Arkham Horror - The Card Game

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

YellowKing

Re: Arkham Horror - The Card Game

Post by YellowKing »

Essex County Express, the second Mythos pack, was on the agenda for last night's festivities.

First we managed to get some decent new cards with the 3xp we earned from Miskatonic. This turned out to be an amazingly well-timed purchase, as we each both managed to draw two of the new cards which award an XP just for having both players make an extra draw off the top of the encounter deck. We would eventually use these to net an extra 2xp for the scenario, doubling our reward.

As for the scenario itself - very unique layout and game mechanic, and lots of fun. Not too difficult but not too easy. We did screw up one thing - I accidentally mixed in two very powerful enemies from a card set that weren't supposed to be there. While they didn't prevent us from winning the scenario, they did slow me down a bit and could have in theory cost me another XP. However, because they didn't change gameplay in our favor or decide the outcome, we let it slide. I had read two differing opinions on this scenario - that it was one of the easiest so far, and one of the most difficult. I could see how both could be true depending on the luck of the draw. Fortunately for us it landed right down the middle.

We came out of this one in much better shape than the previous two excursions. Both survived, and we netted an impressive 4xp. We've already got our eye on one extremely powerful new player card in this set that we'll both probably pick up.

Blood on the Altar is on its way, so we'll try to get to that one next week.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The Path to Carcosa officially announced. This is the second "big box" or deluxe expansion for the series.
A new theater production is coming to Arkham all the way from Paris. Unsurprisingly, it's been all the rage in conversations among Arkham's socialites. But in your efforts to learn more about the play, you've uncovered a darker history. Disappearances. Suicides. Delusions. Insanity. Wherever The King in Yellow is performed, madness follows close behind.

Everything you find suggests the workings of something foul, even though no connection has yet been proven…

In The Path to Carcosa, it becomes your task to uncover the secrets of this unusual play. The expansion's two scenarios kick off The Path to Carcosa campaign with a trip to the Ward Theatre and an invitation to the formal dinner party hosted by cast and crew. But with every answer you gain and every clue you uncover, you only find yourself falling deeper into mystery and madness.

Along with its new scenarios and encounter cards, The Path to Carcosa introduces six new investigators and sixty-two player cards (including a complete playset of each) that afford you new ways to explore and enjoy the game—even as they challenge you to overcome new weaknesses.
Coming Q3 2017.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just finished the Core set tonight (I know. I know) and I am really impressed at how much it felt like playing an RPG. Things didn't go great in the second scenario and I was afraid that our inability to stop everyone was going to haunt us in the future (it did). For the 3rd scenario the sins of the past came back full force (from both the first and second scenario) and things rapidly went down hill. I was eliminated but the other player actually made it to the final area. I was irritated and figured we were going to get the worst ending possible as it seemed likely he was going to be eliminated as well. However:
Spoiler:
When the final boss was spawned, Lita was with the investigator there, so she was tossed at the Elder God to try and appease it
This action actually gave us a unique ending that was 100% like any of the Cthulhu RPG campaigns I've ever run. Not a good ending, not a bad ending, but the the Elder God was defeated. What amazed me most was that the ending was only possible if the first scenario unfolded in a particular way and decisions were made in that story arc. I was impressed at how decisions you make actually follow you through the entire campaign. That is really impressive and I'm glad I didn't demand that we just resign ourselves to failure and instead just play it all out to see what happens. I also didn't realize it, but there is some randomness to story locations so even if I go back and replay them, it's possible that new situations will unfold. Anyway, those two characters are totally busted up so it'll be a new pair for The Dunwich Legacy!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Argh, I've got my copy all blinged out...custom carrying case, giant playmat...but I just never seem to play. I need to change that!
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, we keep getting distracted, but we "forced" ourselves to get through the core set by playing last week and again last night. The sessions actually aren't all that long. Maybe only 2-2.5 hours, though there's lots of table talk. Now that I can see how a whole campaign unfolds, I'm actually a bit more excited to get into Dunwich. I still think I'm out after we finish that campaign, but it'll be nice to know I can then (eventually) pick up the next set (and those Mythos decks) if the bug to play starts up again. Hopefully at that point, I don't need to pay CSI to send me Mythos decks via pack mule...which is apparently how they're currently operating.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

FF seems to have improved their supply issues quite a bit. I had no trouble getting my hands on Blood on the Altar, and even though the next pack pre-order is sold out at the moment, I'm fairly confident based on the last pack that CSI will have them available again before release.

Your story about getting the crazy ending is exactly why we never replay scenarios, and have played the campaign in such a manner that whatever happens happens. The game is designed in such a way (much like pencil and paper RPGs), that failure is not necessarily a death sentence. Sure you may incur some penalty that hurts you down the line, or change the storyline in such a way to make things harder rather than easier, but you really shouldn't fear adventures that don't go perfectly.

In our Dunwich campaign so far we've played 6 scenarios (including the two standalone packs). Two of those were good endings, two of those were bad endings, and two were somewhere in the middle. Yet we're still standing, and still continuing to grow more powerful.

Very much looking forward to the new expansion. Dunwich has been a blast, and even though the game is pricey to keep up with, I can't argue with how much entertainment it has brought us. Plus it features my namesake. :D
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

So back to my question about playing with more than 2. If you do get two core sets and play through that and then move on to other adventures (if you can find them) do you need to buy multiple copies of each scenario as well?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

YellowKing wrote:Your story about getting the crazy ending is exactly why we never replay scenarios, and have played the campaign in such a manner that whatever happens happens. The game is designed in such a way (much like pencil and paper RPGs), that failure is not necessarily a death sentence. Sure you may incur some penalty that hurts you down the line, or change the storyline in such a way to make things harder rather than easier, but you really shouldn't fear adventures that don't go perfectly.
It's just so difficult to get my mind around a card/board game that provides *an* ending, not just a win/lose situation. The game accounted for our story decisions and results and the ending we saw was based on how our particular campaign unfolded. That's a pretty cool experience. When the game first came out and I was reading that people were replaying the scenarios multiple times, I didn't understand why, but even beyond the story or campaign impacts I can see now how different investigators (and their decks) could create a varied narrative. I'd also never replay a scenario to get what I thought was the "best" ending but instead just follow through right to the end regardless. Now that I know there will be a resolution regardless of what we do (or don't do), I'm definitely more encouraged. That was actually one of my biggest fears (and perhaps why I was ready to just throw in the towel last night) based on my experience with the Lord of the Rings LCG. In the core box there was a scenario that stopped progression and ended the game if you didn't defeat it. And the only way to defeat it was through calculated deck building or absurd luck. It really turned me off to the game quickly. The Arkham game just has a better feel, and while there is randomness and luck with the cards and chits, the story always resolved and moved forward based on what happened. I was feeling meh about the game initially but now I'm 100% a fan.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hentzau wrote:So back to my question about playing with more than 2. If you do get two core sets and play through that and then move on to other adventures (if you can find them) do you need to buy multiple copies of each scenario as well?
I get a bit cross-eyed when I try to figure this out, but from what I understand if you're playing with more than two investigators and you have two core sets, the Dunwich Legacy (and subsequent Mythos decks) are all still usable by 3 or 4 players without any other additions. I *think* it's because of the level limits on the cards and how many specific card types at each level the investigators can use, but I might be wrong. I'll ask my buddy and see what he did as I'm pretty sure he only created proxy cards to cover 4 players using the core set with the understanding that would be enough to carry everyone forward into Dunwich. All the cards you'd need to build an investigator are supplied by the Core box and the Dunwich box (which also uses Core cards). Nothing from the Mythos decks needs to be duplicated 3+ times for more than 2 investigators (IIRC).
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I believe Smoove_B is correct; however I do have one caveat.

The Mythos packs typically include a few new player cards in each color set (red, blue, yellow, green, purple, neutral, etc.) However, at most I've only seen them include two copies of a new card. So, for instance, if there's some super cool new card that everybody wants, not everyone would be able to purchase a copy if you were playing more than two.

It's not a show stopper by any means, but did want to point that out since upgrading and purchasing new cards is a significant part of the campaign as you start earning XP.

The good news is that when the Mythos packs include new cards, they include a lot. So even if a third player missed out on a really powerful asset, there are usually plenty of other options for them to choose from. Besides, I think the game is more fun when people take on complementary roles and bring their own individual skills to the table. Even playing with two like I do, it's rare that we find ourselves opting for the same card purchases just due to our unique strengths and weaknesses.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's what's so hard to parse - needed versus ideal. I *think* all you need is 2 cores to fully support the creation of 4 investigator decks because those two cores give you enough copies of the level 0 cards to outfit 4 investigators. After that, you're likely into "ideal" and it all depends on what people want to do with their decks (in terms of customizing them) and how many character archetypes you're playing with. If you have two Investigator types and they're going to be clamoring for two copies each of a specific investigator card, you're going to need 4 core sets to fully accommodate them both. Otherwise with only 2 cores one player would be able to purchase both or each player can have one copy of the card. I'm not a deck min/maxer so that likely fuels my general ambivalence.

For the Core experience, I leveled up Roland in a way that had him purchase two "Extra Ammo" cards for my deck. I believe only one is available with one core so I took advantage my buddy's set that has multiple copies in the Guardian options. Did that make the game easier? Harder? I have no idea. Was it necessary? Again, I have no idea. I did it because it seemed like a good idea in a two player game where I was Guardian/Seeker based and the other player was Survivor/Rogue based. Having my two core deck option configuration in a 3 or 4 player game might not be nearly as important because it would be more likely that there was another combat-based investigator in the mix. If I didn't have that option, I would have picked something else and would have been completely fine with it. However, the internet is filled with people that simply won't play unless they can get their decks *exactly* the way they want them and if that's the case for your group, you're gonna need a bigger boat. :wink:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hentzau wrote:So back to my question about playing with more than 2. If you do get two core sets and play through that and then move on to other adventures (if you can find them) do you need to buy multiple copies of each scenario as well?
Someone actually asked this question today on BGG. I think we were right (based on what others report).
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For anyone that cares, Lost In Time and Space (the last Mythos deck for the Dunwich set) is now available on CSI for pre-order.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just finished the Essex County Express (#3 for Dunwich Legacy) and were defeated at the 1/2 point. We were actually doing awesome up until the doom track advanced and
Spoiler:
wiped out two train cars instead of one
...but that's Cthulhu for you.

That took us by surprise. I did like the mechanics in this particular adventure - very different than what we've seen so far. Overall we're doing terrible - so many poor resolutions to the adventures. There's just no way this is going to end well, but we're having fun getting there. With four mythos decks left, I'd really like to finish this one in the next few months. My buddy already has the Carcosa set on order (via his Team Covenant subscription) so everything will stack up fast if we don't make forward progress.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah we're behind as well. Just finished Blood on the Altar, so we have three packs left. Great scenario though, we really enjoyed it and had a good ending.

Our problem is that I only get one free game night a week, and our regular group has been available pretty consistently as of late. So we just haven't had the opportunity to play.

I'm probably going to hold off on Carcosa for this reason. Our fall gaming schedule is backlogged to the gills already, so I just can't see spending the money on an expansion we're not going to get to anytime soon.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I wish I could game once a week; usually it's 1-2x a month - which is part of the problem. I keep saying we need to treat it more like a bowling league and meet weekly. The only good thing is that these sessions are more or less wrapped up in 3 hours or less (so far). I'm not sure how quickly we'll get to the Carcosa set, but who knows, maybe we'll just continue to chip away at it through the Spring of next year.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:I wish I could game once a week; usually it's 1-2x a month
:grund:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:I wish I could game once a week; usually it's 1-2x a month
:grund:
1-2x a year not working for you?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

That's the issue with loving board games and hating people.

OK, I don't hate people, I am just afraid of them. All of them. Possibly because they are actually ancient horrors looking to drive me to madness.

Not as much of an exaggeration as you might think and nicely ties it back to the thread, I think.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm running a solo campaign with one investigator. Rex Murphy. Trick him out and he's a goddamn investigating machine. He can usually clean out the clues on a location in one or two turns. :wub:
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's been my experience with Daisy Walker - just vacuuming up clues. However, that didn't help us on the Essex County Express...
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Our group has a pretty sweet setup. We meet every Thursday from 6:30-10:00pm. We were allowed after hours access to a conference room at work so we have a huge table to spread out on and don't have to worry about noise (receiving it or making it) since the building is empty after 5pm.

At first it was a little touch and go getting my wife used to the idea of me being AWOL one night a week, but it's now become so routine that it's a non-issue. We've been consistent for about a year and a half now, with the exception of a week here and there when people were out of town or whatever. Of the four regular members, however, it's a rare occasion when at least two can't meet and play something.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Last night was Blood on the Altar - and boy, was there ever. We actually made it to the end of the scenario in relatively good shape, but the boss took us both out. Part of the problem (I think) is our 2-player effort. My buddy is playing as Jenny and I'm Daisy. Jenny (as he's configured her) is ok with combat. Not great, but better than average. My Daisy configuration has me vacuuming up clues, but I'm useless in combat. With some card combos and assists, we did 8 points of damage to the boss in the first round of combat. But he still had 4 health left and it was at that point that my buddy was defeated. I tried to escape so I could resign, but even with boosting my skills, the best I could do was make it an even attempt...and that wasn't going to work.

Anyway, the scenario ended in what I would imagine is the worst possible outcome and our characters are at the point where trauma is now an issue. I don't think that the campaign overall is going to end great, but I also don't think these two are going to make it another 3 chapters.

Still fun though.

EDIT: It's long overdue, but here's the case my buddy made using the Hobby Lobby art box and (I think) a Broken Token insert.

Enlarge Image

On the outside lid of the box he fastened a leather pouch that's big enough to hold all the manuals and a Plano case full of tokens.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Not sure if you saw my comments about the next Mythos Pack "Undimensioned and Unseen" in the "What did you play this weekend" thread, but I'll be curious to see how you do with it. It's the first pack that has completely and utterly kicked our ass to the point where we resigned before even flipping over the first Agenda. It's that bad.

We are committed to finishing out the campaign at this point, and we're still in OK shape trauma-wise, but I'm not sure my heart is in it anymore.

That case looks great, very similar to my setup. However, I haven't yet made labeled dividers.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:
EDIT: It's long overdue, but here's the case my buddy made using the Hobby Lobby art box and (I think) a Broken Token insert.

Enlarge Image

On the outside lid of the box he fastened a leather pouch that's big enough to hold all the manuals and a Plano case full of tokens.
I've got the hobby lobby case and the broken token insert, but where did he get those dividers?
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I believe the dividers are from BGG. He's been working with a guy over there helping to format and set them up as each new pack is released. It's a glorious case.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

YellowKing wrote:Not sure if you saw my comments about the next Mythos Pack "Undimensioned and Unseen" in the "What did you play this weekend" thread, but I'll be curious to see how you do with it. It's the first pack that has completely and utterly kicked our ass to the point where we resigned before even flipping over the first Agenda. It's that bad.
Every single scenario so far has resulted in failure on our end. Things lost, people killed - every possible bad outcome, we've had. If it's as bad as you say, I doubt we'll make it either, but I guess at least we're consistent. What we might do is finish it out and then select some newer characters that maybe are better suited for 2-player adventures. He already started setting up that storage box with the Carcosa elements and he said some of the new characters look really interesting.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We've been rolling with Ashcan Pete and Zooey, and it's been a pretty powerful duo. Out of the 8 adventures we've done so far (4 Mythos packs, 2 standalones, 2 campaign), I can only remember 2 that we've outright had to resign and failed completely. The other 6 were either outright wins or partial victories.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I really like my character (Daisy) but yeah, maybe I went too far into investigation and should have focused a bit more on spells. Even there she's limited, but as a clue grabber? She's ridiculous. I did play one stand alone as Ashcan Pete would agree he's awesome. It really might come down to picking the right pair.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

[Al Pacino]Just when I thought I was out....they pull me back in....[/Al Pacino]

The guy I'm playing Arkham with hit our FLGS at lunch and came back with the final two Mythos packs and the Carcosa expansion. :grund:

I think I'm going to take some time this weekend to re-sort cards and organize my case a little better. Maybe even make some dividers.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

We just failed our way through Undimensioned and Unseen, ending when both characters were defeated. We think that this marks the end of my buddy using Jenny - having gone insane three times over the Dunwich cycle made her a gamble every time we started. But during this last attempt, she had her weakness out, and when she went insane the unresolved weakness ("Where's Izzy" - not GnR related) gave her another trauma. That put her at 5/6 for sanity for the next adventure, so as of last night she was officially retired and my buddy will need to select a new fresh investigator for the final two chapters. I've been enjoying Daisy - she's a clue vacuum - but of course the randomness to monster movement last night made it impossible for her to wait for the creatures to show up and allow her to spring a trap (the only way she could survive the combat with them). Daisy also went insane, in part because I cleared her weakness (The Necronomicon) and inched my sanity too far; a doom card pushed me over the edge.

So that's another failure for us as we march on to Where Doom Awaits...
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just failed our way through scenario #7 - Where Doom Awaits. My buddy switched over to playing Zoey Samaras and it was a much better experience with respect to combat and Willpower checks. My character (Daisy) started the scenario with two physical wounds, courtesy of prior failures. That meant I had 3 health left - not great, but not an immediate problem. Well, until the first Treachery card is pulled, I fail it and take two wounds - leaving me with one health 15 minutes into the new scenario. I was able to get Daisy's medical book active and healed myself back down to two wounds, but then while trying to heal the last two, would alternate between failing and succeeding the checks. This meant at any given time I had 3 or 4 wounds the entire game. It was also easily one of the worst nights I've ever had with pulling tokens. Not only was I pulling repeated failures, but there was one chit that caused me to keep losing cards off my draw deck. This was a problem - and my ultimate demise - because of a scenario specific hex that activates when your draw deck is empty. Anyway, I was knocked out one location short of the end, but about 3 turns before the doom counter advanced. It ended up activating a few turns later while my buddy was trying to get clues to move forward.
Spoiler:
When the final doom counter is activate, that's it - game (and campaign) are over. So we don't even get to move on to the last scenario (which I'm sure we would have lost); we're done.
After the dust settled, I reminded my buddy that he wanted to play this on "Normal" difficulty (which we did). I pointed out how we lost every scenario after the second one...and that maybe we should consider an "Easy" run next time. I think this game is incredibly difficult, particularly with two characters. I also think they crafted it in such a way as to really play to smart and meticulous deck builders; we are not that way at all. It was fun and it absolutely felt like a true Cthulhu RPG adventure - both in overall tone and ending - but I think I could have used a bit less frustration at times.

We're going to park this game off to the side while the Carcosa decks are delivered. Maybe we'll play a stand alone adventure or look into some of the fan-created content (which I've heard is really good).

So I think in summary (in general) my original fears were realized - this is absolutely a game that rewards people that are good at deck building. That being said, we did manage to half-ass our way through and experiencing the story was the most enjoyable part. I think I would advise more casual players to perhaps listen to my gut and play on Easy. Additionally, now that it's been out for over a year, there are plenty of pre-crafted deck examples you can use to help you as you start to level up.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We've been away from it for awhile, but I've got the last two Mythos packs in hand as well as the Carcosa expansion. My boss surprised our team with a free paid day off of our choice as a Christmas bonus, so Terry and I are thinking of taking the same day and just doing an epic 8-hour Arkham Horror:TCG session. Hoping we will be able to get caught up that way.

I agree the game rewards deck builders, but I don't think it's quite as minny/maxy as The Lord of the Rings card game. We've kind of just picked cards that looked cool, with an emphasis on upgrading cards that we use often or saving up for very powerful cards over buying a bunch of minor ones. We also try to focus on anything that provides ongoing benefits (such as extra slots or cards that are permanently out at start of play).

However, I'm really looking forward to Carcosa just to start fresh. As much as I like the Zooey and Ashcan characters, it will be nice to develop new characters and see some new cards.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, it's not nearly as punishing as the Lord of the Rings card game, however for Jenny my buddy used the "that looks cool' or "maybe that will be useful" philosophy and ended up developing a a rather limited (and ineffective) deck. Even for my character - I was insanely good at finding clues. But combat? Fleeing combat? Trouble. I think it's cool that you need to specialize (to a degree) but with a two-player game I didn't feel like there was any real margin for error. The one time we managed a 4 player game it felt very different. Yes, it scaled up to insane levels (with the "per investigator" elements), but with four classes playing, there was much more variety in strategy and response.

We're also looking forward to Carcosa as well - some of the new characters look rather interesting. Maybe we'll just take them back through the original adventure and Dunwich. :D
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Smoove, we wound up in the same exact boat as you with WHERE DOOM AWAITS. That ended in utter disaster, even thought we put up a four-hour fight.
Unfortunately I already have the next Mythos pack in hand, or I would probably just shelve this campaign and move on to Carcosa.

My gaming partner was *extremely* frustrated, but I reminded him that we kind of signed up for this by playing a "true" campaign where every pack was one and done no matter the outcome. In an ideal world, with unlimited time, I'd probably try to play each pack at least twice and take the best outcome, or at least repeat packs where we outright failed. The game is high difficulty/high chance, so winning the first time every time through eight scenarios is asking a lot.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My buddy still has the subscription service sending him decks. I'm guessing we'll start the Carcosa campaign in the late spring or early summer. It really is an amazing experience, even with the ridiculous difficulty. We haven't replayed anything, but I'm very curious to see how a replay would feel. With so much new content though, I can't ever see going backwards. I'm not even keeping up with regular board games. The idea that I'd go back and replay Dunwich when they're still cranking out a new campaign is crazy. :D
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We played the last Mythos pack for the Dunwich Legacy campaign tonight.

All I can say is: shame on you Fantasy Flight for:
Spoiler:
Making the penultimate scenario a win/lose affair.
Because the last scenario was fantastic. Challenging without being too punishing (even though we got some lucky breaks that helped with that), and a terrific design that constantly kept us guessing. We really enjoyed it.

Now on to Carcosa! I'm more than ready to put this campaign behind us and see some fresh decks.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I picked this up on a whim yesterday and played through the first scenario with my wife. We lost -- on Easy. At the end, there was simply no way that our characters, the librarian and urchin, were going to
Spoiler:
defeat the ghoul priest
with the cards in our hands. The urchin was defeated by horror, and the librarian just ran away.

Our ignoble defeat aside, the mechanics seems tight and interesting. Looking forward to another go this weekend.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It's a fantastic game. One thing you'll realize as you start buying Mythos packs is how cleverly the designers have managed to take the same mechanics and make every scenario feel completely different. I'm a total of 14 (I think) scenarios in at this point (core game, Dunwich cycle, two standalone packs, base Carcosa), and never has one felt overly familiar to one we've done before.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Question: If you are in a room with Lita Chantler (who has been engaged by one of the characters) and you throw dynamite into the next room, do you apply the +1 to damage from Lita?
If so, enemies/investigators in that room would take 4 damage. If not, they would take only the 3 damage from the dynamite.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter