BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 1- Game On

Post by Moliere »

Release the noose:

I'm the cool guy:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Holman

Post by Holman »

Moliere wrote:Release the noose:
I'm the cool guy:
The Rules wrote:-Lampkin can escape the first lynch attempt against him resulting in no lynch for the day. But if he is killed at night by the Cylons he will provide them the role of a living player (excluding the Cylon team) chosen randomly.
If you're really Lampkin, we'll know after the lynch fails. But claiming Lampkin gives the Cylons the opportunity to kill you at leisure, inviting Starbuck to protect you more than once.

Even if you are Lampkin, then, we should try to lynch you. Starbuck needs to know you're safe to cover twice.

Moliere 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

We'll wait for the peanut gallery to chime in with a contradiction but for now, out a special then follow unagi and kill an assassin, isn't that how the formula works?:

Withdraw Moliere 

Newcastle 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:We'll wait for the peanut gallery to chime in with a contradiction but for now, out a special then follow unagi and kill an assassin, isn't that how the formula works?:

Withdraw Moliere 

Newcastle 

Interesting that the claim is of a role whose only useful power is to prove himself by being the lynch target and you want to move on to someone else.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

moliere[/accusse] 

xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

tru1cy wrote: moliere 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
LordMortis wrote:We'll wait for the peanut gallery to chime in with a contradiction but for now, out a special then follow unagi and kill an assassin, isn't that how the formula works?:

Withdraw Moliere 

Newcastle 

Interesting that the claim is of a role whose only useful power is to prove himself by being the lynch target and you want to move on to someone else.
Who's got 2 thumbs, loves airlocks and is so full of awesomness that jelly folks just have to lynch?

/rotates thumbs to points at himself

"This guy!"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere should be the lynch target unless something else pops up. It's a "guaranteed" miss so to speak; if he's telling the truth of course.
Bayraktar!!!!

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:

Withdraw Moliere 

Newcastle 

Unless there is counterclaim, BSG is better suited hunting for a cylon than it is getting breaking even for the day.

Or is it also interesting that the claim is of a role whose only useful power is to prove himself by being the lynch target and you don't vote for him?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Why would Lampkin claim his role at all prior to being lynched? If he's lynched, everyone knows it's him, and at that point he's proven good. Outing himself does nothing to help the good guys since it openly invites the Cylons to target him.

A real Lampkin doesn't want that, but a Daniel does.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:Why would Lampkin claim his role at all prior to being lynched? If he's lynched, everyone knows it's him, and at that point he's proven good. Outing himself does nothing to help the good guys since it openly invites the Cylons to target him.

A real Lampkin doesn't want that, but a Daniel does.
Point taken. Does that mean we wait for a counterclaim? Or just lynch moliere and let Lampkin hide if moliere is not Lampkin and see what happens tomorrow? Chess is not my forte. I can't get three moves in advance without experience. I'm not sure of Daniel's long game. I get making yourself a target for cylon kills but I'm not sure how living again and again helps your case. And also on the long game would Lampkin be better to stay hidden or make a counterclaim if moliere is not him.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daniel doesn't want to fake Lampkin - lynching Daniel makes him quite dead. Heck, no one can fake Lampkin. I don't see the downside to lynching him though - besides a known miss. Getting a proven Good Guy is always nice.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You guys are ruthless. I tell you not to lynch me because I am special. Then you insist on knowing my identity. Then you insist on killing me anyway. :think:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote:Daniel doesn't want to fake Lampkin - lynching Daniel makes him quite dead. Heck, no one can fake Lampkin. I don't see the downside to lynching him though - besides a known miss. Getting a proven Good Guy is always nice.
That's what I was saying: we should lynch him to test him. If he survives, we'll never lynch him again because he'll be proven.

What makes me suspicious is Moliere asking us NOT to lynch him but to believe he's Lampkin.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Moliere wrote:You guys are ruthless. I tell you not to lynch me because I am special. Then you insist on knowing my identity. Then you insist on killing me anyway. :think:
But if you're Lampkin, wouldn't you have just stayed quiet? The lynch would prove you more than any claim you make, and there's always a chance that someone else might get lynched, allowing you to stay hidden.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:You guys are ruthless. I tell you not to lynch me because I am special. Then you insist on knowing my identity. Then you insist on killing me anyway. :think:
You do realize that you are an extra hit point for teh village right? you should be hip to the idea of using that hit point on day 1, and knowing that that will prevent any other special from being found out. Turn on your village altruism! Or does that not interface is not availble due to your Cuisinart Toaster Model 4000?
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:
But if you're Lampkin, wouldn't you have just stayed quiet? The lynch would prove you more than any claim you make, and there's always a chance that someone else might get lynched, allowing you to stay hidden.
I keep getting stuck on this point too.
But I feel like it's and odd role to fake, so I'm guessing he is real. (I just assume a cylon would rather fake Athena)

But then I'm annoyed that a Lampkin wanted to avoid the noose, as that's his gig.

Moliere 

cant take it on faith. And it's weird that you wanted us to. But I know you play your way...
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Moliere 

Go go Gadget NooseSlip
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Holman

Post by Holman »

Does that put Moliere at n-2?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle…… Moliere
2 Remus West.. Unagi
3 Vorret…………. RMC
4 Chaosraven… Moliere
5 BB2112……….. Moliere
6 El Guapo…….. stessier
7 Unagi………….. Moliere
8 Grundbegriff.
9 Holman……….. Moliere
10 Moliere………. Newcastle
11 Triggercut……
12 RMC…………….
13 tru1cy…………. Moliere
14 stessier………. tru1cy
15 LordMortis…. Newcastle
Targets ----------- Voters
( Newcastle…… 2 )--- Moliere --- LordMortis
( Moliere………. 6 )--- bb2112 --- Newcastle --- Holman --- tru1cy --- Unagi --- Chaosraven
( stessier………. 1 )--- El Guapo
( Unagi………….. 1 )--- Remus West
( tru1cy…………. 1 )--- stessier
( RMC……………. 1 )--- vorret

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned

Majority = 8
Deadline is: July 28th 7PM CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Holman wrote:Does that put Moliere at n-2?
I'm special.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
I'm special.
You said that. Your only power is you survive a lynch. So to test you we lynch you.

Unless I am missing something.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

RMC wrote:
Moliere wrote:
I'm special.
You said that. Your only power is you survive a lynch. So to test you we lynch you.

You're not missing anything and his reticence is speaking volumes. His only use is to give us a proven good.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Thinking out loud here, if Moliere is a cylon spoofing wouldn't it make sense to spoof Athena, Helo or Starbuck? Spoofing Lampkin is a sure way to get lynched.

I'm not changing my vote cause he has to be tested no matter what at this point
RMC

Post by RMC »

tru1cy wrote:Thinking out loud here, if Moliere is a cylon spoofing wouldn't it make sense to spoof Athena, Helo or Starbuck? Spoofing Lampkin is a sure way to get lynched.

I'm not changing my vote cause he has to be tested no matter what at this point
And that is what I think as well, but his reluctance to be lynched seems odd. The Cylons can kill him at night easy enough, right? His power avoids a lynch not a kill, unless I read that wrong.

And I just looked, and I am right:
-Lampkin can escape the first lynch attempt against him resulting in no lynch for the day. But if he is killed at night by the Cylons he will provide them the role of a living player (excluding the Cylon team) chosen randomly.

So

Moliere 

Hell, as horrible as it sounds we might be better off lynching him ourselves instead of letting the Cylons kill him. <shrug> At least that way the Cylons don't get a role of one of the good guys.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Just caught up here. Holding off on throwing the lever here to see if Moliere wants to claim some other role. If he hasn't in a bit, well...then we test.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote: Hell, as horrible as it sounds we might be better off lynching him ourselves instead of letting the Cylons kill him. <shrug> At least that way the Cylons don't get a role of one of the good guys.
Now THAT sounds like Battlestar Galactica!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

triggercut wrote:Just caught up here. Holding off on throwing the lever here to see if Moliere wants to claim some other role. If he hasn't in a bit, well...then we test.
And if he reverses and claims "some other role" you figure we'll NOT lynch him?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

triggercut wrote:Just caught up here. Holding off on throwing the lever here to see if Moliere wants to claim some other role. If he hasn't in a bit, well...then we test.
That would be....weird. He has made a claim and thus risked a counter from a true special if he is making a false claim. If he claims another role that would simply highlight his false nature.

Moliere 

Also, it is possible that Scoop was Lampkin and thus the Cylons got a name last night so Moliere figured it possible to get away with faking as the real one wouldn't be around to counter him. That would explain the claim and the reluctance to be tested.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:Also, it is possible that Scoop was Lampkin and thus the Cylons got a name last night so Moliere figured it possible to get away with faking as the real one wouldn't be around to counter him. That would explain the claim and the reluctance to be tested.
That I hadn't considered. I was busy thinking about whether or not it would better for potential Lampkin 2 to step forward when they would be tested the same way moliere would be, which is to say without need of coming forward and begging for their life. I never came to a conclusion but it's of no consequence now and quite frankly your reasoning seems valid. It's not really an also, it's the only reason that matters.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

tru1cy wrote:
RMC wrote:
Moliere wrote:
I'm special.

You're not missing anything and his reticence is speaking volumes. His only use is to give us a proven good.
The new "I'm special" post is clearly a joke.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
That would be....weird. He has made a claim and thus risked a counter from a true special if he is making a false claim. If he claims another role that would simply highlight his false nature.

Moliere 

Also, it is possible that Scoop was Lampkin and thus the Cylons got a name last night so Moliere figured it possible to get away with faking as the real one wouldn't be around to counter him. That would explain the claim and the reluctance to be tested.
This is a good point.

FWIW I am inclined to think that Moliere is *probably* Lampkin based on the lack of a counter-claim, based on the incentive for a cylon to claim Athena or Starbuck, and based on the improbability of Scoop being Lampkin. The reluctance to step forward is a concern, however, and he won't die if he's telling the truth (at least, not now), and the alternative is a fairly blind lynch of another random person, so I suppose lynching him is a reasonable enough choice.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, and I see that Moliere has hit the lynch point already. So...let's see what happens then.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Voting Closed

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle…… Moliere
2 Remus West.. Moliere
3 Vorret…………. RMC
4 Chaosraven… Moliere
5 BB2112……….. Moliere
6 El Guapo…….. stessier
7 Unagi………….. Moliere
8 Grundbegriff.
9 Holman……….. Moliere
10 Moliere………. Newcastle
11 Triggercut……
12 RMC……………. Moliere
13 tru1cy…………. Moliere
14 stessier………. tru1cy
15 LordMortis…. Newcastle
Targets ----------- Voters
( Newcastle…… 2 )--- Moliere --- LordMortis
( Moliere………. 8 )--- bb2112 --- Newcastle --- Holman --- tru1cy --- Unagi --- Chaosraven --- RMC )--- Remus West
( stessier………. 1 )--- El Guapo
( tru1cy…………. 1 )--- stessier
( RMC……………. 1 )--- vorret

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned

Majority = 8
Deadline is: July 28th 7PM CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Everyone’s attitude shifted quickly after Moliere informed them of how special he was. He was a defense attorney. A fraking lawyer. The votes to test him piled on quick.

As he was being led away, he jerked himself to a stop and turned to face the team, “Folks, do we really want to do this? Should we being doing the Cylons job for them? I know you are seeking the truth, and what I have told you is the truth.”
“What is it in us that seeks the truth? Is it our minds or is it our hearts? The eyes of the law are human eyes and until we can see each other as equals, justice is never going to be evenhanded. It will remain nothing more than a reflection of our own prejudices, so until that day we have a duty under God to seek the truth, not with our eyes and not with our minds where fear and hate turn commonality into prejudice, but with our hearts -- where we don't know better. Listen to your heart. You know I tell the truth. Don’t send a fellow human to his death when you know in your heart I am not a Cylon.”

A hush comes over the crowd as they digest what Moliere just said. Grundbegriff steps forward, "You know, he is right." Vorret speaks, “Let him go.”

Remus West releases his arm, “My heart tells me not to do this even if my brain says we must. I will listen to my heart this time."
Moliere is released. The team disperses in teams of two and begins exploring the surrounding jungle. Night approaches many hours later and everyone heads to their rooms in the dark ruins, hoping it will not become their tomb tonight.

Ellen-Will you sleep around?
Starbuck-Will you protect?
Athena-who will you scan?
Cylons-Who is your kill target?
Daniel-Will you detonate the bomb?
Leoben- Who will you scan?
Daniel-Will you plant the bomb?

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well, that's settled.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Now we have a proven, we didn't out our seer or protector, and we didn't kill an innocent day 1. Not the best beginning in the world, but by far from the worst.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, it makes sense that we would spare him once he is a proven lawyer. Everyone loves lawyers.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:Well, it makes sense that we would spare him once he is a proven lawyer. Everyone loves lawyers.
Hey, it is only 99% of the lawyers out there that make the rest look bad.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

bb2112 wrote:Not the best beginning in the world, but by far from the worst.
That's about it. I'd have said "it's a waste of day" but either I forgot about the Lampkin role reveal or it slipped entirely that his role reveal upon night kill, by its nature, reveals Lampkin as well. I've read the damned rules three times now. Ah well.