Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - It is Day

Post by Chaosraven »

VOTE NOW 

Vote Early and Often!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Vote Now 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vote Now 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vote Now 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Since no one is willing to consider that I'm telling the truth.
I considered it. It simply doesn't change the vote for today. There is no connection that I see between your claim and the Holman/Vorret pairing. Since we only get one vote and that pairing has an open claim of wolf your pairing is meaningless for this game. Were this a longer game and we needed to find all the wolves your claim would merit more interest.
 VOTE NOW 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
added the accuse tags for you.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

The motion has been put forth to more forward the lynch.

All in favor -
  • Scoop
  • Holman
  • bb2112
  • Chaosraven
  • Archinerd
  • Unagi
  • Remus

No vote -
  • Vorret
  • Moliere
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:The motion has been put forth to more forward the lynch.

All in favor -
  • Scoop
  • Holman
  • bb2112
  • Chaosraven
  • Archinerd
  • Unagi
  • Remus

No vote -
  • Vorret
  • Moliere
well this looks bad
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Zarathud

One Night Ultimate Werewolf - It is Day

Post by Zarathud »

:binky: I'm pretty sure there won't be a tie. :lol: :binky:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:The motion has been put forth to more forward the lynch.

All in favor -
  • Scoop
  • Holman
  • bb2112
  • Chaosraven
  • Archinerd
  • Unagi
  • Remus

No vote -
  • Vorret
  • Moliere
well this looks bad
You could post "vote now" if only to move this thing along.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

vote now 

Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote: vote now 

What he said.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

and that is that. Holman, Archinerd, and I would like to thank you all for playing. :twisted:
stessier

Post by stessier »

The motion has been put forth to more forward the lynch.

All in favor -
  • Scoop
  • Holman
  • bb2112
  • Chaosraven
  • Archinerd
  • Unagi
  • Remus
  • Vorret
  • Moliere

The motion has passed. Votes are being tabulated.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Remus West wrote:and that is that. Holman, Archinerd, and I would like to thank you all for playing. :twisted:
I guess I'll find out what you mean by this soon enough.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:and that is that. Holman, Archinerd, and I would like to thank you all for playing. :twisted:
You wish.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The wind started to pick up as one by one the camper stepped forward and cast their vote.

Chaosraven? "Vorret."
Remus West? "Vorret."
Archinerd? "Vorret."

Dark clouds started to form and thicken.

Scoop? "Vorret."
bb2112? "Vorret."
Uangi? "Vorret."

A funnel cloud started to form over the hill and hail started to fall. "Hurry up!" shouted Holman. "It looks like the Perfect Storm!!"

Holman? "Holman!! Wait - I mean, Vorret!"
Moliere? "Pick me, pick me, pick me!!" Moliere shouted. "Here, I'll show you how - Moliere!"
Vorret? "Whelp, sure looks like the people have spoken. Vorret!"

And with that vote, Vorret jauntily walked over to the tree, climbed up to the hanging branch, placed the noose around his neck and jumped. The rope snapped taught and Vorret was dead.

"Did that seem too easy?" Archinerd asked Unagi. "Easy - I've been sweating bullets ever since you tried to tell people you were the Insomniac. Nice play by the way," said Unagi while putting on his lobster bib. "Now let's feast!" shouted Unagi as he transformed into the largest werewolf anyone had ever seen.

The campers never stood a chance as Archinerd and Unagi ripped through them while Holman stood off to the side rocking with glee. When it was over, Unagi was picking a bit of Chaos from his teeth as Archinerd spoke, "Really need to fatten them up first next time. Some of these were barely worth the effo....ugh." Archinerd midsection let out a horrendous gurgle. "You alright?" asked Unagi. "I think....NO!" screamed Archinerd as he doubled over in pain. "What's - ACK!" shouted Unagi as blood foamed on his lips. Holman looked on in horror as Unagi and Archinerd dissolved into bubbling piles of goo.

"I've failed my Masters!" howled Holman. Rending his clothes, he moaned "I don't deserve to live!" and plunged his belt knife directly into his heart.

And with that, the camp was plunged into silence. A soft breeze blew through the site, ruffling Vorret's cloak. If you were looking carefully at that moment, you might have thought you saw a sad smile on Vorret's face for he had finally gotten all that he wanted - his release from life and his revenge!

Vorret was the Tanner. He wins - everyone else loses!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Since I was originally given the Tanner role does that mean someone switched me to something else?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Code: Select all

Player	     Role   	Night Action	Daytime Role
bb2112	     Drunk	   Grave B	     Villager 2
Vorret	     Robber	   Moliere	    Tanner
Holman	     Minion	      X	       Minion
Unagi	      Werewolf 2	  X	       Werewolf 2
Remus West	 Villager 1     X	       Villager 1
Archinerd	  Werewolf 1	  X	       Werewolf 1
Chaosraven    Hunter   	   X	       Hunter
Scoop20906 	Insomniac	   ***	     Insomniac
Moliere	    Tanner	      X	       Robber
Grave A	    Seer	        X	       Seer
Grave B       Villager 2     X	       Drunk
Grave C       Troublemaker   X	       Troublemaker
stessier

Post by stessier »

It really was the perfect storm. We have the Minion claim Seer who was in a grave, so there was no one to dispute him. Then the Minion called out the Tanner as a wolf - the one role that didn't mind dying. To throw everyone off the scent, the Tanner started off as the Robber, so the original Tanner (who was unknowingly now the Robber) was clomping around trying to get killed. The wolves were good to let it all play out because it was seemingly all under control. I don't think a group could get that to work again if they tried. :)

Good job all! Kind of a weird game, no?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
You wish.
So do you it seems.

Interesting that vorret won even knowing he was in position to win. :lol:

I liked it.

Should have listened to scoop :shock: but I still liked it. :lol:
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote:
Vorret was the Tanner. He wins - everyone else loses!
WHAAAAATTT??

:D

I decided to pick on Vorret because of the ribbing he was getting before the game started. I figured that would make him a believable choice as a Day One scan.

I fully expected someone else to challenge me as the Seer. I thought I might try to play Wolf and get myself lynched. When no one challenged me, I just ran with it. I was waiting for Vorret to claim Seer at the end.

I could tell that Moliere was trying to die, and the odds seemed long that anyone would just happen to have switched Vorret for Tanner.

Well played, Vorret! You must have been happy when I picked you.

Thanks for the game, stessier!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote:WHAAAAATTT??
That was my reaction when you chose Vorret as your scan. The wheels-within-wheels aspect that would lead to your ultimate demise was so beautiful that I tried to explain it to my wife. Here's a bit of advice to those reading along - don't try to explain these games to your significant others. :D Even though she's played the game in person, all I got was polite head nods. So disappointing.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:
You wish.
So do you it seems.

Interesting that vorret won even knowing he was in position to win. :lol:

I liked it.

Should have listened to scoop :shock: but I still liked it. :lol:
Hilarious outcome.

Seriously.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Game over

Post by bb2112 »

Thanks for running it Stessier.

Holman, nice job coming out as seer. You were lucky it was buried, or maybe Vorret was lucky.

This was an odd game. I think I would like to try it again a few more times though. The really odd thing about this particular game was everyone except Vorret was working hard to win and none of us did. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Aside from laughing at all of us, the whole time... Vorret must have been particularly amused with Moliere.

I kept thinking something more was going on. I was pretty sure no matter how good it looked, I'd end up losing with the village somehow.

funny.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Ha! Well played Vorret.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'd like to hear from vorret to know if Molierre's play had clued him into what he had done to himself and to how well this was working out for him.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

That was hilarious! I would never had seen that one coming and I remember Mara Jade.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

There was one point when I got suspicious about Vorret not claiming a role. It briefly occurred to me that maybe he was the Tanner, but I persuaded myself that he just saw the writing on the wall and knew that he couldn't beat an uncontested day-one Seer claim.

Even if I had decided then that he was the Tanner, I'm not sure what I could have done differently. I guess the best play at that point would have been to out myself as the Minion (and Vorret as definitely not a Wolf) and throw the village back to square one. But I was pretty sure we had Vorret in the bag, and the odds of Vorret being the Tanner were really quite low...
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

BTW Holman and Archinerd - I am going to chalk this up as a glorious win. Sure, we ate something bad - but that's just part of being a Werewolf.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So, did I win? I'm pretty sure that I won.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:BTW Holman and Archinerd - I am going to chalk this up as a glorious win. Sure, we ate something bad - but that's just part of being a Werewolf.

From without it does look like a glorious win but not for you.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote:
Unagi wrote:BTW Holman and Archinerd - I am going to chalk this up as a glorious win. Sure, we ate something bad - but that's just part of being a Werewolf.

It's the only kind of win I can feel good with. The one that I don't really even have!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote:

It was probably for me, then, I bet.
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I had funning annoying Scoop, that's victory enough for me. :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I was curious why you didn't come forward when Scoop first asked you to.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Unagi wrote:I was curious why you didn't come forward when Scoop first asked you to.
Well, the main reason is that he was the only good guy who knew I was lying... plus there is the off chance he wasn't the insomniac either. My biggest fear is he was the Troublemaker and had switched me off of team wolf. That would explain how he knew I was lying with the added benefit of me not being on what I thought was the winning team.

All in all, I think the format works fine on the forum. I think it would be better in person but that's not really a fair criticism.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I apologize.
I was being sarcastic
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I was looking forward to quoting this:
Unagi wrote: Congrats to the wolves, especially Archinerd and Holman ! Always fun to tear a town apart.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I was telling the truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906