Viva Le Pen

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Rip

Viva Le Pen

Post by Rip »

Might as well have a thread for the next big win.
Holman

Re: Viva Le Pen

Post by Holman »

I know fascists make you happy, but Le Pen is unlikely to be the next President of France.

France has a robust multi-party system, so even if Le Pen wins the first round (as polls suggest she can), she won't get a clear majority. The first round will be followed by a run-off between the top two vote-getters, and all of the other parties will coalesce behind her opponent against her racist National Front.

Also, "Viva" is not French; it's Spanish. Please produce your papers for the Deportation Squad.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

You expect too much.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Yeah, its "Vive" in French.

Personally, I prefer her niece, Marion Marechal-Le Pen. Not politically, god no - they are a bunch of fascists. But she is pretty, so that is something.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Vive Zapata!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman wrote:I know fascists make you happy, but Le Pen is unlikely to be the next President of France.

France has a robust multi-party system, so even if Le Pen wins the first round (as polls suggest she can), she won't get a clear majority. The first round will be followed by a run-off between the top two vote-getters, and all of the other parties will coalesce behind her opponent against her racist National Front.

Also, "Viva" is not French; it's Spanish. Please produce your papers for the Deportation Squad.
:ninja: :pop:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Rip wrote:
Holman wrote:I know fascists make you happy, but Le Pen is unlikely to be the next President of France.

:ninja: :pop:
So Rip is rooting for the openly fascist pro-Putin anti-NATO candidate now. Trump had better up his game if he wants to stay current.

Racist Islamophobia must be a hell of a drug.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Racist Islamophobia isn't the drug. Librul tears are the drug, racist islamophobia is one of the means of getting them.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Rip

Post by Rip »

The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists.

I guess I am left with combating fake news with fake quotes.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Don't worry guys, Rip is not really fascist. He's a performance artist.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Rip

Post by Rip »

Enough

Post by Enough »

Now watch a Soviet cartoon which eerily predicted the realities of rising European fascism when Soviet style communism was removed from the continent.
Yep.

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Enough

Post by Enough »

Trump: I’m not endorsing Le Pen, but she’s "strongest on what's been going on in France
Last edited by Enough on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This site has links to RT, the Kremlin propaganda arm in the West, and to everyone's favorite, Alex Jones. One of their more recent angles is propagating the idea that the Syria chemical attack was a false flag operation.

So yeah, I'm on board, Rip.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Enough

Post by Enough »

Grifman wrote:
This site has links to RT, the Kremlin propaganda arm in the West, and to everyone's favorite, Alex Jones. One of their more recent angles is propagating the idea that the Syria chemical attack was a false flag operation.

Like I said, just like Alex Jones, Rip sees himself as a performance artist. The article he posted actually waxed poetic about when Soviet communism permeated Europe, wtf has happened to conservatives to sell their souls like this? There is NO line Trump can cross short of changing party that will revoke Rip's support unless doing so will get a bunch of us up in arms. Rip, if I am wrong, please let us know what the trigger points are for you to stop supporting Trump.

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Enough wrote:
Grifman wrote:

Like I said, just like Alex Jones, Rip sees himself as a performance artist. The article he posted actually waxed poetic about when Soviet communism permeated Europe, wtf has happened to conservatives to sell their souls like this? There is NO line Trump can cross short of changing party that will revoke Rip's support unless doing so will get a bunch of us up in arms. Rip, if I am wrong, please let us know what the trigger points are for you to stop supporting Trump.
In truth, they (Trump and Rip and their ilk) have already changed party, haven't they? People that seek to cozy up to Putin and wax poetic about Soviet Communism are not Republican.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kurth wrote:In truth, they (Trump and Rip and their ilk) have already changed party, haven't they? People that seek to cozy up to Putin and wax poetic about Soviet Communism are not Republican.
It's not the communism, it's the nativist authoritarian kleptocracy.

Putin came to them. He just showed them there are no limits.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Not sure how I am aligning with Putin. I haven't advocated giving him an inch. In fact I advocate the opposite, I believe we need to kick Russia in the teeth a couple times and force them give back Crimea.

But sure whatever you guys want to think, run with that.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Rip wrote:Not sure how I am aligning with Putin. I haven't advocated giving him an inch. In fact I advocate the opposite, I believe we need to kick Russia in the teeth a couple times and force them give back Crimea.

Then how do you support Le Pen?

She is funded by Putin, has declared that Crimea is part of Russia, and has called for France to separate from NATO. She fully supports Putin's vision of a Europe in line with Moscow.

You don't know this?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Obviously he doesn't support Le Pen. Duh. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Rip

Post by Rip »

She is wrong on Crimea.

All politicians have things they are wrong on.

In the end there is no material difference between her position and the people that think the opposite yet have no intention of actually doing anything about it but complaing. SHow me someone who supports forcing Russia to give Crimea back and I might change positions.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Rip wrote:She is wrong on Crimea.

In the end there is no material difference between her position and the people that think the opposite yet have no intention of actually doing anything about it but complaing. SHow me someone who supports forcing Russia to give Crimea back and I might change positions.
Right, sanctions have no effect. :grund:

Rip

Post by Rip »

Enough wrote:

Why don't we ask NK, or Iran, etc.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Rip wrote:
Enough wrote:

Sanctions can have various levels of success and there are great arguments about whether they are always appropriate just like we can make great arguments whether war is always the right answer... duh. But jebus dude this is basic math even if their economic/diplomatic efforts opposed to Russia only provide a 10-30% benefit. La Pen (besides being on Putin's payroll) wants to destroy the western alliance that is one of the world's best checks against Putin, she actively wants to make the world a better place for the expansion of Russian power and is even down with letting them take other countries unchallenged. This shit is anathema to what Reagan and decades of "strong on defense" conservatives stood for, but I guess those days are gone.

Holman

Post by Holman »

You might ask yourself why the most stridently nativist, racist parties across Europe are so pro-Putin.

It's not just Le Pen's National Front.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Enough wrote:
Rip wrote:
Enough wrote:

Sanctions can have various levels of success and there are great arguments about whether they are always appropriate just like we can make great arguments whether war is always the right answer... duh. But jebus dude this is basic math even if their economic/diplomatic efforts opposed to Russia only provide a 10-30% benefit. La Pen (besides being on Putin's payroll) wants to destroy the western alliance that is one of the world's best checks against Putin, she actively wants to make the world a better place for the expansion of Russian power and is even down with letting them take other countries unchallenged. This shit is anathema to what Reagan and decades of "strong on defense" conservatives stood for, but I guess those days are gone.
So your argument is that without the EU, Russia takes over much of Europe?

Does the leader of France get to decide who Russia takes over or doesn't?

The reality is that Russia takes over whatever Russia wants until they believe someone will make them pay a price they are unwilling to pay. Hint: The price is measured in lives not Rubbles.

Russia never would have gotten near Crimea in the first place if they had thought we would start blowing shit up over it. They knew we wouldn't, so they did.

Sanctions have never gotten a country to give back seized land, they never will.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Rip wrote:
Enough wrote:
Rip wrote:
Enough wrote:

The reality is that Russia takes over whatever Russia wants until they believe someone will make them pay a price they are unwilling to pay. Hint: The price is measured in lives not Rubbles.

Russia never would have gotten near Crimea in the first place if they had thought we would start blowing shit up over it. They knew we wouldn't, so they did.

Sanctions have never gotten a country to give back seized land, they never will.
You're grasping at straws. It's so simple. Le Pen is clearly on balance worse for the US, worse for Europe and better for Russia and the racists.

Enough

Post by Enough »

Holman wrote:

You might ask yourself why the most stridently nativist, racist parties across Europe are so pro-Putin.

Was there a reason you restricted this to Europe? :ninja: :wink:

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Enough wrote:
Holman wrote:

Was there a reason you restricted this to Europe? :ninja: :wink:
Authoritarianism -- because that's what we're really talking about, not just pro- or anti-Putin -- is on the rise worldwide. The president of the USA just congratulated the new dictator of Turkey for wiping out democracy, fer cryin out loud. If France falls, then Germany is the last bulwark against the rise of neo-fascism. Which might be the most ironic sentence I've ever written.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Rip wrote:Not sure how I am aligning with Putin. I haven't advocated giving him an inch. In fact I advocate the opposite, I believe we need to kick Russia in the teeth a couple times and force them give back Crimea.

But you supported Trump who wanted to be best buds with Putin.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Rip wrote:SHow me someone who supports forcing Russia to give Crimea back and I might change positions.
Show me how short of war anyone can force Russia to give back the Crimea.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Rip wrote:Russia never would have gotten near Crimea in the first place if they had thought we would start blowing shit up over it. They knew we wouldn't, so they did.
So the US should have gone to war over the Crimea?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Sanctions ARE working. No, they're not getting Crimea back--not yet anyway--but the Russian economy is suffering. State industries are suffering particularly. Specific oligarchs are suffering personally. The Russian anti-corruption movement is growing, and it's not impossible that Russians might force reforms from the bottom up. Given that the alternative is war with the world's largest nuclear power, patience and steadfastness are worth the effort just as they were in the late 1980s.

Of course all this would be more effective if Trump and his cronies weren't pushing as hard as they can to give the oligarchs relief in exchange for their own fat slices of Russian criminal/energy-sector pie.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Enough wrote:
Rip wrote:
Enough wrote:
Rip wrote:
Enough wrote:

You're grasping at straws. It's so simple. Le Pen is clearly on balance worse for the US, worse for Europe and better for Russia and the racists.
Well a lot of people in France don't think it is simple just like a lot of people here didn't.

Democracy on the other hand is simple. Trump won, she will win and things will go on fine without the major consequences you proclaim.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Rip wrote:
Democracy on the other hand is simple. Trump won, she will win

Notez s'il vous plaît
: in France the losing candidate actually doesn't take office.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote:
Rip wrote:
Notez s'il vous plaît: in France the losing candidate actually doesn't take office.
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Enough

Post by Enough »

Grifman wrote:
Rip wrote:SHow me someone who supports forcing Russia to give Crimea back and I might change positions.
Show me how short of war anyone can force Russia to give back the Crimea.
He basically already admitted he either wants to support very pro-Putin politicos or ones who will go to war with Russia over Crimea, but dammit not anything in between. It's all so logical.

Enough

Post by Enough »

Holman wrote:Sanctions ARE working. No, they're not getting Crimea back--not yet anyway--but the Russian economy is suffering. State industries are suffering particularly. Specific oligarchs are suffering personally. The Russian anti-corruption movement is growing, and it's not impossible that Russians might force reforms from the bottom up. Given that the alternative is war with the world's largest nuclear power, patience and steadfastness are worth the effort just as they were in the late 1980s.

Of course all this would be more effective if Trump and his cronies weren't pushing as hard as they can to give the oligarchs relief in exchange for their own fat slices of Russian criminal/energy-sector pie.
Thanks, I was a bit too lazy to not make this response but it's clearly true, though slightly less so with higher oil prices.

Enough

Post by Enough »

Holman wrote:
Rip wrote:

Notez s'il vous plaît
: in France the losing candidate actually doesn't take office.
Oh there you go again bringing up those 2.8 million fraudulent votes.

Rip

Post by Rip »

Don't like the system change it.