Marvel Puzzle Quest

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Zaxxon wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:I've been enjoying how Fury's Blue detonates twice when an enemy matches. Two instakills every time.
That's been around for as long as I can remember (or at least as long as I've used Fury), but it requires that two traps be matched I think. It doesn't happen every time, unless that was another bug introduced in the latest patch.
No, I'm saying they'll match one, they'll all blow up and kill the front enemy, then the next enemy dies, too. It's a recent bug.
Ah. Guess I'll need to start using Fury more often...
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I just did something very stupid.

Almost two weeks ago I got a Ragnarok cover from his DD. This would be champ level 183 and a green X-23 cover. My X-23 had 12 covers but 5 in green. I waited and saved command points. This morning while opening my morning tokens I got a second Ragnarok and also got a couple of CP to reach 120 command points. I decided to buy a 13th cover for X-23 with the 120 CP and use the green cover from Rags for the first champ level.

Anyway, somehow in my early morning playing I accidently recruited X-23 again instead of championing. Doh! so, 1000 Iso instead of a legendary token.

At least I got 5* Thanos this morning after Patch downed 3* Thanos.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

You may be able to contact CS about the X-23 issue. They are probably off for the holidays, but they may be able to restore that cover for you.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rocket and Groot's blue power wasn't working properly against Thanos yesterday. You could drop the blue tile, but countdown completion didn't add any strike tiles.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Isgrimnur wrote:Rocket and Groot's blue power wasn't working properly against Thanos yesterday. You could drop the blue tile, but countdown completion didn't add any strike tiles.
I think that Thanos. If he has a purple countdown tile out, you can't add any special tiles to the board. Or something like that.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Looks like that's it.
Thanos deals an extra 80% match damage and no tiles may be destroyed or changed except by Thanos...
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Is anyone else having lots of trouble playing lately? Last week I couldn't get in for about two days straight (Check Internet Connection), then was fine for two days, and now it's back to being down again for the past two days. My internet connection is fine and has been the whole time.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No issues here.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Phone reboot fixed it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's always step one.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Well the Christmas events were nice for me and not super grindy. I got a legendary every day plus lucked out and got another from the Crash of the Mad Titan vault. I got a purple 5* Thanos too.

I managed to finish championing X-23 and Invisible Woman too and Nick Fury is lvl 22 to be championed as soon as I can save up about 90K Iso. It's very nice to get one or two 4* covers every day.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Definitely. Hopefully this leads them to making the 4* DDQ a daily even rather than every five days, especially since there are now just about as many 4* characters as 3*s...
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:Per this page, 16-94 costs 69,529. My recollection may be off, I suppose.

Max championing gives you the following:

Taking Moonstone from 15 to 94 cost 69,530.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I had a good season, went from 6 4* champs to ten adding Nick Fury, Invisible Woman, X-23 and Red Hulk.

Red Hulk is a beast when boosted. His green with 18 ap can do a 14K+ AOE. In the Deadpool PvE I have been pairing him with Scarlet Witch to provide purple which he turns into green and then boom! I've been surprised with Invisible Woman, when boosted her green is a 17K single target nuke. I haven't used Nick Fury much but X-23 is very nice.

Next in line are Kingpin and Miles Morales who have 13 covers now after that who knows.

For those on the fence about selling 2* champs my highest 3*s are all the ones you get while building 2* champions. OBW is highest at 209, with Daken, Steve Rodgers, Human Torch, The Hulk, Thor and Magneto all over 200.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I was on the fence but then you guys showed me the math, so I've sold and am rebuilding about 1/2 of them now.
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

Dem Daily Rewards...

Enlarge Image
WPD

Post by WPD »

Nice! I'm 90 days behind you.
Later ya'll.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sounds like they've heard the criticism about the daily rewards (e.g. why get a common token when you've played 900+ days?). Glad to see they'll start getting better relatively soon for me.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WPD wrote:Nice! I'm 90 days behind you.
44 days.
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Sounds like they've heard the criticism about the daily rewards (e.g. why get a common token when you've played 900+ days?). Glad to see they'll start getting better relatively soon for me.
The listed rewards are very close to the 3-year mark. I'm sure he'll be back to low-class, sad rewards the week after.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

You're probably right. :cry:
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rewards

The list is currently maxed out at 1192.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Gah. I'm hundreds of days behind. But, if I recall correctly, I had 200-300 days in, way back early, and lost all of my progress. Gave up for awhile. Eventually came back because was too much of a fun time killer. Looking forward to some of those rewards.... someday.
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

Yep, the next 5-star reward after that OML yellow is Captain America Yellow for day 1180. So 85 days between 5-stars. Or maybe it's the 90 days between Green Goblin and Cap since OML at 1095 is exactly your 3 year anniversary.

You'll start seeing Heroic 10 packs at day 1088, which at the very least is good for 2-star farming.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I hit day 850 today.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

1065 for me, but I am WAY further behind you guys in overall roster.

Epitome of a casual player...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
WPD

Post by WPD »

WPD wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
WPD wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:I'll have 300 Savory token on the 18th. The 23rd will put me at 297 Sweet tokens. I'll have to wait until the 30th to have 300 for it.

:horse:
Meanwhile I'm saving up for 300 latest legendary tokens. 123 down!
:o
Well, CP to buy latest tokens + actual latest tokens. I only have 51 latest tokens. The rest are just dividing my CP stash by 25.
260 now! 40 more to go!

Edit: fits as a perfect juxtaposition with Hentzau above.
Later ya'll.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I can't hoard. I open tokens as soon as I get them. A couple times I've saved up 120 CP to buy a certain 4* cover, but never more than that. I also usually buy classic legends. I know that's no way to build 5*s but I'm having so much fun building my 4* roster I'm not worried about 5s at this moment.

I'm really enjoying playing with an expanding 4* roster. I still have just ten 4* champs but some of my non champions have started to see some playtime when they are buffed. On the Hearts of Darkness PvE my Champed Thing made things easy when paired with IM40, with Thing's green doing 12k damage and red doing almost 10k with a stun. Plus 4* Jean Grey who has 12 covers but 5 in purple made wave nodes super fun when paired with Scarlet Witch to create purple, I moved her from 190 to 205 during the event. Fun times.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Dramatist's guide to finishing in the top 100 in a PvE for a new cover.

So what if there's a new 4* you want released or an old special one you want like Howard the Duck in the Venom Bomb PvE starting today. You want top 100 the easiest way you can get it to get the cover.

Here's what I do:
1) Go SCL 7 instead of 8
2) Enter my slice about 12 late. This is important, you want the first PvE slice already at 1000 highly competitive players and you want in the 2nd slice of less highly competitive players.
3) Try to do 4 clears of each node in a sub event. 4 clears of each node should almost guarantee finishing top 100.
4) If you have to play less do so early in the event when points are smaller, like day one.
5) 2 day sub-event do all 6 clears.
6) Monitor your progress, finishing 21st gets you the same cover and only 250 Iso more than finishing 100th. Ease up playing if you are safe.
7) Don't be afraid to use non buffed 3* batteries. Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch and IM40 can be strong allies even when they are not buffed if you are using them to create ap for buffed damage dealers.

8) Profit.

I find that the last slice which starts at 1 am central time (for me) is the least competitive, but tailor things to your playstyle.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Or you can do what I did for the previous 4* release: join SCL 8 an hour before the event ends. Luck into being only the 60th person to join a new bracket. Play for 45 minutes. Get 4* cover. :horse:
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Or you can do what I did for the previous 4* release: join SCL 8 an hour before the event ends. Luck into being only the 60th person to join a new bracket. Play for 45 minutes. Get 4* cover. :horse:
That works too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Just started over the holidays, is there an OO Alliance out there? Just level 6 currently.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

There is. We (Zaxxon?) will probably need to boot someone as I think we're full, but there usually are at least one or two people that haven't played in months.

On another note, Mr. Fantastic is the worst. Mine is level 170 5/4/4 and I haven't come close to beating Doom in today's 4* crash.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yesterday's no-shows are:

newcastles
pitbuyllas
C-and_C
Reemule
GenghisOO
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Of that list, only Reemule, newscastles, and GhengisOO also haven't played at all in the current PvP season and the last completed PvE event.
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:There is. We (Zaxxon?) will probably need to boot someone as I think we're full, but there usually are at least one or two people that haven't played in months.

On another note, Mr. Fantastic is the worst. Mine is level 170 5/4/4 and I haven't come close to beating Doom in today's 4* crash.
I didn't even try with my Mr. Fantastic even though he's at 11 covers. I bet he gets a re-work soonish though.

I did champ 3* Dr. Strange today, he's a superstar 3*.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I beat Doom on my 5th try. It took +AP blue/purple, All, and +80% match damage. But the most important thing was just a lucky board - tons of blue so I could stun Doom and barely any purple.
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

C_and_C is my son's account. He's still active. Thanks.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Looks like GenghisOO has been away three months and Reemule two months.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Dramatist

3* Dr. Strange

Post by Dramatist »

3* Dr. Strange

Oh wow; Dr. Strange is a powerful 3*. He's super useful in PvE and worth buying covers with command points.

I just champed him when he had his turn in the DD a few days ago he is so powerful against countdown tiles. With 5 yellow every time a goon places a countdown tile he zaps whoever you have targeted for 1721 damage and heals up to 361 each on your entire team. This can even happen twice on an enemy turn, this adds up super quickly. With five blue covers for 9 blue he can places a 3 turn countdown tile (you pick where so it has a good chance to stick around) that stuns the target for three turns, drains 3 enemy ap in whatever color you place the countdown and then does 1772 damage after each turn.

If you stun the last enemy when they have 5,000 hps, they will be dead before the stun wears off.

Level him up and use him, he's so good.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I still dabble on very rare occasion. Or at least log in and check out what's going on in the game.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.