Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

Post by bb2112 »

The Good Guys – The Rebel Alliance:

Enlarge Image
Talon Karrde: Karrde is a master of figuring out secrets from small scraps of information. Each night Karrde can scan one player and deduce the player’s identity.

Enlarge Image
Mon Mothma: She can nobly sacrifice herself to block a night kill. Instead of the intended target dying, Mon Mothma will die instead. This sacrifice overrides any protection that may be on Mon Mothma. Players will be told of Mon Mothma's sacrifice, and the village will be told who was targeted.

Enlarge Image
Qui-Gon Jinn: Selects someone to protect at night. If that person is selected for a night kill, then the kill is blocked. Qui-Gon and the Imperials will be told that the kill was blocked. Qui-Gon’s identity will not be revealed. The protected person cannot be the target of a lynch the following day. If a lynch is attempted on the protected, it fails and it goes to night. Players will be told the lynch was blocked, Qui-Gon’s identity will be revealed. If an instant kill is attempted on the protected person, it can only be carried out if the person giving the kill order knows the victim’s identity. Otherwise the kill will fail and the players will be informed of the protection. Qui-Gon’s identity will be revealed. Qui-Gon cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

Enlarge Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Obi-Wan can scan a recently deceased player each night. The player would have had to been killed either the day before or the night prior. He will deduce the identity of his target. One time during the game Obi-Wan can give a secret order to the Mod to have a specified player vote for another specified player for a day lynch. The player that is doing the voting must argue and try to pursued others to his side. If he does a good job (as judged by the moderator) and does not give away that he has been force controlled, then he will accomplish a special mission and will receive an in game reward.
Enlarge Image
Citizens: You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You are considered part of the Rebel team for this game.

The Bad Guys – The Empire

Enlarge Image
Darth Vader: During the day Vader has the one time ability to use the force to choke someone to death. The choke will reveal Vader's identity.

Enlarge Image
Count Dooku: He has a presence that cannot be denied. He has the power to influence the masses. His special ability is he “may” put in a second secret vote for a lynch 2 times during the game. This vote is completely independent from his public vote and can be placed even if he doesn’t have a public vote. Just PM the Mod with the secret vote and it will be placed as soon as the Mod receives it. This vote once placed cannot be changed.

Enlarge Image
Boba Fett: Boba may protect one player from a lynch one time in the game. This protection has a 30% chance of revealing his identity. If he is protecting himself, there is a 100% chance of revealing his identity. If the protection is successful, day will immediately turn to night. Boba's PM to the mod on the protection must occur before the final vote. Once the final vote is cast, the lynch will occur.

Enlarge Image
Joruus C'baoth: Insane Jedi Master. He has tentatively aligned himself with the Empire. If his vote is part of a lynch of an Imperial personality or a Jedi, then he will receive a free scan.
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 23 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge

Post by bb2112 »

Players
1. Newcastle
2. El Guapo
3. Remus West
4. Chaosraven
5. Lassr
6. Moliere
7. Archinerd
8. Scoop20906
9. RMC
10. Isgrimnur
11. PLW
12. Punisher
13. Holman
14. Vorret
15. Grundbegriff
16. Unagi
17. Zarathud
18. Tru1cy
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Imperials are considered the "Wolf" contingent for this game. The Rebels are the "Village" contingent.

List of Roles in short format, Day and Night activities, and Time Limits are in this Post.

Rebels
Talon Karrde: Seer.
Mon Mothma: Sacrifice to replace night kill.
Qui-Gon Jinn: Uber Protector.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coroner of prior night or prior day.

Empire
Vader: Force Choke.
Count Dooku: Overvote by 1 vote twice (not on the same day).
Boba Fett: One time protector of a lynch. May be exposed.
Joruus C'baoth: Night scan if a Jedi or Imperial is lynched and he is on the vote.

Turn Order:

Day: All day actions happen first come first served
Boba Fett: Who will you protect from the lynch?
Count Dooku: Will you place a secret vote?
Vader: Who will you choke to death?

Night: Events happen in turn order
Qui-Gon Jinn: Who will you protect from the night kill?
Mon Mothma: Will you sacrifice yourself for the rebel cause?
Imperials: Who will you kill?
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Which recently deceased will you scan for their identity?
Talon Karrde: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
Joruus C'baoth: If you can, who will you scan to discern their identity?

Time Limits:

Day 1 – Will last 2 weeks unless ended sooner by the players. The deadline will be Thursday March 2nd at 9PM Eastern.
Day 2 - Will last a maximum of 9 days. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Day 3 Forward - Number of players = number of days not to exceed 7. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hold
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

HOLD!
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

16? massive game! :mrgreen:

I miss R2D2.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:16? massive game! :mrgreen:

I miss R2D2.
I do too, but I think this a good balance. Besides we get to try some new characters. And the Thud of Zara is joining us to make 17!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Count Dooku: He has a presence that cannot be denied. He has the power to influence the masses. His special ability is he “may” put in a second secret vote for a lynch each day. This vote is completely independent from his public vote and can be placed even if he doesn’t have a public vote. Just PM the Mod with the secret vote and it will be placed as soon as the Mod receives it. This vote can only be used once each day and cannot be changed.

1x per day seems a bit much. Might want to tweak, to maybe two times in the game. Or maybe add a good guy counter (someone who can block an extra vote); then you can have dooku do it every day.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I'm confused by Boba Fett, specifically the timing for the lynch protection. This is in part because I don't know what the official end of the lynch vote is. I'm also nervous that if I"m Boba Fett I'll forget to use my ability in time.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Archinerd wrote:I'm confused by Boba Fett, specifically the timing for the lynch protection. This is in part because I don't know what the official end of the lynch vote is. I'm also nervous that if I"m Boba Fett I'll forget to use my ability in time.
If 7 votes are needed to lynch then you must send your PM to BB before that 7th vote. You can send your protection target anytime after daybreak and before the killing vote. Next question would be can you change your protection if you sent your order in early?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Talon Karrde: good guy, scanner
Mon Mothma: good gal, can voluntarily die to save a colleague from night kill.
Qui-Gon Jinn: good guy, guardian at night, with lynchproofing afterglow. Could be an interesting twist if he inadvertently night-protects (and thereby lynchproofs) a bad guy!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: good guy, coronor.

Darth Vader: bad guy, has self-disclosing Force choke (if intended victim is Quitected, then Vader must know intended victim's role).
Count Dooku: bad guy, overvoter.
Boba Fett: bad guy, can prevent a lynch once.
Joruus C'baoth: bad guy, gets a free scan if he votes against a colleague, Qui-Gon, or Obi-Wan.
bb2112 wrote:The Good Guys – The Rebel Alliance:
Players will be told of Mon Mothma's sacrifice, and the victim of the foiled night kill will be identified to the group.
Do you mean that the identity of the person she displaced -- the intended victim of the evil team -- will be revealed to everyone?

So what's the scenario?

Mothma: "Oh my Force! They're probably going to kill Bubba tonight, and I suspect that Bubba is Talon Karrde, so I'm going to take a dirt nap instead so our scanner won't die!"
Mothma dies.
Moderator: "Hey, everyone! The person who just died was actually Mon Mothma, and I'm telling you that because she wasn't the intended victim. Get this: Bubba was the intended victim! And he's Talon Karrde!"

Good thing she didn't die in vain.
bb2112 wrote: Qui-Gon cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.
Can Qui-Gon protect himself?
bb2112 wrote: The Bad Guys – The Empire
Boba can also protect one player at night, but cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.
Is this a typo or a confusion with Qui-Gon? Whom would Boba protect at night? Are any of his evil colleagues threatened at night? Can't all evils "protect" someone at night just by declining to kill that person?
bb2112 wrote: Joruus C'baoth: Insane Jedi Master. He has tentatively aligned himself with the Empire. If his vote is part of a lynch of an Imperial personality or a Jedi, then he will receive a free scan.
Is Joruus's scan the only way Darth Vader can "know" the id of someone he contemplates night-choking? More generally, do the bad guys have a forum?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Players will be told of Mon Mothma's sacrifice, and the victim of the foiled night kill will be identified to the group.
Do you mean that the identity of the person she displaced -- the intended victim of the evil team -- will be revealed to everyone?

So what's the scenario?

Mothma: "Oh my Force! They're probably going to kill Bubba tonight, and I suspect that Bubba is Talon Karrde, so I'm going to take a dirt nap instead so our scanner won't die!"
Mothma dies.
Moderator: "Hey, everyone! The person who just died was actually Mon Mothma, and I'm telling you that because she wasn't the intended victim. Get this: Bubba was the intended victim! And he's Talon Karrde!"

Is there a suggestion in there or just mocking? I can't tell. Yes, MM can potentially save TK for one night with her sacrifice. I think it is an interesting dynamic that can be used for more than just saving TK. It gives a scan, and/or it can save Qui-Gon if he can't protect himself one night. In the right circumstances it can be hugely powerful, or it can be almost meaningless.
bb2112 wrote: Qui-Gon cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.
Grundbegriff wrote: Can Qui-Gon protect himself?
Yes
bb2112 wrote: The Bad Guys – The Empire
Boba can also protect one player at night, but cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.
Grundbegriff wrote: Is this a typo or a confusion with Qui-Gon? Whom would Boba protect at night? Are any of his evil colleagues threatened at night? Can't all evils "protect" someone at night just by declining to kill that person?
Fixed. It was leftover text I forgot to remove if the Imperials found themselves on team good guy. Thanks for catching.
bb2112 wrote: Joruus C'baoth: Insane Jedi Master. He has tentatively aligned himself with the Empire. If his vote is part of a lynch of an Imperial personality or a Jedi, then he will receive a free scan.
Grundbegriff wrote: Is Joruus's scan the only way Darth Vader can "know" the id of someone he contemplates night-choking? More generally, do the bad guys have a forum?
Joruus's scan is the only way. I adjusted it to read during the day Vader can Force Choke. And, yes, the bad guys will have a forum.

Good questions. Thanks!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
Archinerd wrote:I'm confused by Boba Fett, specifically the timing for the lynch protection. This is in part because I don't know what the official end of the lynch vote is. I'm also nervous that if I"m Boba Fett I'll forget to use my ability in time.
If 7 votes are needed to lynch then you must send your PM to BB before that 7th vote. You can send your protection target anytime after daybreak and before the killing vote. Next question would be can you change your protection if you sent your order in early?
As noted above, I removed Boba's night ability as it is useless in this scenario. You have the rules correct. And, yes, Boba can change his protection target as long as it is before the killing vote.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:Count Dooku: He has a presence that cannot be denied. He has the power to influence the masses. His special ability is he “may” put in a second secret vote for a lynch each day. This vote is completely independent from his public vote and can be placed even if he doesn’t have a public vote. Just PM the Mod with the secret vote and it will be placed as soon as the Mod receives it. This vote can only be used once each day and cannot be changed.

1x per day seems a bit much. Might want to tweak, to maybe two times in the game. Or maybe add a good guy counter (someone who can block an extra vote); then you can have dooku do it every day.
Changed to twice a day. I think it is a very interesting dynamic especially with you and Scoop in the same game. :twisted:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Count Dooku: He has a presence that cannot be denied. He has the power to influence the masses. His special ability is he “may” put in a second secret vote for a lynch each day. This vote is completely independent from his public vote and can be placed even if he doesn’t have a public vote. Just PM the Mod with the secret vote and it will be placed as soon as the Mod receives it. This vote can only be used once each day and cannot be changed.

Changed to twice a day. I think it is a very interesting dynamic especially with you and Scoop in the same game. :twisted:
Typo?

edit : Yeah, carry on :pop:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:

*Twice during the game* Doh!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I feel like picking as a leader someone whose special ability is getting themselves killed was a poor strategic choice by the Rebellion.
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I call dibs on Darth Vader. He's so cool.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Who's the french Canadian equivalent in Star Wars?
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Archinerd wrote:I call dibs on Darth Vader. He's so cool.
Easy to identify, though, on account of him being the only person around who is a giant jet black cyborg with a funny breathing apparatus.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So question on Jorruus, i take it he is already hooked up with the rest of the empire players? Not like a sorceror where he's flying solo?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:So question on Jorruus, i take it he is already hooked up with the rest of the empire players? Not like a sorceror where he's flying solo?
I was thinking about having him separate, but then I thought I would just keep it simple and make him part of the team. In a future game I might do that though.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

El Guapo wrote:
Archinerd wrote:I call dibs on Darth Vader. He's so cool.
Easy to identify, though, on account of him being the only person around who is a giant jet black cyborg with a funny breathing apparatus.
True, but you would want to keep me around because I'm so awesome.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

So what's the scenario?

Mothma dies.

Is there a suggestion in there or just mocking? I can't tell.
Just a wee bit o' drama to illustrate Mon Mothma's limits. Didn't mean to offend.

To use her power salvifically (rather than merely self-confirmingly), she would have to
(a) know (or correctly guess) the identity of X, and
(b) know (or correctly guess) that the villains will target X on night Y, and
(c) exercise her power on night Y, and
(d) not care that the identity of X will be divulged to all on the day after Y.

This conjunction is so unlikely that she is, in effect, a nearly powerless but nearly unspoofable special (provable only by dying, which a good would be willing to do an an evil would usually not).

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
bb2112 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Is Joruus's scan the only way Darth Vader can "know" the id of someone he contemplates night-choking? More generally, do the bad guys have a forum?
Joruus's scan is the only way. I adjusted it to read during the day Vader can Force Choke. And, yes, the bad guys will have a forum.
So now Vader's choke is only by day, and if Vader attempts to choke the person Qui-Gon most recently night-protected, the choke will fail unless Joruus has previously scanned (and thus Vader knows) that target. Is that right?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think most of Mon Mothma's value is in the ability to give an exposed scanner (Talon Karrde) another day. I could see how it could give the wolves some difficulty in dealing with an exposed protector as well - they have to guess correctly whether the protector can self-protect that night, plus deal with the possibility that Mon Mothma will thwart them as well.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Obi-Wan can scan a recently deceased player each night. The player would have had to been killed either the day before or during the current night. He will deduce the identity of his target.
How, on a given night, does Obi-Wan guess the current night's killed-player?

I kinda like the Mon Mothma power in that; at a pivotal moment the wolves dinner becomes a 'trusted' the next day - that could help a seer that is being contested, etc.
She is sacrificial - but creates a trusted.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:Moderator: "Hey, everyone! The person who just died was actually Mon Mothma, and I'm telling you that because she wasn't the intended victim. Get this: Bubba was the intended victim! And he's Talon Karrde!"
I don't think the moderator would report that he Is Talon Karrde... just that Bubba was targeted. (and hence not a wolf)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Moderator: "Hey, everyone! The person who just died was actually Mon Mothma, and I'm telling you that because she wasn't the intended victim. Get this: Bubba was the intended victim! And he's Talon Karrde!"
I don't think the moderator would report that he Is Talon Karrde... just that Bubba was targeted. (and hence not a wolf)
If so, that would help. The phrase "and the victim of the foiled night kill will be identified to the group" is ambiguous!
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

So when does the finger pointing start?
and IIRC from the previous thread, we lynch newcastle first right?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Punisher wrote:So when does the finger pointing start?
Correct. Practice once with me :  Newcastle 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:

Ok, I think I got this.

Morliere 

How did I do?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

hope there is this much action when the game actually starts...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Did someone said Darth Bieber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

In
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

El Guapo wrote:
Moliere wrote:

Ok, I think I got this.

Morliere 

How did I do?
FORCE CHOKE  El Guapo 

!!!
Does his vote for the lynch still count?

Oh, and I know that it would reveal me as Vader, but should I have PM'd that to you instead?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

any timeline on this starting?

Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Lassr wrote:any timeline on this starting?
Thursday was mentioned in the other thread.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:any timeline on this starting?
Yes, a couple of people asked me to wait until Thursday. I will probably send out roles tonight and we will start in a day cycle so it wont matter too much if we start a little early.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:I feel like picking as a leader someone whose special ability is getting themselves killed was a poor strategic choice by the Rebellion.
We must all be prepared to make sacrifices.