BSG X -Eden -Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: BSG X -Eden -Game Over

Post by Grundbegriff »

I said it to Lassr in private, and I'll say it again here: of all the themed games that have been supported in this forum, Lassr's BSG games are the most consistently engaging. The rules have just enough complexity, balanced coherently, to generate stimulating mental puzzles, room for role play, and opportunities for either team to win.

:clap:
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote:I still wish someone would figure out the odds on RMC's posts. I loved it when Vorret said something to the affect of he just wanted to kill RMC for either being a Cylon or the worst seer ever.
Man, I was the worst seer of all time, except when it counted baby!!!! I got Grund, and you, and then LM. I can't take credit for Unagi, but I did cast doubt on him...

Woohoo!
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Once we slipped off the rails into backward land, where reality gameshow hosts can become nominees and such, it was inevitable that serial failures as Seer would end up establishing the credibility of Seers!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:Once we slipped off the rails into backward land, where reality gameshow hosts can become nominees and such, it was inevitable that serial failures as Seer would end up establishing the credibility of Seers!
I'm in management, it is all about the spin...All about the spin...

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:Congratulations, team Galactica! And Lassr, thanks for the game!

I really enjoyed the part I played in. The showdown with Unagi was fun.
Glad that didn't annoy you.

And I really did give you my focus on Night 0 (but was blocked). I figured you would not be killed right away, so I may as well.

Fun game everyone!

And seriously, Scoop, it was supposed to be me!

(I must point out I had no hand in that kill!)

Also, my list of people that liked Order was really just a list of folks I felt really did like order. It wasn't a signal to wolves or me trying to frame or hide anyone. (Truly spaced putting stessier on the list).
Also, I never wanted to be found by the wolves. Thought that would be better.

Sorry Newcaslte, I'm like plucked out of fate to annoy you, but it's not my goal. I swear it!

Tru1cy, I'm very glad I asked the cylons to kill you when I joined them... Cause you'd have fired that gun so fast at me.

Lassr, awesome game. And great work!
As Grund said; it's a gem of a set of game pieces

Also, just playing over a smart-phone... How many times did I have to correct 'colons' from my posts....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Oh, and tru1cy, El Guapo: sorry!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thanks Lassr for running this. Interesting as always.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:I said it to Lassr in private, and I'll say it again here: of all the themed games that have been supported in this forum, Lassr's BSG games are the most consistently engaging. The rules have just enough complexity, balanced coherently, to generate stimulating mental puzzles, room for role play, and opportunities for either team to win.

:clap:
:oops: Ah shucks. Thanks.

I really am amazed how it turned out when Starbuck didn't protect, Helo didn't shoot and Athena's scans kept dying. Humans really did it without special help until the very end with RMC and still people wondered if it was legit.

I do get a high body count with my games don't I.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

In your opinion, where did Team Toaster's decisions go awry?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

there was a point early where RMC was a serious target consideration for the night kill but then you changed your minds. Ouch.
Leaving Moliere alive paid off because you hit Helo and Starbuck early but then taking out non-provens late and leaving Moliere and RMC hurt in the end. The choices for the last Cylon were confined to Vorret & LordMortis at that point because RMC became believable just from the sheer unbelievable bad luck.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:Oh, and tru1cy, El Guapo: sorry!
Heh, no worries. :)

Why did you kill me when you did, incidentally? When I got the kill message I just assumed that Leoben had scanned me. Also made me think that given the protector scan dynamic it would've made sense to protect myself night 1, 3, 5, etc. instead of 0, 2, 4, since the latter would be anticipated by the cylons.

Man, I was so excited when I thought I had blocked a kill, until the Daniel replacing the night kill thing was pointed out...
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote:there was a point early where RMC was a serious target consideration for the night kill but then you changed your minds. Ouch.
Leaving Moliere alive paid off because you hit Helo and Starbuck early but then taking out non-provens late and leaving Moliere and RMC hurt in the end. The choices for the last Cylon were confined to Vorret & LordMortis at that point because RMC became believable just from the sheer unbelievable bad luck.
Not killing moliere was largely my influence I think. :( It seemed a better calculated odds to make sure starbuck was out of the picture. Especially as we were removing three people from the pool every night. It was probably the only influence I added as cylon. Die and learn, I guess.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LordMortis wrote:
Not killing moliere was largely my influence I think. :( It seemed a better calculated odds to make sure starbuck was out of the picture. Especially as we were removing three people from the pool every night
and that actually worked. You hit Helo then Starbuck. Once you all realized that, I thought taking out the knowns would have been the priority.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So, Newcastle nailed two Cylons on day 1 in his monologue, out of three accused. Only wrong about me (thinking that I was Daniel). I should listen to him more, I suppose. Though too bad me made his one wrong guess the centerpiece of his analysis. :)
Black Lives Matter.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Wow, just now catching up.

Huzzah!

Great game, both teams.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'll say it again, btw, exactly what I said in the thread. RMC's scans all dying so quickly was just so absurdly bonkers that it had to actually be real. There's no way you'd crowdsource which players to name as scans with two other people on your team and come up with that.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

triggercut wrote:I'll say it again, btw, exactly what I said in the thread. RMC's scans all dying so quickly was just so absurdly bonkers that it had to actually be real. There's no way you'd crowdsource which players to name as scans with two other people on your team and come up with that.
You saved the game, by the way.... when you died, I could not vote RMC anymore and had to go for LM!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi, why the hell did you put a bomb in my room?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:
Holman wrote:Congratulations, team Galactica! And Lassr, thanks for the game!

I really enjoyed the part I played in. The showdown with Unagi was fun.
Glad that didn't annoy you.
In real life, not at all!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:Unagi, why the hell did you put a bomb in my room?
I knew you were not a wolf.
I saw you not on most people's radar.

My main goal was to use my bomb and not have it used on a wolf target.
Second goal was to just cause a mess when I died.
Had I not been found early (my hope, actually) , I'd have likely named a wolf a human, as Athena, to signal.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, that was fun. If the Team Cylon didn't kill me when they did I was going to use on my shot on Unagi as soon as the day began.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

So I meant to ask - what the heck was bb2112 claiming right before he blew up? It sounded like he claimed he protected RMC and thus there is no way Ellen could have slept with him, but like two posts later he said he protected himself overnight. It was very confusing, but no one seemed to be bothered by it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:So I meant to ask - what the heck was bb2112 claiming right before he blew up? It sounded like he claimed he protected RMC and thus there is no way Ellen could have slept with him, but like two posts later he said he protected himself overnight. It was very confusing, but no one seemed to be bothered by it.
I didn't get it at all, honestly. :)
I was going to ask the same thing.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:So I meant to ask - what the heck was bb2112 claiming right before he blew up? It sounded like he claimed he protected RMC and thus there is no way Ellen could have slept with him, but like two posts later he said he protected himself overnight. It was very confusing, but no one seemed to be bothered by it.
I claimed I protected myself the night before I protected RMC. If you dig back in my posts when I "outed" myself I left that protection blank.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by stessier »

No, right here.
bb2112 wrote:FINALLY! I PROTECTED RMC! That means he is lying. There is no way Ellen could have slept with him and blocked his scan if I protected him.

That means both Grund and RMC were faking it.
RMC had just come out and said Ellen slept with him the night I died. Then you said the above. You clearly didn't understand what he was saying because then you go on to say this:
bb2112 wrote:BTW, I protected myself last night. That was why I was really hoping RMC would blow himself up on me yesterday if his Doral claim was true. Regardless of what Stess was saying, I really am trying to get the win for the good guys. Btw, nice touch taking him out last night, RMC.

I also think Ellen may be dead. Otherwise she could have been used on me and I could have been killed instead.
So yeah - I woulda lyched ya. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: BSG X -Eden -Day 3

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
stessier wrote:He shouldn't wait for Moliere - Moliere should wait for him. Moliere is known - we need to figure out how the unknowns feel about things.
Sorry, I've been AFK for the last 36 hours when all of this has been going down. I don't see any obvious way to know who is telling the truth between the opposing Athena's. Has anyone with more patience and time than me gone back to track all the voting records of the two Athenas and reviewed their comments about Unagi? Gut instinct tells me that bb2112 is working hard to make sure we don't lynch Grundbegriff.
Yes, I guess I am. I believe RMC is evil and I am having a hard time believing the both are evil theory. Yes, they could be working in tandem to orchestrate this, but it is a lot of work for a situation where they just needed one miss and they were pretty close to winning anyway. Neither had any real heat on them. Maybe that is their ace in the hole to make things more interesting for them, but doesn't it seem a little far fetched? This is not the first time we have seen RMC spoof really well, remember Red Rocket? His scans this game are ridiculous and closely mirrors the insanity of the Red Rocket spoof. Everyone thought it so crazy that he would claim Red Rocket that they let him live. By RMC coming out when he did it just smacks of him trying to discredit a real Athena. I said earlier we are going to have a pick a path and then take a leap of faith. Some of you have chosen the both are evil theory. If that is the case, what is the difference if we lynch RMC first? Unless you really don't think both are evil at all and are piling on Grund for us to get that last miss. It sure seems to me that we are at a stalemate because their aren't any more cylons to pile onto Grund.

I am Starbuck. I know you guys are going to say isn't that convenient, but normally I wouldn't come out at all. I fear we are on our final day, so WTF. And btw, just because I am Starbuck does not give me any more knowledge on the RMC/Grund thing than any other villager, so don't glaum onto what I am saying just because I'm saying it. Think for yourselves.

My protections:

Night 0: Myself
Night 1: Moliere
Night 2: Grund
Night 3: Moliere
Night 4: I am not going to say in case of Doral but I'm kicking myself for not picking RW. I almost did and that would have been sweet.
bb2112 wrote:BTW, I protected myself last night. That was why I was really hoping RMC would blow himself up on me yesterday if his Doral claim was true. Regardless of what Stess was saying, I really am trying to get the win for the good guys. Btw, nice touch taking him out last night, RMC.

I also think Ellen may be dead. Otherwise she could have been used on me and I could have been killed instead.
Should have said night before last. I would have thought you guys would have been able to read into that with the RMC blowing up comments, but maybe not.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.