Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Re: [WW] Danger Zone! (Archer) -- Day 2

Post by Remus West »

triggercut wrote:
Remus West wrote:Why are we trying to lynch Moliere before anyone even bothers to ask RMC for more information?
Why do you want him to de-cloak more fully, Katya? ;)
Why do you want to protect him from being contested?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
triggercut wrote:
Moliere wrote:
triggercut wrote:I mean, either Cheryl is dead and they somehow figured out (or made a really good, sorta desperate guess) they got her, or she's alive and still cloaked....

...But if Moliere is Cheryl, that's a horrid misplay of that role, I'd think.

With Katya still lurking and likely still holding her power to ignore Lana, there's no way to protect Cheryl so she's going to die anyway; it's sticking a big target on your forehead. Moliere saying specifically that he *is* Cheryl is just a baddie trying to out as many ISIS specials as he can.

He's guilty.
You're over thinking it. I hinted at my Special role to avoid the RMC scenario of people wondering whether to believe him and what role he might have. I figure it's better to die tonight or tomorrow then to have the village lynch another innocent today. Cheryl's role says "If you are eliminated". Does this mean either lynched or killed at night?
Good one! :lol:

So why, Fake Cheryl, didn't you just say you were a special instead of picking for yourself the one role we can't verify you for in the open?

Your excuse is nonsense word salad that means nothing.

You aren't Cheryl.

You're Team Badguy.
Sorry, I have been in Mexico this week with limited OO time. So if I have the gist of what you are saying, Moliere is a bad guy and not Cheryl, and would know to spoof Cheryl because he knows the real Cheryl is dead because the bad guys get notified of an active ISIS agent upon Cheryl's death. Therefore either CR or Unagi had to be Cheryl. Do I have this right?
That pretty much covers it. Except for my strong opinion that an actual Cheryl wouldn't reveal that specific identity to the group in that manner because of Katya's power. I think that's probably why whoever the real Cheryl was between Unagi or CR, they went down silently, trying to lay low.
Ok, so I think I get where you are coming from, but only have one problem with the overall theme of your analysis. How are you so certain? Your scenario is certainly possible, but you approach it like it is 100% fact. What if Moliere really is Cheryl? The way you are pushing makes me think you are either a bad guy hoping we kill the real Cheryl, or you are a bad guy that is trying to get us to lynch another bad guy to buy cred. Or a third option (and this can be in conjunction with the other two) is you could try to be steering us away from the RMC train, which if I look at the last vote count has been very successful.

I guess it is possible you are either Malory or a good guy, but when I read your posts, the vehemence and the certainty, It just makes me think there is something deeper going on here and it is not good.

I think I would rather hold off on killing Moliere in case he really is Cheryl and we can always come back to him later. The bad guys would love to kill Cheryl, so if Moliere is telling the truth, they will have to make a decision tonight.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Sigh. Where is Newcastle when we need him?

:binky: :pop: :binky:

(fyi while Holman is gone, I will keep up in the thread and provide updated vote counts. I volunteered my services after seeing his attendance of a red wedding :o )
Have fun at the wedding, and if your last name is Stark, make sure to where armor.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
triggercut wrote:
Remus West wrote:Why are we trying to lynch Moliere before anyone even bothers to ask RMC for more information?
Why do you want him to de-cloak more fully, Katya? ;)
Why do you want to protect him from being contested?
I have to agree with RW on this. If RMC is going to claim special, he should define his specialness. If he is good, the wolves will have him in their crosshairs tonight and we will lose information. Especially if he is Malory, we will lose 2 scans.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm willing to lynch moliere and see if RMC survives the night without learning his role.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Today anyway

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm willing to lynch moliere and see if RMC survives the night without learning his role.
As Cheryl I am a prime candidate for the wolves to kill tonight so why waste the lynch today? If the wolves try to play the iocane powder game and not kill me tonight, hoping the village lynches me tomorrow, then we can still hope to target a wolf today instead of giving them Cheryl today and RMC tonight (assuming he is a village special).
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm willing to lynch moliere and see if RMC survives the night without learning his role.

Really? So you are willing to lynch the player who could be contested (yes, yes, I know, the bad guys would know) and allow another player to go to the night with no information regarding their claim?

Withdraw grundbegriff 

I'm willing to lynch scoop after RMC makes a specific claim.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere, you think RMC is telling the truth?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Also, if there is a special we can afford to lose it is Cheryl. There is no way to prove you other than killing you. Why wait?

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Also, if there is a special we can afford to lose it is Cheryl. There is no way to prove you other than killing you. Why wait?
Because you're giving the wolves a bonus ID. Why would you want to do their work for them unless you're one of them?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Moliere, you think RMC is telling the truth?
No idea. I am reluctant to test him via a lynch though. I prefer going after those that appear to be manipulating the group (Grun & Trig) or those that appear to be misdirecting the group (ElG).
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Why are people who are at least supposed to be on the goodguy team actually suggesting that RMC tell us his specific power?

Moliere isn't Cheryl.

No one should come forward.

If Moliere is the daytime lynch and ISN'T a badguy, then we can take a really hard look at me and at RMC and at Grundbegriff.

But seriously. Moliere is an Assassin. It'd be great if he was Katya. That would be SUPERB.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

triggercut wrote:Why are people who are at least supposed to be on the goodguy team actually suggesting that RMC tell us his specific power?

Moliere isn't Cheryl.

If Moliere is the daytime lynch and ISN'T a badguy, then we can take a really hard look at me and at RMC and at Grundbegriff.

But seriously. Moliere is an Assassin. It'd be great if he was Katya. That would be SUPERB.
You make me want to self-vote just so I can see you come back grovelling to the village and explain why you were wrong, but you did it in the their best interest bla bla bla.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Moliere wrote:
triggercut wrote:Why are people who are at least supposed to be on the goodguy team actually suggesting that RMC tell us his specific power?

Moliere isn't Cheryl.

You make me want to self-vote just so I can see you come back grovelling to the village and explain why you were wrong, but you did it in the their best interest bla bla bla.
That would sure make it easier on us. I dare you to!

(You won't, of course. Not until RMC gives himself away so your sacrifice earns that.)
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

In fact, I think Moliere just told us he's Barry.

He's going to volunteer, survive being executed, and then they're hoping to get a freebie at RMC or any other ISIS special who says anything.

Sure, he'll swing tomorrow during the day, but that may not matter because ISIS will be hard pressed to win. Essentially he can trade his one life for two of us, and if one of those two is Malory, so much the better.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

2nd that: RMC keep you devil mouth shut. If you survive the night then we can deal with you tomorrow.

If moliere is a miss that sucks but trig's scenario fits and I want to test it. Otherwise we test RMC which I'm against or we start over and maybe expose another special which I don't want. I don't even want to speculate on what both moliere and RMC being ISIS would be like.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

By the way if Moliere survives a lynch he can't claim to be Archer at now. That's why I don't think he is Barry.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vote Tally:

(5) Moliere: RMC, Triggercut, Vorret, Scoop, Grundbegriff
(1) RMC: bb2112,
(1) Grundbegriff: Moliere,

Not voting: El Guapo, Lassr, Remus West,

Majority is 6

Moliere is at n-1.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So I guess I will place the killing vote again. The scenario mentioned with Moliere is very possible even if the odds are in favor of it not happening.

Let's have a closer look.

Remember Mara Jade!
 Moliere 

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere, you've got some time before Holman can post. Anything you'd like to say?

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Scoop20906 wrote:Moliere, you've got some time before Holman can post. Anything you'd like to say?

Probably "Hi, I'm Barry the Cyborg. You may remember me from such previous execution attempts as..."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Scoop20906 wrote:By the way if Moliere survives a lynch he can't claim to be Archer at now. That's why I don't think he is Barry.

True. More than likely he's Conway. Had he survived today he might get scanned and come back as ISIS instead of Assassin and could ride out the game that way, with us assuming he was telling the truth about being Cheryl.

Tough break for the Assassins. They're still in the driver's seat, but I feel fairly confident we got one.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Moliere, you've got some time before Holman can post. Anything you'd like to say?
The Isle of Man... Oh my God... Is that like Whore Island for women?

Good job wolves. You managed to get the sheep to follow you.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vote Tally:

(6) Moliere: RMC, Triggercut, Vorret, Scoop, Grundbegriff, Lassr,

Not voting: El Guapo, Remus West,

Majority is 6

Moliere is LYNCHED

(am sure you got time prior to Holman being able to post an update)
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:Vote Tally:

Majority is 6

Moliere is LYNCHED

what, we have to wait for Holman to know the outcome?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Enlarge Image

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Vote Tally:

Majority is 6

Moliere is LYNCHED

what, we have to wait for Holman to know the outcome?
Yes, not gonna deprive you of those wonderful, awesomesauce, writeups of Holman.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote:what, we have to wait for Holman to know the outcome?
I already told you the outcome. Village loses. Good job. :clap:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
Even if you are Cheryl you are still kind of overstating your value there.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
My value? It was passive, i.e., don't lynch me because the wolves get a free look at the villagers. What was the sheeple's solution? Let's lynch Moliere because triggercut gave some b.s. write-up explanation and no one wanted to bother thinking for themselves. The village gets what they deserve: a wolf victory.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hello all!

I'm checking in on my phone, so I can't do a clever write-up. Please pretend I did one and that it was tremendous. And also there was a funny picture.

Day 2 Results

Let's cut to the chase. There was a chase, and Moliere was the fox. The hounds won.

In retrospect, it seems bloodier and more cruel than it really needed to be.

Moliere was an ISIS agent!!

Night 2 begins...

Specials, please PM me:

Lana, whom do you protect?
Malory, whom do you scan?
Assassins, whom do you kill?

Would someone mind quoting the final vote tally for me please? It's a pain on this device.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

F*CK!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Well that was not what I expected.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
My value? It was passive, i.e., don't lynch me because the wolves get a free look at the villagers. What was the sheeple's solution? Let's lynch Moliere because triggercut gave some b.s. write-up explanation and no one wanted to bother thinking for themselves. The village gets what they deserve: a wolf victory.
I really don't understand why we went forward on this. We could have waited. Now the wolves are going to get a name of one of our specials. Doh!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Gah, now they know who someone else is on our team and can either kill them tonight or know not to bother. May not be that damaging to us but it does help them.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Re: [WW] Danger Zone! (Archer) -- Night 2

Post by triggercut »

I'm certainly gobsmacked. Either we have a new legend for WW Game Lore, or someone's made a mistake along the line. Likely me, though I stand by everything I said yesterday unconditionally.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Crap, was away for the weekend, it sounded like a good decision back then :|
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I sure hope Holman survived the Red Wedding.