GMG Mystery game $.20

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Zenn7

GMG Mystery game $.20

Post by Zenn7 »

Green Man Gaming has a buy a mystery game for $.20 (one/account) that just started.

I got SteelStorm&DLC - not quite sure what that is. Gave me a key (steam key I'm guessing, not really clear). Usually, it's been more clear what I'm getting when I buy games from GMG, but first ever mystery game.

EDIT: I believe this is Steel Storm: Burning Retribution & DLC (a steam key provided).

Not my kind of game. Any one else get anything interesting, maybe want to trade?
Blackhawk

Re: GMG Mystery game $.20

Post by Blackhawk »

Link? I'm not seeing it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:Link? I'm not seeing it.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/my ... -1-pack/#b
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

coopasonic wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Link? I'm not seeing it.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/my ... -1-pack/#b
Thanks Coop, I never posted anything to need a link before, didn't think to include one. :oops:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, I invested my twenty cents. I received City of Chains. Looks like an old-school RPG, but one that I have no interest in if anyone wants it.
Godzilla Blitz

Post by Godzilla Blitz »

Heh, I tried my luck, got a key for ... something. It doesn't seem to show what I got, but when I plugged the key into Steam it said I already have the game.

If anyone wants my mystery key, just let me know.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How do you find this deal and others like it on GMG.........I dont see it when I go look. Yes I know theres a link...but I want to know how for future times.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Daehawk wrote:How do you find this deal and others like it on GMG.........I dont see it when I go look. Yes I know theres a link...but I want to know how for future times.
I get their emails, and just lucked out and was in my email when this came in, so off I went to check it out...
Godzilla Blitz wrote:Heh, I tried my luck, got a key for ... something. It doesn't seem to show what I got, but when I plugged the key into Steam it said I already have the game.

If anyone wants my mystery key, just let me know.
For mine at least, it still says mystery game in the game picture, but there was a game name by the key (though it was a bit hard to determine what exactly it was and I'm slightly guessing STEELSTORM&DLC is what Steel Storm: Burning Retribution & DLC.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Likewise, it was something like "CITYOFCHAINS-23408Df9083" (but with a real key instead of random keybaord-bangings.)
Godzilla Blitz

Post by Godzilla Blitz »

Ah, okay. I saw those letters and wondered about them, but they didn't ring a bell, and searching for various forms of them on Steam didn't return anything helpful. But they must be abbreviations.

I get it now, mystery game means figuring out what game you actually got, even after you got it!

Clue:
TGP&BTDT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Godzilla Blitz

Post by Godzilla Blitz »

Nicely played! Thanks.

If anyone wants it just get in touch and I'll send along the key.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Anyone get anything interesting out of this?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Zenn7 wrote:Anyone get anything interesting out of this?
I got the same thing as you.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Greenmangaming is doing their summer sale. Different deals every 48 hours. Level up is the current them (more fantasy themed stuff). They had space/sci-fi stuff last 2 days.

They also have the mystery games again.

No vouchers, you have to log in to see the best deals - for the mystery games:

1 - $.40
5 - $1.99
10 - $2.99

Thinking to try the 10 pack and see if I get anything worthwhile or 10 donations to the free giveaway forum.

EDIT: so I decided to try a 10 pack...

NIHILUMBRA
RUSHBROS
POSTAL2COMPLETE
CURVATRON
BLACKSHADOWS
SHIPLORD
NANINIGHTS
ONIKIRADEMONKILLER
CRYSTALSOFTIME
PROTORAIDER

Now to figure out what all of those are and if any are things I might remotely want (or at least my kid might...)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Zenn7 wrote:Greenmangaming is doing their summer sale. Different deals every 48 hours. Level up is the current them (more fantasy themed stuff). They had space/sci-fi stuff last 2 days.

They also have the mystery games again.

No vouchers, you have to log in to see the best deals - for the mystery games:

1 - $.40
5 - $1.99
10 - $2.99

Thinking to try the 10 pack and see if I get anything worthwhile or 10 donations to the free giveaway forum.

EDIT: so I decided to try a 10 pack...

NIHILUMBRA
RUSHBROS
POSTAL2COMPLETE
CURVATRON
BLACKSHADOWS
SHIPLORD
NANINIGHTS
ONIKIRADEMONKILLER
CRYSTALSOFTIME
PROTORAIDER

Now to figure out what all of those are and if any are things I might remotely want (or at least my kid might...)
Kid thought Blackshadows, Naninights and Onikira Demon Killer looked interesting enough to try and wife likes hidden object games so she might try Crystals of Time some day.

The rest are off to freebie thread in trade forum.

Edit - now considering if I should try the 5 pack...

Edit edit - apparently, I could buy another 10 pack...
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Betrayer (cool)
Rush Bros. (have it)
Postal (ugh)
Curvatron (Snake clone)
BlackShadows ("Very Negative")
Shiplord (indie bullet hell)
Quick Slick Deadly (looks like another space shooter)
Lethal RPG: War (port from indie browser RPG, but good ratings)
Solar Shifter EX (another shmup, nice graphics but mediocre ratings)
DungeonUp ("rogue-like puzzler"--great ratings, looks similar to Chip's Challenge)

So... pretty much the bundle pap you were expecting. Steam prices of between $1 and $10, probably averaging $3 or $4. If I didn't have a billion other games in my library, I could see booting a few of them up.

Anyway, don't regret it really for that price. Might get some Steam cards out of it (I didn't check as I added them to my library). I wonder if there are slim odds to get any AAAs?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I contemplated buying another 10 pack (hoping I wouldn't get duplicates to what they already gave me), but then I thought, given the limited number of games I really want and how few of those are on GMG, even if I got a "AAA/good" title, it would be unlikely to be something I really want. Suppose if it was really worthwhile, I could probably sell it cheaply on here, but most likely just end up giving it away. Nice thing for the community but not so helpful for limited gaming budget.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Someone posted online that they got Dark Souls 3, but if they were telling the truth it must be extremely unlikely.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Nihulumbra was a lot of fun. Give it a go.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

They have these on sale again - 1 game $.20 (they have 5/10 game packs but the per game price, 1 game is cheapest in this particular sale). And for some stupid reason, even though I had previously decided there was virtually no chance of getting a game I actually wanted... I bought another one.

Got Arcen's Skyward Collapse. Which is a game I had actually been mildly interested in and briefly contemplated buying. $.20 well spent to get a chance to check it out (did briefly but was too tired and not too much time today so didn't even complete the tutorial mission).

Though, if I look at it from the perspective of all the other money I have invested on these mystery games to finally get 1 game I was interested in, not so good... (but I'm not going to think like that...)