The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

Post by Smoove_B »

I..guess this is as good a place as any - man in Trump shirt stands outside VA polling station open carrying a handgun and handing out GOP literature.
I had my 9-year-old son with me. I felt intimidated,” Cotti said. “And I had to explain to my 9-year-old why a man with a 357 magnum is standing outside the polling station.”

Cotti said the man offered her a Republican sample ballot, which she declined.

“He’s like, ‘Who are you going to vote for, crooked Hillary?’ And I was like, that’s really none of your business,” Cotti said, adding that the man was standing in the sidewalk outside of the office when they left and blocking their path.
Police are totally cool with it though, because hey, it's an open carry state. Before you click on the link see if you can guess the skin color of the guy in question. I'll wait.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Only a 40-foot exclusion zone? Sounds like that needs to be extended.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Smoove_B wrote:I..guess this is as good a place as any - man in Trump shirt stands outside VA polling station open carrying a handgun and handing out GOP literature.
I had my 9-year-old son with me. I felt intimidated,” Cotti said. “And I had to explain to my 9-year-old why a man with a 357 magnum is standing outside the polling station.”

Cotti said the man offered her a Republican sample ballot, which she declined.

“He’s like, ‘Who are you going to vote for, crooked Hillary?’ And I was like, that’s really none of your business,” Cotti said, adding that the man was standing in the sidewalk outside of the office when they left and blocking their path.
Police are totally cool with it though, because hey, it's an open carry state. Before you click on the link see if you can guess the skin color of the guy in question. I'll wait.
Carrying or not, have you seen a lot of non-white guys wearing Trump shirts? I imagine there are a few statistical outliers. But, really.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

As good a place as any, I guess... Trump Surge Freakout: More Violence Against Supporters

Clinton Campaign and DNC Incite Violence at Trump Rallies from Project Veritas reporting on a shady coordinated communications chain between the DNC, Clinton Campaign, Hillary Clinton’s Super PAC (Priorities) and other organizations. A key Clinton operative is on camera saying, “It doesn’t matter what the friggin’ legal and ethics people say, we need to win this motherfucker." Some interesting undercover video of Scott Foval.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Ah yes...Project Veritas, the official-looking equivalent of the chain email that your crazy uncle forwards to you because he got it from his cousin's wife who knows for sure that it's time to put on your tinfoil hat because the voices in her head told her the apocalypse is coming.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Smutly wrote:As good a place as any, I guess... Trump Surge Freakout: More Violence Against Supporters

Clinton Campaign and DNC Incite Violence at Trump Rallies from Project Veritas reporting on a shady coordinated communications chain between the DNC, Clinton Campaign, Hillary Clinton’s Super PAC (Priorities) and other organizations. A key Clinton operative is on camera saying, “It doesn’t matter what the friggin’ legal and ethics people say, we need to win this motherfucker." Some interesting undercover video of Scott Foval.
If there's one person in America who regularly lies more than Trump it's James O'Keefe.

I'm not surprised you would cite him as a source.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

tgb wrote:
Smutly wrote:As good a place as any, I guess... Trump Surge Freakout: More Violence Against Supporters

If there's one person in America who regularly lies more than Trump it's James O'Keefe.

I'm not surprised you would cite him as a source.
Because he's a Russian agent or because you don't like what he video taped? Bob Creamer has a supporting role as well.
Black Lives Matter*

tgb

Post by tgb »

There's only one Russian agent involved in the campaign, and his name rhymes with Dump.

I'm just assuming this video is as accurate and honest at the one he did on Planned Parenthood.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

tgb wrote:There's only one Russian agent involved in the campaign, and his name rhymes with Dump.
Are we sure Stein isn't one, since she's also been abnormally apologetic about Russia? Or is she just a useful idiot?
Holman

Post by Holman »

tgb wrote:I'm just assuming this video is as accurate and honest at the one he did on Planned Parenthood.
Or on ACORN or the census or any of his other projects.

O'Keefe is investigative the way Trump is presidential.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

So apparently "something" happened at a Trump rally tonight and the SS pulled him off stage. But then came back a few minutes later. Clearly if it was a real threat, he wouldn't have been able to get back out there.
Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

HGC
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Per Twitter (via Captain Caveman), it was just a dude trying to hold up a sign. Crowd panicked, someone yelled "gun", and then the dude got pummeled.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

tgb wrote:There's only one Russian agent involved in the campaign, and his name rhymes with Dump.

I'm just assuming this video is as accurate and honest at the one he did on Planned Parenthood.
I thought he was brought up on charges for that. Whatever happened with that?

It's hilarious to think that someone would try to use a video produced by that charlatan who has been repeatedly shown to be a liar and a fraud, even under oath, that somehow THIS video is not a complete fabrication.

How fucking dumb do you have to be?
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Per Twitter (via Captain Caveman), it was just a dude trying to hold up a sign. Crowd panicked, someone yelled "gun", and then the dude got pummeled.
Current evidence suggests it was an assassination attempt from Ted Cruz's father.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Also from CC, Trump running a national ad with classic anti-Semitic tropes. I seriously never thought I would see such a vile person as the head of a major party. And yet 45% of the country is voting for him. What the hell is wrong with people?
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

As someone helpfully put into perspective with turnout usually running between 50 and 60 percent in Presidential election years it is "only" 25 percent or so. Too many but not *as* bad.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Also from CC, Trump running a national ad with classic anti-Semitic tropes. I seriously never thought I would see such a vile person as the head of a major party. And yet 45% of the country is voting for him. What the hell is wrong with people?
They're obviously deplorable. Someone should put them in a basket.
Black Lives Matter*

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Willful blindness.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Check out @chrisgeidner's Tweet:

On mobile so not sure how it'll show up. Disgusting fuck.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Also from CC, Trump running a national ad with classic anti-Semitic tropes. I seriously never thought I would see such a vile person as the head of a major party. And yet 45% of the country is voting for him. What the hell is wrong with people?
I actually took the time to watch that video and your assertion if fucking stupid. Playing the race card when he's talking about establishment politics and powers is just chicken shit. The opinion piece is from Josh Marhsall of TPM? Yeah, no agenda there.
Black Lives Matter*

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

tjg_marantz wrote:Check out @chrisgeidner's Tweet:

This tweet?
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Defiant wrote:
tjg_marantz wrote:Check out @chrisgeidner's Tweet:

This tweet?
Thanks yes
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Rip

Post by Rip »

Vampires?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Wrong state, surely? Maybe if it was CA, LA or ME they would be a larger demographic. Or Chicago.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote:Vampires?
Vampires get to vote? I assumed they hadn't had their suffrage movement yet.

Kudos for being an open minded country though. Which is amazing, since that tweet implies the opposite.

You guys down there understand it's 2016, right? I mean, it's been about half a century since this sort of shit was institutionalized. Is it the nostalgia that appeals?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Smutly wrote:
I actually took the time to watch that video and your assertion if fucking stupid. Playing the race card when he's talking about establishment politics and powers is just chicken shit. The opinion piece is from Josh Marhsall of TPM? Yeah, no agenda there.
The ad harkens back almost to a tee to anti-Semitic rhetoric from past eras (or currently in other areas of the world (e.g. Iran).
Having an agenda doesn't make that any less true or less scary.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smutly wrote:
Lol. The jews have all the money and they control the world and are keeping you down. Yeah, that's completely reasonable and we certainly have never heard that before.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

GreenGoo wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Lol. The jews have all the money and they control the world and are keeping you down. Yeah, that's completely reasonable and we certainly have never heard that before.
I have no idea WTF you people are talking about. While I certainly have heard the anti-Semitic bullshit you are spouting, Trump is not saying that at all. You are projecting your desire for him to be racist.
Black Lives Matter*

raydude

Post by raydude »

GreenGoo wrote:

I thought he was brought up on charges for that. Whatever happened with that?

It's hilarious to think that someone would try to use a video produced by that charlatan who has been repeatedly shown to be a liar and a fraud, even under oath, that somehow THIS video is not a complete fabrication.

How fucking dumb do you have to be?
:clap:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smutly wrote: I have no idea WTF you people are talking about. While I certainly have heard the anti-Semitic bullshit you are spouting, Trump is not saying that at all. You are projecting your desire for him to be racist.
I'd much rather he wasn't racist, actually.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Smutly wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
Smutly wrote:
I have no idea WTF you people are talking about. While I certainly have heard the anti-Semitic bullshit you are spouting, Trump is not saying that at all. You are projecting your desire for him to be racist.
Maybe as Jews, we're a little sensitive to these motifs. I think they're pretty blatant. If you don't see them, then maybe you're not the target audience, but the target audience will definitely notice them, and that's the point.

Now, to be honest, Trump is probably ignorant about history and this sort of stuff, so it's probably Bannon and his ilk on his campaign team that's orchestrating it.

Monday he's campaigning with Ted Nugent, who has pushed many anti-semetic memes (among many other vile statements):
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You don't get to tell people of a race that you aren't that things they hear aren't racist. That the things they've over decades and are hearing again aren't what they know them to be because you haven't experienced them, and therefore, they must be wrong.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Per Twitter (via Captain Caveman), it was just a dude trying to hold up a sign. Crowd panicked, someone yelled "gun", and then the dude got pummeled.
Trump's campaign is already framing this as an "assassination attempt".
Dan Scavino Jr., Trump's social media director, and Donald Trump Jr., the nominee's oldest son, retweeted Jack Posobiec, a supporter who wrote: "Hillary (Clinton) ran away from rain today. Trump is back on stage minutes after assassination attempt."
:roll: :roll:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

More blatant lying that is easily debunked Trump at his rally claims Obama mistreats a protester, yet video of Obama shows utmost respect. Smutly, you and the Riplings can hate on Hilary all you want, but I can't fathom how you can defend this piece of garbage.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
malchior

Post by malchior »

That is what happens when you live in a parallel universe. In that Universe all this stuff about Trump is made up or overblown and Clinton is literally evil. It is apparent that engaging them is like pretty pointless and vice versa at the moment. There is no dialogue possible when basic facts can't be agreed on.

To pick an example, Trump is a misogynist . There is overwhelming evidence of it at this point. He can be heard saying it in different ways. Yet that is dismissed by many of them out of hand - despite his own actual words. You can't argue with that and the pattern is clear. When they are challenged with facts they are denied or ignored. I don't know how we begin to address that yet but we live in incredibly dangerous times due to it.
Rip

Post by Rip »

malchior wrote:That is what happens when you live in a parallel universe. In that Universe all this stuff about Trump is made up or overblown and Clinton is literally evil. It is apparent that engaging them is like pretty pointless and vice versa at the moment. There is no dialogue possible when basic facts can't be agreed on.

To pick an example, Trump is a misogynist . There is overwhelming evidence of it at this point. He can be heard saying it in different ways. Yet that is dismissed by many of them out of hand - despite his own actual words. You can't argue with that and the pattern is clear. When they are challenged with facts they are denied or ignored. I don't know how we begin to address that yet but we live in incredibly dangerous times due to it.
A misogynist, like Jay Z?

Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote:
Trump's campaign is already framing this as an "assassination attempt".
Dan Scavino Jr., Trump's social media director, and Donald Trump Jr., the nominee's oldest son, retweeted Jack Posobiec, a supporter who wrote: "Hillary (Clinton) ran away from rain today. Trump is back on stage minutes after assassination attempt."
:roll: :roll:
It's been confirmed that there was no assassination attempt whatsoever.

The protester was actually a registered Republican with a "Republicans Against Trump" sign.
Initially, there was the expected reaction of people around him booing, he said. “And then all of a sudden people next to me are starting to get violent; they’re grabbing at my arm, trying to rip the sign out of my hand,” he said.

He said he could not be sure but “it looked like” Trump was pointing at him, and may have been “instigating something”. Either way, the crowd piled on him, he said, kicking, punching, holding him on the ground and grabbing his testicles.

He said he was a wrestler in his youth and used his training to turn his head to the side to maintain an airway open as he was being choked by one man who had him in a headlock. “But there were people wrenching on my neck they could have strangled me to death,” he added.

Crites said when he was on the ground he heard someone yell “something about a gun” and he kept telling those on top of him that he had merely been holding a sign.

He was unaware, until the Guardian told him, that Trump had been ushered from the stage amid the mayhem.

For his part, Crites said he felt relieved when police arrived and placed him in handcuffs, but said officers had to fend off Trump supporters who continued to attack him.
He's been released with no charges, of course, but that hasn't stopped the assassination attempt meme from propagating.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Rip wrote:
malchior wrote:That is what happens when you live in a parallel universe. In that Universe all this stuff about Trump is made up or overblown and Clinton is literally evil. It is apparent that engaging them is like pretty pointless and vice versa at the moment. There is no dialogue possible when basic facts can't be agreed on.

A misogynist, like Jay Z?

Last time I checked Jay Z wasn't running for President. Also Hillary is no more responsible for what comes out of Jay Z's mouth then Trump is for what the little voices in his head tell him to say.

Never mind. Bad analogy.