BSG X -Eden-Sign Up Closed. Roles Going Out.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

BSG X -Eden-Sign Up Closed. Roles Going Out.

Post by Lassr »

Possible roles to be in the game below.

1.Newcastle
2. Remus West
3.Vorret
4.Chaosraven
5.BB2112
6. El Guapo
7. Unagi
8.Grundbegriff
9.Scoop#
10. Holman
11. Moliere
12. Triggercut
13. RMC
14. tru1cy
15. stessier
16. LordMortis
???
META Play: Roles assigned will be copied from the rules below and PM’ed to each player. META discussions will not be used to help establish your innocence. (i.e. guys I will be gone on vacation for a week so lynch me as I’m unpowered and it will not hurt the village). Saying you are innocent and you may lynch me is OK as long as it’s not combined with some real life event outside the game.
How people have played in the past is fair game. Mentioning when they have been online is OK. (View it as the village noticing Bob is not joining them at the table to discuss the events but Larry saw him peeking out his window).
No quoting of PMs or posts from other forums. No links to other forums. Talking about what was discussed in PMs or other forums is OK.

-------------------------

Day 1 will last 14 days including weekends. After that we'll see how things go but 14 days will be the max.

Night Sequence:

Ellen beds down
Starbuck protects
Athena scans.
Cylons assassinate
Leoben scans for Starbuck
Apollo scans

Answers to all scans will be given immediately before the next day starts.

Lynching votes: Voting is open until a majority is reached.

No editing Posts. (exception: If some one is posting a vote count then that post may be edited)
Everyone will receive a PM to start the game.

Victory
Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Athena)
Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even thus ensuring a cylon victory.(Athena counts toward humans).
============
Athena (good Cylon) –Each night she can scan to find Cylons.
Athena would submit a name to scan. The answer to her question will be Cylon or Human. If Athena is lynched the autopsy will show Cylon.
Athena has a one time ability to learn the role of a scanned cylon. This power may be used at anytime but the targeted Cylon will know he was scanned.

Helo-He has a onetime ability to kill during the day cycle. His identity will be revealed.

Starbuck – She can protect one person per night. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one. Her protection carries over into the day against Doral's suicide bombing. If she protects Ellen or Daniel then that Cylon cannot perform any special assignment that night. The Night kill will proceed unless protected Cylon is the last Cylon in the game, if that is the case then the Cylon kills Starbuck. If Starbuck protects the same bad Cylon a 2nd time then she is killed and it replaces the night kill for the Cylons.

Romo Lampkin-Lampkin can escape the first lynch attempt against him resulting in no lynch for the day. But if he is killed at night by the Cylons he will provide them the role of a living player (excluding the Cylon team) chosen randomly.

==================

Citizens – Citizens have no power other than voting.

================
Bad Guys

Daniel-The cylons do not know you are a cylon. You know the other cylons. If cylons attack Daniel at night, cylons will be informed they found Daniel and will be able to PM with Daniel for the remainder of the game. There will be no kill that night but the Cylons will learn the identity of a least 1 citizen. (if no citizens are left then you will learn nothing).
Daniel may also plant a bomb in one crew members cabin on any day. (May only be done once). He may detonate it any night after the night he plants the bomb.
If bomb is planted in Starbucks cabin she will not be killed if she is out protecting someone else that night. Starbuck will know it was their room that was targeted.

If the bomb detonates against the same player the Cylons are trying to kill there will be only one death. The Cylons will kill the player and #7 will then blow up the corpse.

Daniel takes the lead role if all other Cylons are killed before they find him.

Leoben - has a mysterious psychic connection to Starbuck but does not know her identity. Each night he may scan a human and ask if the human is Starbuck.

Aaron Doral – May at anytime during the day cycle use explosives to kill himself and a player of his choice but only if there is a least one lynch vote against him (votes by bad Cylons, including self, do not count) If Starbuck protected Doral's target the previous night then Doral will explode but his target will be saved. Starbuck's identity will not be revealed.

Ellen - she sleeps with a player of her choice each night. That player, if he has a special role, cannot perform any special functions that night. Cannot sleep with the same player more than once. She may choose to sleep with no one. Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person. Her identity is not revealed during these visits.

Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play. Results of scan would be special or not special. She may slip her victim a drug so that they do not remember what happened (but if a special is blocked they will know something happened). She only has 2 doses to use.

==============
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 35 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Re: BSG X - Coming Soon to a Forum near you

Post by Newcastle »

IN
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Re: BSG X -Eden (Coming Soon to a Forum near you)

Post by Remus West »

I'll probably play.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yep
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

CaptaIN Apollo
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: BSG X -Eden (Coming In June to a Forum near you)

Post by bb2112 »

In! Looking forward to it!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Would we know which roles are in the game at the start? Not totally crazy in general about games with random roles *and* hidden conversions, although I probably can't resist the theme.

Also, this is really making me want to play the BSG board game again.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I don't really go for the conversion games either, and I MUCH prefer everyone knows the roles that are in the game. (There was something fun about the total free-for-all nature of the Scoop game, but it's of limited appeal, to me).

Without that (no conversion/known roles), I don't feel like these are real werewolf games, worth really putting much sleuthing into , and really I just LOVE that aspect of these games. Know what I mean?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Would we know which roles are in the game at the start? Not totally crazy in general about games with random roles *and* hidden conversions, although I probably can't resist the theme.

Also, this is really making me want to play the BSG board game again.
The roles will be announced before the game starts. I just put them all here for me to look at as I decide how to play it this time.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:I don't really go for the conversion games either,
I had not planned on a conversion role in this game. I wanted a bit simpler game than the past due to lower interest these days.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I have narrowed the roles down to the ones above, the roles I choose will come from that set.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:I don't really go for the conversion games either, and I MUCH prefer everyone knows the roles that are in the game. (There was something fun about the total free-for-all nature of the Scoop game, but it's of limited appeal, to me).

Without that (no conversion/known roles), I don't feel like these are real werewolf games, worth really putting much sleuthing into , and really I just LOVE that aspect of these games. Know what I mean?
Yeah, agreed. What I really dislike are hidden, anytime conversions (villain can convert at will, village is told nothing) as then you pretty much can't trust anything that's said at any point in the game. I think your basic conversion - often something like, one villain can do a one-time conversion in lieu of the night kill - is workable, as then you can do actual analysis like see what people posted before and after to try to work out who was converted.

Anyway, glad to hear that about this game. :) Definitely (assuming that this isn't running simultaneously with the Archer game) in!
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

FYI BSG all seasons are on hulu right now in case you want to catch up!
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

In
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Re: BSG X -Eden (Coming In July to a Forum near you)

Post by Lassr »

I will get this cleaned up and started. Sign ups open.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Re: BSG X -Eden (Coming In July to a Forum near you)

Post by El Guapo »

I'm in.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:In! Looking forward to it!
This still applies.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Newcastle

Re: BSG X -Eden-Sign Up Now!

Post by Newcastle »

still in
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm IN!

I binged all of BSG a few years back, but I've never done this theme here.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

So say we all!
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm in as well.

/ezmate, I leave for a 2 week vacation on Saturday... I will have my smartphone so I should be able to keep up, etc...
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

In. I can't wait for Unagi to tell me what I had for dinner last night.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You had a late lunch and didn't actually have a proper dinner last night.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll try to get this started before the weekend. Let people know if they want to sign up. RMC is missing and hope LordMortis would want to play again.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Could PM Theohall, Rshetts, Lagom, Semaj, truicy, proner ...to name a few.
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

I'm In. Late to the party again. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:Could PM Theohall, Rshetts, Lagom, Semaj, truicy, proner ...to name a few.
& Rev
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'd like at least one more player. I'll see who I can PM that is still around.

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Pacquiao has inspired me to come out of retirement for one last game , so IN
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

In.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LordMortis has agreed to play. I will keep sign ups open today and get the roles out tonight and try to get this started tomorrow.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Re: BSG X -Eden-Sign Up Now! Game Starts July 14th

Post by LordMortis »

Got confused and posted in the wrong forum. :oops: Not like confusion and I ever follow each other around.

Yeah, I'm as good of a Mr Body as Any Body else.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I think I have finalized the roles. Considering adding a 4th good special but not sure. 4 bad guys means 8 kills (lynch/Helo shot, night kills, and bombs) without a hit on the bad guys would win the game for the Cylons. So if extremely bad luck strikes the good guys a game could end on day 3.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:So if extremely bad luck strikes
Also known as Lassring.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:So if extremely bad luck strikes
Also known as Lassring.
Heh, 'bout time I had something named after me...

Roles will go out tonight. A few more hours for someone to sign up. I think Special Roles are finalized.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You forgot the role of Cheryl Roslin.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:You forgot the role of Cheryl Roslin.
She sucks in the board game. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lots of scans and extra ways to kill. Should be interesting. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Can I get two roles?
Black Lives Matter.