Marvel Puzzle Quest

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

T

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by T »

KK/IM40/3* Mags tears through the Enchilada (or whatever it's called now) sometimes in under a minute. All 3 generate AP, you have healing, AOE, board shake and are only missing black.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

T wrote:KK/IM40/3* Mags tears through the Enchilada (or whatever it's called now) sometimes in under a minute. All 3 generate AP, you have healing, AOE, board shake and are only missing black.
Nice.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

GreenGoo wrote:I have a single 4* champion. Invisible Woman.

Go me.

I don't have a single other 4* fully covered, although a few are close, I guess.
Since her latest re-do Invisible Woman is very nice.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I was using her before her change and because she was my highest level 4*, she could do alright. She's not the trainwreck (there were many 3*'s better than her) she used to be.

I'd still rather have just about any other 4* championed though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just five missions on the new event gets you a Coulson cover.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Isgrimnur wrote:Just five missions on the new event gets you a Coulson cover.
Very nice, a bit of story, some upgraded goons, 12,000 Iso-8 and I got a yellow cover so my Coulson is 1, 1, 1.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

T wrote:KK/IM40/3* Mags tears through the Enchilada (or whatever it's called now) sometimes in under a minute. All 3 generate AP, you have healing, AOE, board shake and are only missing black.
Yes. One of my go-to teams. Love them.
T

Post by T »

Baroquen wrote:
Yes. One of my go-to teams. Love them.
I just started using it when they changed the DDQ and at first I thought I was just getting good boards. But, it crushes almost every day, it's not the board, it's just a good team.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Anything with goons requires the use of Doctor Strange. I have him at 130, dishing 1k of damage every time they drop a tile.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I finally got some bonus hero love today. Before today I hadn't gotten one and that's after opening a lot of tokens.

This morning I got a bonus 3* Dr. Strange and then I got a Heroic token in my daily resupply that became a 3* Deadpool cover that got me another Heroic token as a champ reward. That token got me a purple Spiderwoman (boo she is 1, 5, 1 so it'll be Iso) but it came with a bonus Iceman that was cover 13!
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I was in the same boat as you Dramatist. I was completely shut out on bonus tokens.... until today.

This morning I hit big time. I got 3 bonus tokens, all of Dr Strange and in the right color combinations to allow me to fully cover him. I am now the proud owner of a championed Dr. Strange.

My combo of Strange, Iron Fist and Black Panther is insane when fighting goons. And since Strange blasts the Flames upon any villain use of power as well, this has become my Big Enchilada team as well. If I get a couple of pink and black matches, its game over with this team.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

How does 3* mags generate AP? Did you mean 2*?
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

3* Thanos makes super quick work of the Big Enchilada now. Mines 5 3 5 and level 170. The last couple of days I've run him with 3* Daken and OML because they can heal. After the first enemy goes down Thanos does an AoE to the next three for 4,116 which usually kills them too. Makes the node very quick.

This also makes super quick work of feeder teams in PvP. One shot one of the low levels with a match and boom 4K nuke on the other two.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
T

Post by T »

GreenGoo wrote:
His red and blue - which I have maxed - often cause cascades generating AP. It happens more often than not. Especially if red is used right before blue.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

So Hawkguy has been really fun to play with in the ongoing PvE. Mine just got cover number 5 and he's already very useful. I'm using him with Starlord and X-Force Wolverine and it's been fun.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
persself

Post by persself »

Anyone playing PvE Simulator? What team are using to beat Wasp, IF, and Luke?
I am wiping out over and over, but I only have 3* fully covered, and very little in the
way of 4*.
Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I used OML, Iceman, and Starlord, so that's not going to help much. But maybe someone with stun or someone who can steal the protect and attack tiles (Loki?).
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Try Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Captain America?
persself

Post by persself »

Isgrimnur wrote:Try Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Captain America?
Thank you !!!!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I assume it was a success? I'm all about overwriting or destroying enemy special tiles.
persself

Post by persself »

Isgrimnur wrote:I assume it was a success? I'm all about overwriting or destroying enemy special tiles.
Yes, yes it was. Funny thing is I love love Daredevil. He didn't last too long, but just enough to throw a couple stuns and convert Luke's blasted protect tiles !
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You had better luck than I did. Complete wipe. Falcon, Magneto, and Blade fared no better.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I believe Wasp is going to be excellent now after her re-do. Plus I might actually get to cover her soon because of vaulting
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Vaulting has finally compelled me to hoard CP until I reach 120. I've needed one specific cover for both Cyclops (blue) and X-23 (red) for months and in that time I've gotten roughly 5 Cyclops reds and 6 X-23 greens. Of course, vaulting also means I'll need to wait until a Cyclops or X-23 cover to show up in progression (or get super lucky with bonus heroes) to be able to champion either one...
Black Lives Matter
persself

Post by persself »

Dramatist wrote:I believe Wasp is going to be excellent now after her re-do. Plus I might actually get to cover her soon because of vaulting
If that simulator fight was any indication, I'd say so !! She was a monster with her stuff going off every single turn.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Vaulting has finally compelled me to hoard CP until I reach 120. I've needed one specific cover for both Cyclops (blue) and X-23 (red) for months and in that time I've gotten roughly 5 Cyclops reds and 6 X-23 greens. Of course, vaulting also means I'll need to wait until a Cyclops or X-23 cover to show up in progression (or get super lucky with bonus heroes) to be able to champion either one...
I have spent 120 cp on a few occasions to get the last cover I need. Command points are pretty easy to come by now.

On an unrelated and random note. I have now gotten a 4* bonus hero three times. Each time from a heroic token and each time coming from a purple Spider Woman cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Dramatist on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Is there a site w/ a list of vaulted characters? And did I read right that you could still target an older, vaulted character for your bonus covers?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Any character except limited ones (e.g. Howard the Duck) can be bonus heroes. I'm not sure of the exact list, but you can probably click on the question mark by the legendary tokens to find out who's in.

I have received two bonus heroes so far, both 3*s. No bonus 4*s yet. At a 5% clip, I suppose that isn't too surprising.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just got a doc X bonus this morning. Was his first yellow, I think.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

So my 4* Luke Cage is 4, 4, 3 and boosted this week and I raised him from 70 to 160 and have been using him along with a booted 4* Jean Grey and unboosted Scarlet Witch in the Venom Bomb PvE. There is really good synergy with this team.

If there's plenty of purple on the board things are easy because I can just use Jean Grey's purple to remove enemy tiles and do nice AoE damage, but if the board is starved for purple Luke Cage becomes super important. Whenever the enemies drop a countdown Luke Cage drops a protect tile on black, he also reduces the damage on enemy tiles so while the symbiotes raise tile damage he can more than cancel it out. The teams takes very little damage.

I think 4* Luke Cage is going to be a very good PvE character.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

T wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
His red and blue - which I have maxed - often cause cascades generating AP. It happens more often than not. Especially if red is used right before blue.
No black in that combo and IM40 and Mags have kind of high ap powers that slows down KKs healing. Lots of damage with that combo, though, so I can see the appeal.

If you have championed Hulk and Loki to go with Mags, the combo is pretty sick. The AP generation is ridiculous.

I like using KK with cyclops and Spider-Man. Blue stun goes off a lot, triggering the healing quite frequently. There is probably a better blue pink character to throw in there, but I haven't goofed around with it too much.

I find IM40 works well with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, but he works well with lots of combos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
T

Post by T »

CMags/Loki/Hulk is very good. Even just CMags and Loki are very good together.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Lately for PVE Ive been rolling with Cyclops 3 star, Iron Fist 3 star and Dr Strange. They are crushing it. Great color coverage, stuns and heals, board clearing skills, nice symmetry and some really heavy hitting offense. I have to get a really bad board to take any kind of major damage.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I got my heroic 10 pack from the PvP season and got one 4*. It was the 13th cover for Luke Cage, then a bonus which was the 13th cover for Peggy Carter. I have another cover for Peggy Carter that expires in about 24 hours. I think I can champ her before it expires but it's gonna be close.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Well it's the start of a new season and time for more roster musings.

This past season was the first season with Bonus Heroes and vaulting and it was pretty interesting.

Bonus Heroes is great although random. I've gotten a bunch of 3* bonus heroes. I started with Dr. Strange and took him to 183 for the Nova cover. Then GSBW because she was my highest 3* and I took her past level 223 (Nick Fury cover) and 227 (legendary token). Then switched to Daken to take him to level 223 for the X-23 cover. Then switched to Classic Magneto because I will get my 13th Professor X token when Mags makes 223. I had only gotten a couple of Mags covers and this morning I switched to Hawkguy to cover him.
I've gotten four 4* bonus heroes. First was cover 13 for Iceman, then three Peggy Carter covers to help complete her ASAP. Now I have Jean Grey as my bonus because with any cover she'll get her first champ level and I'll get a legendary token.
I haven't gotten a 5* yet.

Now vaulting and the latest 12... There has been really good things and some bad things.

The really good is being able to Champion Peggy Carter and Luke Cage. Also good is my 4,4,4, Wasp.
The bad is a 5,5,1 Gwenpool with one cover sold, a 3,5,1 Spider Woman with 3 covers sold and a 1,0,5 Medusa with one cover sold. I hate selling covers. I'm not sure who leaves tokens after this season too.

As far as all the other 4*s who are vaulted things have been ok. I was able to get cover 13 for Iceman and also covers 12 and 13 for Starlord. I just need about 450,00 Iso to champion them. They are both good so I think I will make them a priority now that I've finished spending Iso on Peggy and Luke.
The other bad thing is the old 4*s that I'm interested in that are far from being cover maxed. Take 4* Cyclops for instance. My Cyclops is 3,3,3. I'd love to finish him it will be a long time before I get four more covers. I could set him as my only bonus 4* but that would still take a long time. Plus there are others that I can set to my bonus hero and get more immediate rewards. Then there are others that I'd love to finish who are even farther away like my 6 cover Quake. Sigh.

Right now I'm hoarding Legendary tokens and Command Points. I just started this and I probably won't be able to hold out for too long but maybe until I champion Starlord and Iceman. It would be fun to open a bunch of legendary tokens at once but so far that has taken more willpower than I actually have. Right now I could only open 5.

My 3*s are doing fine. Highest is a level 229 GSBW, only non champ is Hawkguy of course.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Well guys, I have decided to try a more non casual alliance. Thanks for all the fun.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Good luck Dramatist!
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Well I finally got my Deadpool vaults up to 300 tokens and emptied them today. That is one major boost to your roster and resources. Only one complaint, after all of that time saving up your tokens, the drudgery of having to click through all of them is ridiculous. They really need to add an "Empty the Vault" button. They could easy fix this so instead of over 2000 clicks to get your stuff all you would need is 2.
T

Post by T »

rshetts2 wrote:Well I finally got my Deadpool vaults up to 300 tokens and emptied them today. That is one major boost to your roster and resources. Only one complaint, after all of that time saving up your tokens, the drudgery of having to click through all of them is ridiculous. They really need to add an "Empty the Vault" button. They could easy fix this so instead of over 2000 clicks to get your stuff all you would need is 2.
I just started saving for this. Seems to be the best way to progress and get HP for someone who doesn't want to put any more money into the game. I've already dropped about $25 and that is more than enough for a puzzle game.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

T wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:Well I finally got my Deadpool vaults up to 300 tokens and emptied them today. That is one major boost to your roster and resources. Only one complaint, after all of that time saving up your tokens, the drudgery of having to click through all of them is ridiculous. They really need to add an "Empty the Vault" button. They could easy fix this so instead of over 2000 clicks to get your stuff all you would need is 2.
I just started saving for this. Seems to be the best way to progress and get HP for someone who doesn't want to put any more money into the game. I've already dropped about $25 and that is more than enough for a puzzle game.
It is absolutely the way to go. It requires patience but the payoff is enormous. I got enough HP to open slots for every hero. Well every hero except most of the 1 stars. You really only need one 1 star hero. All of my 2 stars got championed and I was able to sell several and then recover them, getting all of the bonuses from their champion levels.