0 El Guapo -------
0 stessier
0 lassr
4 bb2112 ---------- grundbegriff, stessier, lassr, el guapo

------------
Majority is Four
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Vorret

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate DAY THREE

Post by Vorret »

Sooo El guapo is a wolf?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

el guapo (resplendent in his purple suit) hands the smoking gun the majority decided to use to off bb2112 to his partner-in-crime Harley Quinn.

"I'd imagine you will want to do the honors?"

NIGHT FALLS...

"Not with this," HarleyMan replies as he bashes in Vorrets brain with his Mace.

Lassr and Grund, wishing they had Powers of nearly ANY kind, were no match for the two VILLAINS come morning.

VILLAINS WIN
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Re: JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate GAMEOVER

Post by Vorret »

Stessier was converted??
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Two Face was in the game. Shit.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

:lol: So it wasn't any of the unknown three or Lassr.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
stessier

Post by stessier »

If it makes you feel better, Unagi actually was WW when he claimed it. Oh sure, Remus started the game that way, but he didn't last very long against Parasite.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Pretty much everything went right for the bad guys that game. Offed WW first night (I had even considered scanning myself due to the protection - what a fun mess that would have made), then converting Hawkman the same night he is contacted by MM.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

PLAYERS
1 Vorret - HAWKWOMAN
2 Grundbegriff n
3 Holman n
4 El Guapo - JOKER
5 triggercut - MARTIAN MANHUNTER
6 RMC n
7 moliere n
8 Remus West - WONDER WOMAN
9 stessier - HAWKMAN
10 lassr n
11 bb2112 n
12 unagi - PARASITE

2 VILLAIN
4 HERO
6 NORMAL
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote::lol: So it wasn't any of the unknown three or Lassr.
Yep, that game was much more complicated than it appeared. Of course there is no way to know when all roles are hidden. There is just nothing to analyze unless you want to run through the possibilities of each combination of bad guys being in the game. That would take some time.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:Two Face was in the game. Shit.
ah two face was not in the game, Unagi lied. And thus goes back on my creeps list.
Last edited by Lassr on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Perhaps I'll make new versions with specific matchups.
"Where are you off to?"

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Thanks for running the game.

Was fun to be on that lucky end of things.
Also, was nice to finally get a successful Seer claim in!

Crazy stuff.

I will say that I don't think Conversion games are as fun at all.
Just too much of a random 'gotcha' involved.

good game everyone.
I'd have honestly ran with everything that was basically presented. What else can ya do? Come up with the bazillion other counter examples of what could be happening?

Also, Remus, I don't think us WonderWomen can protect ourselves.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:
ah two face was not in the game, Unagi lied. And thus goes bad on my creeps list.
Huh?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:
ah two face was not in the game, Unagi lied. And thus goes bad on my creeps list.
Huh?
goes back on my creeps list. I said you were giving me the creeps this game you creepy parasite! :P

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: I'd have honestly ran with everything that was basically presented. What else can ya do? Come up with the bazillion other counter examples of what could be happening?
this. I looked back and there was really nothing we could have done to win this except go against odds and logic. Just start randomly killing people whether they had revealed or not.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Part of the reason I designed the Mystery version (which I believe I have always run JLA) is that there is almost always the potential for some form of subterfuge and explanation beyond the Obvious/Proven.

For example, a converted Hawk counts as VILLAIN and HARLEY to Seer and people immune to VILLAINs.

Figuring out which roles are or are not represented based on events gives clues, but seldom proof.
"Where are you off to?"

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Yeah, the conversion thing just doesn't work too well. A betrayal mechanic? Sure! Absolutely. Unless it's a forced first-day conversion though, I think I'm done with games that use it.

In any event, I knew Unagi was lying about being Wonder Woman...or at least being on Team Goodguy. I suspected him strongly, and honestly when Moliere came back as a goodguy that was the last confirmation I needed. It was kind of awful and simple really: if Moliere comes back badguy, the things the village thought they knew might still be true and Justice League prevails. If Moliere comes back goodguy, NONE of the things the village thinks they know are true, and no one should be trusted at all, and the game is probably over in favor of the badguys.

At any rate, that's why I communicated with Unagi on the night we died. With the conversion mechanic in place and knowing there was little to go on, about the best I was hoping for was to buy the village one more day and maybe something good would happen.

Ah well, good game!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Holman

Post by Holman »

I was killed early, and then I went out of contact for a week (seriously--I had to bike 1/3 mile to find one bar on my phone). But thanks for running the game, Chaosraven!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Thanks for running this, Chaosraven.

As others have noted, we (the villains) got pretty much every single break this game. That started with offing Wonder Woman on night 0, which was pretty much dumb luck (that Remus happened to be WW). Then targeting / converted Hawkman night 1 (though targeting stessier was driven by Unagi reading stessier as a probable special). Plus Hawkman having been contacted by Martian Manhunter that same evening. Plus Unagi being parasite, which meant that as of day 2 we had a complete readout of the hero lineup, which gave us a lot of freedom for targeting and spoofing.

FWIW we waited until night 1 do use the conversion because we figured that I was unlikely to be targeted for lynch on day 1, and by waiting we could get more targeting information and increase confusion in the village (the convert would have more of an authentically 'good' track record, for one).
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well at least BB got killed. Really man, we have to stop picking on each other. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaosraven wrote:
"Not with this," HarleyMan replies as he bashes in Vorrets brain with his Mace.
This was a nice touch. :)
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:Well at least BB got killed. Really man, we have to stop picking on each other. :)
Actually I did not go after you this game. I didn't get any vibe that you were evil and wanted Unagi tested. At least until he came out as WW.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We had zero chance of winning this, kinda crazy how at some point we thought this was almost a sure win for heroes.
Bad luck all around and I agree with everone else, either remove conversion OR make it more... public, so if there's no lynch one night at least say "someone was converted" so we know there's someone we have to be suspicious of, still, I'm not sure if it would have worked out in the end.

Thanks Chaos for running this :)
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:We had zero chance of winning this, kinda crazy how at some point we thought this was almost a sure win for heroes.
Bad luck all around and I agree with everone else, either remove conversion OR make it more... public, so if there's no lynch one night at least say "someone was converted" so we know there's someone we have to be suspicious of, still, I'm not sure if it would have worked out in the end.

Thanks Chaos for running this :)
As I was constantly running through the scenarios in my head I kept coming back to, if either Stess or Unagi were converted or lying, then we lost. I had both as small percentage chances. I never would have dreamed that both were in fact true. In this game we would have been further ahead if we just killed all our specials as they announced. Not usually a winning strategy.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The "Mystery" of Conversion versus Protection is why no info is given, unless certain roles that do "Counting" are in the game.

If people like the powers themselves, I will make a NonMystery version
"Where are you off to?"

LenGess

JLA The Revenge of the Crime Syndicate GAMEOVER

Post by LenGess »

Whats with this "young girl who is actually a demon" theme and its sudden popularity?

Making another tank, as should be expected, but I think I might make it more of a hybrid meatshield/dodger than the same high HP guy that I always use.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

what an odd spam post
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:01 pm what an odd spam post
I'm sure that LenGess here is just a new forum member with a passion for old WW games and roleplaying tanks and whatnot. I, for one, welcome you, LenGess.

And man, I *completely* forgot about this game.
Black Lives Matter.