Trump's Cabinet selection

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Trump's Cabinet selection

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:I'll withhold my thinking on Grund's post until others have their say.
I guess that is all folks are going to say about it.

So....if I'm about to be lynched and I'm an Evil do I claim the role that is going to bring the highest reward or buy me the most time? Claiming Anderson Cooper buys more time than claiming Jill Stein. Claiming Jill brings the potential of a greater reward. If I'm Conway I claim Jill - low value risk for high return. If I'm Trump I claim Jill - if I feel Putin is still around to replace me. If I'm Putin I certainly claim Anderson since claiming Jill is asking to be attacked or outed due to counterclaim.

Not about to be lynched claiming Cooper is silly - even had he not already been claimed. Claiming Stein has the potential for reward if not countered.

Coming forward when I did was mostly because I hadn't been following the game much and just knew we were close to the end not that we were on the edge. I kept hoping to have something to offer that was solid - a Trump/Conway target to lynch. Instead all I have is a bunch of "well, these guys aren't 2/3 of team bad guy but don't stop looking at them". Which is next to useless.

I'm tired of this game's pace and waiting for those under scrutiny to do more so I'm going to try and find time to reread then place my vote.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Votes received
(1) El Guapo: Lassr
(1) Grundbegriff: PLW
(0) Scoop20906:
(0) Remus West:
(0) Lassr:
(0) PLW:
(1) Chaosraven: Lassr, Grundbegriff,

Four votes are needed among the seven remaining players.

Enlarge Image

Stop filibustering! :naughty: Four players have yet to vote.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

El Guapo 

Of course, if he's Trump and Putin lives, we very likely lose.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo 

Less sure of this vote than most day 1 attempts.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

If it matters, I'm a nobody.

So, if Grund and Chaosraven are the (non-Russian) wolves, Grund should be along shortly to finish me off. If not, then Chaosraven is merely mistaken. But then we're still screwed, I think, unless Putin is dead, since even if PLW and Remus are both wolves there's another one still out there.

We'll see!
Black Lives Matter.
PLW

Post by PLW »

I am not a wolf, and I don't think you are either, so I'm not moving my vote. I hope the others change their minds before Grund returns.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote:If it matters, I'm a nobody.

So, if Grund and Chaosraven are the (non-Russian) wolves, Grund should be along shortly to finish me off. If not, then Chaosraven is merely mistaken. But then we're still screwed, I think, unless Putin is dead, since even if PLW Lassr and Remus are both wolves there's another one still out there.

We'll see!
That should be Lassr and Remus. Looked too quickly at Moliere's vote summary - PLW is voting for the next guy down on the list (Grund).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

PLW wrote:I am not a wolf, and I don't think you are either, so I'm not moving my vote. I hope the others change their minds before Grund returns.
This is making me think that Remus is a wolf, and Chaosraven and Lassr are innocent. Once Chaosraven put his vote on me, Remus rushes to put his vote on and hopes that his teammate (which could be almost anyone else, given that his scans would be a lie) gets back in time to finish me off.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
PLW wrote:I am not a wolf, and I don't think you are either, so I'm not moving my vote. I hope the others change their minds before Grund returns.
This is making me think that Remus is a wolf, and Chaosraven and Lassr are innocent. Once Chaosraven put his vote on me, Remus rushes to put his vote on and hopes that his teammate (which could be almost anyone else, given that his scans would be a lie) gets back in time to finish me off.
I'm not a wolf. I simply have no idea which one of the people I haven't scanned to vote for. Given the two scans I do have split their votes I went with the one I think would tell me the most. Would it make you happier if I vote Grundbegriff?

I'm not going to. Mostly because you just suggested a single "teammate" other than me is out there. Which implies you removed yourself from the equation before beginning. Which would mean you are one of the three or else I'd have two other team mates in your eyes.

I may be wrong but that's the closest thing to a blink one of the unscanned has done.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I'm not a wolf. I simply have no idea which one of the people I haven't scanned to vote for. Given the two scans I do have split their votes I went with the one I think would tell me the most. Would it make you happier if I vote Grundbegriff?

I'm not going to. Mostly because you just suggested a single "teammate" other than me is out there. Which implies you removed yourself from the equation before beginning. Which would mean you are one of the three or else I'd have two other team mates in your eyes.

I may be wrong but that's the closest thing to a blink one of the unscanned has done.
I'm thinking of Trump and Conway as a team, and Putin as an associate. My guess is that, if you are a wolf, you're one of Trump or Conway. You can't count on Putin joining your dogpile, because you can't communicate and he doesn't know if you or me are wolves. If he joins your vote, he risks the possibility that you are good and I am evil (though I suppose he would at least gain credibility from his vote in that case).

Hence, you couldn't vote planning on Putin joining your vote, but you could vote based on your direct teammate joining your vote.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It is interesting, though, that you're claiming to vote based on "who would tell you more", when we're probably on our last miss. Unless Putin is dead, which is possible but improbable.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That answers that question. Good game, wolves.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I look forward to watching you twitch, evildoer.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yep, not a good sign. At least it'll be over.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It is possible that Putin is dead, so not certain game over yet.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

So you're proposing alternative facts?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Voting closed. I will work on my write-up shortly. Until then go post on Twitter or something.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:So you're proposing alternative facts?
Speculative facts?
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:shock:

I see dead people
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

YOU KILLED MOLIERE!! YOU BASTIGES, HOW COULD YOU!!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Maybe he got detained.

Or deported.
"Where are you off to?"

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Votes received
(4) El Guapo: Lassr, Chaosraven, Remus West, Grundbegriff
(1) Grundbegriff: PLW
(0) Scoop20906:
(0) Remus West:
(0) Lassr:
(0) PLW:
(0) Chaosraven: Lassr, Grundbegriff,

Enlarge Image

Considering how much Trump loves Hispanics it was not surprising that the village would go after El Guapo, ignoring his prophetic words "I'm a nobody" and voted for him anyway. Well, he was a nobody. When asked for a quote about the village's actions Kellyanne Conway could only look puzzled and say "Who's El Guapo? More importantly, Tucker, who are the Democrats to block President Trump's nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court? Donald Trump won the largest landslide victory in the history of U.S. elections. First they try and stop his highly qualified, and really the greatest Cabinet in the history of all Cabinets, from being confirmed. Now they try and impede the will of the American people and making America Great Again."

Specials, send in your orders. It is now Night 4.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Okay then Remus West is a liar.

Conway and Trump *HAD* to be El G and Grund by his "scans"
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And as the game did NOT end, Putin has died.
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

huh. Putin must be dead. Lucky us as our picks have sucked so far. I was confident up until Grund jumped on the vote quickly.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I was just sick of the lag. Slowest game ever.

Wouldn't it be funny if El Guapo was Putin!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Actually, that raises a question: Moliere!
On lynching, do you announce "Team Putin" only for Conway and Trump? Or Only for Trump & Putin? Or for any of the three?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:Actually, that raises a question: Moliere!
On lynching, do you announce "Team Putin" only for Conway and Trump? Or Only for Trump & Putin? Or for any of the three?
If Trump is lynched and Putin is alive I would announce that Trump has been replaced. If Trump is lynched and Putin is not alive then the game is over.
If Kellyanne is lynched I would announce that Trump no longer has his special Councilor or whatever the fuck her title is.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Okay then Remus West is a liar.

Conway and Trump *HAD* to be El G and Grund by his "scans"
You missed an option as I am not lying.

Scoop, as pointed out my scans have narrowed the field - unless you are lying. If you are telling the truth then I have become expendable as I have no more information to offer. Protect one of my scanned. They take me out they prove both of them - I'll take that trade. Make them play chicken with who you may have protected.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:looks like Scoop has forgotten he's still in the game.
Sorry!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Okay then Remus West is a liar.

Conway and Drumpf *HAD* to be El G and Grund by his "scans"
You missed an option as I am not lying.

Scoop, as pointed out my scans have narrowed the field - unless you are lying. If you are telling the truth then I have become expendable as I have no more information to offer. Protect one of my scanned. They take me out they prove both of them - I'll take that trade. Make them play chicken with who you may have protected.
Screw that. I am protecting myself. TV News journalism is becoming a scarce commodity.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Moliere wrote:
If Trump is lynched and Putin is alive I would announce that Trump has been replaced. If Trump is lynched and Putin is not alive then the game is over.
If Kellyanne is lynched I would announce that Trump no longer has his special Councilor or whatever the fuck her title is.
Let's try again: If we lynch Putin (who counts toward victory), do you say so? If we lynch Conway (who doesn't count toward victory), do you actually tell us which one we killed? Or just that the she was bad?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Moliere wrote:
Let's try again: If we lynch Putin (who counts toward victory), do you say so? If we lynch Conway (who doesn't count toward victory), do you actually tell us which one we killed? Or just that the she was bad?
I don't know about Putin though.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Moliere wrote:
If you lynch Putin it will not be announced as Putin. If you lynch Conway it will be announced as Conway.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Moliere wrote: If you lynch Putin it will not be announced as Putin. If you lynch Conway it will be announced as Conway.
So any of the deaths by day or night could've been Putin.

Thanks.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

By a narrow margin Scoop20906 is confirmed into Donald Trump's Cabinet. During his swearing in ceremony he is caught holding his fingers up behind Steve Bannon's head like bunny ears and afterwards is never heard from again.

Votes received
(0) Grundbegriff:
(0) Remus West:
(0) Lassr:
(0) PLW:
(0) Chaosraven:

Three votes required among the five remaining players.

It is now Day 5.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I scanned Scoop last night just in case........obviously he wasn't lying.

Lets start here.
 Chaosraven 

It has to be he and Grundbegriff.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:I scanned Scoop last night just in case
That would be idiotic; and since you're not idiotic, you must be evil.

Remus West