OBSOLETE -- [WW] Danger Zone! -- OBSOLETE

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: [WW] Danger Zone! (Archer) -- Night 2

Post by El Guapo »

triggercut wrote:I'm certainly gobsmacked. Either we have a new legend for WW Game Lore, or someone's made a mistake along the line. Likely me, though I stand by everything I said yesterday unconditionally.
I'm still baffled as to why you were so certain.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:Crap, was away for the weekend, it sounded like a good decision back then :|
No, it didn't.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

What was the other decision? Kill RMC?

Or take our luck with outing a possible third special?

I liked Trig's scenario and I wanted to test it.

I'm really disappointed we lost Moliere but I feel like we learned a lot from it and then see what happens tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Let's hope the random guy they get is RMC so they don't know another one of our special (IF he's telling the truth, obviously)
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:What was the other decision? Kill RMC?

Or take our luck with outing a possible third special?

I liked Trig's scenario and I wanted to test it.

I'm really disappointed we lost Moliere but I feel like we learned a lot from it and then see what happens tonight.

Well, the logical next step would've been to force RMC to claim a special and see if anyone contested it. We've talked repeatedly over games about how withholding that information helps the wolves not the village.

I agree that "trig's scenario" was a danger, which is why I had posted before about the conundrum that it created for the village. But like I said then, because it was so speculative it would've been better to use a scan not a lynch on Moliere if we really wanted to test it.

In any event, we'll see how things look in the morning I suppose.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:Let's hope the random guy they get is RMC so they don't know another one of our special (IF he's telling the truth, obviously)
Assuming RMC is telling the truth, we don't want the wolves to get RMC via Cheryl's scan, we would want them to get a regular villager not RMC. Though I suppose that doesn't matter on account of this not being something that we control.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Idiocy. Anyone not on team evil should feel ashamed that they went along with that vote. Its the same argument every frigging game (as El Guapo mentioned) yet people still allow it to happen and this time you upped the ante to lynch someone who had claimed a role and been uncontested. Idiocy.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:Let's hope the random guy they get is RMC so they don't know another one of our special (IF he's telling the truth, obviously)
Assuming RMC is telling the truth, we don't want the wolves to get RMC via Cheryl's scan, we would want them to get a regular villager not RMC. Though I suppose that doesn't matter on account of this not being something that we control.
Oh, I thought it was giving away a special, nevermind then
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Remus West wrote:Idiocy. Anyone not on team evil should feel ashamed that they went along with that vote. Its the same argument every frigging game (as El Guapo mentioned) yet people still allow it to happen and this time you upped the ante to lynch someone who had claimed a role and been uncontested. Idiocy.
It's always such a lovely time playing these games with Remus.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

(Winky face edit to last post...;))
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:
Remus West wrote:Idiocy. Anyone not on team evil should feel ashamed that they went along with that vote. Its the same argument every frigging game (as El Guapo mentioned) yet people still allow it to happen and this time you upped the ante to lynch someone who had claimed a role and been uncontested. Idiocy.
It's always such a lovely time playing these games with Remus.
But he's not wrong. :?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

We will know more tomorrow. Everyone stare are Holman.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

first I failed comprehension then I'm an idiot. Are you always this mean?

I was originally going to pressure RMC into revealing but triggercut was absolutely positive that Moliere was lying. So then why pressure RMC at that time. Hopefully RMC will not be killed tonight either through protection or wolves afraid he is protected. Let them guess and we can ask RMC when day rolls around. And triggercut has some explaining to do.

Should be an interesting day.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Agents! I have returned.

My travel has been an ordeal, and I can't catch up or even read PMs until tomorrow. You have no idea.

See you then! Again I apologize for the weekend delay.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:

I was originally going to pressure RMC into revealing but triggercut was absolutely positive that Moliere was lying. So then why pressure RMC at that time. Hopefully RMC will not be killed tonight either through protection or wolves afraid he is protected. Let them guess and we can ask RMC when day rolls around. And triggercut has some explaining to do.

Why would triggercut's certainty matter?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:

It is still night and I don't know if the hold up is Holman, an ISIS agent or the assassins. Now is not the time to answer that question.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Lassr wrote:

It is still night and I don't know if the hold up is Holman, an ISIS agent or the assassins. Now is not the time to answer that question.
Yeah, you are right about that.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

(The hold-up was me.)

Night 2 Results:

Deep in the bowels of the ISIS mainframe, a CPU sat and processed. So much data, it calculated to itself, so little context.

Reports arrived hourly: Agent RMC has been cleared at the border of Luxembourg; Agent Triggercut has applied for bullet reimbursement; Agent Vorret’s phone is under surveillance by Italian intelligence; Agent Lassr requires immediate extraction from hot landing zone in Colombia; Agent bb2112 has been arrested in Atlantic City on suspicion of soliciting prostitution; Agent Scoop has been arrested in Atlantic City on suspicion of prostitution.

It just kept coming.

Agent Remus West has submitted new retinal scans; Agent Grundbegriff has reallocated his ITIAA-CREFF; Agent El Guapo requests a new password for his company email.

A glitch occurred, or what seemed like a glitch. The CPU reprocessed. Now reset, the status indicated properly: El Guapo is alive.

Moments later, however, the glitch returned. El Guapo is dead.

The CPU reinitialized, reset, and rebooted, but the same pattern recurred.

El Guapo is alive.

El Guapo is dead.

El Guapo is alive.

El Guapo is dead.

El Guapo is alive.

Finally the results saved.

-El Guapo is dead.-

Day 3 begins

1) Scoop20906
2) bb2112
xxx 3) El Guapo [Computer glitched Night 2]
xxx 4) Newcastle [Lynched on Day 1]
xxx 5) Moliere [Lynched Day 2]
6) Grundbegriff
7) RMC
xxx 8) Chaosraven [Headsploded on Night 1]
9) Remus West
10) Triggercut
11) Lassr
xxx 12) Unagi [Teletyped on Night 0]
13) Vorret

Majority is 5.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:Agent Scoop has been arrested in Atlantic City on suspicion of prostitution.
F YOU HOLMAN!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, you have a knack for this. Great write ups!

Scoop20906

Re: [WW] Danger Zone! (Archer) -- Day 3

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, that was a smart move.

1) Scoop20906
2) bb2112
xxx 3) El Guapo [Computer glitched Night 2]
xxx 4) Newcastle [Lynched on Day 1]
xxx 5) Moliere [Lynched Day 2]
6) Grundbegriff
7) RMC
xxx 8) Chaosraven [Headsploded on Night 1]
9) Remus West
10) Triggercut
11) Lassr
xxx 12) Unagi [Teletyped on Night 0]
13) Vorret

Losing El Guapo is bad for us just based on his analysis alone. Hopefully he wasn't a special. RMC survived the night. I think we need to know what his role is lest we give him a pass he doesn't deserve.

I hope we still have a scanner.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I believe with 8 people we are down to one last potential miss as long as we don't hit someone that can't be lynched or a protection tonight. Before we go forward I have 2 questions I would like answered:

1. RMC, who the hell are you?
2. We need Malory's scans. I sure hope she is still alive.

Obviously, I am not Malory.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:I believe with 8 people we are down to one last potential miss as long as we don't hit someone that can't be lynched or a protection tonight. Before we go forward I have 2 questions I would like answered:

1. RMC, who the hell are you?
2. We need Malory's scans. I sure hope she is still alive.

Obviously, I am not Malory.
Agreed. I'm not Malory either.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Uh, before we all declare whether we are, or are not, Malory, let's have RMC declare first. :D
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:Uh, before we all declare whether we are, or are not, Malory, let's have RMC declare first. :D
You think RMC might counter?

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Uh, before we all declare whether we are, or are not, Malory, let's have RMC declare first. :D
You think RMC might counter?
I don't want everyone to claim they are not Malory and then give RMC a place to hide if he is Evil.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

OK, so we basically need to hit a bad guy here or it's game over, by my calculation, right?

And some of you--specifically the late El Guapo--were wondering why I was so sure about Moliere.

I'll tell you why.

I'm Cheryl Tunt.

I haven't the foggiest of notions why Moliere claimed that role as a member of Isis. It makes zero sense to me. I didn't need anyone to claim my role to "take the heat off me" or anything else. I was doing just fine not getting killed on my own.

I also have gone back to re-read the PM(s) I got at the game start. Did I misread? No, there it is. Noontime revision. Cheryl Tunt. Isis Special.

I didn't step forward and outright refute Moliere's claim yesterday mostly because I know that Katya's still out there and probably hasn't used her power yet, and I didn't want to give the badguys a free scan at everyone's expense when they killed me overnight.

Instead, I laid out the groundwork as to why Cheryl Tunt wouldn't come forward based on my own thinking AS CHERYL TUNT. (You may make your jokes about needing to be choked.)

So. I dunno what the hell is going on.

Moliere misread his role.
Moliere did something that will go down in WW Game lore with Kelricking and Bakshotting.
Holman accidentally put two Cheryl Tunts in the game....

Something.

But you folks wanted to know why I was so sure, that's why.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, this is a scenario that is worse than I thought it would be.

And Holman can't comment because that might influence the game.

Here is something to think on. Moliere plays these games by his own rulez. Sometimes that frustrates me but I also like that we all don't play the game by the rule book. Thats boring. So, if we believe Trig, then Moliere may be claiming a lesser role like Cheryl to hide the fact he was a great role like Archer, no not Archer because then he would have survived the lynch, so Lana or Malory. If he is Malory, thats a really dumb play so I am leaning towards thinking he may be Lana.

And now to Trig. Claiming a role that can't be proven. Basically, we need a hit today so that doubly screws us. We REALLY need to hope RMC the devil is being honest. That will be a stretch.

Do we need to maybe consider out mass outing at this point to give us a chance to find at least one assassin?

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, this is a scenario that is worse than I thought it would be.

And Holman can't comment because that might influence the game.

Here is something to think on. Moliere plays these games by his own rulez. Sometimes that frustrates me but I also like that we all don't play the game by the rule book. Thats boring. So, if we believe Trig, then Moliere may be claiming a lesser role like Cheryl to hide the fact he was a great role like Archer, no not Archer because then he would have survived the lynch, so Lana or Malory. If he is Malory, thats a really dumb play so I am leaning towards thinking he may be Lana.

And now to Trig. Claiming a role that can't be proven. Basically, we need a hit today so that doubly screws us. We REALLY need to hope RMC the devil is being honest. That will be a stretch.

Do we need to maybe consider out mass outing at this point to give us a chance to find at least one assassin?
There are 8 of us left.

3 are badguys.

If we miss today, game's over.

No point in not flipping your cards.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Since we had a first role assignment followed by a scratch and a reassignment, I think it's at least possible that Moliere was originally Cheryl and didn't grok that the roles had been remixed.

If Holman knows that Moliere was originally Cheryl, then arguably he should reveal that fact so that we can know how to interpret l'affaire Moliere and triggercut's actions.

Thoughts about this?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Grundbegriff wrote:Since we had a first role assignment followed by a scratch and a reassignment, I think it's at least possible that Moliere was originally Cheryl and didn't grok that the roles had been remixed.

If Holman knows that Moliere was originally Cheryl, then arguably he should reveal that fact so that we can know how to interpret l'affaire Moliere and triggercut's actions.

Thoughts about this?
Much as that would help Isis out here, I'm not sure I'm in on this.

Holman was actively monitoring the game (as in, before wedding weekend) when Moliere claimed to be Cheryl, and doubled down on it. Holman knows if Moliere originally got a PM telling him his role was originally Cheryl, presumably. At that point, he could've spoken up via PM to say "Hey dude, re-check your PMs, just to be clear here."

That doesn't appear to have happened, and at least my PM is very clear about things and was handle with clarity and no ambiguity.

I think we have to wear this.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Since we had a first role assignment followed by a scratch and a reassignment, I think it's at least possible that Moliere was originally Cheryl and didn't grok that the roles had been remixed.

Thoughts about this?
If Holman knows for sure there was a role mistake made by Moliere he should say something otherwise he shouldn't comment at all.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

triggercut wrote:

Thoughts about this?
Much as that would help Isis out here, I'm not sure I'm in on this.

Holman was actively monitoring the game (as in, before wedding weekend) when Moliere claimed to be Cheryl, and doubled down on it. Holman knows if Moliere originally got a PM telling him his role was originally Cheryl, presumably. At that point, he could've spoken up via PM to say "Hey dude, re-check your PMs, just to be clear here."

That doesn't appear to have happened, and at least my PM is very clear about things and was handle with clarity and no ambiguity.

I think we have to wear this.
Trig, you are getting too meta by discussing PMs. Please stop.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

This. I went from Cheryl to regular villager, but had it in my head that I was still Cheryl. :oops:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well that is a mess. Regardless, it does not make the people jumping on a Moliere train with an outstanding unnamed claimant out there forgivable. We need to hear from RMC before anything else. His hand needs to be played now because we are against the wall.

as for those who think I'm being mean, I'm not used to being alive this long so it may be making me cranky but I'm also tired of having the same argument in the same situation every game. When I had time to post 8 bazillion times that we need to force the claim it wasn't that big a deal as I'd just keep beating you over the head with it until it was done. Now I don't have time and we lynched one of our own and left an unclaimed claim out there - to survive the night raising even more questions about his role.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, well, now we know.

Is it in the game bounds for someone to pull a "Moliere" and still have that be part of the game. I mean, Moliere should not even be able to announce this information since the mistake was entirely his and he was dead. UGH...

I'm not sure if we have allowed an unfair advantage to one side. Trig, for all intent and purposes, is a proven now and he shouldn't be able to do that within the rulez. Moliere's mistake was an innocent one but he shouldn't be able to correct it just know since he is dead.

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Remus probably got cranky because he's Team Assassin and couldn't believe they didn't get the name of an Isis Agent when we executed Moliere...;)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote:
This. I went from Cheryl to regular villager, but had it in my head that I was still Cheryl. :oops:
You probably shouldn't have said that, should have left it to Holman to decide. You are dead.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:
Moliere wrote:
You probably shouldn't have said that, should have left it to Holman to decide. You are dead.
Yeah, that probably spoils the stew.

This should probably be an Assassin win, and I say that as a member of Team Isis.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, well, now we know.

Is it in the game bounds for someone to pull a "Moliere" and still have that be part of the game. I mean, Moliere should not even be able to announce this information since the mistake was entirely his and he was dead. UGH...

I'm not sure if we have allowed an unfair advantage to one side. Trig, for all intent and purposes, is a proven now and he shouldn't be able to do that within the rulez. Moliere's mistake was an innocent one but he shouldn't be able to correct it just know since he is dead.
I agree, I want to win but win fair.

And to answer El Guapos question about not forcing RMC out is I was thinking Triggercut might be Malory or Cheryl, he was damned certain Moliere was lying. So why out RMC at that time when it seemed we had a bad guy in hand. Let the assassins guess if RMC was Malory or Lana. If he announced then the bad guys would have known how to proceed with the night kill. We could easily deal with RMC the next day if he lived. Plus if he was Malory I think he would have volunteered the info in case he died last night and we could have lost his scans. So I think RMC is either Lana or an assassin.

Black Lives Matter