[Amazon Digital] Ongoing Sales

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

El Guapo

Re: [Amazon Digital] Ongoing Sales

Post by El Guapo »

I clicked on two games, then clicked on Xbox One and it switched to physical copies. Hence, using science, I concluded that no XBone games were via digital code. QED.

It looks like they only sell 24 XBone games digitally, at any rate.

In any event, what I was really trying to figure out is whether XBOne games are impacted by this sale.
Last edited by El Guapo on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:QED.
Is that available on PC? I've heard a lot of people talking about it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Smoove_B wrote:Amazon just scooped STEAM and launched their Summer Digital Sale for gamers.
Gamersgate.com scooped Amazon. They've had their summer sale going on since yesterday.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:I clicked on two games, then clicked on Xbox One and it switched to physical copies. Hence, using science, I concluded that no XBone games were via digital code. QED.

In any event, what I was really trying to figure out is whether XBOne games are impacted by this sale.
XBOne Digital Games and DLC
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Settlers 7 Gold for $5? yes please...will put up with Uplay for that price
Far Cry 3 for $7.50? Maybe...but maybe I will wait for Steam to do better
Valiant Hearts is a good deal for $3.75 just for the art design alone IMO.

And shucky darn and slop the hogs, Amazon has started putting the Metacritic scores on the game info page as well! Nice!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I clicked on two games, then clicked on Xbox One and it switched to physical copies. Hence, using science, I concluded that no XBone games were via digital code. QED.

XBOne Digital Games and DLC
Yes, I did see that after Smoove's post. Though in any event, as I said it's only 24 games, and they do not appear to be impacted by the sale.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Smoove_B wrote:Amazon just scooped STEAM and launched their Summer Digital Sale
Picked up Gauntlet at 75% off.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:It looks like they only sell 24 XBone games digitally, at any rate..
Okay, I think I get it. But what are the other 23?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote:Assassin's Creed: Rogue PC is $12.50 (UPlay key, not Steam.. but even on Steam you have to go through uplay so whatever). That is tempting me.
It's also on midweek madness sale on steam... for $32.50. Yeah the Amazon deal seems pretty good!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote:
El Guapo wrote:It looks like they only sell 24 XBone games digitally, at any rate..
I understood that reference.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:
:D
Black Lives Matter.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Defiant wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:Amazon just scooped STEAM and launched their Summer Digital Sale for gamers.
Gamersgate.com scooped Amazon. They've had their summer sale going on since yesterday.
Yes, but you never realize how limited Amazon, GamersGate, GetGamesGo, and Green Man Gaming are in their choices for available Steam games until you watch the sales on the same subset of titles over and over. Or maybe it's just me. I mean I buy plenty from each of those sites, but none of them have more than a small percentage of Steam games available at all, sale or not.
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Have you noticed that I've started quoting myself in the Steam thread? It's not just others that have trouble keeping different things on sale.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I understand the same titles going on sale. I mean those other stores actually don't have a very large percentage of the games at all. So if I look forward to the Amazon sale in case I can use credit on some things that are releases in the last year on my wish list, I find that they didn't even acquire those games, let alone put them on sale.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Smoove_B wrote:Call of Juarez for $3.75 is a good deal (STEAM) and I enjoyed it.
Gunslinger? From what I've seen (and I've barely played any of them) that one looked best to me.
I have but one advocate.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

JetFred wrote:
Defiant wrote:
Yes, but you never realize how limited Amazon, GamersGate, GetGamesGo, and Green Man Gaming are in their choices for available Steam games until you watch the sales on the same subset of titles over and over. Or maybe it's just me. I mean I buy plenty from each of those sites, but none of them have more than a small percentage of Steam games available at all, sale or not.
Gamersgate is pretty good - it's got over 6000 games, some of which aren't on Steam (or were added long after they were on GG). Plus, Gamersgate gives you 5% back in blue coins, and occasionally has Buy 2 get 1 free promotions that work with their sales.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

JetFred wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:Call of Juarez for $3.75 is a good deal (STEAM) and I enjoyed it.
Gunslinger? From what I've seen (and I've barely played any of them) that one looked best to me.
Yeah, sorry. I picked it up during last year's STEAM summer sale and blasted right through it in 7 hours. The game mechanic ( it's played as through you're retelling a personal story) was interesting enough to keep me hooked. Nothing revolutionary, but fun.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Defiant wrote:
JetFred wrote:Yes, but you never realize how limited Amazon, GamersGate, GetGamesGo, and Green Man Gaming are in their choices for available Steam games until you watch the sales on the same subset of titles over and over. Or maybe it's just me. I mean I buy plenty from each of those sites, but none of them have more than a small percentage of Steam games available at all, sale or not.
Gamersgate is pretty good - it's got over 6000 games, some of which aren't on Steam (or were added long after they were on GG). Plus, Gamersgate gives you 5% back in blue coins, and occasionally has Buy 2 get 1 free promotions that work with their sales.
Well, that count includes every piece of DLC separately. Since I tend to not buy expensive games there, my Blue Coins have never amounted to much, and when I've gotten buy-2-get-1-free it was the only way to get the sale price as good as it would be for all three games somewhere else. I've bought a couple of dozen Steam games there but that's nothing compared to what I buy from bundle sites (GG's indie bundles have been awful). I'm just saying that while I get excited for every Steam sale (even though my haul will never again approach what it did in my first few), the third party sites' sales only really got a lot of business from me the first time I went through their catalog.

My point is moot, though, because I do realize the size of my collection, my enjoyment of indie and adventure games, and my buying habits make a lot of my comments irrelevant to more sensible people, though.
I have but one advocate.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I don't give a **** on what's on sale. My time is limited and I don't have time to buy bazillion different games. I just use isthereanydeal to track the sales of the stuff I *want*.

I browse the other vendors occasionally to see if there's some good bundle or budget games I want to try for like a few bucks here and there, but that's it.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Do these really have to be downloaded via Amazon, or will we receive a key for Steam, Uplay, etc.?
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

It used to be next to impossible to tell, but Amazon has gotten better about listing the correct DRM, so you have to check. There is also a filter box for just Steam in the left panel at some levels of sorting through the games.
I have but one advocate.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

JetFred wrote:It used to be next to impossible to tell, but Amazon has gotten better about listing the correct DRM, so you have to check. There is also a filter box for just Steam in the left panel at some levels of sorting through the games.
Thanks. Just bought 3, and they all activated fine on Uplay and Steam.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

FYI: Lifeline, a fun real time interactive fiction android app by the guy who wrote The Wolf Among Us is on sale for $1 on Amazon's app store (down from $3). In it you're communicating with an astronaut who landed on an alien moon and trying to guide him to keep him alive. The real time gimmick is a bit of a mixed bad - although I think overall it worked for me in making the game feel more real.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Amazon Underground has KOTOR for Android for free.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:Amazon Underground has KOTOR for Android for free.
Too bad I don't have 2 GB of space on my phone. Would be interesting to see how it plays on the phone.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Too bad I'm in Canada. Fuck you Amazon.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:
Too bad I don't have 2 GB of space on my phone. Would be interesting to see how it plays on the phone.
For the most part it's fine, as it turns out. The main problem is that movement is a little cumbersome - you push where you are on the screen and then push "up" on the screen to move forward, only as a practical matter it's hard to get your character to move forward at a decent pace (i.e. faster than a slow walk).
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

No amazon underground for non amazon tablets, as best I can tell however.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Pyperkub wrote:
No amazon underground for non amazon tablets, as best I can tell however.
I thought it was just a feature of Prime subscribers rather than tablet (since Android isn't what they would feature for their tablet).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Nope, I'm all about Prime.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

It isn't related to prime. It's just their mobile app service.
No sig, must scream, etc.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

FYI: If you download Hay Day (which is free) from the Amazon Appstore this month, you "will receive a $10 credit toward purchase of digital content in Amazon Appstore"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Defiant wrote:FYI: If you download Hay Day (which is free) from the Amazon Appstore this month, you "will receive a $10 credit toward purchase of digital content in Amazon Appstore"
Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Hay Day and now I have 30 days to spend the $10 credit. Not sure what to get.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Moliere wrote:
Defiant wrote:FYI: If you download Hay Day (which is free) from the Amazon Appstore this month, you "will receive a $10 credit toward purchase of digital content in Amazon Appstore"
Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Hay Day and now I have 30 days to spend the $10 credit. Not sure what to get.
I hands down recommend 80 days (unless you already have it for the computer). Other adventure type games to consider include the Lifeline games, Sorcery games, Tin Man gamebook games, although note that all of these tend to be reading heavy.

If you like board games, there are a bunch of implementations, including Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Pandemic, Suburbia, Sentinels of the Multiverse.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Defiant wrote:
Moliere wrote:
I hands down recommend 80 days (unless you already have it for the computer). Other adventure type games to consider include the Lifeline games, Sorcery games, Tin Man gamebook games, although note that all of these tend to be reading heavy.

If you like board games, there are a bunch of implementations, including Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Pandemic, Suburbia, Sentinels of the Multiverse.
I do have 80 days from a previous sale when it was listed for free. I will have to check out the board games. Thanks!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I grabbed Ticket To Ride for free with my bonus. It's for the kids. I have no idea how it will look on the small tablets. Hopefully it is playable.

Thanks for the tip Defiant. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I grabbed it for the bonus, too. I'll likely grab some board game or another as a time-killer. Catan? Ticket to Ride? Something like that.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I picked up Hay Day as well. I assume that I'll get an e-mail informing me that I have received the $10 credit at some point?
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It took me a day or two to get the email.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't know for how long, but you can rent the Hateful Eight for $0.99 on Amazon Digital. That rental fee lets you watch it at any time over the next 30 days, but once you start watching it you only have 48 hours of access.
Maybe next year, maybe no go