BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Holman

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 2- Game On

Post by Holman »

Great news! Be well and get the care you need.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote:Awesome about the cancer being in remission!! No apology needed at all. Hope the recovery gets easier!
Agreed 100%
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Awesome about the cancer being in remission!! No apology needed at all. Hope the recovery gets easier!
Agreed 100%
SO SAY WE ALL!!!

Congratulations!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote::binky:
/pulls back the curtains
I’ll make this brief: Cancer is in remission..and from the looks of it I’ll beat it..awesomesauce! The journey to wellness is shit though. That journey includes chemo which I am undergoing now. I underestimated the Chemo’s impact on me. Was never trying to game the system. I just didn’t want to obsess over the game and truthfully wanted a tranquil mind. WW is not conducive to that. Thank you for the well wishes, I’ll be fine. Felt I owed everyone an apology and a reasonable explanation. Cheers & good luck!
/lets curtain fall back
:binky:
Thanks Newcastle for clearing it up for me. Didn't want to divulge too much info just in case you wanted it private. Wasn't the ideal end to the day but I thought it was for the best for Newcastle. I have seen what Chemo can do and completely understand.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Agreed 100%
SO SAY WE ALL!!!

Congratulations!
I would like to associate myself with the remarks of my good friend, the senator from Caprica.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

KaBoom!
An explosion rocks the ruins. People begin scrambling out and smoke, dust and debris clouds their vision and feels their lungs. LordMortis stumbles, “What the frak happened? Are we being bombed?”
Vorret coughs, “No, it came from the inside.”
Once the air cleared, Grundbegriff, Holman and Moliere venture inside to check out the damage. They emerge 30 minutes later.
Moliere hangs his head, “Tru1cy is dead. Stabbed multiple times and the bomb went off in Chaosravens room and what is left of him is scattered about. This is not good, not good at all, we have got to find that Son of a Bitch today!”

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Remus West..
2 Vorret………….
3 BB2112………..
4 El Guapo……..
5 Unagi…………..
6 Grundbegriff.
7 Holman………..
8 Moliere……….
9 Triggercut……
10 RMC…………….
11 stessier……….
12 LordMortis….
Targets ----------- Voters
( )---
( )---
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore
Chaosraven… blown
tru1cy…………. poked

Majority = 7
Deadline is: August 2nd
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by Holman »

!!!

So the Cylons assassinated Tru1cy and Daniel blew up Chaosraven?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

That's a bad night.
:shock:

LordMortis 

Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Appear to have. And I'm pretty sure we are still ahead. Now let's find someone to unplug.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

That looks like an all-out attempt to annihilate the (mostly-)silent. Possibly a hail-Pythia Athena hunt.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

At which point to we want our seer (if still alive) to come out?
Let's say starbuck is still alive that would give us 4 scans (hoping they're not all of dead people)
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Vorret wrote:That's a bad night.
:shock:

LordMortis 

Kind of you to join us.

Assumptions on my part.

Daniel has been found. Corollary: Starbuck did not protect moliere. Corollary: chaosraven was human. That means 4 bad cylons to 8 humans or 7 humans and 1 good cylon. That means shoot you cylon is still alive, which effectively means 4 to 7. Things went from seeming not so bad under the circumstances to downright shitty.

That being said, today is great day to die. There are good permutations, like starbuck saves or a good shot from helo, or an Athena laydown that will change things but I'd rather not have doubt on me if we miss today and come back with a presumptive 4 to 5 with Doral ready to declare cylon victory.

Which brings me to helo and reveals and such. By my reckoning, we are skirting disaster. Does that mean Helo and or Athena step forward unprompted or do we still move forward, hoping for a better today leads to a better tomrrow?
Holman

Post by Holman »

There has been only one night (Night 1) without a death, right? The odds are pretty low that the Cylons found Daniel then.

But even if they did...

It takes Daniel two nights to make a kill: on the first one he plants the bomb, and on the second he triggers it. This means that Daniel must have planted the bomb on Night 0 or Night 1. He can't have known anything certain about Chaosraven by that point, and he can't have been in touch with the Cylons yet either.

Unless...

Question: if the Cylons find Daniel in the Night, is he allowed access to their forum immediately (i.e. before he plants his bomb that night) or starting the next day?

And also:

Is Daniel allowed to change his bomb placement to another room if he doesn't use it?

(From the rules, I assume the answer is No.)

What all of this is leading to is: why did Daniel pick Chaosraven as his target so early in the game?

I'm suspicious that Unagi is Daniel, and that he chose his target and set off his bomb because he has been drawing suspicion from Day 1. Everyone else who has done so (Moliere, Newcastle) is already dead, so he knows he's at risk of a lynch.

Unagi 

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

If both Grundbegriff and Unagi are both still alive....yikes. We are d0med.

Unagi 

"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:There has been only one night (Night 1) without a death, right? The odds are pretty low that the Cylons found Daniel then.

But even if they did...

It takes Daniel two nights to make a kill: on the first one he plants the bomb, and on the second he triggers it. This means that Daniel must have planted the bomb on Night 0 or Night 1. He can't have known anything certain about Chaosraven by that point, and he can't have been in touch with the Cylons yet either.

Unless...

Question: if the Cylons find Daniel in the Night, is he allowed access to their forum immediately (i.e. before he plants his bomb that night) or starting the next day?

And also:

Is Daniel allowed to change his bomb placement to another room if he doesn't use it?

(From the rules, I assume the answer is No.)

What all of this is leading to is: why did Daniel pick Chaosraven as his target so early in the game?

I'm suspicious that Unagi is Daniel, and that he chose his target and set off his bomb because he has been drawing suspicion from Day 1. Everyone else who has done so (Moliere, Newcastle) is already dead, so he knows he's at risk of a lynch.

Unagi 

It pains me to concur. Especially as to what amounts as to nothing and feeling like his living is also a taunt.

Unagi 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote:

And also:

He gets access to their forum at the start of the next day.

and also:

No.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lassr, may I make a request? Would you append the timing the list of deaths?

Like so:
Lassr wrote:
Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned Night 0
(No death Day 1)
(No death Night 1)
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore Day 2
Chaosraven… blown Night 2
tru1cy…………. poked Night 2

Majority = 7
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:

And also:

He gets access to their forum at the start of the next day.

and also:

No.
Thank you!

I believe this means that Daniel (whoever he is) must have picked Chaosraven without any input from the other Cylons, even if they found him on Night 1. He picked his target and used his power early, and he did it in the dark.

(It's even possible that Chaosraven was a Cylon, but we're probably not that lucky.)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Odd move if that's the case ...
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

I really don't see why Unagi is the target. I didn't find Newcastle's manifesto convincing at all. What are people seeing?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:I really don't see why Unagi is the target. I didn't find Newcastle's manifesto convincing at all. What are people seeing?
He's somehow still alive. Why?

Why kill Tru1cy who's been mostly silent all game long and keep Unagi (and Remus might I add) alive?

There are so many more targets.
Isgrimnur wrote:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote: and also:

No.

That might change my assessment.
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote:I really don't see why Unagi is the target. I didn't find Newcastle's manifesto convincing at all. What are people seeing?
I'm not following Newcastle's manifesto at all. What I see is that there are three players (Moliere, Unagi, Newcastle) who have come under suspicion and had multiple votes on them. Of those three, Moliere and Newcastle are dead, and last night Daniel went ahead and used his bomb. Unagi is the only candidate in the game for someone who decided to use a power because he saw he was at risk.

Also, his "IT SHOULDA BEEN ME!" still trips my alarms.

Also also, competent wolves would target him early because he's famously good as a villager. They've had three nights to do it, yet Unagi still lives.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:
I believe this means that Daniel (whoever he is) must have picked Chaosraven without any input from the other Cylons, even if they found him on Night 1. He picked his target and used his power early, and he did it in the dark.

(It's even possible that Chaosraven was a Cylon, but we're probably not that lucky.)
From the Daniel write up:
"The cylons do not know you are a cylon. You know the other cylons. "

I got excited for a second thinking Daniel might have blown up a cylon until I remembered this little nugget. Thanks Holman for getting my hopes up even if briefly. :P
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Vorret wrote:

Why kill Tru1cy who's been mostly silent all game long and keep Unagi (and Remus might I add) alive?

There are so many more targets.
Yeah, some of those 'veterans' are wolves, that is the only answer. And I am guessing that they are hunting for our scanner who is being silent. Heck, they might have gotten our scanner with Scoop in the first night kill.

Not sure who I feel is likely a wolf to be honest.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

bb2112 wrote: From the Daniel write up:
"The cylons do not know you are a cylon. You know the other cylons. "

I got excited for a second thinking Daniel might have blown up a cylon until I remembered this little nugget. Thanks Holman for getting my hopes up even if briefly. :P
Oh, duh. Right.

Still, it means Daniel picked his target without teammate input. He did it Night 0 (which seems crazily implausible) or Night 1.

What happened on Day 1 to make Daniel go ahead and choose a target?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:
I'm not following Newcastle's manifesto at all. What I see is that there are three players (Moliere, Unagi, Newcastle) who have come under suspicion and had multiple votes on them. Of those three, Moliere and Newcastle are dead, and last night Daniel went ahead and used his bomb. Unagi is the only candidate in the game for someone who decided to use a power because he saw he was at risk.

Also also, competent wolves would target him early because he's famously good as a villager. They've had three nights to do it, yet Unagi still lives.

Made me look! Moliere's not dead.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well, lynched anyway. And proven.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Vorret wrote:
The wall of text from Newc isn't tightly reasoned, but at least we know it's not orc mischief.

Normally my response to the fact that Unagi is still alive at this point would be "Exterminate! Exterminate!" But I'm also still alive, so I have to grant that maybe he's still alive just because other people got killed instead (for reasons we can't see).
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well, I'm looking through Day 1 and not seeing anything clear about why Daniel would go ahead a pick a target that night, and certainly not why it would be Chaosraven.

Is there any reason other than feeling threatened why a Daniel would lock down his bomb so early?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

WD LM 

I've been on him all game long so let's get back on the horse.

Unagi 

Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote:

Um Moliere isn't dead. And both Moliere and Newcastle are Good Guys. Why do you think we HAVE to be good enough to go 1 for 3?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Holman wrote: I'm definitely not certain, but it's all I have to go on. (And I know Moliere isn't dead. Be for lynch purposes, he's no longer a possible target, which was my point.)
"BUT for lynch purposes" I mean.
Holman

Post by Holman »

[ARGH. I hit EDIT when I meant to hit QUOTE to correct a typo, but I just made things worse. Originally I posted this:]
stessier wrote:
Holman wrote:

Um Moliere isn't dead. And both Moliere and Newcastle are Good Guys. Why do you think we HAVE to be good enough to go 1 for 3?
I'm definitely not certain, but it's all I have to go on. (And I know Moliere isn't dead. But for lynch purposes, he's no longer a possible target, which was my point.)

I think the main question is: Why did Daniel pick his target on Night 0 or Night 1, before he could possibly be in contact with the other Cylons and gain the benefit of their info? It feels like the behavior of someone under threat.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Holman wrote:I think the main question is: Why did Daniel pick his target on Night 0 or Night 1, before he could possibly be in contact with the other Cylons and gain the benefit of their info? It feels like the behavior of someone under threat.
I don't see why this is "the main question". Someone saddled with Danielhood might choose to set up a notoriously inscrutable, possibly special Chaosraven regardless of access to hypothetical lore from the other Cylons. After all, Daniel can't accidentally place the bomb in a Cy-colleague's room; he knows the names of the other Cylons. Meanwhile, (although I suspect he may have been dicovered in this game), he is at risk of being lynched and has no guarantee of being discovered.

It's hard to be discovered. I mean, I've been searching for my soulmate, Starbuck, for the entire game and still haven't found her.

I kid! I kid!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Remus West..
2 Vorret…………. unagi
3 BB2112………..
4 El Guapo……..
5 Unagi…………..
6 Grundbegriff.
7 Holman……….. unagi
8 Moliere……….
9 Triggercut…… unagi
10 RMC…………….
11 stessier……….
12 LordMortis…. unagi
Targets ----------- Voters
( )---
( Unagi………….. 4 )--- Holman --- triggercut --- LordMortis --- vorret
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths
Scoop…………. Stoned (N-0)
No death (D-1)
No death (N-1)
Newcastle…… couldn't take it anymore (D-2)
Chaosraven… blown (N-2)
tru1cy…………. poked (N-2)

Majority = 7

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Holman wrote:[ARGH. I hit EDIT when I meant to hit QUOTE to correct a typo, but I just made things worse. Originally I posted this:]
stessier wrote:
Holman wrote:

I'm definitely not certain, but it's all I have to go on. (And I know Moliere isn't dead. But for lynch purposes, he's no longer a possible target, which was my point.)

I think the main question is: Why did Daniel pick his target on Night 0 or Night 1, before he could possibly be in contact with the other Cylons and gain the benefit of their info? It feels like the behavior of someone under threat.
The ONLY possible person in the game who'd feel threathen would be Unagi since he's been on a bunch of people's radar since early game, though, no "real" train were ever started on him a few people voted for him here and there.

I re-checked the thread and for some reason we've really been focusing on very few people, Moliere / Unagi / Newcastle nobody else really got any real attention.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi 

Seems plausible. And if wrong, it may tell us something about Holman.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I think that's N-1.