Dungeon World Campaign #2

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

IceBear

Re: Dungeon World Campaign #2

Post by IceBear »

The rest are on the ground now but about 30ft beyond this one. Story wise, you can choose to ignore this one and keep running towards the others but you'll suffer another round of attacks first. That's why I decided that you were attacking this one as it gives you a chance to get rid of one in the meantime but it's up to you what you want to do
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Being confident the 3 people on the closest insectoid should be able to handle it, Dar seeks out the next nearest one he can see clearly and opens fire with bow and arrow - with Shadow following up the arrow to attack (using my arrow attack as a distraction so he does not get skewered on the way in).

Volley?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Shadow is going to have a long run to get to one. While you might distract the one Shadow is attacking directly its friends might still make it difficult.

Trying to impress that they are well disciplined and trained in combat.

You can Volley at one but Shadow won't be able to assist for a while as there's no way for it to get to them in the next few seconds
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

IceBear wrote:You can Volley at one but Shadow won't be able to assist for a while as there's no way for it to get to them in the next few seconds
IT?? Shadowstalker would like me to politely advise you that "it" is a he. :p

Volley (Dex): : 2D6+2 = [3, 4]+2 = 9

Expend one ammo.

Damage: : 1D8 = [7] = 7

Maybe one less insect for Shadowstalker to dodge.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Wasn't sure if Shadowstalker was a he or she so went with it.

They have 3 armor, so you fire several arrows at one but, while it's wounded, it is still quite capable
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:So are the other guys on the ground or still on the wall? I wanted to engage the ones on the ground behind this one. I guess that is not one of my choices. I will attack the one n front of me. At least then Ere can get a free attack. Also I spend the blaze on the armor and the last one on piercing claws.

Hack and slash:
Spoiler:
Go with it. Doesn't look like I can disrupt their range attacks which was I was really angling for anyway. Is this one still up?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I am sort of envisioning that Shadowstalker and all 3 members of the party who charged forward are roughly equal-distant to the insectoids and will reach them at approximately the same time (so no one person will suddenly be the target of 7 insectoid hack&slashes).

Omar - see if you can't sneak around, you might be able to finish off injuried ones or provide a vital distraction at some point?

Dar will continue to volley arrow after arrow (let me know if/when I can roll for another Volley).
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Zenn7 wrote:Omar - see if you can't sneak around, you might be able to finish off injuried ones or provide a vital distraction at some point?
Omar looks at all the commotion around him and slips into the shadows, working his way forward and around the insects hoping to get close enough for his dagger.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

bb2112 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:So are the other guys on the ground or still on the wall? I wanted to engage the ones on the ground behind this one. I guess that is not one of my choices. I will attack the one n front of me. At least then Ere can get a free attack. Also I spend the blaze on the armor and the last one on piercing claws.

Hack and slash:
Spoiler:
Go with it. Doesn't look like I can disrupt their range attacks which was I was really angling for anyway. Is this one still up?
Your claw rips through its thick exoskeleton quite easily leaving a massive wound. The creature wobbles on its feet and lets out a cry but is still standing...maybe not for much longer as you see Ere approach from behind...the creature starts to turn...

BTW did you want to use your last blaze to block an extra point of damage from the 3 that you took or save it?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Zenn7 wrote:I am sort of envisioning that Shadowstalker and all 3 members of the party who charged forward are roughly equal-distant to the insectoids and will reach them at approximately the same time (so no one person will suddenly be the target of 7 insectoid hack&slashes).

Omar - see if you can't sneak around, you might be able to finish off injuried ones or provide a vital distraction at some point?

Dar will continue to volley arrow after arrow (let me know if/when I can roll for another Volley).
Fair enough....I missed when you sent Shadow. That will place him 30ft away from most of them.

Two of them, including the one you shot, take two mighty bounds and land in the clearing in front of you and start to thrust their spears at you
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Moliere wrote:
Zenn7 wrote:Omar - see if you can't sneak around, you might be able to finish off injuried ones or provide a vital distraction at some point?
Omar looks at all the commotion around him and slips into the shadows, working his way forward and around the insects hoping to get close enough for his dagger.
As you start to make your way through the jungle you see two of creatures make two 30ft jumps and land in front of Dar's position and start to attack him.

BTW as a thief I am willing to let you try this Like a Ghost move I found
When you roll for another move that you want to perform in a clandestine manner, you may choose options
equal to your DEX or less (but not fewer than none), and then tell the other players:
...how you draw attention elsewhere instead of to you.
...how you stay out of sight.
...that you remain silent.
...why you leave no trace behind.
On a 10+, all that you say is true. On a 7-9, the GM chooses one of your statements to be false, the others are true. On a miss, no guarantees.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

IceBear wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:So are the other guys on the ground or still on the wall? I wanted to engage the ones on the ground behind this one. I guess that is not one of my choices. I will attack the one n front of me. At least then Ere can get a free attack. Also I spend the blaze on the armor and the last one on piercing claws.Hack and slash:
Spoiler:
Your claw rips through its thick exoskeleton quite easily leaving a massive wound. The creature wobbles on its feet and lets out a cry but is still standing...maybe not for much longer as you see Ere approach from behind...the creature starts to turn...

BTW did you want to use your last blaze to block an extra point of damage from the 3 that you took or save it?
All out of blaze. How many of these things are there? And is there anything to distinguish one from another? Looking for a boss insectoid.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

There were 8....they all look the same to you...none of them are colored different or bigger or wearing different clothes.

Just waiting on Omar and Rurgosh before next actions
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

My spear would put on parity with their long/reach weapons right? I would not have to figure out how to dodge their attacks so I can attack them?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Rurgosh will roll to his feet and bring his hammer around in a crushing blow to the knee of the leg that kicked him.

(I assume hack and slash but I'll wait direction on the roll as I'm not sure if I need to defy danger again).
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zenn7 wrote:My spear would put on parity with their long/reach weapons right? I would not have to figure out how to dodge their attacks so I can attack them?
Their 9 foot height probably still gives them a reach advantage.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

IceBear wrote:There were 8....they all look the same to you...none of them are colored different or bigger or wearing different clothes.

I don't know if you are waiting on rolls for me or not. Yes, I'm charging the one that Zordan just attacked. I believe you said that he's distracted and thus I don't need the defy danger so I'll just roll H&S but put it in spoilers. Since Zordan yelled and we're attacking the same creature Ere will go for real damage not stunning.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Madmarcus wrote:
IceBear wrote:There were 8....they all look the same to you...none of them are colored different or bigger or wearing different clothes.

I don't know if you are waiting on rolls for me or not. Yes, I'm charging the one that Zordan just attacked. I believe you said that he's distracted and thus I don't need the defy danger so I'll just roll H&S but put it in spoilers. Since Zordan yelled and we're attacking the same creature Ere will go for real damage not stunning.
I'm assuming this will occur before I act so if this puts the creature down Rurgosh will charge back at the ones that leapt to attack Ere and try to cripple one of their legs instead.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Zenn7 wrote:My spear would put on parity with their long/reach weapons right? I would not have to figure out how to dodge their attacks so I can attack them?
It's close enough (they have longer arms than you but I'm supposed to be a fan of the character so I won't quibble over that). That said, they are working together in perfect tandem so attacking one would probably leave you exposed to the other.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Ere's axe blow nearly cleaves the creature in half.

Rurgosh rolls back to his feet and moves towards one of the two menacing Dar. You can roll Hack and Slash on it after Omar acts. They are both looking at Dar so you don't need to worry about getting through their guard, but technically Omar was closer so would get to act first.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

IceBear wrote:
Moliere wrote:
As you start to make your way through the jungle you see two of creatures make two 30ft jumps and land in front of Dar's position and start to attack him.

When you roll for another move that you want to perform in a clandestine manner, you may choose options
equal to your DEX or less (but not fewer than none), and then tell the other players:
On a 10+, all that you say is true. On a 7-9, the GM chooses one of your statements to be false, the others are true. On a miss, no guarantees.
2D6+2 = [3, 4]+2 = 9
This is to backstab the nearest bug.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Given that Rurgosh doubt either he or Omar can take one of these things down in a single swing by themselves he will target the same bug.

Hack and Slash Bug Omar stabbed: 2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

Damage to Bug normal plus magic weapon.: 1D6 + 1D4 = [4]+[3] = 7
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Moliere wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Moliere wrote:

2D6+2 = [3, 4]+2 = 9
This is to backstab the nearest bug.
Ok, I was expecting some more so I'll do it for you. You have Dex 2 so you could have picked 2 from the above (I'll go with you moving to stay out of sight and silent), but since you got a 9 one of them is untrue.

So, as you start to sneak up on the creature, it catches sight of you from out of the corner of it's eye so it turns towards you, foiling your backstab, but you can roll your damage (1d10).

The creature, having turned towards you allows Dar to attack the other without needing to roll a Defy Danger, but it sees Rurgosh charging towards it so it lashes out with one of its legs and kicks Omar like a missle at the running Rurgosh. Rurgosh needs to avoid the halfling or be knocked down. It also pulls out 4 throwing discs as a followup
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Remus West wrote:Given that Rurgosh doubt either he or Omar can take one of these things down in a single swing by themselves he will target the same bug.

Hack and Slash Bug Omar stabbed: 2D6 = [5, 4] = 9

Damage to Bug normal plus magic weapon.: 1D6 + 1D4 = [4]+[3] = 7
If you can dodge The Flying Omar, then you can do this.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

IceBear wrote:Ok, I was expecting some more so I'll do it for you. You have Dex 2 so you could have picked 2 from the above (I'll go with you moving to stay out of sight and silent), but since you got a 9 one of them is untrue.

So, as you start to sneak up on the creature, it catches sight of you from out of the corner of it's eye so it turns towards you, foiling your backstab, but you can roll your damage (1d10).
1D10 = [1] = 1
Did I give him a papercut because those things hurt too.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Can Ere attempt to do stun damage with a thrown ax?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Rugosh rolls under Omar, leaps back to his feet and brings his hammer crashing down on the bug's knee.
dodging the flying Omar: 2D6 = [6, 4] = 10

edit: Do I get anything extra for a 10 there? (he asked with fingers crossed)
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

"Nice roll Rurgosh"
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

"ORSO LIVES!!!!!!!!!"
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Madmarcus wrote:Can Ere attempt to do stun damage with a thrown ax?
I think your move says any weapon of a type so I am fine with stunning with a thrown axe
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

IceBear wrote:
It's close enough (they have longer arms than you but I'm supposed to be a fan of the character so I won't quibble over that). That said, they are working together in perfect tandem so attacking one would probably leave you exposed to the other.
Hive mind? Or are they just that good at fighting? And why all of a sudden are they guarding the entrance? An entrance that has been here for centuries (assumably). Something just doesn't seem right.

And these things are tough. I wish I had my fire.

I will draw on my blaze again:

Blaze: 2D6+2 = [6, 1]+2 = 9 2 blaze.

I give in to my cruelty and charge the creatures blocking the entrance. As I charge I yell back to the others, "We have to get out of here! There are probably more on their way"
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Moliere wrote:
IceBear wrote:Ok, I was expecting some more so I'll do it for you. You have Dex 2 so you could have picked 2 from the above (I'll go with you moving to stay out of sight and silent), but since you got a 9 one of them is untrue.

1D10 = [1] = 1
Unfortunately your knife failed to cut through the thing's hide. You still have 2 charges left in the knife. If you want to rewind time a bit you can use one up and reroll your damage
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

IceBear wrote:
Moliere wrote:

1D10 = [1] = 1
Unfortunately your knife failed to cut through the thing's hide. You still have 2 charges left in the knife. If you want to rewind time a bit you can use one up and reroll your damage
Could he avoid getting kicked too?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Rurgosh drops under the tumbling halfling and rushes up to the creature and starts trading blows with it. You do 4 damage (7 - 3 armor) and it does 2 damage to you
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

bb2112 wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Moliere wrote:

1D10 = [1] = 1
As long as he has charges in the knife, he can rewind time and reroll a roll. I didn't mention it then because I didn't think of it myself...was trying to process his move and get back to work. That time I remembered to mention it. Don't want to roll back to the kick now as too much has happened since
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

bb2112 wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Hive mind? Or are they just that good at fighting? And why all of a sudden are they guarding the entrance? An entrance that has been here for centuries (assumably). Something just doesn't seem right.

And these things are tough. I wish I had my fire.

I will draw on my blaze again:

Blaze: 2D6+2 = [6, 1]+2 = 9 2 blaze.

I give in to my cruelty and charge the creatures blocking the entrance. As I charge I yell back to the others, "We have to get out of here! There are probably more on their way"
A bit of both....individually they look to be skillful but there's definitely some hive mind there too

Maybe they somehow know the disc is no longer in the temple?

Zordan is rushing at the 5 in front of the entrance. They throw more discs at him as he closes.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

IceBear wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
IceBear wrote:
Moliere wrote:

1D10 = [1] = 1
As long as he has charges in the knife, he can rewind time and reroll a roll. I didn't mention it then because I didn't think of it myself...was trying to process his move and get back to work. That time I remembered to mention it. Don't want to roll back to the kick now as too much has happened since
Omar sees his dagger bounce off the bug, panics, then activates the trigger for a second attempt: 1D10 = [8] = 8
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

With that damage....Rurgosh will kill the target (though not before taking damage himself)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

IceBear wrote:With that damage....Rurgosh will kill the target (though not before taking damage himself)
Grinning with malice as the bug falls Rurgosh moves towards the one remaining in close to our bowman and spinning his hammer looks to kneecap to death it too.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I will let Dar finish that spear thrust he started hours ago