Turkey Day Holiday Sale Damage

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

tgb

Turkey Day Holiday Sale Damage

Post by tgb »

Hegemony III-Clash of the Ancients - $5.99 - GMG
Infinifactory/TIS-100/The Secret World/Volume/Legend of Grimrock II/Dungeons 2 - $4.00 - Humble Bundle
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Daehawk

Re: Turkey Day Holiday Sale Damage

Post by Daehawk »

I thought The Secret World died a long time ago.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote:I thought The Secret World died a long time ago.
Nope, it's still fun
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I think I'm done until next month's sale:

GMG:
Hegemony III - War of the Ancients - $5.99

Humble Bundle:
Infinifactory/Secret World/TIS-100 - $4

Steam:
Tempest - $10
Ortus Arena - $8.50
Colt Express - $10 (not on sale but purchased this week)

7 games for $38.50 - not too shabby.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those folks who didn't see my other post, just FYI Green Man Gaming is having their sale and so far it seems the prices pretty much match up with those on Steam. However, on GMG you can also use the voucher BLACKFRIDAY10 and get an extra 10% off plus you get a mystery game as well.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

When my paycheck drops tomorrow I'll get the complete King's Bounty collection ($9.99), Tales of Maj'Eyal ($3.49) and Aarklash:Legacy ($1.99) at Green Man Gaming - coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY10 - grand total, 14 bucks. :D
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Bundlestars also has some sales similar to Steam (eg, GTA, FO4, etc) and has an 11% off code:
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

FYI: DEAL: Google Play Movies and TV Running 50% Code and It Works on Movie Bundles

If you prefer your movies on another provider (amazon, vudu, itunes), Disney movies will port over if you have a Disney Movies Anywhere account set up and connected with both of them. You could use it on the Star Wars Bundle (all the movies except a New Hope would port over) and get them all for like $50.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Dave Allen wrote:When my paycheck drops tomorrow I'll get the complete King's Bounty collection ($9.99), Tales of Maj'Eyal ($3.49) and Aarklash:Legacy ($1.99) at Green Man Gaming - coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY10 - grand total, 14 bucks. :D
update - my purchase included a couple of "mystery" action games I don't like:
Red Goblin Cursed Forest AJZYE-LW9LG-DTMA9
Mini Metal GJAW9-YIMHQ-Y8CHV

:mrgreen: FCFS :mrgreen:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I picked up TIS-100 and SHENZHEN I/O over on Green Man Gaming. The latter is cheaper on GMG than on Steam. Gotta get me some Zachtronics love!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
storz

Post by storz »

Finally broken down and got Doom from GMG for $17 and change. So far it is the only game purchase I made on Turkey day. As for other stuff, I spend way too much :grund:
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've avoided the Black Friday sale stuff, mostly because my son has strep so the little fellow needed to stay home and rest.

I did pick up a couple of packs of these kick-ass Neil Patrick Harris high-end playing cards. The money goes to a good cause, they look fantastic, and I thought they'd make a cool and inexpensive gift for a couple of friends who appreciate NPH, magic, etc.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I didn't see a Black Friday deals thread so Ill put this here. Its a video from Paul or Paul's Hardware of hardware deals going on. has a lot of stuff in it. Id love to buy that mouse myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv6J6pH ... ure=em-lss
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
morlac

Post by morlac »

YellowKing wrote:I've avoided the Black Friday sale stuff, mostly because my son has strep so the little fellow needed to stay home and rest.

I did pick up a couple of packs of these kick-ass Neil Patrick Harris high-end playing cards. The money goes to a good cause, they look fantastic, and I thought they'd make a cool and inexpensive gift for a couple of friends who appreciate NPH, magic, etc.

Wow Those cards are gorgeous! Bought a few packs to give away and one for me, thanks for linking.

The Christmas sale pricing is rarely better than the fall sale and I just got a new video Card so splurged a little on some new games for myself:

Witcher 3 GOTY
SW Battlefront ultimate
Skyrim Expansions (all of them, never had them)
Starbound (multiple copies for nephews and myself)
2 Rocket league cars :)

Still want and may grab today:

Ark $15
Fallout 4 for $20 is very tempting but waiting for the Gold/Ultimate version
Battlefield 1 $40. Prolly wait until it hits $30.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I have so many games in my backlog that I haven't really been planning on getting much.

But I did pick up a few things.

Betrayer - $1.49 (wallet cash) (This is one that I've been watching for a while. Not expecting a lot, but it looked mildly different/interesting.)

Call of Cthulhu - $1.64 (I've been trying to find my physical copy for years. It just vanished. I figured that was cheap enough to get it digitally. Then, on Thanksgiving no less, my wife's brother informs me that I loaned my physical copy to him. :doh: )

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $4.99 (I've been looking at this for a while. There aren't that many decent co-op games. So I wanted to check it out.)

Borderlands "Take Over Your Life" Bundle - $7.58 (I already have BL1 and it's DLC, and BL2. But it allowed me to pick up the Pre-Sequel for $4.20. That's a helluva good price. No DLC, but seems people were pretty 'meh' on the DLC for the Pre-Sequel. So I can live with that. Also netted me Telltale's game for $3.38.)

Total: $15.70

And only one that I've already played. Not bad.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I spent ~$60 at Steam and the Humble Store. I bought some Tabletop simulator DLC and some cheap adventure games. Only thing I spent more than $5 on was Armello and Kingdom: New Lands.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I ended up spending about $100 between GOG and Steam.

Stellaris Nova Edition /w Leviathans and Plantoids
Mad Max
Zafehouse: Diaries
Breach & Clear
Defense Grid 2 Special Edition
Supreme Commander Gold Edition
Offworld Trading Co /w All DLC
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I ended up purchasing to things off of Origin (which I haven't done in years) - Battlefront Deluxe Edition and Dragon Age Inquisition GotY edition - $34 total. Battlefront was likely for a LAN party and I just happened to notice Dragon Age on sale. I guess I'm just waiting for the year-end stuff, but even then there's nothing I'm really feeling the urgent need to purchase.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Dan256

Post by Dan256 »

TheMix wrote:I

Borderlands "Take Over Your Life" Bundle - $7.58 (I already have BL1 and it's DLC, and BL2. But it allowed me to pick up the Pre-Sequel for $4.20. That's a helluva good price. No DLC, but seems people were pretty 'meh' on the DLC for the Pre-Sequel. So I can live with that. Also netted me Telltale's game for $3.38.)
I found this deal as well. Had BL1 and it's DLC, and it allowed me to get BL2, The Pre-Sequel, and Tales form the Borderlands - all for just $9.43. Great price!

Also picked up Divinity II : Developer's Cut for $2.99

I'm really happy with these gaming purchases, but the happiness is tempered by the sheer number of games I've bought on Steam in the last ten years which I've never even downloaded, let alone played. I'm wondering which one of these games will still be on my to-do list ten years from now...
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Nothing purchased. Fallout 4 will get me to the winter sale. We'll see what the Wish List prices are in a month.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I grabbed Subnautica and Saints Row IV. AND I used the $20 Steam gift card I purchased with my Speedway points from buying gas on the company Fed Ex card for my company vehicle.

So the games were free to me!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Picked up the 1 TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD I've been eyeing when Amazon marked it down to $249 Friday from the usual ~$340.

I'm trying to pretend I didn't see it on sale today for $229 with a free game thrown in. :doh:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Picked up Stellaris with the Leviathan story DLC, as I've been eyeing that for awhile. Doubt I'll pick up more given my backlog.
Black Lives Matter.
Enough

Post by Enough »

For the first time in my life I bought a new TV, the Samsung KS8000 49" UHD.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
naednek

Post by naednek »

I picked up Mafia III Deluxe at GMG. It was cheaper than the standard edition.... Weird, but score!
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Only got Endless Legend DLC Shifters (Steam, $3.24).

Still have a bit of a budget and couple other things I'd like to get but waiting for Xmas as there is no chance I'd play before then and wanted to see if anything I wanted more came along/better priced (unlikely, but not much harm in waiting as the only thing I was likely to purchase will likely be on sale for same price again (Star Ruler 2 w/ DLC).