Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm pretty much down to this game and Clash of Clans. I've spent a little money on this game, but nothing major.
I will say that at the moment, Wedge & Biggs are over powered...that said, I'm loving being able to use them for now. My 32k power squad can beat 36-37k squads.

I think using that low power level squad is helping me a bit in Galactic War. I've been able to fight my way through the last couple of weeks (when I remember).

I'm really hoping they come up with a new raid sometime soon. The Rancor is getting old.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

The Ship update is live.
They've finally added a ship portion of the game. The mechanics aren't all that different, but it's something new. You have a capital ship (one of 3 possible) that is a supporting, untargetable ship and some fighters. You can upgrade the capital ship, the fighters, and the crew for those ships. Luckily, the crew are toons you already have access to, and can be used in regular combat.
Ackbar, Tarkin, and Mace are the starting 3 for capital ships. There are about 20 fighters and crew available, but so far, I only have 6 active fighters. The fighter blueprints aren't available widely yet, so it will take a while to build up a good, strong force.

They give you the capital ships in an event as you level up. You can also unlock a few fighters.

If you haven't played in a while, give it a shot - see if the addition of ships will help you get back into the game. Honestly, this is the only game still keeping my interest on the ipad. If I didn't have Clanmates counting on me in war, I'd probably put Clash of Clans aside completely.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Any suggestions for money. I am finding it tough to get the cash to level up my characters. I have plenty of 7 star ones but all stuck around mid 60's atm.

I do the heists when they are there as well as the challenges but recently seem to be really short of cash. I still collect shards but am trying to avoid getting anymore 7 stars but at a million a pop to level from 6 to 7 its very expensive.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Other than heists, there's not much you can do for money. Are you in a guild? I highly recommend joining one if you're not. There's some pretty good money in raids.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

cheeba wrote:Other than heists, there's not much you can do for money. Are you in a guild? I highly recommend joining one if you're not. There's some pretty good money in raids.
Yeah in the OO guild. Never enough gold regardless. Have stopped staring up toons to concentrate on levelling current ones for now. Thanks
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

There's an OO guild? Is it active? I'm in the GWJ guild and it seems to be doing well.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

cheeba wrote:There's an OO guild? Is it active? I'm in the GWJ guild and it seems to be doing well.
Yep pretty good, we do 2 different raids and have around 30+ active players
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm the guild leader of "Octo Overlords"
All but a few players have been active in the last week, so we're really doing well right now.

Cash: Galactic War and Heists are the main sources of income. I went through a period when I had to stop promoting from 6 to 7* and concentrate on leveling. It's a phase. You will want to focus on a Scoundrel team so you can get to the highest Heist tier. There's some real money there.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Bakhtosh wrote:I'm the guild leader of "Octo Overlords"
All but a few players have been active in the last week, so we're really doing well right now.

Cash: Galactic War and Heists are the main sources of income. I went through a period when I had to stop promoting from 6 to 7* and concentrate on leveling. It's a phase. You will want to focus on a Scoundrel team so you can get to the highest Heist tier. There's some real money there.
Yeah thanks for that, I am still collecting shards but not promoting and starting to level my players up to 70+. Also a good idea with the scoundrel team.

Any recommendations on scoundrels to get. I only have 6

Chewy, Han, Lando, Boba, Zam and Dengar
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Well damn, had I known there was an OO guild I'd have joined, but now I'm committed to GWJ. Sorry guys. How far progressed are y'all? Heroic AAT down? GWJ is working on it right now, but it doesn't look like it's going well. Unfortunately it looks like it will be a while before I'm at all useful in these raids. Currently I'm level 63.

And Reemul, what you have should make for a good scoundrel team. I'd personally love to pair Greedo with Zam, but I don't have Zam yet and haven't bothered working on Greedo much. I use Stormtrooper Han, Chewie, Lando, Boba, and IG-88.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I can do the second level of the Heist which nets 625k x 2 but higher levels would be better.

Chewy 7* is level 60 Gear lvl VII and mods
Han 7* is level 60 Gear lvl VII and mods
Lando 7* is level 54 Gear lvl VII and mods
Boba 5* is level 62 Gear VIII and mods (soon to be 6*)
Zam 4* is level 51 Gear lvl VII and mods (Soon to be 5*)
Dengar 2* is level 50 Gear lvl VI no mods (Needs work)

Anything more than the second heist and I get my ass kicked, suppose more power is the solution.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

My Scoundrel team:
Fett 7*, Gear IX, 85
IG88 7*, Gear VII, 85
Cad Bane 7*, Gear VII, 83
ST Han 7*, Gear IX, 85
Chewie 6*, Gear VII, 83

I have Greedo 5*, Dengar 4*, Mob Enforcer 4*, and Zam 3*. I really want Lando, but spending all of my cantina energy on Geonosian Spy and Mods right now.

Octo Overlords is currently alternating Tier 4 & Tier 6 Rancor. We're on our 3rd AAT (Tier 6). We have 14 members level 80 or above. 13 levels 70-79, 8 in the 60s, 7 in the 50s, 5 40s, a 30 and a 20. We're not quite ready for Heroic yet, but in a couple of months I think we'll start trying Rancor 7.

I think 3 of us 85s have alts in the guild who are in the 40-60 range.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I have a 75 and a 43 as well. Both my sons games but really I ended up doing most of it daily :shock:
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

New updates came down in the last couple of days:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwar ... nts-part-4

Saving Squad Configurations: Preset Squad Configurations can now be saved and selected in the squad selection screen. This feature is very robust allowing squads to be grouped into tabs (ex. AAT Squads) and rearranged/deleted.
Speed Up Combat: Combat speed can now be modified between three settings (1x, 2x, 4x). These speeds are independent of Auto or manual battle allowing increased speed while retaining manual strategy.
Basics Only in Auto Battle: Auto Battle can now be configured to only use basic attacks. This setting can be enabled in the Battle Settings menu and provides the choice between Auto Battle using all abilities, using basic abilities only, and providing an option to select the desired behavior when tapping the button in combat.

Challenge Completion and Rewards:
- Character Gear Challenge rewards have been increased so that higher tiers always provide better rewards.
- When the final tier is simmable for all Character Challenges, a multi-sim button is available to sim all available challenges at once. (Timers still apply)
Preview Ability Upgrades: Ability levels can now be researched allowing players to make more informed choices regarding their investments.
Train/Enhance Screen Improvements: The unit’s desired level can now be selected and necessary resources will be automatically assigned.
Upgrading Mods:
-The animation for upgrading a Mod is much faster and can be skipped.
- Mods can be upgraded based on a desired level.
Player Profile:
- A player's fleet arena ships and ship inventory can now be viewed in the player's profile.
- The players XP bar and level have been updated to include the player’s name and look tappable. Many players were not aware they could view their own player profile.
- New stat added "Fleet Arena Battles Won"
Guild Leader Message: Guild Leaders can now set a persistent message at the top of chat allowing them to communicate important information.
Improved Home Button: To enable easier navigation in the Guild Room and Ship Room, the Home button (upper right corner) will be contextual to the current room. (Cantina, Guild Room, Ship Room). For example, when viewing the Raid Leaderboard, the home button will be replaced with a Guild Room button.
Squad Arena Daily Activity will be reduced from 3 attempts to 2 attempts for players that have the Fleet Arena daily activity.
Allies: Players can now make more informed decisions around their Allies
- Guild names have been added to Ally Management and Requests including Ally Request inbox messages and post battle Ally Requests.
- Potential Ally’s player profile can be viewed when an Ally Request inbox message is received.
- Current Allies now display Guild name and last active time to allow easier management.
Favorite Unit: A unit can now be identified as a favorite allowing easy identification when viewing the character/ship inventory.
- A filter exists for only viewing these units.
Guild Management: The "Last Login" filter in Guild Management has been updated to "Last Activity" to convey a more accurate time period since the player has last played the game. “Last Login” had the potential to not update for highly active players that never closed the game.
Galactic War Rewards now scale as the player levels up
Shipments
- All Shipments/Feature Stores can now be accessed from each other allowing easy navigation between them. For example when making purchases after timers have reset.
- The Shipments Daily Activity will now increment from purchasing from either Shipments or any of the feature stores.
Teebo Bug Fixed: Taunt and Stealth effects no longer completely overwrite one another or themselves.
- If a unit has multiple Taunt effects or multiple Stealth effects, their durations will be tracked individually, rather than the newer buff overwriting the older one.
- If a unit has both Taunt and Stealth at the same time, Taunt takes precedence (i.e., enemies will be forced to target them), but the unit will still count as both Taunting and Stealthed for the purposes of triggering other effects and abilities.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Bakhtosh wrote:New updates came down in the last couple of days:
NEXT couple of days...they had the game down for a few hours today...they've updated some things, but the full fix isn't in yet.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

This all looks great, I am still really enjoying this without spending a penny.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Not sure if there is a solution but my alt game is being played on a Kindle Fire. I side loaded the app and it works fine except there is no google play support so it is saved locally only.

Today's update has been downloaded and my game runs but none of the updates are there. My other games connected to the game and downloaded extra data but this version hasn't. Wondered if anyone had any ideas?
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Ok fixed it, the auto update hadn't done the latest version.

This latest version is awesome, some great changes apparently improved Galactic War rewards are coming in the next 24 hours as well once everyone is on the latest version
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

OK looking for my guidance. I seem to have stopped around 800-600 on the arena. I know I need to level up to 85 to get higher, just cash is slow. Also could do with more specific mods, just using mainly 4* health atm.

Currently planning on levelling Wedge and Aayla Secura maybe. Outside of that really unsure where to go next.

Here is a link to my squad.

https://swgoh.gg/u/reemul/collection/

Anyone have any advice?

Also says I have been in the guild over a year, this game hasn't done too badly all things considering and I have managed to not spend anything on it yet.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Reemul wrote:OK looking for my guidance. I seem to have stopped around 800-600 on the arena. I know I need to level up to 85 to get higher, just cash is slow. Also could do with more specific mods, just using mainly 4* health atm.

Currently planning on levelling Wedge and Aayla Secura maybe. Outside of that really unsure where to go next.
Arena is very subjective. As accounts go dormant, the Devs will occasionally merge server shards and you get shuffled. The good news is that the rewards start to level off the higher you go. Try to get below 500 and stay there. There isn't a set Arena team, so there's not a good counter that works for every team. Right now, my arena team is Wiggs, Emperor, Yoda, and Leia. Wiggs is there for big damage. Yoda has my only +30 speed mod, and he goes first to give the big tenacity up boost. Emperor and Leia are expendable, sometimes swapped out for Qui Gon, ST Han, Fett, or Anakin as needed (use QGJ if they have tanks you need to debuff). This team is great against anyone running a team that depends on debuffs (Emperor/Vader combos or even Tie Pilot if Yoda can beat him), but it doesn't do crap against droids and struggles against teams with more than 1 tank (unless I have the right mix). You have to pick a winning team and refresh until you find an opponent you're strong against.

The big payout right now are the scoundrel events and GW. So make sure you're scoundrel game is strong, and use the new team roster to build up your GW squads. Best as I can figure, here's the basic strategy for GW:
Round 1: use your lowest power team that can win to start off the war.
2: Use your highest power squad, to give them all TM, but make sure cooldowns are reset before the fight ends
3: Repeat, using all of your squads that you can put together.
4: Don't use the same team twice in a row if you can help it.
5: Use Retreat and select a different team if your guys are being picked off - sometimes you can change the leader of the team to bring different synergies into play for a positive result. You can also try attacking different enemies to hopefully get the RNG to roll more in your favor.
6: The old trick of sending in a suicide squad may backfire if it's just giving the enemy some TM where your main squad may be able to take out 1 or 2 of them before they get a chance to move. Only use a suicide squad if you need to get them to waste a special attack or two that's giving you fits.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Thanks for that. GW are going well at the moment, I can do them 75% of the time or the last battle is too tough.

Really working on Soundrel team atm. Are Dengar and Greedo worth levelling up over any of Boba Fett, Chewy, Lando, Zam or St Ham all who are 7* and between level 62 and 79 and all gear level 8 or should I just work on levelling them up to 85 as I go and ignore Dengar and Greedo.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Reemul wrote:Thanks for that. GW are going well at the moment, I can do them 75% of the time or the last battle is too tough.

Really working on Soundrel team atm. Are Dengar and Greedo worth levelling up over any of Boba Fett, Chewy, Lando, Zam or St Ham all who are 7* and between level 62 and 79 and all gear level 8 or should I just work on levelling them up to 85 as I go and ignore Dengar and Greedo.
My scoundrel team is Fett, Bane, ST Han, IG-88, and Chewie (6*). I really want Lando, but concentrating on Pathfinder ATM (just got him to 6*...may switch to Lando now.
I'd say your team is great. Get them leveled and geared up. Dengar seems to be pretty good at high levels, but you're probably better off with the team you have for right now. They make a great GW team too, and you'll have a couple of good leaders in the mix. The advantage of Dengar/Greedo is they are bounty hunters, so they play well with Fett's leader skill.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Ok that sounds good, will level them up but maybe look to up greedo and dengar as and when.

fett is now level 79 and ix gear level.

Sometimes it feels like you are getting nowhere then all of a sudden you make a step or 2. I am real close to top 500 hitting in and around 500-550 atm so shouldn't take much more,
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Just put my first Zeta on Vader. May regret it, but looking forward to soloing the pigs in Heroic Rancor.
Everyone wants Solo shards.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm not impressed with Greedo. I don't see him being used anywhere on anyones team.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Yeah I may leave Greedo. Thought the Iv Kanan level was pretty easy for a level 80+ event, if you are lower level give it a go. I managed it on my alt game with max level 64 toons
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm about ready to try a Tier 7 rancor raid...
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I think we may be stuck between tier 6 being too easy now and heroic too hard but we need to give it a go and see.

I don't have enough depth in my squad or any at lvl 85 yet still come 5th or 6th in it. I think we would rely on the top 4 players to get us through it.

I managed the last tier on credit heist which should really help get my team up to level.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Just a bump. Our guild is Octo Overlords. Ally codes are in the posts above, but if you'll warn me here, I'll add you:
my code is: 937-937-351
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Just to add we are doing well, not far off doing the first heroic raid and doing the 6 star one in a day or so at the most. Lots of support for people as well as advice, chat is quite active at times as well.
Harry Catalano

Post by Harry Catalano »

I've been playing for 10 days. Don't know if this is right, but after the level 4 company there are problems. Level 30 mobs destroy my squad (+42 lvl fighters).
gross
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Harry Catalano wrote:I've been playing for 10 days. Don't know if this is right, but after the level 4 company there are problems. Level 30 mobs destroy my squad (+42 lvl fighters).
Not sure I quite follow you. "Level 4 company"?
Enlarge ImageEnlarge ImageEnlarge Image

What part of the game are you talking about?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Starting out first heroic raid soon. Here's the guild plan.

First 24 hours, everyone with at least one 7* toon attacks with only one toon and only targets the side guards.

If you don't hit the middle guard, you will eventually die and not have scored any points.

Once 24 hours is up, one person attempts to solo the raid. If successful, that person gets first place and 10 Han Solo shards.

Everyone else who is on the board with zero points, shares second place and gets 9 Han Solo shards, each.

If he can't finish the raid, the next strongest attempts to finish it, leaving everyone else 3rd place and 8 Solo shards.

Any questions?

Pick your 7* with the lowest health and avoid AOE attacks. Don't use Magma Trooper or any other that does damage to more than one enemy. Don't send one with retaliation.

If you accidentally hit the middle pig, retreat and try a different tactic.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Well, looks like the Devs have changed the Raids so that you can't tie. This leaves the big rewards for the top players with no real way to reward those with 1 or 2 7-star toons.

Our top player left the guild, which leaves us in a bit of a lurch. We need 7* toons for the raids, but we need any players who will log in and spend energy to refill the raid tickets.
We can beat Heroic rancor, but everyone wants Kenobi, and heroic AAT is probably out of our reach.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Bakhtosh wrote:Well, looks like the Devs have changed the Raids so that you can't tie. This leaves the big rewards for the top players with no real way to reward those with 1 or 2 7-star toons.

Our top player left the guild, which leaves us in a bit of a lurch. We need 7* toons for the raids, but we need any players who will log in and spend energy to refill the raid tickets.
We can beat Heroic rancor, but everyone wants Kenobi, and heroic AAT is probably out of our reach.
We are doing pretty good in general. We can do Heroic Rancour which is a step in the right direction and one down from heroic AAT.

AAT seems to take too long but we need all the level 85 players to log in daily and do it and it will come down a lot quicker and allow people to gear up better.

The big issue for me is gearing up, by the time you need gear 10 and 11 stuff they all need the same gear parts and getting 50 of one is tough let alone needing that 3 or 4 times.

I am making steady progress on ships now to start earning Zetas and am starting to get more characters to level 85 which is also a tough part, cash is always tight and knowing where to spend it isn't easy.

One problem is higher level players are normally already in a guild but it might be worth posting on the SWGOH forums detailing who we need and where we are at. I feel we only need 3 or 4 more high level players and it will make things a lot easier.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I have a guild post in the forums. I currently have the guild settings pretty high, trying to target higher level players, but may need to relax them a little bit.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Bakhtosh wrote:I have a guild post in the forums. I currently have the guild settings pretty high, trying to target higher level players, but may need to relax them a little bit.
Yeah maybe, levelling 70-85 is not very quick compared to 1-70 which is very quick.

Also getting a big squad of players up is tough, my alt game is level 77. I have 8 7 stars and 3 more coming online soon. Got get a decent squad for Raids you need a decent 15 toons and another 10 at least somewhat decent and we won't get that letting level 50 players.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Dropped the level requirement to 60.

Trying to decide who to Zeta next. I use Wedge, Biggs, Fett (lead), Yoda, and one other - currently Palpatine in my arena. Most Zetas are on leader abilities. Yoda's non-leader ability is already Zeta'ed.

Options are Qui Gon, Yoda, Fett, Fives, Sidious, Barriss, Lumi, Rey, Chewie, Phasma, FO Tie Pilot, Maul, Nihilus, Dooku, Cassian, and Ventress. I'll go over pros and cons of each of these in a bit.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Territory battles are coming and they look DOPE!
The OO guild is being absorbed into The Hand of Thrawn. We just don't have enough members. Down to 20 dailies and another 5-10 less frequent players.
I've moved my main account to a serious guild with participation requirements and heroic raids. No one else was interested in that move, so we're merging with another casual guild.
Leaders seem like good people. And it will be nice to be at or over 40 players again.

Reemul is taking his family over to Hand. My alt and my girls will be moving. Hope everyone else makes the move. The new battles will be worth it.