret Hitler game, and after any other WW games in the hopper, I'd be glad to host a round of Avalon.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I am IN for both...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Image et al
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'll keep playing.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

What's next?
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Not a damned thing, apparently.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RevHempus71 wrote:What's next?
Grundbegriff wrote:After bb2112's Secret Hitler game, and after any other WW games in the hopper, I'd be glad to host a round of Avalon.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Yeah, I'd be glad to do that. It'll be somewhere on the spectrum between Secret Hitler and Werewolf in terms of strategy, difficulty, and annoyingness|fun.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'll queue up Avalon tonight.

It's like Secret Hitler but...
...without enactments (only elections)
...set in King Arthurian mythos
...Merlin (good) knows the evils from the outset
...Evils win if they ID Merlin
...a few other differences in specials
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, what's next? :D
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

That is a damn good question.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I can host Qantaga's X-Files game.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:I can host Qantaga's X-Files game.
Make is so! In honor of Qantaga!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:I can host Qantaga's X-Files game.
Make is so! In honor of Qantaga!!!
I am game.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I am assuming there will be a sign up page coming? :handgestures-thumbup:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Doesn't look like X-Files is going to go off. I could run another Star Wars game or something else if people want.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, it looks like we are going through a dead period. Can anyone recommend a good site for WW?
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I'm in for any WW game.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

How about we do a 8-10 person vanilla game? I can run it. Interested?

RMC

Post by RMC »

I am in for whatever. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Absolutely
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Random roles too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good site for WW?
Go to the source. They have every variety of game going, including one where each day/night cycle takes ONE YEAR to complete. :pop:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Year???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Year???
They are still on Day 1.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Year???
They are still on Day 1.
How about a turbo game: 18 minutes/6 minutes for the Day/Night cycles. Think fast!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ever played this ftf?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis