Clash of Clans

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Moliere

Re: Clash of Clans

Post by Moliere »

I have never joined a clan so everything has been running solo so far. I intentionally lose battles to reduce my trophy count. It reduces the number of high level players that attack me so that I rarely get attacked anymore even when I have millions in elixer and gold. My main army is 121 barbarians, 2 angels for healing, 3 wall breakers, and 9 giants. I also have 2 rage spells and 1 healing spell available. Recently, I have been focusing on stealing gold so I will scroll through villages until I find someone with over 100k gold available and their mines on the outer defenses. I can then use my 121 barbarians to take out the mines, collect the gold and leave, costing me only 18,000 in elixer. If there is more worth taking at a relatively medium to easy defense I will use the rest of my army and spells. Even using everything it only costs me 150,000 in elixer. The other good thing about using the 121 barbarians is that I can have them rebuilt in under 15 minutes to do it over again. I have experimented with more expensive armies like dragons and the blue samurai guys, but it never seems worth it.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

They're adding the ability to practice attacks on your clanmates. Your army is returned at the end of the attack. You don't lose any resources. You can put up any of your valid saved town layouts for attack - normal or war.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Finally earned 2000 gems to buy my 5th Builder. That only took 18 months.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I've been close to 2000 gems, but I rarely have all 4 builders in use at the same time. I used a bunch of gems to rush a couple of upgrades.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I've had 5 for a while and am up to 864 gems again working on 6...I think that is possible. Right now I'm upgrading to purple walls. About half done. Technically they should be black before I more on to the next TH level, but I'm not sure I have the patience. I get about 2 wall segments a day, so it's pretty slow going.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Here's my current base, set up for maximum DE protection.

Enlarge Image
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

How are you doing that screenshot? Is it something within the game or do you use a separate app?

That village design seems to encourage my type of raids: rush in and destroy all the mines and elixer machines. Also surprised that you didn't upgrade all the wizard towers before working on turning the walls black.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

The new editing tools let you turn on "photo mode" to get a clean pic. Then it's just a screen capture using the ipad, upload it to imgur, and link to it here.

Didn't want to fully complete my defenses, then be left with only walls to upgrade, so I've been working a few in between upgrades.

My mines & pumps rarely go more than a few hours without being emptied, so I don't have a lot to steal in a resource grab, and if you snipe my perimeter, you won't have enough troops to hit my DE tank. And I have enough defenses around the perimeter to make a resource grab very costly. I've done the math on a few raids, and about half the time, more is spent on the army that attacks than they're able to grab.

Since I created this layout, only one attack has destroyed my DE tank (and that was because my xbows were set to ground/air and had reduced range). Even that attack used 2 golems and 9 valkries to steal 2k DE...a wash for the attacker.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bakhtosh wrote:The new editing tools let you turn on "photo mode" to get a clean pic. Then it's just a screen capture using the ipad, upload it to imgur, and link to it here.
Thanks!

Here's mine:

The inner circle is filled with the storage bins, Clan castle, and Town Hall. The circle is filled with various bombs and surrounded by black walls. Then comes smaller circles with all my area damage defenses and air defenses. Then a 3rd circle with the defenses that can attack both ground and air along with all of my mines and elixer pumps. Everything is symmetrically spread out so an attack to any side has a balanced defense and minimal resources to take. Finally, outside of the walls are all the fodder buildings meant to force the attackers to take longer before reaching the resources.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Looks like you're not in a clan. My clan, Arklahoma will accept you. That's a really nice base. You don't have to war if you don't want, and having a castle full of Max wizards or better is never a bad thing.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

All collectors can be boosted for 1 gem for 7 days. :D
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Servers are down for maintenance...update is on the way.

The October update is here with a new defense, a revamp to army training, loads of new content and much more!

New Content & Balancing:

Introducing the Bomb Tower at Town Hall 8!
New troop levels: Dragon, Baby Dragon, Wizard
New defense Levels: X-Bow, Mortar, Hidden Tesla
25 more wall pieces to Town Hall 11
Lots of upgrade costs and times reduced
Rebalancing, including Witch and Skeleton Spell buffs
Clan Wars loot and Clan XP rules revisited
Continued balancing changes to Clan Wars matchmaking

Read the in-depth Balancing & Update News article for all the details!

Army Training Revamp & Quick Train:

We've rethought army training into a streamlined experience that lets you train two full armies with two simple taps!
Watch a video highlighting the changes and get the full rundown here.

Friendly Wars:

Challenge other Clans to friendly Clan War face-offs. Friendly wars can be as short as one hour and as small as 5v5!
Interested? Watch a walkthrough video and get more information here.

Clash Friends & Friendly Challenge Updates:

Clash Friends: Add friends in Clash via player profiles
Search Players by player tag (check the player profile menu)
Moving decorations no longer puts a layout on Friendly Challenge cooldown
Heroes now defend in Friendly Challenge attacks even when under upgrade

Have a blast with the new update!
The Clash of Clans Team
stessier

Post by stessier »

3 more days until I am Level 9. Woo-hoo!

Edit: Wow - looking back it was July 8th I was working on the purple walls. Went all the way to black before upgrading TH. My Clan Castle is only at Level 3, but then I'm not part of a Clan so not such a big deal. It's a long road.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I've seen more swastikas looking for a village to attack than watching the History channel. :doh:
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think I lost my game. I had to factory reset my tablet and I'm not sure I can remember my account info. That's kind of a bummer.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Uh oh...I have mine linked to game center/google play.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image

I ran into a village that had this design. Pretty cool 3d effect.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

https://clashofclans.com/blog/release-n ... -balancing
Hey Chief!

As you know we are working on a massive update, completely different from every other update and we couldn't be more excited to show it to you (very soon!).
In the meantime, learn about the balancing update for your home village that will go live at the same time as the BIG update! This round focuses on powering up late-game spells and helping the grind through Town Hall level 9.

NEW: Clone Spell level 5 (Town Hall 11)
Clone Spell levels 1-5 clone capacity increased • Clone Spell level 3 now available at Town Hall 10
Weak Clone Spells are underwhelming, especially at Town Hall 10, so we’ve unlocked more cloning capacity. The newest Clone Spell reaches 40 capacity, letting you get 8 Balloons or even 2 Dragons per spell!

NEW: Freeze Spell level 6 (Town Hall 11)
When facing off against the Eagle Artillery, every second of a Freeze Spell counts. The newest level helps to give your troops the time they need.

NEW: Heal Spell level 7 (Town Hall 10)
The utility of Heal Spells becomes quite limited against the heal-blocking effects of the Inferno Tower. A new level will help make those healing opportunities more compelling.

7th Gold Mine and Elixir Collector now available at Town Hall 9 (was 10)
Resources are tight on Town Hall 9, so giving earlier access to these collectors will help ease the grind.

Bomb damage increased
This highly important change ensures that one Bomb will always destroy a Wall Breaker of equal level.

Balloon attack rate increased
Balloons have enjoyed very high use rates since their latest “fast drop” balancing. This change doesn’t affect the speed of the fast drop or damage per second, but an increased attack rate means each bomb does less damage. This softens their initial attack, but makes follow-up attacks happen sooner.

Upgrade Time/Cost Discounts:
Freeze Spell levels 1-5
Clone Spell levels 1-5
Heal Spell levels 4-5

There will be much more content to come on the other side - stay tuned!

Clash on!
- The Clash of Clans Team
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Anyone in a good high level clan that actually does wars a couple of times a week? Current clan has gone a little dormant on the wars. Not looking for high-pressure, but would like to find a clan where I can get some advice and encouragement.
Click to embiggen
Enlarge Image
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I've spent almost a year grinding up my Level 9 Town Hall, and specifically getting my Wall to level 10. Now they offer an additional gold mine and elixir pump? :grund:

Also, adding the boat leading to a second area? Not sure if I want to grind up two cities.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

The second town is purely optional, but it does give those of us who are grinding walls a chance to build something.

I'm in a similar boat (no pun intended). Trying to wrap up TH9, and now we get extra collectors? :roll:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bakhtosh wrote:Anyone in a good high level clan that actually does wars a couple of times a week?
Did you find a clan? After one year of daily grinding for resources I finally finished my level 10 walls. Everything else is fully upgraded too. I am ready to join my first clan.

Enlarge Image
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Nice! I'm working on my walls, and heroes (21 Q & 20 K).
I'm in a good clan, but we've lost some members and aren't warring anymore.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I just won my 5000th multiplayer battle. 20 gems seems like a puny reward considering you get 25 gems in every gem box.