Homefront: The Revolution

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Homefront: The Revolution

Post by Daehawk »

Its an overclocked GTX 770 and its at 2560x1080.

I turned a bunch of other stuff down to test and it did not help. I looked online and thats a main complaint from others on the floaty feeling. People talk of them fixing that and releasing a performance enhancement pack or some patch. But the game has been out a while so Im pretty sure they wont.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Daehawk wrote:Its an overclocked GTX 770 and its at 2560x1080.
Hmm. Yeah, that res should be fine with that card. I think. Wait. That's ultra-wide. Have you tried bumping it down to 1920 x 1080 as an experiment? Any idea what framerates you are getting?
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not tried but will. Not sure on the frame rates but think they are ok. It seems to be floaty yet frame rates are ok I think. Will have to figure out how to check that.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Floaty controls are usually when mouse smoothing is enabled, no? Check here.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks man. Adding those two lines to the system file in the game dir seems to have worked pretty well at fixing it . I went ahead and dropped it to 1920x1080 anyways to see if that will help even more.

My only trouble now is it is not saving my progress. Ive played some areas three times...found a safe house...cleared another area...and when I quit and reload Im right back at the start in the tunnels before Ive done anything. I thought it is supposed to auto save at safe houses. Also it says I can fast travel to ones Ive found but I cant do that either. Kinda tired of doing stuff and it starting me right over. Wish games would just allow quick saves like normal.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

The safehouse save scheme was weird as I remember. It didn't work until you got to a certain campaign mission in the first place, and after that I always made sure to stop at the gun locker to reliably trigger that little save icon flash on the screen. I had the same sort of problem as you at the beginning of the game.

Also don't bother trying to find the early game tunnels between zones. They also aren't usable until you get to certain points in the campaign. I think the one in the middle of the first red zone where you started doesn't open until about 1/2 way through the game!

Just to clarify, it does all start to work eventually, but they went really hard on the console-style: "if you start this game be prepared to play it for 3 hours non-stop until we're done with cutscenes and tutorials - because you CAN'T SAVE! Mwahahahahahaaaaaa!"
There is no hug button. Sad!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm in 3:10 to Ashgate mission.

I am confused on what I needed to do to get to the 3-story parking garage east of the starting safehouse. Specifically, I can get in, and I even jumped a bike onto it to power the generator in order to open the door to 3rd floor. However, there's a section of 3rd floor I can't get access to. There's an external walkway, but it seems I need to jump a bike even HIGHER to reach it, then clip two locks from the OTHER side to reach it via the walkway. WTF? I tried but the ground's too rough to make a high speed run. You can't shoot the locks off. So how the heck do I get into that building?

OTOH, I seem to have no problem taking over those wells/fortresses pretty much alone. The first one I blew off the side vent then get in and slowly killed everyone. I did bring another fighter, but that didn't do too much. Second one (northeast corner) I just jumped the walkway fence after jumping on top of another building and got in that way, and slowly killed everyone with SMG and sniper rifle.

I tried heading into the subway for the gas pocket thing, but it seems it's patroled by drones AND Scarab minitanks. WTF? How do you kill one of those?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Regarding the Ashgate mission, I don't remember it, but here's a video from IGN and their guide. Hope that helps!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Their guide doesn't discuss every building, just the primary missions.

EDIT: Gamepressure guide does cover that building.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/homefron ... 379#NH4_10

And it appears I *do* have to shoot those locks. Interesting!

EDIT2: Alright, got it. Got another transmitter, got the garage back, I'm at 98% hearts and minds. I guess I'll go do the primary mission now, but there are only 3 strike points left (and I settled three flashpoints, killed snipers and took out two stash sieges.

The underground one was kinda tough, as there are patrols, a Scarab minitank roaming, and some hoverdrones. And if you get discovered, you get rushed by the Norks. So here's what happened... got the entrance, then entered slowly, found a vantage point to shoot two of the vents to ignite the gas w/o getting discovered. Then carefully, ran and went around the outside and found an area to shoot the last two vents. Avoid the Scarab.

Now, you have to make it back to the room with the turn valve, which is where you got in. Just run for it. Once you turned the valve, you win, even if there's a roomful of norks.

I changed my shotgun to assault rifle, now upgraded to LMG. The other weapon I keep was the battle rifle, upgraded to marksman rifle.

Guess I'll go hack that train now. :)\
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Do you loot all the dead people? Seems a time waster that increases as you go along.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote:Do you loot all the dead people? Seems a time waster that increases as you go along.
$$$$, and ammo if you don't want to run all the way back for the arms locker (which gives refills too)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ah ok then. Sounds worth it :) Thanks.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The loot is highly dependent on your current loadout. If you're using the Assault rifle / LMG you loot a lot of that from dead soldiers. If you use SMG a lot you loot those bullets.

Most embarrassing death ever: I got to the "taxi stand" in Holloway Red (southwest garage) and I figured out I need to get a motorcycle onto the generator. I got it on, but I apparently bounced off and fell off, as the next thing I know I'm "critically injured". Yep, I killed myself on the generator roller thingie.

I had no problem at all blowing up or shooting the norks, and I'm discovering more innovative ways to do it.

Those "vents" that puffs out periodically green gasses? And always seems to have some norks around it, probably a hoverdrone? Try shooting vent stream from a distance. The whole stream goes KABOOM like a bomb. Toasted norks. You can use a molotov too, but why?

Closest flashpoint capture: I went alone into the subway in Holloway Red, center of the map, clean out 4-5 nodes of gas, then turn off the valve. Except the underground was patrolled by a Scarab minitank and hoverdrones. I managed to detonate all 5 nodes, and I was almost back to the valve and I needed to leap fence when a hoverdrone caught sight of me, and a nork QRF is closing in. At first I thought I can take them, and I already killed two, but then it hit me... As soon as I close the valve, I've won. So as the rest of them got to my room I turned the valve, and with like 2-3 norks behind me... and voila! Couple seconds later, the place is a resistance stronghold.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

All right... Got EVERY part of Holloway, all 13 sections. I'm almost ready to tackle the maintenance station.

The pneumatic pistol is nice, but often requires multiple bolts to kill, unless you have time to charge it up, then it starts to shake. The crossbow is still a better silent kill weapon overall, but when you need different weapons (I usually take one combat gun and one sniper rifle) the pneumatic pistol is fine as a silent kill weapon.

BTW, you can pin a corpse to a wall with the the crossbow. Did that with a sniper. Snuck up behind him and poof.

Found how to destroy the scarab. There are a LOT of environmental clues. There was a poster in one of my hideouts (I think it's Scanner B, the east-southeast one) that shows you where the vulnerabilities are. Scarab has an armor plate that covers up the fuel cell, but armor piercing bullets like the sniper rifle can get through, no problem. Else try to aim for the gap (which can be problematic. )

Or just throw a hack at it and let them kill their own people.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I really am going to have to give this game another run through this summer.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Made it onto the train and onto Ashgate Yellow. Things are tougher, as there are far more patrols and cameras. Actually got raided in one of my safehouses, but that's because I got too blatant... I started shooting at a Nork patrol just to see how many casualties I can rack up. I forgot that the norks can reach me at my top floor now once I turned it into a safehouse. Hah, had to do the staircase ambush with my penumatic pistol. Killed like 8 of them. Unfortunately, if you kill someone in yellow, norks will send another patrol to look for them, unless you vacate the area.

Seeker brain wasn't that hard, strangely. I was trying to get into the transmitter site and I missed a window and was hanging around on the outside scaffords. Turns out that drones have very fixed patrol routes, and being at a 2nd story is great for shooting "down" at drones, which only scans downward. Found a spot and ambushed a 2nd drone. Wait for everybody to leave, and voila, 2 brains. Third one was a bit hectic as I had to kill an armored car and a drone, and wait for things to blow over.

Time to run over to Crawford's place and see who he wants me to kill.

EDIT: Nailed Sunderland and got his evidence. The guards don't do anything, and I killed him without anyone seeing his body.

There was a WTF moment when I got out of Crawford's apartment there's a Scarab right in front of me... WTF?! then I made a run for it. Fortunately I was able to get away and cooldown ensued, then I get into the safehouse. I hit enough strike points that I already got hearts and minds to 100%. Guess I won't get credit for the jobs. now. :)

Now it's time to raid something, then the police station. Probably drone control and propaganda station.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The game gives you hint on how to do certain things. :) That should give you a lot of ideas on how to accomplish certain missions with the RC cars...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =897504456
Spoiler:
On "destroy depot" missions, do it without ever getting inside by sending in explosive or incendiary.

Or perhaps you send in RC car hack tool to a control panel to open the door

Or you send in a RC distraction while you sneak in from another side of the base...
EDIT: Got into the shipyard got my stuff, got out, got the Goliath... Then the problem is I was using ammo way too fast. I even paid for the upgrade to carry like 400 rounds in my LMG, and I spent it just like that. Darn it. Then I'm down to hand to hand with the norks, and I had no bullets left to take out RPG guys. WTF. I thought I'd bring my own RPG, but again, I seem to have overestimated the vehicle threat.

Wonder if the game would give me a break so I run around and salvage some ammo? And how do I spot the RPG wielding guys while I was busy killing those close by? What a mess.

EDIT: Turns out there's an ammo box near me that I forgot. And I was supposed to shoot the RPG guys (with a cross hair icon) and leave the rest to the Goliath. 100 rounds were just enough, barely.

Working my way through Lombard red zone. Already got the Eastern third. It was fun shooting gas tanks on the back of chemical soldiers.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Got all of the Lombard Red Zone except the train yard.

The strongholds aren't really that hard. It's mainly about patience and finding the right access point.

* Look for adjacent buildings. Often you can access an adjacent building then jump over the railing / balcony to get on the raised walkways.
* If the stronghold is completely standalone, you need to make an entrance.

* You can RC car hack the door controls by sneaking in the RC car via one of the tiny vents along the bottom. This is probably better if you bring in a lot of help, 3-4 resistance fighters to help you clean out the place. Preferably though you should recon the place first with your camera and tag everybody you can see.

* Or you can blow off the vent on the side of the building. Usually it's better to use a remote bomb as you can leave the area, THEN detonate. Once the furor died down, get in, then it's a matter of preferences if you prefer stealth or firepower.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Choices, choices. Explain your choices of weapons:

For silent work, do you prefer 1) crossbow 2) pistol w/ supressor 3) pneumatic pistol 4) SMG w/ suppressor?

For close range work, do you prefer 1) shotgun / autoshotgun 2) blunderbuss (from crossbow) or 3) flamethrower?

For medium distance, do you prefer 1) assault rifle or 2) LMG?

For long distance, do you prefer 1) battle rifle or 2) sniper rifle?

For anti-armor, do you prefer 1) rocket launcher 2) limpet mine 3) liberty launcher 4) pipebomb and whatever else you got?

My Answers:

Silent: crossbow for longer range, pneumatic pistol for close range, regular pistol if there's nothing else

Close range: shotgun of course. but hardly required.

Medium range: LMG is quite good even at longer ranges if you got the right scope on it.

Long distance: usually battle rifle is enough except extreme range kills, depends on which scope you use.

Anti-armor: still debatable. RPG in native form is fine, it takes up one of your weapon slots (and you only have two other than the pistol/variation)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im getting better as I learn and get used the strange feeling controls. Ive liberated 3/4 of the first area now.

I think Ive seen 2 bugs just now though.

1. I was riding a motorbike and got off. When I picked it up it was glowing like I could use it but no icon ever came up and I could never use it .

2. I found a quest where I needed radio parts to repair a place before I could take it over and got a quest pop up nearby where they called for help to secure those parts. Well I died there and when I revived its gone. I cant secure the place. I can go back there and it still says I need the radio parts but the place where they were is gone and not on the map and no one calling for help. Not sure what to do.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The motorcycles in this game are weird. Sometimes, you can get them stuck on things and they become unusable. And they disappear without warning (there are probably invisible zones that "resets" once you walked far enough away)

As for that mission, is that Elmtree Red Zone? Don't recall a mission about repairing radios though. Maybe you mean the one where you need to be on the beach to search for 3 "packages"?

The flashpoints, AFAIK, are NOT related to the primary missions or strikepoint missions. I usually ignore flashpoints unless I can get there quickly and start eliminating the threat. Sometimes, you have to let your allies down. Heck, I don't mess with flashpoints unless I have taken over like 50% of the zone which means there are far less patrols roaming about and more allies to help you peel off any pursuers should you need to make a run for it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya found that beach place. That may be it.

Ive ran into patrols in total blue areas. Strangely I always come across them at gas vents so one shot takes all 3 or 4 of them out plus their little flying bot.

I die quick. I need to spend that cash Im saving on armor pieces like pads and gloves and such i think.

Ive got to where I just run in and grab the item it wants me to click and the area is instantly mine. Its a bit strange.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The only armor was that 5000 vest. Everything else does NOT add armor, but rather, crouch speed, movement speed, silent, camo, reload speed, and so on.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The game makes me want to go back to an old sector and really clean it up rather than just leaving it half done.

I now have most of Lombard Red Zone. In fact, destroying the 5 Duster sites are so ridiculously easy, only the first site was even defended. The third one had a Wolverine on it but I didn't even have a chance to shoot it when my 4 companions destroyed it. I'd imagine they planned for you to attack them when the zone's still contested. Hahahahaha. Most of the problem was wait for the tank to keep up.

And I already got hearts and minds up to 100%. Almost got stuck when an airship spotted me.

Just for giggles, throw one of those distraction devices when the norks get close to you. They dance as if in a Western when shots are fired at their feet.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont think Ive survived once after that zeppelin sticks that red light on me.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Oh, you just need to run really really fast. Hold sprint (left shift) and just keep running toward a homebase, and TURN. Once you get out from under the light, find a place to hole up, as high up as you can, but still under a roof.

If the norks still followed you, do the staircase ambush (shoot them as they come up the stairs) then once you got most of them, run out the back, and jump off 2-stories if you need to. Use remote distraction if you wish, then run in the other direction.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got to the 2nd area. Cleared some guards and freed some people. See a dumpster I can click. So thinking Id loot it I click and I hide in it instead. It says 'push mouse 3 to exit'...ya that no worky. So stuck in garbage...no save...quit for now. Buggy buggy buggy.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Huh, I didn't find that many bugs, but I was using a controller on the PC and maybe that helps. Also I didn't go 100% on every area. I did find a mission that was flat out uncompletable but this was the exception. Sad to hear that you aren't able to enjoy it as much :cry:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Aw I have my fun with it. Just the bugs I find are game stopping in nature. I set it aside and return later when it happens.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Daehawk wrote:Got to the 2nd area. Cleared some guards and freed some people. See a dumpster I can click. So thinking Id loot it I click and I hide in it instead. It says 'push mouse 3 to exit'...ya that no worky. So stuck in garbage...no save...quit for now. Buggy buggy buggy.
Not exactly a bug, just a control mapping oversight. Press E to escape the dumpsters.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Will give that a go next time. I should start back in the last safehouse when I fire it up again..which may be a few days.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Okay, got most of Forbidden zone conquered, even the police station. Got 100% hearts and mind, and got Mickey the 4th guy. This is like almost to the final mission. So I'm taking a break.

Proper way to escape from the airship tracker...

You can't outrun it, so you have to outsmart it.

1) Find a building and run inside, any floor, but at least a few blocks from the enemy. This is to "break contact".

2) (Optional) Leave a present (prox explosive or incendiary) at the entrance you came through. (optional)

3) Wait a few seconds for the airship to leave, then run for a DIFFERENT building, out of sight of any norks approaching. Preferably 2nd floor as the seekers generally don't fly that high. Again, stay under a roof.

Now watch the norks search for you to no avail. Congratulations, you've escaped from the airship.

Random observations:

You can takedown (insta-kill) the regular guys via melee, but you can't do it to the heavies. However, you can shoot them in the back. Those energy packs kill them instantly. otherwise, you'll have to go for a headshot through the eye shield.

You can definitely destroy the cameras. Use a silenced weapon, but there will be some norks coming by to check it, so once you do, make yourself scarce.

Some of the puzzles in old town red zone are ... devilishly hard, as you can't see an access through some parts. The part about "gather medical supplies"? Who the **** put supplies on collapsing boxes so it's dropped 2 stories onto the ground once I shoot the boxes? Sheesh.

There's a memorable one in forbidden zone as well. There's one that I don't see a way across. I see a bridge, but there's no hint on how to drop it. So I try shooting at it, and it turns out the wood holding the bridge in place is shootable / destructible, the kind with "yellow paint" in the game used to block windows and such to hide things.

There's also a jumping puzzle in Marian Hotel, where I was supposed to figure out a way to move the "isolation boxes" so it can help me climb through a hole. The Gamepressure walkthru just ways "throw a hack at the panel, then hit "2" button to bring down box 2. It can help you get up. What it didn't say was you need to bring down number 2, but also raise number 1, so you jump onto 2, jump toward 1, climb on top, then you can jump through the hole.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im still using the unmodified smg it gave me at the start and a shotgun. I bought the airpistol but I cant equip it yet. Just started area 2. The SMG is useless right now as it kicks too much.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Put foregrip and the suppressor on it is supposed to reduce the kick. You also have to learn to only fire short bursts. SMG is a close range weapon. As the old joke goes, don't shoot until you see the white of their eyes. In most cases, it's better to go AROUND them than through them. You can also use add the laser as a quick aim guide.

And what do you mean you can't equip it yet? It's a variant of the pistol, just like the SMG. Assuming keyboard, hit X and hit 4 to convert your SMG into pneumatic.

I use the pneumatic pistol in 3-round bursts, you know, quick tap-tap-tap. Whereas one shot from crossbow will kill any one regular, one shot from pneumatic may not. So 3 shots eliminate that problem. But you'd have to be close. Really close.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ahh didn't know I needed to take apart the SMG for the pneumatic.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Fired the Liberty Launcher (2nd variant of the battle rifle) and it's a hoot. You actually shoot fireworks (mixed with explosive), and it's red white and blue. :D No range (can't engage long distance target with it) but it will kill norks dead at close and medium ranges if you have time to aim it a little (shoot it at their feet)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished the single player campaign. Didn't take over everything, but hey 53/69 strike points aren't bad. And I got 8/11 strongholds. Should do a couple more jobs, of course (only did 4 overall)

"Good Deeds" missions in Yellow zones aren't that hard if you got a crossbow and can be careful. Use crossbow to snipe at guards with prisoners, or assassinate officers. You can also hide on a walkway and throw a molotov or bomb onto the armored car.

Taking over a stronghold requires persistence and careful planning. Usually, you blow up a vent or manage to jump in from an adjacent building's balcony / walkway. Walkway is better, as you only have to deal with the forces inside the compound rather than reinforcements pouring in from the outside as well. If you do go in via a vent, leave some prox bombs as booby traps as you get inside the base. Then it's a matter of slowly get upstairs, and kill everyone you see. Stairs and catwalks are MUCH better for you tactically because it limits the way they can come at you, and gives you much better cover from all other directions. And if you crouch, you are almost fully covered. Then it's up to you if you want stealth or balls. You can always just start blasting all that come at you until you kill everybody, then go for the capture point.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished HomeFront the Revolution: Voice of Freedom DLC. It was short, but it was exciting. You're playing as Walker, the voice of the resistance himself, in a prequel chapter to the opening, where you're trying to fight your way INTO Philly and you ran into a gang known as Nine-Oh (as they're based in 90th Street Subway Station) barring your way. I can see why they cut this from the game intro as it's pretty easy-peasy stuff as they don't want you to switch to Brody later. And it's short. I finished it in an hour, I think.

And it's pretty funny how I did it too. I snuck around, backstabbed everybody on the upper platforms, gather enough material to make 4 explosives, and I configed them into remote triggered version. The railcar with HMG was nasty, but it had horrible visibility, and it's no danger to me as I'm above it. I waited for it to come close to a roof I can jump onto, then when it came over, I calmly tossed 4 remote bombs onto it. Then I climbed back up, found a good defensive point, and calmly hit "detonate". KABOOM! Then it's time to grab a motorcycle and do the "Great Escape" as I jump through ramps and through subway cars trying to make it through the exit before the tunnel collapses.

NOTE: There's an achievement here about setting 5 bandits on fire. Just had a thought on how. When I blew up the railcar w/ HMG there's like 5-6 guards down there. I could have thrown a distraction, then when they are all gathered around it, I could throw a molotov into their midst. Hmmm... It's okay, didn't have to do it.

THEN I get to shoot my way through a Nork checkpoint into Philly. How fun.

Tomorrow, the next chapter...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Quick Walkthru of Voice of Freedom DLC in space folks need it
Spoiler:
Watch the cutscene.

When you regain control, duck down and start engaging the gang members. There's like five of them. Slow deliberate shots. You don't have a lot of ammo. Go ahead and loot the bodies if you like. Wouldn't hurt.

Follow the girl through the different zones, pausing as she orders. Kill if you wish (probably have to, the Nork around the seeker).

Get to the subway, follow her down, then advance to find Vance.

You'll come to a chained door. You need to find a bolt cutter. Vance said "check upstairs". Jump over the railing and get there, run to the other side of the platform by going overhead, and you'll spot the bolt cutter. Grab it, cut a chain locking the subway car to rejoin Vance.

Cut the chains and enter that door that was locked, and advance. you'll come to a fork, he went right, you went left.

When you see a gap in the chain link fence to your left, go through there, pass through the subway cars, and you'll find the fighting cage, and the pneumatic pistol. Grab it. Having silent shots makes the subsequent parts quite a bit easier.

Rejoin the main line, advance slowly, keep looking for a place you can jump over on your left.

You'll come to a near dead-end. Jump onto the subway car with red light, and climb on top of it, and it'll lead you to the first enemies. You can probably kill like two of them easily. There's two at the armored car, probably leave them. Can't kill both of them together. You can kill the one next to the forklift with the pneumatic and the one in the subway car with regular takedown. The roaming guard is a bit more difficult, but he can probably be bypassed.

An "armored rail car" with HMG mount will blast you to bits if you don't dodge him quickly. There's an escape tunnel to your LEFT, maybe a bit ahead. Run inside it. You'll come up to another section, where that car will bug you. Run across its front and jump onto the other side, cut chain to open and go through the car, drop, and get through the school bus, rejoin the subway line.

Eventually you'll arrive at 90th street station. You will find a shotgun and lots of other MIsc. stuff. Grab anything left behind, including parts to build bombs and distraction devices. Kill one guy at the map table, then turn right until you see the stairs. Go ahead and slowly go up. Now slowly, but surely, killed everybody with silent takedowns, and grab all the extra parts.

Right in the middle of the raised platform, there's a roof below that. Build 4 remote bombs. When he comes by, kneel and sidle up and toss 3-4 onto his back deck. Then climb back up over the railing, and hide.

When ready, detonate the bombs, and rail car is toast. Now it's a matter of how you deal with the survivors, but you should leave them. Look for the exit, then ride a motorcycle all the way to the exit at maximum speed.

Once you're up there, shoot the norks in the Checkpoint. Flank them and shoot them from the side. You'll get assaulted from two directions, including heavies. Kill them all, wait for the door to open, and when ready, run inside. Follow instructions and go down the garbage chute.

Yeah, that's about it.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished "Aftermath" DLC as well. it's single-path through, not open-roam, but it's exciting all right, where you tried to rescue walker from his captivity. And yeah, you succeed. And it's funny that the game jokes about itself.

You see, in this DLC, Ethan gets a voice. And near the beginning, Parrish joked that "I liked you better when you were quiet" or something like that. It sure got a chuckle out of me, because Ethan didn't get to speak a single word in the entire main game.

Any way, Parrish was grumbling about how Walker's propaganda broadcast is causing a lot of desertions among the resistance. So the order was to kill Walker. Ethan managed to get Parrish to give him a chance to extract Walker.
Spoiler:
Go through the area and exit the tunnel, and you'll be near the WDED plaza... it's patrolled by a Goliath AND a Wolverine, not to mention a lot of other troops. Feel free to tag them, but it doesn't matter. Once you're satisfied, turn right 45 and look off the edge, but don't jump yet. There's a patrol down there. Take him out, quietly.

Advance and remove guards quietly as much as possible. You can get around the entire area by end-run it and killing guards along the way. Make sure you kill them away from each other. If a guard spots a body, alarm will be raised. Any way, work your way around, spot the patrol patterns, and you'll get inside.

Follow the path until you reach the rooftop. Getting across here can be difficult in stealth, but you can probably kill all of them pretty easily going loud. You're looking at 2 heavies, a captain, and more than a few soldiers, shock troops, and more.

Once you're clear, continue and you'll end up in the studio itself... Except there's nobody there. As you turn off the broadcast and route traffic to your buddies, Norks interrupt your party. Defending the place is relatively easy, but there's a second wave of attackers, including a heavy. Continue through as you need to get out of the studio and toward the gas line to infiltrate the apex building.

You will have to go through the dark tunnels (use flashlight) and eventually get into an upside down bus except the subsequent area is patrolled by 2 seekers, a Wolverine, and misc. soldiers. Consider taking out the Wolverine first but you probably won't have the vantage point. Hide inside your tunnel and duck behind something as Wolverine come pay you a visit, then toss explosives out the tunnel to destroy it. Then mop up.

You're at the gas facility, and there's a control panel on the "right" you need ot hack, and you found your missing scout. There's an RC car there, which means you will need to use it, soon. It's "RC Hack". Any way, follow the green cable trunk out to a "mouse door" on the right. Open it, and send your RC car into it, and follow the only way forward. You'll soon reach a control panel where you can activate your hack and voila, all four fans stopped. And you can go through.

You'll emerge near the KPA garage attached to the Apex building. You can assassinate your way through, but you're looking at sniper, heavy, Wolverine, stationary turret, and lots of various soldiers. Usually I just go loud here and be careful and stay out of Wolverine's way until you can destroy it. Then you fight your way INTO the garage (another heavy and assorted soldiers). Now you can fight your way into the facility. Though it's just one guy.

Now that you rescued Walker, you got hit by a bunch of soldiers and 3 heavies, then Sidney Cook, the arms master, shows up with a KRA gunship (under resistance control, of course) and blasts the group hitting you to pieces. Now you get into the courtyard, except you need to kill anybody with an RPG or Sidney can't land and get you out of here. So it's basically killing waves after waves of norks (specifically, the RPG/Sniper guys)

When you kill enough, run for the helipad, get on the gunship, and it's over.