Celestial Kings: Alliance Of The Sacred Suns

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbemont

Celestial Kings: Alliance Of The Sacred Suns

Post by dbemont »

Rock Paper Shotgun has an article on Celestial Kings: Alliance Of The Sacred Suns, which I guess was called Imperium in the past.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... ore-394663

Supposedly something like Crusaders Kings II in space. Turn-based game. Looks interesting, but I am betting on a steep learning curve.

From their site: https://imperiagame.wordpress.com/

Alliance of the Sacred Suns is a 4X game where you have just reached your majority as an 18-year old trying to rebuild humanity’s old empire after a cataclysmic war forced humanity to move to a new quadrant of the galaxy. It is over 1000 years later and you are thrust into a position where, after a string of weak emperors... You were born with a strange ability: to read and change the minds and thoughts of others.

Developer showing things off, as of four weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIw4tYk58ro
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball
Holman

Re: Celestial Kings: Alliance Of The Sacred Suns

Post by Holman »

Saw that story today. Definitely intrigued!

Shouldn't this be in PC Gaming, though?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I will follow the progress of this game with great interest...over in PC gaming.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
tgb

Post by tgb »

I saw that as well. I've been waiting for GOG to get Emperor of the Fading Suns, but this may prove a suitable replacement.

A couple of sales back I grabbed Pocket Space Empire, and I've been watching it closely. I'm hoping the interface gets some love which would ease the learning curve, but it's very much an indie game.

In the meantime, I hope these guys did a better design job on Alliance than whoever designed their website. That thing is a bad acid flashback from 1995.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
dbemont

Post by dbemont »

Holman wrote:Shouldn't this be in PC Gaming, though?
Ugh! Where did I put it? Sorry, it looks to have been moved to the proper place, though.
tgb wrote:I hope these guys did a better design job on Alliance than whoever designed their website. That thing is a bad acid flashback from 1995.
Yeah, I thought it was just me. The game sounded interesting, but the site just made me grumpy.
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball