[AMC] Into the Badlands

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

[AMC] Into the Badlands

Post by LordMortis »

I looked. I didn't see a thread on this.

I think I may give this a try

http://www.indiewire.com/article/watch- ... h-20151102
Grifman

Re: [AMC] Into the Badlands

Post by Grifman »

Hope it was better than the first try:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181795/?re ... lmg_act_10

I have trouble accepting these fictional worlds. Banning guns? I can see the top dogs trying to keep others from having them, but if I'm at the top, why am I going to give them up? Doesn't make any sense? And if you do give them up, then your armies are going to be clad in armor and there will be ranged weapons such bows and crossbows. I guess I just don't get the whole fantastical sword/martial arts thing. Just not grounded enough in reality for me.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grifman wrote:Hope it was better than the first try:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181795/?re ... lmg_act_10

I have trouble accepting these fictional worlds. Banning guns? I can see the top dogs trying to keep others from having them, but if I'm at the top, why am I going to give them up? Doesn't make any sense? And if you do give them up, then your armies are going to be clad in armor and there will be ranged weapons such bows and crossbows. I guess I just don't get the whole fantastical sword/martial arts thing. Just not grounded enough in reality for me.
As long as they ask me to turn my brain off at the door, I can be good if you entertain me. It's only when you invite me to say "this could really happen" that I can't get out of my head.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I'm intrigued. If only because I've seen the trailers/commercials so many times. I do like the martial arts aspect and I think I can be okay with the premise of banning guns.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I'm in as well. Looks different than anything else AMC has offered so hopefully they continue to deliver the quality I've come to enjoy.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Odin

Post by Odin »

I'm fully on board for this. I hope it's as good as the previews make it look.
mori

Post by mori »

Not interested. Wire-fu and a stupid premise does not make a show to watch.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Just watched the opening scene of the first episode on Netflix and damn this looks good. Better than that Iron Fist nonsense.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I thought it was really good. My wife even got into it.
First episode of season 2 was last night.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was surprised to see that a second season started. I honestly thought this was cancelled. Seems like a long time for a second season to show up. :?
Covfefe!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

almost exactly a year apart. The Strain is once a year also and I assume Preacher will be cranking up after Into the Badlands.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hmmm...I guess it just seemed longer to me. I could have sworn it was closer to 2 years.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It first aired in November of 2015, ended in December of the same year. The reason it likely feels longer than ~16 months is that the first season was only 6 episodes. I guess it went over well because this season is 10 episodes. Regardless, I really enjoyed it but haven't seen the new episode yet. There's nothing quite like it on TV at the moment, so it fills a nice void.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Just finished Season 1 last week.

Perfect timing. :D

Awesome show!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Smoove_B wrote:It first aired in November of 2015, ended in December of the same year. The reason it likely feels longer than ~16 months is that the first season was only 6 episodes. I guess it went over well because this season is 10 episodes. Regardless, I really enjoyed it but haven't seen the new episode yet. There's nothing quite like it on TV at the moment, so it fills a nice void.
huh, I knew it aired toward the end of Walking Dead's season, didn't realize it was part 1 of last season. SO it was longer than a year...

Black Lives Matter
wire

Post by wire »

Finished up season 1 on Netflix yesterday and watched the new season 2 episode. I enjoy the setting, the cinematography and the fight choreography is top notch and beautiful to watch. I enjoy most of the characters but find MK to be a bit annoying. Really look forward to seeing how Nick Frost's character develops.

I also just caught up with Legion. Holy crap is all I can say. Season finale next week and then who knows how long for season 2. AMC is producing some great content...just wish the shows had more than 6-8 episodes but then I'll take this level of quality over quantity if I have to.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Season 2 ep1 was enjoyable, but that last scene really threw me for a loop.

I was like, this can't be right. WTF?
wire

Post by wire »

Season 2 seems to be going a bit slower than season 1. All of the major characters are separate from each other and I'm guessing it will take the entire season to get them back in the general vicinity again. The only arc at the moment that I like is Sunny and Bajie, MK is still annoying, and still not sure what to make of the Veil and her arc.
Rip

Post by Rip »

That fight with Sunny chained to the fat guy was awesome.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Rip wrote:That fight with Sunny chained to the fat guy was awesome.
This last episode was just ridiculously insane at the end with the fight in Santa's Wonderland and the fat guy...who would have thought...? I was laughing with glee when he showed up! Make him the Iron Fist!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was kind of disappointed in that plot twist. It seemed almost like a last minute decision by the writers. Even a slight indication that he was more than just a petty crook would have helped. But even when on his own, he acted the part of the sniveling coward.

Still, I'm lovin' the show. The actor who plays Quinn is absolutely, hands down the best thing. He just chews up the scenery whenever he shows up.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:I was kind of disappointed in that plot twist. It seemed almost like a last minute decision by the writers. Even a slight indication that he was more than just a petty crook would have helped. But even when on his own, he acted the part of the sniveling coward.

Still, I'm lovin' the show. The actor who plays Quinn is absolutely, hands down the best thing. He just chews up the scenery whenever he shows up.
I didn't mind the twist because I enjoyed the absurdity of the whole thing and look forward to Sunny's take on it. I also like the actor so I look forward to how he'll interact with the folks in the abbey. That wired magazine was an interesting find. Had a plug for Bioshock on the cover I thought.

I'm loving Quinn too and glad his character was durable enough to survive the events of season 1.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
wire

Post by wire »

Season 2 has wrapped and it has been renewed for a third season, which will have more episodes. It was a fun ride and having Nick Frost on board gave it some comic relief and another badass to be paired with Sunny. Looking forward to season 3.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You know you're in trouble when Nick Frost makes your show's namesake seem like a complete wimp...Iron Fist.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:You know you're in trouble when Nick Frost makes your show's namesake seem like a complete wimp...Iron Fist.
BAJIE!!! :(
Spoiler:
But if the series is loosely based on Journey to the West then I have hope that we will see him again!
The Sunny/Bajie vs everyone fight near the end was quite awesome. I hope the Iron Fist people were taking notes.
Black lives matter!

Rip

Post by Rip »

Fool me once, shame on me.

Fool me twice and kill my wife.....

What kind of Clipper doesn't make SURE his nemesis is dead?
wire

Post by wire »

Daniel Wu (Sunny) confirmed that Nick Frost will be back next season.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

wire wrote:Daniel Wu (Sunny) confirmed that Nick Frost will be back next season.
BAJIE! :dance:
Black lives matter!

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rip wrote:Fool me once, shame on me.

Fool me twice and kill my wife.....

What kind of Clipper doesn't make SURE his nemesis is dead?
I finally got caught up today.

I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, Sunny "killed" one guy 400 times.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Season 2 is now on Netflix. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's good news - season 3 must be right around the corner:
Season 3 premieres Sunday, April 22 at 10/9c on AMC
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Catching up with the first episode of the season. Seems to have a Lone Wolf and Cub theme going. Also, my favorite big guy is back!
Black lives matter!

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Not sure if others are still watching, but this season has been great so far (I'm a few episodes behind). The fight scenes feel even better than last season - really amazing choreography. Still enjoy the hell out of the show.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

When Iron Fist season 2 premieres, I'm just going to rewatch Into the Badlands and pretend it's Iron Fist season 2.

It still feels a bit convoluted and sometimes I believe they're just making crap up on the fly, but I don't really care when I'm getting scenes of Nick Frost doing back flips and folks with black eyes mowing through armies left and right.

It's just fun. Something most shows forget about.
Covfefe!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Season 3 is now on Netflix. :pop:
raydude

Post by raydude »

My wife and I are just getting started on this series, having missed it until now. We're on Season 1, episode 4 and loving it!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

raydude wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:11 am My wife and I are just getting started on this series, having missed it until now. We're on Season 1, episode 4 and loving it!
As the seasons go on all sorts of interesting characters and crazy circumstances are added but you just roll with it because the setting,fight choreography, and the characters are really fun to watch. Sad that the show is ending but I think there’s going to be closure when the series is finished.
Black lives matter!

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

These last few episodes have been insane! Still amazed at the fight choreography - it feels like they dialed it up a notch this final season. Only two episodes left!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I will miss the stylish post-apocalyptic fashion statement that is Into The Badlands. Bowler hats and swords doesn’t get old.

Also, The Widow knows how to make an exit. The show is like Cirque du Soeil! With swords, arrows and death!
Black lives matter!