Kickstarter 2015-2016 - Mostly Tabletop, but we aren't picky

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Anonymous Bosch

Re: Kickstarter 2015-2016 - Mostly Tabletop, but we aren't p

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Holman wrote:That zeppelin is amazing. Owning it would demand adding zeppelin scenarios to every RPG and miniatures game you played, and THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO THAT.
...except "Oh, the huge manatee!" puns.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Holman

Post by Holman »

Anonymous Bosch wrote:
Holman wrote:That zeppelin is amazing. Owning it would demand adding zeppelin scenarios to every RPG and miniatures game you played, and THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO THAT.
...except "Oh, the huge manatee!" puns.
THAT'S A BONUS!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Recreate Order of the Stick! We're talking primo punditry.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Heroes of Normandie: The Tactical Card Game.

I like the look of this one. The cards and the board convey a lot, but they don't seem too crowded with data. And I got in at the less than 50 bucks level for the base game and all the expansions.
Covfefe!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

The Decemberists Present: ILLIMAT A Game by Keith Baker for 2-4 players

Just backed my first Kickstarter!

As a huge fan of The Decemberists I had to jump on this. Almost 200% backed after going live just a few hours ago. Scheduled to ship in June 2017. Looks pretty cool...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Big fan as well. I need to keep my eye on this one. It looks gorgeous.
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Z-Corn wrote:The Decemberists Present: ILLIMAT A Game by Keith Baker for 2-4 players

As a huge fan of The Decemberists I had to jump on this. Almost 200% backed after going live just a few hours ago. Scheduled to ship in June 2017. Looks pretty cool...
Decemberists + table game + Kickstarter?

I don't need to back this one. I already know (without hints) that my sister will be giving it for Christmas.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Not a board game. But, since I know there are some city builder fans:

Goblins of Elderstone
Build a goblin village! Manage a chaotic tribe! Survive Winter! Expand, Trade and Conquer! Commune with the Gods! Be the Goblin King!
Edit: In case it wasn't clear, this is for PC. Steam Early Access apparently provided with backing.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Deep Madness

I've been following this one for a while and it looks very promising. It definitely has an underwater Mansions of Madness vibe but I love underwater horror so that is perfect for me. They have really embraced the seabase theme and setting with flooding rooms and corruption playing a big part of game-play. If a room floods it's harder to move through and you can actually drown if you aren't careful. Also, as rooms become corrupted by the evil forces the tiles flip over to reveal corrupted version of the same room.

Bit pricey but I'm definitely in on this one.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lordnine wrote:Deep Madness

I've been following this one for a while and it looks very promising. It definitely has an underwater Mansions of Madness vibe but I love underwater horror so that is perfect for me. They have really embraced the seabase theme and setting with flooding rooms and corruption playing a big part of game-play. If a room floods it's harder to move through and you can actually drown if you aren't careful. Also, as rooms become corrupted by the evil forces the tiles flip over to reveal corrupted version of the same room.

Bit pricey but I'm definitely in on this one.
I really should stop looking in this thread. It does look rather cool and I'm drawn to the underwater setting. Maybe the madness will pass after a bit. Off to take a look at their rulebook...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Getting somewhat burned on Folklore: The Affliction has turned me off the big box coops for now. :cry:
Covfefe!
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I thought impressions from gencon were actually positive on that one? I didn't back it but have followed its development on and off for a while.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm more annoyed by the lengthy delay. But I did get a chance to play a "beta" version at Origins this past summer, and it left me with a decidedly unexcited feeling.

The only projects I'm waiting on now (beyond Folklore) are games I'm actually looking forward to: the Mistfall expansion (one of my picks for most underrated games of the year), and the new Nemo's War/Darkest Night editions. Well, that and Massive Darkness, which I backed in a moment of weakness. Hopefully that will be fun though.
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Z-Corn wrote:The Decemberists Present: ILLIMAT A Game by Keith Baker for 2-4 players

Heard an interview on the Dragon Talk podcast about this game. Sounds kinda cool.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh goodie!!!!!!!

Posted by Flying Frog Productions (Creator)
Hello Brimstone Gang!
We've been busy finishing up development on the last items from the Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter and gearing up for our upcoming new Kickstarter - Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress! It uses all of the same rules and gameplay as the original Shadows of Brimstone, but takes the action to feudal Japan, with Japanese themed Heroes and Enemies. All fully compatible!

Who's in? Come on, you know you want to! Wheeeee!!!!!

:grund:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This was announced at Gencon. It's essentially just a massive, stand alone expansion to the Shadows of Brimstone series.

Most of my anger over this project dissipated once I got my big box o' stuff at Gencon. It was at that point that I realized just how much I got for my investment. It's pretty damn ridiculous. They screwed up, but besides the wait period, we are making out like bandits on this one.
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh, I know it was a great deal. (Assuming that I do eventually get my pledge.)

But deal or not, I'm not sure I'm willing... again... to put up with massive delays, whining about money, cheap money grabs, etc.

Another core set sounds great on the surface, but that's a lot to put up with.

I also look at the new figures, and the first thing I think is "I wonder how many pieces it comes as..."

Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I may back it, as I do think they've learned from their mistakes on the first one. Plus, I love SoB. But yeah, assembling those minis can suck my left #^%(@
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Only the left? 8-)

In the immortal words of Archer "Eat a dick, mini construction. Eat a dick!"

Black Lives Matter

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I wish them the best of luck, but I'll pass. I'm very excited to see what I eventually get, however the update posted is really ambiguous and they give themselves an out for delays with it being out of their hands based on scheduling and holidays in China. So while they indicate things are shipping in Dec/Jan, I guess we'll see what actually happens. I know I was at the tail-end of deliveries for the base game shipments so it won't surprise me at all to get all my stuff in April (or later) of next year.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'd actually be even more angry if I was relying only on the physical stuff. But since I mostly play on TTS, I have access to a bit more than I'd have in my grubby little hands.

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Just saw an unboxing video for the digital proof of Nemo's War and the components look pretty nice. Nice artwork, mounted map and they had me at rounded counters :wub: . Glad I backed it and looking forward to the day it gets shipped and hits the table. Might even be able to convince the daughter to play since it has co-op rules.

For your viewing pleasure!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, this was a no brainer for me after seeing the amazing quality of the Dawn of the Zeds third edition. I was going to order the older edition a while ago, so I'm glad I held out.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:Yeah, this was a no brainer for me after seeing the amazing quality of the Dawn of the Zeds third edition. I was going to order the older edition a while ago, so I'm glad I held out.
Sometimes I regret not getting the Zeds 3rd edition but I have the 2nd ed. and Directors Cut expansion so that's more than enough fun for me.
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh, you've got a great game with that one. No worries on that account.
Covfefe!
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Received my copy of Conan today. It all looks nice but the first deck of cards I turned over had a typo on it…

Impressions on the gameplay have been great, it’s just disappointing that a Kickstarter that raised over 3million couldn’t pull off a better English translation. Their last update stated that they are already working on a revised English rulebook that backers will receive for free on request. I think I will wait till that is done.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, it's probably wise to give them adequate time to hear the lamentations of the backers.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Or, in this case, the lanentations.
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote:Or, in this case, the lanentations.
:clap:

Black Lives Matter

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'll be jumping on the Tiny Epic Quest Kickstarter starting this Friday.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

hentzau wrote:I'll be jumping on the Tiny Epic Quest Kickstarter starting this Friday.
I'll probably back this as well. Looks interesting and I have enjoyed the series for the most part.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Chrisoc13 wrote:
hentzau wrote:I'll be jumping on the Tiny Epic Quest Kickstarter starting this Friday.
I'll probably back this as well. Looks interesting and I have enjoyed the series for the most part.
I backed it, largely for the meeples.

Quick question - if I were only able to get one of the Tiny Epic series to have for quick 30 to 60 minute plays with my dad or friends (2-player, largely), which should I get? I need a nice quick game to play while baby is being good.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

baelthazar wrote:
Chrisoc13 wrote:

Quick question - if I were only able to get one of the Tiny Epic series to have for quick 30 to 60 minute plays with my dad or friends (2-player, largely), which should I get? I need a nice quick game to play while baby is being good.
My favorite of the series is Tiny Epic Galaxies, bar none. Tons of replay, lots of strategy, really enjoy it. Hope to get a couple of games of it in this weekend, along with some Tiny Epic Western to try and solidify my opinion of that one.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

baelthazar wrote:
Chrisoc13 wrote:

Definitely what hentzau said. I've found most of the rest of the series to be largely underwhelming, but Tiny Epic Galaxies is an outstanding little game.
Last edited by Anonymous Bosch on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Yes galaxies is the best one so far.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

TheMix wrote:Oh goodie!!!!!!!

Posted by Flying Frog Productions (Creator)
Hello Brimstone Gang!
We've been busy finishing up development on the last items from the Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter and gearing up for our upcoming new Kickstarter - Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress! It uses all of the same rules and gameplay as the original Shadows of Brimstone, but takes the action to feudal Japan, with Japanese themed Heroes and Enemies. All fully compatible!

Who's in? Come on, you know you want to! Wheeeee!!!!!

:grund:
It's out today. And it's closing in on $600K in the first 16 hours.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Nope. Slightly tempted. But it's not worth the hassle. Nor does it look like as good a value. I'm just going to walk away. Maybe someday I'll get the base set in the store for half what they are asking...

Black Lives Matter

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, the fact that I can go on Amazon right now and purchase stuff that's still part of my stretch goal shipment for cheaper than the MSRP is all I need to know. I wish them luck and hope their supporters know what they're agreeing to.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I backed it...then cancelled once I realized the 95 dollar level was just the core box. And it wasn't shipping until march of 2018. I think I''m done with projects that are more than a year away.
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

That was another thing. They "simplified" the pricing. So it's ~$100 for the core set. Or ~$300 for the core set and the expansion. With some extras. At least with the first one, even if I don't ever see the extras, I still got 2 core sets for $150. Or $75 each. Which, of course, I've seen them on sale for less... but not a lot less. So this is $100 for a core set and some extras... that I can probably live without. A core set that I'll be able to get in the store for (probably) <$75 not too long after it becomes available. Nope. No thanks. Oh, and that doesn't even include the extra shipping this time around.

Black Lives Matter